Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

One click to preview when replying, that would be sweet.

Yeesh

Magister
As I write to create this new thread, there's a Preview button down there, and lord knows I intend to use it. It's the only way to be sure.

But when I'm replying to a thread, the button has gone missing. In it's place is More Options... And that's great, but 95% of the time the option I want is Preview. I'd use up two page views instead of three in the reply process if Preview were right there instead of a page away.

I searched and noticed that this has been requested in the Theme feedback thread, but maybe it's not a theme issue. Or maybe it's a stupid idea and I'm just too olde to get "with it".

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
For some reason, that looked like "One dick to preview when replying, that would be sweet".

Yeesh

Magister
I actually wrote it's instead of its. Now I'm unmasked as a fucking retard. AND no one click preview.

I can see how more powerful users might have more options, and so the More Options button is surely handy. But I don't see why you wouldn't want to ALSO have a Preview button right down there at the bottom of this very reply box for us less powerful users. There seems to be space for about ten more buttons next to the lonely two there now. I enjoy the WYSIWYG editor, but alas it's not actually WYSIWYG (in my limited experience this holds true at least for the background to colored text and for videos). So surely I'm not the only previewer out there wasting resources with that extra page view.

Anyway, I only wanted to state my case. Codex's will be done, amen.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
What I'm saying is that basically it's a XenForo thing and I can't do shit about it.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Eh, the whole editor shouldn't be loading with the quick reply box at all. The whole point of the quick reply is that it's there for, uh, QUICK replies. A sentence or three with no extra formatting, which is what 90%+ of the responses are. Anything more extensive is on its own page with a full editor and preview. I don't know whose bright idea was to load the full editor with every page view - that's the real waste of resources here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom