Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Obsidian Pitching New Star Wars Game

Dexter

Arcane
Is it wrong that at this point I'd rather have CDProjekt RED do this than Obsidian? :oops:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Is it wrong that at this point I'd rather have CDProjekt RED do this than Obsidian? :oops:

CDPR have already shown they are capable of producing bland, uninteresting and shit stories. Sounds like an ideal match for a game about the prequels.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I thought the Unleashed game was fun (didn't play 2), y'know, for what it was. Just some fun running around feeling overpowered tossing fools around.

And sure, there's other settings to use, but how many settings can get a publisher interested? Disney wants to milk this baby!

I still prefer Jedi Knight, Jedi Academy style action game :) But you are right, Disney spend a lot of money for SW and they want to "milk" it as soon as possible. Hence the new about new movies and games.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
And Brother None, if you liked KOTOR 1, you should definitely try to work some magic and make it work and play through KOTOR 2.

I know, I know. I liked KotOR well enough. Perhaps my favorite BioWare game, where favorite equals "the one that bored me least". I'll give 2 another shot when I can, see if I can't get it running somehow.

And Brother None, if you liked KOTOR 1, you should definitely try to work some magic and make it work and play through KOTOR 2.

I know, I know. I liked KotOR well enough. Perhaps my favorite BioWare game, where favorite equals "the one that bored me least". I'll give 2 another shot when I can, see if I can't get it running somehow.

See, we have similar taste. I also think that. So make that baby work. :D Only other game from Bioware that I think is good is Baldur's Gate 2.

About most others I think they're mediocre, or shit.

EG

Nullified

See, we have similar taste. I also think that. So make that baby work. :D Only other game from Bioware that I think is good is Baldur's Gate 2.

About most others I think they're mediocre, or shit.

Verily, it will bore you the least more.

Wizfall

Cipher
I like space opera setting.
But i'm very tired of Star Wars.
Too bad they don't want/think a cRPG in a new space opera setting could work.
I miss old games games like Hard Nova that introduce new setting even if not original, they are at least refreshing.
Too much franchise nowadays.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Why hasn't Chris done any original Sci-Fi? At least not something I can think off at the top of my head.

Because good luck getting a new IP off the ground when you're Obsidian. Alpha Protocol didn't go that well and no one is apparently willing to fund a sequel, especially SEGA. Not to mention their cancelled projects over the years.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Why hasn't Chris done any original Sci-Fi? At least not something I can think off at the top of my head.

You mean like original property? Isn't Alpha Protocol the only non-licensed, non-sequel title Chris has ever done significant work on (and Eternity, next)? The scope and budget of the kind of games MCA works on do not allow for a lot of original properties, it's a lot of franchises. Not so much a question on sci-fi specifically, just a reality industry-wide.

Lancehead

Liturgist
Also, Avellone seems at his best when he's subverting tropes, and working with an established setting facilitates than more than a new one.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Nathan Grayson sure is an Obsidian cocksucker. Feargus isn't coming off much better either. "Disney, please let me work on a Star Wars game! Look, I'll even make this public and you'll see how many people want it!"

Disney I'm telling you right now: I don't want this.

And yes of course it'd be an action RPG and not some shitty plays-itself game.
http://kotaku.com/5968952/the-knigh...e-some-of-the-coolest-role+playing-games-ever
Then they got a call from Simon Jeffrey, who was then president of LucasArts. He wanted to talk about making a video game.
"We actually talked to him about doing sort of an action-RPG Star Wars game, which I always thought would be cool to do—like a little party-based action-RPG, with first-person lightsabers and R2D2. It'd be fun. I still think it'd be cool to do," Urquhart said.

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So it's not KOTOR 3 but people can live 20k+ years in Star Wars and Kreia and the gang are going to be in this one right????
:(

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Where do KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2 fit in between the movies anyway? If they even do at all.

(Disclaimer: I never watched any of the movies so I never bothered to lore up besides both KOTOR games :oops:.)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Where do KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2 fit in between the movies anyway? If they even do at all.

(Disclaimer: I never watched any of the movies so I never bothered to lore up besides both KOTOR games :oops:.)
KOTOR happened A Very Long Time™ before the movies.

NiM82

Prophet
Obsidian trying to brute force Disney into letting them make a Star Wars game, what could possibly go wrong!

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
On one hand I like how Obsidian has been rebuilding their reputation lately, with all of those 'tell-all' interviews. The timing is great -- consoles are relaunching, retarded console scene has very shitty memory and bioware are becoming cool to hate, so the opportunity is obvious. Of course, that would eventually force them to become new popamole kings of oblivion effected scrolls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom