Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Obsidian Pitching New Star Wars Game

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A Warhammer 40k crpg could be great, but they'd have to convince Sega...
Also most of what MCA writes is Chaos Temptation 101, so he would be a nice fit. OTOH all the random crazy tables of Dark Heresy would probably give Josh an aneurysm.

Deleted member 7219

By announcing this, they've fucked up any chance of it actually happening. Damn it, Obsidian, what the hell are you guys doing?

lol @ the comments on that star trek video
"Leonard Nimoy as Spock or Zachary Quinto?"
"Zachary Quinto"
"what...then fuck this game."

Shannow

Waster of Time
Was going to comment on not giving a fuck whether Obsidian shit on Star Was again or not since "the franchise" has already been well and truly raped and I simply can't make myself care anymore.
But it seems this thread is now about how Obsidian isn't working on a Star Trek game (thank god) and that youtube commenters are stupid, so I don't have to bother.
Or something.

4too

Arcane
Disney: The Graveyard Of IP's

Why doesn't the smart money re-tread this retread!
John_carter_poster.jpg

Original pulp novel cover art may have projected the concept of the bronze bikini, a staple fig leaf of fantasy couture, then, now, and ever more.

The movie didn't move the masses, and when did that stop regurgitating a chewed over IP.

The only over exposure for JC may be the rippling thews and consensual thighs.

O.K. at least ...

Less -meh- baggage.

4too

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
yes let's hope for a non-rpg by obsidian

because it ended so well with dungeon siege 3

WOLOLO!
There was nothing wrong with DS3's core combat mechanics. :cool: Nothing particularly right either. :roll: It would have been better had everyone been on the same page from the start. Good thing they're doing those game specification documents now. After so many years of being in business.

winterraptor

Cipher
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Meanwhile, Chris hopes his ass off he'll get to write anything other than another Star Bores game.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
That does sound excellent. One does hope that this will be another masterpiece by our beloved Avellone.

What I really wish for is more of what I know I love and connect to.

Depressive worlds. Crumbling worlds. States of ruin, filled with strange beings, drifting, slowly being hollowed out by whatever bizarre horrors - and wonders - this odd world holds. Another world like Dark Souls. Like PS:T. Like Nier. The melancholy of Arcanum. I love melancholy.

Sometimes, I am.

Because the world goes on without me- I exist outside of it and observe, unable to connect to almost anyone who lives in it. They are all so foreign. But in strange, desolate worlds I can find solace- and even happiness. Because the true melancholic knows that there is a beauty to sadness. An uplifting beauty that is difficult to describe, and can be shared with no one.

hiver

Word to the wise: be careful of what you make yourself believe.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
You know this site is littered with Obsidian fanboys when this thread gets to five pages in twelve hours.

Tigranes

Arcane
I'm an Obsidian fanboy, but geez. I understand the difficulty with new IPs, but Star Wars is just about on the bottom of my list.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Star Wars Trilogy was my favorite thing as a kid. Also, regarding Empire Strikes Back:

1. Hoth fight against snow beast was shit and a cover for Hamill's car accident
2. Hoth vehicular battle was shit and boring with zero tension and flawed visuals.
3. Han's ship was constantly falling apart yet able to withstand the extreme hazards of space travel and atmospheric reentry.
4. Also Han and Leia had a good damn time with that atmosphere inside that meteor/ alien
5. Yoda, a character from Sesame Street, didn't want to train the grandson of the Force and thought it would be better to let him wander about.
6. Vader used force powers never seen before or since.
7. Boba Fett had magical powers.
8. Billy Dee Williams stared in this movie.
9. All of the main characters were completely useless and failed at everything, except Boba Fett.
10. The music was pretty good.

:troll:

Well, hopefully the use of Kirk, Spock et al. will at least spare us all the "who is the true FemShep?" blather

And if you're playing as Kirk, this might actually be the one time I can forgive a game for devoting significant resources to having you shag every NPC in the game. Got to stay true to the canon, after all.

Hell, I'd even have him shag all the male NPCs, Spock included. Because really, once you've committed to routine unprotected sex with green-skinned alien women (and let's face it, the speed at which they put out for Kirk probably means that he's a walking STD petri dish by now), going gay really isn't much of a step. The only thing that might stop him is that unless the NPC has scales, Kirk might decide that it isn't freaky enough to interest him.

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Hell, I'd even have him shag all the male NPCs, Spock included. Because really, once you've committed to routine unprotected sex with green-skinned alien women (and let's face it, the speed at which they put out for Kirk probably means that he's a walking STD petri dish by now), going gay really isn't much of a step. The only thing that might stop him is that unless the NPC has scales, Kirk might decide that it isn't freaky enough to interest him.

:lol:
It would be pretty great to establish Kirk as boning green ladies because he's such a decadent manwhore that he has lost the ability to enjoy anything remotely vanilla. He has become so overstimulated that he can only be aroused by increasingly freakier and freakier encounters, culminating in a night with the Medusans that leaves everyone insane. Except, that is, for Kirk, who must now face the despair of knowing that, although he has gone as far as possible, it's still not enough to satisfy him.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Disney: The Graveyard Of IP's

Why doesn't the smart money re-tread this retread!
John_carter_poster.jpg

Original pulp novel cover art may have projected the concept of the bronze bikini, a staple fig leaf of fantasy couture, then, now, and ever more.

The movie didn't move the masses, and when did that stop regurgitating a chewed over IP.

The only over exposure for JC may be the rippling thews and consensual thighs.

O.K. at least ...

Less -meh- baggage.

4too

John Carter was good for what it was, it had Ceaser and Mark Anthony from Rome... it was the second film ''Princess of Mars'' which was travesty against spirit of Pulp Fiction.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"The movie didn't move the masses, and when did that stop regurgitating a chewed over IP."

Actually, it did reasonably well as far as money making goes. However, it cost way too fukin' mucg.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Star Wars Trilogy was my favorite thing as a kid. Also, regarding Empire Strikes Back:

1. Hoth fight against snow beast was shit and a cover for Hamill's car accident
Still did a good job showing Luke's current aptitude with the force and the state of the relationship between Luke and Han.
2. Hoth vehicular battle was shit and boring with zero tension and flawed visuals.
Seemed awesome when I was 8, effectively demonstrated difference between the Empire and the Rebels. Empire crushes it's opponents with massive sized force, Rebels are to be more creative and still end up losing.
3. Han's ship was constantly falling apart yet able to withstand the extreme hazards of space travel and atmospheric reentry.
Maybe you should listen to him talk about it. Also, it was just the electronics that were a problem. It's clearly durable from the exterior which is shown in all 3 movies.
4. Also Han and Leia had a good damn time with that atmosphere inside that meteor/ alien
Is there any reason you can't have an atmosphere inside an alien?
5. Yoda, a character from Sesame Street, didn't want to train the grandson of the Force and thought it would be better to let him wander about.
grandson of the Force is a shitty retcon from the prequels, which don't exist.
6. Vader used force powers never seen before or since.
Can you refresh my memory? I only remember him choking some dudes and throwing shit around which are shown used by others.
9. All of the main characters were completely useless and failed at everything, except Boba Fett.
Vader sets the perfect trap for Luke, and it works.

Severian Silk

Don't care what they make as long as it's sci-fi. Though KOTOR2 didn't really feel like sci-fi to me.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
You know this site is littered with Obsidian fanboys when this thread gets to five pages in twelve hours.

This wouldn't be an issue if there was some other company actually worth being a fanboy about.

Who's cock am I supposed to suck on? EAs? Activision? Bethesda? Bioware?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom