Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No Man's Sky

It's not about liking something, it's about getting scammed.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
2PkJoOn.png

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Sean does it again !

'July 24th, NMS Next release Multiplayer: can play with friends, "full" multiplayer experience on Next's release. Battlestar/Star Trek, fun/funny, emergent/intense.
Can play with a "bunch" of your friends, can come across random strangers, can pair up in teams, work together to survive. You can go & prey on other people.
Basebuilding together, complex colonies spread across multiple planets, other players can come & visit. Dogfighting, big space battles, be a pirate or wingman. You can race each other with exocraft. Lay down scenic routes.
Doesn't feel like he's really done with No Man's Sky.
Hopes to reward players' patience with good, solid content instead of talking about them.'

s3tqfof80iy01.jpg

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I think the main problem, or not if you're in the group that enjoys that, is NMS is still basically just "collect shit so you can collect more shit". Short of this co-op update adding more tangible systems to the game that take it away from being what it is, it won't really change anyone's mind in my opinion. Good for them for actually delivering on a bald faced pre-release lie about multiplayer, though.

No the main problem is that you keep talking about this game after everything that happened, he lied and lied and lied and there are still people giving him visibility by posting. What do you have to do to become a nameless developer if releasing a shit game is not enough?

Would killing your team of developers and then detonating the building you worked within be enough?

Mmmm, I don't think so. I'm pretty sure that even in that case people would say that the computers contained the perfect and working source of no man's sky and that what destroyed no man's sky was the furious rage that actually blinded the man into killing everything like a terminator.

Perkel

Arcane
That update basically confirms what he said in GDC talk. They run out of money and they had to release game in state without most of promised features.

I played some of it before last update and progression was greatly improved. It is good game to fuck around for few hours but it is not deep game to play for more.

Curratum

I'm afraid anyone who still believes Sean is going to ever fix this steaming heap is beyond hope.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
It is good game to fuck around for few hours but it is not deep game to play for more.

For a game in this genre (which you might call quasi-MMO/quasi-survival/quasi-sandbox games; how much of each of the three is present and the extent of quasi-ness depends upon the game), that's the same thing as complete and total failure.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Sean does it again !

'July 24th, NMS Next release Multiplayer: can play with friends, "full" multiplayer experience on Next's release. Battlestar/Star Trek, fun/funny, emergent/intense.
Can play with a "bunch" of your friends, can come across random strangers, can pair up in teams, work together to survive. You can go & prey on other people.
Basebuilding together, complex colonies spread across multiple planets, other players can come & visit. Dogfighting, big space battles, be a pirate or wingman. You can race each other with exocraft. Lay down scenic routes.
Hopes to reward players' patience with good, solid content instead of talking about them.'

s3tqfof80iy01.jpg

Perkel

Arcane
It is good game to fuck around for few hours but it is not deep game to play for more.

For a game in this genre (which you might call quasi-MMO/quasi-survival/quasi-sandbox games; how much of each of the three is present and the extent of quasi-ness depends upon the game), that's the same thing as complete and total failure.

Imo failure is that they didn't make Space Engine with gameplay. I truly would love Space Engine with something to motivate me to move to another planet. Sadly NMS attemt is poor. IT has some fantastic tech but it is wasted on poor general design of game.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Sean does it again !

s3tqfof80iy01.jpg

NMS will yet amaze people !

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Wait, wait, I thought this game already had multiplayer, it's just that the universe is so big, that the chance of meeting another player is almost 0.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom