Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Obsidian joins The Wheel of Time

bat_boro

Arcane
Lesifoere said:
A++ Azrael, will lol again.

(Oh shit, I just noticed the Valentine's Day Codex header.)

Oh lol yeah me too I just can't stop laughing, this shit it spot on

relootz

Scholar
Azrael the cat said:
Brilliant. Just brilliant. Obsidian can 'not finish' a game better than other developer I know of. They can set up a whole lot of intricate characters, with plans about how their character stories will intersect and meet for a coherent over-arching theme, and then not get around to implementing it and leaving the material on the cd for a bunch of modding groups to slowly add in pieces until interest eventually runs out many years later.

And it will be entirely faithful to the source material!

:lol:

I feel another Kotor 2 traumatized victem.

Andhaira

Arcane
If its an action rpg you will probably play as either an ashaman or an aes sedai.

Shannow

Waster of Time
A little beside the point, but I found that the Knife of Dreams reached the "quality" of the first WoT book again. And it was hilarious that Jordan kicked the bucket right after becoming more than bearable again.
For whoever might be interested, Brandon Sanderson took over the series and supposedly continued it quite well. At least without all the "harumphing", "crossing arms" and page long descriptions of clothing.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
I... what? Shannow, I couldn't even make it through the first WoT book. That was Jordan at his best?

Shannow

Waster of Time
Lesifoere said:
I... what? Shannow, I couldn't even make it through the first WoT book. That was Jordan at his best?
Jep, pretty much. Story went from Tolkien rip-off to not. As in: the story didn't progress anymore. So you had bad writing (admittedly compounded by repetition of stupid devices) plus nothing happening (or at least happening so slow anybody could have written it 1/20 of the pages Jordan needed). Personally I didn't mind the characters themselves so much as the character-interaction. Just incredibly removed from anything resembling how real people behave. The harumphing, braid-pulling and description of clothing didn't help either...
But as I mentioned in the other thread, the world itself could be quite good as a game-setting.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Honestly from what I read I thought the 4th book was the best (it was also the last one I read), but that was simply because by the 3rd book Jordan finally decided to give some of his characters besides Rand some development, especially Perryn, which is one of the very few characters I liked.

Erebus

Arcane
Shannow said:
For whoever might be interested, Brandon Sanderson took over the series and supposedly continued it quite well. At least without all the "harumphing", "crossing arms" and page long descriptions of clothing.

What about the braid-pulling ? It's not the Wheel of Time if there ain't any braid-pulling ! And men/women thinking "I just don't understand women/men." !

Wulfstand said:
especially Perryn, which is one of the very few characters I liked.

Who doesn't like Perryn ? He spanks his wife, you've got to admire that !
(Also, I believe it takes him roughly 2,000 pages to realize his wife has been kidnapped and to go after her.)

aleph

Arcane
Wasn't it braid-tugging, not pulling? :?

That stuff is important for a faithful representation.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Xor said:
I could get excited about this.
Years ago, when I first heard something as incredible as Obsidian developing an Alien game, I thought this was an amazing, unexpected news of a project with great potential.

And it was just as unexpected as them making another Fallout game.

But now, I just don't get as enthusiastic when hearing about Obsidian jumping into some new wild project.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom