Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
If the layoff(s?) are as small and inconsequential as Infinitron's sekret sources suggest, it feels like MCA's tweet is some hardcore trolling.

Fairfax

Arcane
MCA should definetely move on with his life and make some new game that we all can enjoy, he's behaving like a ditched girlfriend who just can't stop telling everyone how her former boyfriend was terrible at sex and how she's better off now while her ex has already gone past her and doesn't give a shit anymore.

And I know, I'll get shit-rated by his many followers but that's how he looks like with all this hate and obsession about Obsidian.
He's not trashing Obsidian, though.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
If the layoff(s?) are as small and inconsequential as Infinitron's sekret sources suggest, it feels like MCA's tweet is some hardcore trolling.

Inconsequential to the company, but what a "Merry Christmas" to the people who lost their jobs. +M

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
make some new game that we all can enjoy

Somebody needs to remind them that the only reason anybody gives a shit about them is the content they make. If they can't deliver, why should we give a shit about all this drama?

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Inconsequential to the company, but what a "Merry Christmas" to the people who lost their jobs. +M

For sure, but if he weren't trolling here, he'd have just reached out to those employees (again, assuming it was just a few) directly through a less needlessly public channel. Happens all the time, and most people handle it that way in my experience.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
make some new game that we all can enjoy

Somebody needs to remind them that the only reason anybody gives a shit about them is the content they make. If they can't deliver, why should we give a shit about all this drama?

:lol:

Is someone from Obsidian forcing you to read the "Obsidian Discussion Thread"?

How often do you see me around this parts?

Sometimes i just check those kind of threads on a whim, only to see lots of drama about people who have done very little of worth since forever. Why can't those assholes deliver? How hard can it be?

Fry

Arcane
Yes, I know. On the Codex, not being a hyperbolic edgetard = shill.

Herp derp.

Prime Junta

I would talk about this, but I am not sure what I am allowed to say. One thing to note though is that the layoffs aren't happening immediately. They are happening over the course of a few months early next year.

Whatever the reason, it's sad. Fucking capitalism.

:rampant speculation: Armored Warfare being wound down with no big project ready to go to absorb its people?

aratuk

Cipher
So… Tyranny has been out almost a month, and according to Steamspy has sold around 110,00 copies at $45 US. Is that success or failure? From the credits it looks like a fairly small team worked on it, but of course you can't tell for how long any one of them was assigned.

Layoffs could be unrelated to Tyranny, and it's merely coincidental that it launched recently. Perhaps the company delayed announcing layoffs until a reasonable time after launching a new product, so they wouldn't be misinterpreted as a lack of confidence in it.

I'm almost a little surprised Obsidian didn't launch its Figstarter rather than reducing workforce.

Doma

Augur
It is probably downsizing of the Armored Warfare team. Although a statement from Obsidian would be good. Just so that people dont have to get their information from Avellones dick-waving on twitter.

jaydee2k

Savant
Avellone's dick is hanging around a lot these days. It's getting really annyoing that he is shooting cum load over cum load over his former employer but not on the place where it would suit best. Todd Howards face.

Prime Junta

I hope MCA is okay. He looked terrible in the latest photos. If not this, something's taking a toll.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Other than the fact that it's another example of him becoming the Official Leaker of all things happening in Obsidian, I don't think there was anything objectionable about Avellone's tweet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom