Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS New expansion announced for Age of Mythology. Yes, after 13 years.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
aotd_hd_logo.jpg

13 years. It’s been 13 years since the release of Age of Mythology on PC. And 12 years since the release of its expansion pack: The Titans. But for great games like Age of Mythology, these years are merely a number. It’s time for a new expansion pack!

http://www.forgottenempires.net/age-of-mythology-tale-of-the-dragon-announcement

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Yeah it's going to be like the forgotten empire. An amateurish mod priced at 15, that stands out like a stain among the other assets.

DO NOT buy it. DO NOT fucking buy it.

Angthoron

Arcane
Oh hey Microsoft, you know what would've been a good idea?

Not fucking up Ensemble Studios, you twats.

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
Got mixed feelings about this. I played the hell out of AoM back in the day. But I was in highschool, for fuck's sake. I don't even know what to think. I didn't get the Extended edition. Will it be worth it?

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
So what was up with China around Trojan war times? Think that was bronze age, right?
They should put Persians/Iranians in the next expansion, because ZOROASTRIANS! (althrough I think that's after the time frame, ins't this the time of Elam?) Olmecs, Celts or Scythians would rock, too.

I want Ereshkigal.
Wait, we already have Hel and Hekate. Damn.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So what was up with China around Trojan war times? Think that was bronze age, right?
They should put Persians/Iranians in the next expansion, because ZOROASTRIANS! (althrough I think that's after the time frame, ins't this the time of Elam?) Olmecs, Celts or Scythians would rock, too.

Assyrians, fuck yeah. Ultimate rapesquads of doom, only mongols are more rapethirsty

Deleted member 7219

I really liked AoM and The Titans. I really hope the new expansion has a good story, because I liked that part of AoM - one long campaign as opposed to separate scenarios.

pippin

Yeah it's going to be like the forgotten empire. An amateurish mod priced at 15, that stands out like a stain among the other assets.

DO NOT buy it. DO NOT fucking buy it.

This is kind of my opinion as well. Long before realizing there was a thing called Forgotten Empires, I played some fanmade scenarios and campaigns and those were all of dubious quality, so I'm kind of wary when it comes to this kind of stuff.
Also the RTS genre killed itself by releasing clone after clone after clone after clone, etc. It's not like RPGs, which tried to be mainstream but couldn't.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
RTS are gaming's biggest disappointment. Somehow they stopped believing they could attract a wide diverse audience in favor of appealing to the nolives and ADD afflicted teenagers.

Doesn't help that RTSs are generally serious pieces of coding, not something untrained indies can handle. More than a decade and CA has never nailed the code that would allow for fluid soldiers movement and fighting in their games. Has there ever been a good survival RTS outside of warcraft custom maps? That shit would kill, but it's not being made. Good sim hybrids? Once every 10 years. I would rather hit my dick with a steel pipe over and over again than consider something as dull as Starcraft as the pinacle of RTS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom