Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nexus 2 Kickstarer is Live!

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I somehow doubt they will get 650k but hopefully it kicks off.

Gord

Arcane
Looks pretty cool indeed. First game went completely below my radar, strangely.

Keshik

Arcane
Hope it picks up, I'll be in for this forget how I happened on the first game (should replay it now that the last mission won't murder my PC) but it was fun.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
My first thought was, you gotta be fucking kidding me, this can't be the sequel to The Jupiter Incident.

And it is. And I'm like :yeah:

Pledged $20, and I haven't even seen the pitch video yet. May up that amount to $100 if they confirm it's DRM-free ($250 is too rich for my blood :()

made

Arcane
First game went completely below my radar, strangely.
Same here if not for a passing mention in a Codex thread a while back.

Game's evidently really obscure, and that's reflected in the pledges so far.

GreyViper

Prophet
I would like them to succeed, but 650k is a lot of money. If they would combine with the old Imperium Galactica style campagin that might help.

Angthoron

Arcane
Decided to pledge. If they succeed, then I will hopefully have a decent game for 20 kwabux, if they don't, I lose nothing.

Emily

Arcane
$44,009
pledged of $650,000 goal

i mean i dunno it could work out hopefully. They just need to get the word out more

Statik

Educated
I'm broke right now, but I'm probably going to pledge when I get my hands on some more money. The Jupiter Incident isn't the most well-known game ever, though, so I hope they manage to hit their goal. A good space game is always welcome.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Well they are these people behind Cruise Line Tycoon.

How deeply they fallen after IG2.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
At what games they worked between Nexus and now?
"Calory counters and other disgusting stuff." :)
That's an excellent renommée for building a new space strategy. It's kinda like when you are working in at new stand, or in tobacco shop last half year. What happened to: My previous job? I worked at guidance for torpedoes for USN, rest of my work is classified. (Well USN has regular and reliable sallaries and stuff like that is nice to cover loses from games. Also these things are kinda related when a game developer actually does R&D.)

made

Arcane
TBH I'm not even sure how many of the devs that made the original Nexus are working at that new company. Neither of the two in the vid sounds Hungarian.

Raapys

Arcane
We can still call upon the original game’s Producer, Lead Designer, and many of the senior artists, programmers and designers, in our mission to deliver you the truly authentic sequel to Nexus.

But yeah, doesn't really look like they'll pull it off. Which is sad. Needs media coverage asap.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom