Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Overwatch

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Victory animation butt pose

3028526-pose.png

Gerrard

Arcane
Widowmaker's broken spine triggers me. She looks like something a Korean would design, like the Blade & Soul characters.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Tracer's proportions are laughably unrealistic. And that's not an SJW perspective that's basic anatomy. Or maybe you can find me a woman who is 70% legs and 30% torso? She'd definitely have to do sumo deadlifts with that frame. Anyway, it's pretty funny that Jeff 'Tigole Bitties' Kaplan is the one on the forefront of being sensitive to pseudo-sexism hogwash.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I've watched some gameplay videos of Overwatch and although it's sadly a lot slower than Tribes, I'm looking forward to trying it with my longtime Steam shooter friends. It seems as though clever use of the environment, environmental awareness, "twitch" aptitude, and precise predictive aim are rewarded, which are all things I like, other than going fast.

I'm not sure said friends themselves are particularly looking forward to it, and most are Europooreans, so I'll probably have to buy several copies.

Quigs

Magister
I've watched some gameplay videos of Overwatch and although it's sadly a lot slower than Tribes,

Good to see another Tribes fan running around. I'm guessing you mean the newer Tribes Ascend, as the original wasn't so much about speed as fun group tactics, with the multi passenger flying vehicles and all. Ascend lost it for me after a few balance patches where getting the drop on someone didn't matter. It was still a fun, fast shooter, but it really lost the hunting aspect that I loved about it.

That said, if Onlywatch has a demo, I'll give it a shot. I turned my nose up at Blizzard's CCG Hearthstone when that first came out, and that was a mistake. With the Tracer pose being changed to a more appropriate pinup thing, this all just seems like an attempt of a dopey PR guy trying to gain credit with the SJW crowd. Can't blame him for trying. It's literally his job.

Martius

Liturgist
There will be open beta in may so pretty much with some free time can treat it like demo.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Tracer's proportions are laughably unrealistic. And that's not an SJW perspective that's basic anatomy. Or maybe you can find me a woman who is 70% legs and 30% torso? She'd definitely have to do sumo deadlifts with that frame. Anyway, it's pretty funny that Jeff 'Tigole Bitties' Kaplan is the one on the forefront of being sensitive to pseudo-sexism hogwash.
That's hardly the only unrealistic thing among the Owerwatch character anatomies though. It's almost as if the game is intentionally cartoony with exaggerated character designs...

Revenant

Also why is she purple?
http://eu.battle.net/overwatch/en/heroes/widowmaker/ said:
“One shot, one kill.”

Widowmaker is the perfect assassin: a patient, ruthlessly efficient killer who shows neither emotion nor remorse.

It is believed that in her former life, Widowmaker was married to Gérard Lacroix, an Overwatch agent spearheading operations against the Talon terrorist organization. After several unsuccessful attempts to eliminate Gérard, Talon decided to change its focus to his wife, Amélie. Talon operatives kidnapped her and subjected her to an intense program of neural reconditioning. They broke her will, suppressed her personality, and reprogrammed her as a sleeper agent. She was eventually found by Overwatch agents, apparently none the worse for wear, and returned to her normal life.

Two weeks later she killed Gérard in his sleep.

Her mission complete, Amélie returned to Talon, and they completed the process of turning her into a living weapon. She was given extensive training in the covert arts, and then her physiology was altered, drastically slowing her heart, which turned her skin cold and blue and numbed her ability to experience human emotion. Amélie was gone.

Now, Widowmaker is Talon's most effective assassin, feeling little save the satisfaction of a job well done.
Actually, these hero histories make for a nice read. Makes one think OW had the potential to be a proper futuristic story-driven game instead of a team based shooter.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I've watched some gameplay videos of Overwatch and although it's sadly a lot slower than Tribes, I'm looking forward to trying it with my longtime Steam shooter friends. It seems as though clever use of the environment, environmental awareness, "twitch" aptitude, and precise predictive aim are rewarded, which are all things I like, other than going fast.

I'm not sure said friends themselves are particularly looking forward to it, and most are Europooreans, so I'll probably have to buy several copies.

/trashes Fallout 4

/gives hundreds to Blizzard for latest microtransaction cashgrab console shooter

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Who said I treat FO4 as an RPG? At least buy Killing Floor 2.

It doesn't matter how you treat Fallout 4. The rest of the world believes it's an RPG (an epitome of the genre, even), it's marketed and classified as an RPG, and that's a big part of the problem. Fallout 4 is the capstone of the decline of RPGs, yet you chose to wallow in it. That is the antithesis of what the Codex is all about... although to be fair, that probably means DU will ask you to join the forum staff soon.

You persist in following me around the forum, months after I denigrated you as the worst kind of agent of the decline, attempting to salvage your dignity by making a fuss whenever I mention an interest in any game you consider to be less than :obviously: for whatever (usually very dubious) reason. Pathetic.

Anyway: I've played the original Killing Floor with my shooter pals, planned to grab KF2, but it's funny you mention cash grabs because you clearly haven't checked the KF2 Steam page lately. It's been in full-on red-flag, do not buy status for a little while now.

Also, team-based vs. bots is a fun distraction, but nowhere near as potentially challenging as team vs. team and player vs. player, and (at least for me) with nowhere near the longevity. You can accuse Overwatch of being console-centric all you like, and perhaps it is, but I'm not getting that from any of the gameplay videos. Rest assured that if I did, I'd drop it immediately, because I detest consolized shooters. There are however quite a few cross-developed shooters that are perfectly respectable.

abija

Prophet
The hidden plan of Bethesda, releasing a shooter so bland and bad that everything ID and associates made after Q3 looks great by comparison? Bonus points for using a RPG franchise to do it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Who said I treat FO4 as an RPG? At least buy Killing Floor 2.

It doesn't matter how you treat Fallout 4. The rest of the world believes it's an RPG (an epitome of the genre, even), it's marketed and classified as an RPG, and that's a big part of the problem. Fallout 4 is the capstone of the decline of RPGs, yet you chose to wallow in it. That is the antithesis of what the Codex is all about... although to be fair, that probably means DU will ask you to join the forum staff soon.

You persist in following me around the forum, months after I denigrated you as the worst kind of agent of the decline, attempting to salvage your dignity by making a fuss whenever I mention an interest in any game you consider to be less than :obviously: for whatever (usually very dubious) reason. Pathetic.

Anyway: I've played the original Killing Floor with my shooter pals, planned to grab KF2, but it's funny you mention cash grabs because you clearly haven't checked the KF2 Steam page lately. It's been in full-on red-flag, do not buy status for a little while now.

Also, team-based vs. bots is a fun distraction, but nowhere near as potentially challenging as team vs. team and player vs. player, and (at least for me) with nowhere near the longevity. You can accuse Overwatch of being console-centric all you like, and perhaps it is, but I'm not getting that from any of the gameplay videos. Rest assured that if I did, I'd drop it immediately, because I detest consolized shooters. There are however quite a few cross-developed shooters that are perfectly respectable.
If 'following you' consists of responding to your posts in threads I'm already actively engaged in then... okay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom