Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

ArchAngel

Arcane
Fallout New Vegas should be remade on the FOnline engine or just generally as a turn based isometric game that has nothing to do with Gamebryo.
I could see myself actually play it then. FNV in that shity engine is just not playable.

StrongBelwas

Savant
Patron
Is that possible without getting sued by Bethesda ?
Short of creating some imitation setting that doesn't use any Fallout-related trademarks, you would be entirely dependent on staying quiet enough that they don't find out, or quiet enough that they can pretend they didn't notice if they like it.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
Short of creating some lookalike setting that doesn't use any Fallout-related trademarks, you would be entirely dependent on staying quiet enough that they don't find out, or quiet enough that they can pretend they didn't notice if they like it.

Yeah I imagine the same settings with all names been altered, for avoiding copyright will be a good start.

But it will be hard to keep it quiet though, it will be a garnered attention by more half Fallout Fanbase if anyone annoucing such project on the internet.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
I think that mostly save because everything is built from the scratch using Fallout 3/New Vegas.

Now if using Fallout 1 assets directly (Like Voice), then you have a problem unless you voicing NPC yourself.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
If any of you want Josh Sawyer to kill himself attempting a 545 mile bike ride here's your chance to make it happen.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
That Anatomy Video, i'm surprised that you be able to frame heck for murder his son.

I thought i did every single possible way to solve that quest, i guess new vegas still surprise me even to this day.

Fry

Arcane
Brofists aplenty for whoever sits through a Mario Galaxy LP in order to bring us a snippet of PoE news.

Sannom

Augur
ObsidianPlays of White March Pt 2 next week with Josh Sawyer, followed by a small Q&A. Details to be given later.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Damn, that blonde chick says the foulest shit imaginable in the last half hour. :lol:

Last edited:

Rostere

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Sadly, I'm not interested in watching other people play games. Unless that other person is Chris Avellone and the game is Arcanum.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
ObsidianPlays of White March Pt 2 next week with Josh Sawyer, followed by a small Q&A. Details to be given later.

Obsidian, late as usual.

Though I guess this was a given considering how there was no mention of it at all this week.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom