Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

Falksi

Arcane
If they want this to be a genuine sequel, and genuinely good, they need to start by finding a way to write off DA: OB& DA:I. Be them all a dream, or time travel or whatever.
The originals lore gave the foundation for a very good work, but the sequels soon shat all over that.

Hyperion

Arcane
Doesn't matter how good your lore is if the gameplay is going to remain shitty and derivative of whatever is currently popular.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Doesn't matter how good your lore is if the gameplay is going to remain shitty and derivative of whatever is currently popular.

Thinks Persona 5 is a quality rpg yet thinks this is a valid point

Lollllllll please tell me you're just trolling

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Here's my short list of how to improve a Dragon Age game:

1. Stop making them.
Actually, new Vegas has shown that outsourcing could also be an improvement.

Counter point: Andromeda. It wasn't outsourced directly but with the amount of nobodies and pajeets that worked on it it may as well have been.
They also tried outsourcing certain texture and design work to Romania or some other non-country for TORtanic and see how that game turned out.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Good luck finding a studio whose devs have been dreaming of working on a dragon age game for years and know the lore in & out.

All the Dragon Age lore has always been stored in an internal wiki, there's no need to know anything.

Quillon

Arcane
Good luck finding a studio whose devs have been dreaming of working on a dragon age game for years and know the lore in & out.

All the Dragon Age lore has always been stored in an internal wiki, there's no need to know anything.

In other words; good luck finding a studio as passionate about dragon age as obsidian is about fallout.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

One question remains - will it be as bad as Andromeda?
It will be worse. The undead corpse of Biowhore has absolutely no idea where to take this series, as evident by DAI, and will make the most pathetic SJW shovelware imaginable.

A fitting end for this studio.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The ending if the trespasser dlc clearly points to a sequel being set in tevinter, with foiling Solas the main objective.

Will they continue the dumbfuckery set up by inquisition or will they do yet another soft reboot, or will they change genre and make a completely different spin-off?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Well, there was a "North American Console Crash"... you can understand why so many people think that means "ALL VIDEO GAMES!"

:kingcomrade:

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Gaider was the cancer of Dragon Age, poisoning promising setting with his faggotry and SJW "Agendas". Hamburgers and other subhumans were his legacy.

Rev

Arcane
Gaider was the cancer of Dragon Age, poisoning promising setting with his faggotry and SJW "Agendas". Hamburgers and other subhumans were his legacy.
Didn't Gaider had a somewhat smaller role on Inquisition?
Btw, you're fooling yourself if you think that without him the other writers/designers will make the new DA "more manly" or whatever.

PrettyDeadman

Loved Dragon Age 2 & Dragon Age 3 despite shit storytelling and characters (and lack of logic).
Super stocked for Dragon Age 4! Hope it will have even more action, like Rogue Galaxy where you could enter final dungeon dressed as your girlfriend's dad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Didn't Gaider had a somewhat smaller role on Inquisition?
Btw, you're fooling yourself if you think that without him the other writers/designers will make the new DA "more manly" or whatever.

He was the lead writer, though being a lead at Bioware means spending a lot more time wrangling other writers and being at meetings than writing.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Given than nuDA will take place in Tevinter with elven slavery and Blood Magic and frowns upon faggotry I expect new, previously unreachable levels of cringe in a video game. It doesn't matter who will lead the project BioWhores SJW inertion and subhuman fanbase will force the project on its usual path - DA2 and DA;I.

Falksi

Arcane
Given than nuDA will take place in Tevinter with elven slavery and Blood Magic and frowns upon faggotry I expect new, previously unreachable levels of cringe in a video game. It doesn't matter who will lead the project BioWhores SJW inertion and subhuman fanbase will force the project on its usual path - DA2 and DA;I.

Thing is, as annoying as all the SJW shit is, I can easily ignore it and enjoy a good game if it's a good game. But it's the making of a good game which Bioware can't seem to get right this decade.
I just hope that the game goes one way or the other. A total masterpiece to put things back on track, or a total clusterfuck to kill Bioware off for good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom