Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

More news about TW2 EE - New Trailer

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
In their quest to ultimately enhance player's experience in the best action adventure game RPG made by Pollacks, CDPRed is working on improved edition of TW2. But you all know that already. What you don't know is that they realesed a new trailer featuring additions that made their way to the XBOX360 version of the game.

Of course, any new improvements will appear on the PC as well. Now I am not sure about "MOAR CUTSCENES!!" and "New Cinematic intro" :/ However, "new character", "new locations", "new controls and interface" and "new adventures" in free content do sound very nice. I think this will call for a replay. :smug:

Black

Arcane
The music in this vid seems like it's closer to TW1 music than TW2.

Vicissitudes

Augur
Patron
New Controls and Interface?!
Maybe they will introduce some remarkable, groundbraking and never seen before technology that can make Geralt JUMP or at least automatically CLIMB and not make me rage every time you need to press A and watch same climb animation over and over..

dumuh

Educated
New Controls and Interface?!
Maybe they will introduce some remarkable, groundbraking and never seen before technology that can make Geralt JUMP or at least automatically CLIMB and not make me rage every time you need to press A and watch same climb animation over and over..
Jump? Puhlease, what do you think this is, Call of Duty?

mkultra

Augur
Jump/climbing would indeed be great.. but i doubt it. Can't even imagine how bad Gothic1-3, TES or FO3/FO:NV would be without the climbing/jumping feature. I really hate this new trend with swimming and jumping/climbing only at "hot spots", typical derp console crap that really limits the fun in these type of RPG's.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
CDPRed is basically like Bioware, that is if Bioware knew how to make games and didn't have EA's dick up it's ass.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Still playing a pre-defined character in a boring universe, still twitchy rock paper scissors combat, still a focus on cinematics, still not interested.

Mrowak

Arcane
Jump/climbing would indeed be great.. but i doubt it. Can't even imagine how bad Gothic1-3, TES or FO3/FO:NV would be without the climbing/jumping feature. I really hate this new trend with swimming and jumping/climbing only at "hot spots", typical derp console crap that really limits the fun in these type of RPG's.

Yeah, me too. I cannot fathom what those guys were thinking... Unfortunately putting jumping/climbing is low on the list of their priorities. :/ The devs genuinely believe RPGs are about stories.

We could use some bros on TW forums. Fending of Biotards has become hard of recent. It's getting increasingly annoying to explain how skillchecks and interactivity are good things, and how the word "tactics" should stay in double quotes when it comes to discussing TW2 combat. If nothing is done, I predict TW3 will share the fate of ME3.

Still playing a pre-defined character in a boring universe, still twitchy rock paper scissors combat, still a focus on cinematics, still not interested.

I just don't know what to do to make TW universe more interesting. Care to elaborate why it sucks? I agree though about combat - it is not quite stellar (to put it mildly).

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014

I just don't know what to do to make TW universe more interesting. Care to elaborate why it sucks? I agree though about combat - it is not quite stellar (to put it mildly).
Well first of all I didn't play TW1. So I have 0 connection to recurring characters. I can't really elaborate why I think the witcher world sucks, I just feel like the game assumes you know stuff about their shit when you don't.

Deleted member 7219

CDProjekt are the good guys. They deserve support.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

Console design. On-rails worlds are cheaper to design.

Ancient

Erudite

Well first of all I didn't play TW1. So I have 0 connection to recurring characters. I can't really elaborate why I think the witcher world sucks, I just feel like the game assumes you know stuff about their shit when you don't.
If you know nothing about The Wicther world , how can you say it sucks ? Because if anything it wipes floor with almost any other fantasy universe.

Mrowak

Arcane

If you know nothing about The Wicther world , how can you say it sucks ? Because if anything it wipes floor with almost any other fantasy universe.

I think that by saying "boring universe" our bro used hyperbole (happens quite often here), and he meant that the game did poor job at introducing new players to the franchise. I'm not quite inclined to agree, but then again I've been familiar with TW universe for years now.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I think that by saying "boring universe" our bro used hyperbole (happens quite often here), and he meant that the game did poor job at introducing new players to the franchise. I'm not quite inclined to agree, but then again I've been familiar with TW universe for years now.
Yeah, something like that. I mean the game kind of starts with you waking up next to some naked chick. Who the fuck is she?

It's medieval, grim and gritty, relatively low fantasy. I should like it, but I don't. I can't put my finger on it - which is why I dislike it even more.

It really doesn't.

I suppose I might actually like it if I gave it an honest shot. But I won't because the game has horrible gameplay and I'm not very much into cinematics.

mkultra

Augur
Console design. On-rails worlds are cheaper to design.

Yeah a lot cheaper probably.. i can only guess how much work there is in the typical Bethesda game to test / think of the trillion things a player can do in the world that might break quests or making him exploit too much.. but even the Gothic guys pulled it off in Gothic1-2 and i doubt those games had as high budget as Witcher 2..

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2

Seems like CDP is already ahead of Bioware. Enhanced Edition has a new outro video plus ending slides. + Transition movies between acts (Dandelion's va sounded a little iffy)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom