Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, it could be an urban fantasy style 'mundane' superhero.

besides the watchmen, there's only the universe of shyamalan's unbreakable being perfect for this.
There are a few batman clones. Green Arrow seems perfect for a video game with different arrows providing upgrades and resource management.

I don't know Marvel that well, but I'm sure it has a handful of more mundane heroes as well.

Hellblazer, people.

HYmQTCG.jpg

The world needs a Hellblazer RPG by MCA.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The only good super hero is a dead super hero. Preferably raped, degraded and then killed.
Bring on the Lex Luthor RPG. Fuck them aliens and vigilantes thinking they're above law and order, and believing their will and ideals are good for everyone.

I'd play that. Would be a change of pace, turn the whole thing on its head like MCA likes to do.

pippin

The only good super hero is a dead super hero. Preferably raped, degraded and then killed.
Bring on the Lex Luthor RPG. Fuck them aliens and vigilantes thinking they're above law and order, and believing their will and ideals are good for everyone.

I'd play that. Would be a change of pace, turn the whole thing on its head like MCA likes to do.

Lex Luthor was an american businessman being fucked over by protectionist measures and laws from the post war era. In our neoliberal world, he must be the hero. Like David Sarif in DE:HR.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Red Son has already done Lex as the hero of freedom, still would be cool to play though.

Athelas

Arcane
Further confirmation on the unannounced title:

http://www.igdamontreal.ca/events/the-road-to-eternity/

“The Road to Eternity: From Console to PC to Console to PC to Console to PC to Console to PC”

Feargus Urquhart – CEO, Obsidian Entertainment

He is currently the CEO of Obsidian Entertainment, which has 170 developers focused on a varied group of games including Armored Warfare, Pillars of Eternity, Pathfinder: The Adventure Card Game, and a title yet to be announced.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

“The Road to Eternity: From Console to PC to Console to PC to Console to PC to Console to PC”

He is currently the CEO of Obsidian Entertainment, which has 170 developers focused on a varied group of games including Armored Warfare, Pillars of Eternity, Pathfinder: The Adventure Card Game, and a title yet to be announced.

Half Life 3 Confirmed.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Wait, what? :P I guess that's a timeline of his career?

Console - Some old Interplay console title?

PC - Fallout/PS:T/Icewind Dale

Console - Dark Alliance

PC - Van Buren/Black Hound?

Console - KOTOR2

PC - NWN2

Console - AP/FO:NV/DS3/South Park/etc

PC - Pillars of Eternty

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

This is today. It doesn't appear that IGDA Montreal stream their talks, but if somebody in the crowd doesn't do it, it might appear here eventually: https://vimeo.com/igdamontreal

Duraframe300

Arcane
Btw. Bree seems to have changed from an artist role to a recruiter role.

Reasising people from development. Hopefully not a bad sign.

Developer
Superheroes: Had to jump in at the mention of Lex Luthor as the hero, but tuluse beat me to it. Millar's take on Luthor in Red Son is pretty great (For anyone who hasn't read it, Red Son answers the question "What if Superman had landed in Russia instead of the United States?" and then it goes even farther with the character exploration, right down to the final Luthor/Superman showdown). Red Son and Old Man Logan made me a Millar fan for life.

While I love superhero comics and would love to write them or do a superhero game, I don't think I could do Watchmen justice (or any other Alan Moore property).

Deadpool has the opposite problem - I still don't get what makes him tick as a character beyond simply being batshit insane, but granted, I haven't read a lot of Deadpool comics beyond Night of the Living Deadpool (which wasn't bad) and when he was part of the Thunderbolts.

If I ever got the chance to work on a superhero game, I'd prefer being able to create a brand new world and cast of characters.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Please no superheros. Give me some proper sci-fi RPG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom