Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Monty Markland Kickstarting an Apocalypse Now RPG(!), Josh Sawyer onboard

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
This is the most absurd Kickstarter I've ever seen. Wha t the fuck are they thinking, 900k goal??? Who the hell is monty markland??? Apocalypse Now RPG? Christ almighty.

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
Who the hell is monty markland

He is a cute Bernie Bro :shittydog:
MV5BNzA4OTIxNDUxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTQzNDA1OQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Unwanted

Charles Eli Cheese

Neckbeard Shitlord
Edgy Shitposter
This is the most absurd Kickstarter I've ever seen. Wha t the fuck are they thinking, 900k goal??? Who the hell is monty markland??? Apocalypse Now RPG? Christ almighty.

He was the guy who worked at obshitian and made that weird, edgy movie.

As for being absurd I don't think it's any more so than any other kickstarter that comes from someone who has a game dev resume. It probably takes at least a million to make anything halfway decent, probably more in reality but hopefully it's enough to get it out the door and recoup all the extra time and money poured in later.

As for the idea, I don't even know man. I might be down for it if it won't be some SJW bullshit though.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The idea is interesting. But they are not going to hit $900,000 mark. What was Josh thinking? It says he is advising them on gameplay and crowdfunding. Does he seriously thinks this will get as much money as PoE? Not gonna happen.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
I must have been in a coma. Can someone reintroduce me to the world plz. How exactly did JS became a brand?

Last edited:

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
How exactly did JS became a brand?
M¢A must have turned them down.

Seriously, JE$ is the only known dev at Obsidian nowadays, and the Apocalypse Now dudes thought hey, Pillars backers gave much monies, maybe if we show off JE$ and his tats in a video they'll back us.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
How exactly did JS became a brand?
M¢A must have turned them down.

Seriously, JE$ is the only known dev at Obsidian nowadays, and the Apocalypse Now dudes thought hey, Pillars backers gave much monies, maybe if we show off JE$ and his tats in a video they'll back us.

But he doen't have street cred or cult following. I could think of few peeps whom players actually like right of the bat: Tim Cain, Leonard Boyarsky and etc.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Sounds really cool, but I wish they gave us a bit more info... for all we know this could be anything from a F:NV-like to a 2D visual novel with choices. :?

I have a feeling it's going to turn out like The Walking Dead...

No one ever takes risks with TV/movie-licensed games.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I knew who Larry Liberty was before this Kickstarter because of this photo from FO:NV's development:

IMG_5320.JPG

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Let me dig myself in deeper. JE$ is the only know dev at Obsidian that released something recently, fresh in memory with fans (not from here) having money at the ready (or so they think).

Fans think that Bethesda made FO:NW. He would have gained more by inviting Pete or Tod.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Let me dig myself in deeper. JE$ is the only know dev at Obsidian that released something recently, fresh in memory with fans (not from here) having money at the ready (or so they think).

Fans think that Bethesda made FO:NW. He would have gained more by inviting Pete or Tod.
Nice omission of PoE. 5/5

I thought you meant released something of value (to some fans)... Then again you ommited tyrrany. So many greaaat titles that its hard to remember them all!

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Well, out of all those games, only PoE was crowdfunded with JES as its face. He wasn't involved with Tyranny.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom