Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Welp, I get the Dio meme now. Holy fuck what an obnoxious monster. I don't even know how to try and fight that. Glorious evade +5 I suppose.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
So... the other day I came back home drunk after our Ferragosto, I randomly started up Steam, saw this and thought "What the hell, I loved Dragon's Dogma, this looks like it can scratch the hitch..." and bought it. Then promptly forgot about that 'coz it needed 7+ hours for the download. Today I got my memory back and started playing.

I'm on a suboptimal configuration, since I have a 1440p Monitor and an Nvidia 1060 but strangely enough, my framerate stays smoothly in the 55+ range, once volumetric fog is disabled and Antialiasing is forced through the Nvidia control panel. Sweet.

I only had time to dick around, replicate one of my feline minion in game and try the first hunt. The game truly looks impressive, it's my first MH title ever so I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the mechanics/crafting. Tried some weapons, decided to stick with the longsword for the time being. I opted out of the lance and sword&board to avoid immediately taking up bad habits (using items without having to sheat and parries, since if I understand correctly you need to learn how to dodge and when to run). The longwsword has good damage, mobility and an emphasis on counters, I like that.

Any tips or suggested resources for total newbs? Afaik this game has no manual, or at least I couldn't find one on Steam, I'd need some help with the fundamentals: crafting, environment interactions, mounting, stunning etc... Things that veterans take for granted.

Just play the campaign quests, they are basically an extended tutorial. MHW has a lot more handholding than previous games in the series.

There is a digital manual: http://game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/en/ps4 but it's not particularly useful.

The mechanic I had the most trouble with is mounting, but you get the hang of it after awhile and there is gear that improves the probability that you'll get a successful mount. You basically just look for even a slight elevation compared to the target then run off the edge and attack as you're coming down. I assume it's a roll, if you succeed you get a mount - from that point on, just keep attacking until the screen blurs, then move to shift position on the monster or you'll get knocked off and continue mashing attack. Nevermind that each stab only does 1 damage. Mounting is very useful, especially during enrage timers, because you can take a lot of time off and at the end of the animation you get a knockdown which leads to big pain.

Another tip is to swap the healing cat gadget for the stun one as soon as you can (pretty early on), which is infinitely more useful against the vast majority of monsters.

Other than that, take your time, go on expeditions to figure out routes for the (massive) levels and just enjoy the ride. The game is really beautiful and sometimes it surprises you in ways you don't expect. For instance, today I was on a high rank expedition in one of the areas and a I watched a Rathian (one of the game's big flying drakes) swoop down on a muddy lake and... take a drink, ignoring me completely. She literally swooped down for a drink of water (there is a drinking animation, believe it or not - which I hadn't seen 40 hours into the game and the Rathian is probably the monster I've farmed the most). After she was satisfied, she nonchalantly lifted off and flew away. The mini biomes that they've created feel organic and not scripted. It's these little touches that really make the experience amazing. The way monsters interact with each other is also awesome, but I don't want to spoil it for you.

Basically, just play the game. It's not as intimidating as past MHs and they've done a good job in introducing things slowly for new players (although veterans weren't too happy with having to play through a scripted campaign to get to the meat of the game).

Last edited:

Emmanuel2

Savant
So... the other day I came back home drunk after our Ferragosto, I randomly started up Steam, saw this and thought "What the hell, I loved Dragon's Dogma, this looks like it can scratch the hitch..." and bought it. Then promptly forgot about that 'coz it needed 7+ hours for the download. Today I got my memory back and started playing.

I'm on a suboptimal configuration, since I have a 1440p Monitor and an Nvidia 1060 but strangely enough, my framerate stays smoothly in the 55+ range, once volumetric fog is disabled and Antialiasing is forced through the Nvidia control panel. Sweet.

I only had time to dick around, replicate one of my feline minion in game and try the first hunt. The game truly looks impressive, it's my first MH title ever so I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the mechanics/crafting. Tried some weapons, decided to stick with the longsword for the time being. I opted out of the lance and sword&board to avoid immediately taking up bad habits (using items without having to sheat and parries, since if I understand correctly you need to learn how to dodge and when to run). The longwsword has good damage, mobility and an emphasis on counters, I like that.

Any tips or suggested resources for total newbs? Afaik this game has no manual, or at least I couldn't find one on Steam, I'd need some help with the fundamentals: crafting, environment interactions, mounting, stunning etc... Things that veterans take for granted.

Most of the basic mechanics would be explained to you ingame no sweat except maybe for mounting and stunning.

For a general resource thread.

Crafting in this entry is much more streamlined as you won't need 100s of weapons with different trees. The weapon tree in the upgrade screen here lists everything including the bases so you can tunnel vision a weapon you want without having to pause and scour through the armory database/wiki. As for the armors in skills, you can just inspect the armor pieces before crafting then just pick based on your playstyle.

Environment interactions is new to MHW, and despite me reaching endgame I dont use much of it embarrassingly and just tend to stick to the old habits so I can't give alot of advice here.

Mounting:

In short, Mounting needs you to be airborne then input an attack command, you will know when you successfully mount a monster as it'll take you into a QTE of some sort after successfully hitting it with the airborne attack. Arguably this was best represented and guided in MH4 and Gen. It is a very good mechanic that helps newer players catch their breath or even a party of experienced ones as it incapacitates a monster for a good period of time with a relatively safe minigame. As you get better at the game however, you'll be forgetting that it exists.

Stunning monsters needs a weapon to have a stun "element" then hit the enemy on the head. Blunt weapons or weapons with blunt movesets inflict this, examples are the Bow's Arc Shot, All shield bashes from various weapons, hammer, hunting horn, etc..

As for general tips :

1. If you see a honey hive while travelling towards an objective, interact with it. Honey is valuable as it lets you make mega potions plus the gathering animation is non-intrusive unlike the previous entries.
2. Don't dodge into attacks like you would in other games like Dark Souls without any Evasion Window skill on your armor. Instead use it for a quick burst of movement when you see an attack heading towards you. The i-frame window is VERY small for the default rolls.
3. Pick a weapon you have fun with not just because it has more stuff than the others. This is very important as this will help you stick to the weapon long enough to be experienced with it. Weapon and Armor Skills are useless without a pilot that knows how to utilize them. As for what you said, only the SnS can use items while the weapon is drawn. Getting used to it is perfectly fine as you'll still learn monster timings and openings.
4. Sleeping targets take double damage from the first instance of damage they get. Large Barrel bombs are very helpful here.
5. Run if you feel that you can't catch up to what's happening.
6. The superman dive is a very powerful evasion option as you are invulnerable for the entire duration that you are in the air. To execute, just run opposite the direction of the monster while your weapon is sheathed and your character will have a more cartoonish "panicked" running animation then just roll. It will execute a diving animation, be very careful with it since the recovery (getting up from it) is very long and will leave you open but this is a safe option when you know you are going to get hit but are out of position.

Damned Registrations

If the monster is enraged (generally very obvious) it really is a good idea to back off or at least play defensively and let it wear itself out. It'll become exhausted afterwards and a total pushover until it recovers it's stamina. Their special attacks do use their stamina, so it can be worthwhile to let them use those.

When you're mounting a monster, watch the minimap- when the fog around it disappears, it's close to triggering the finisher, so shift position to the head or tail if you want to do the damage there. It'll also pulse red a bit before the monster tries to dislodge you. If it knocks you off by slamming you into a wall or something, hitting your dodge button will reattach yourself.

Capturing monsters is easier than it looks and provides the same rewards as carving. I highly recommend trying to do it, especially on harder monsters, as it'll save you from having to fight the last ~20% of their health. The two big tips here are that monsters can be captured after they drop a red pod on the ground the second time or start limping away (and their icon will show a skull on the minimap), and you can tranq them before putting them in a trap and then if they don't instantly fall asleep in the trap, you can hit them a bit more to put them under the threshold if they were close enough.

The various pods are more useful than they look. Water pods can wash off mud and douse flames, flame pods can attract insects and scare away smaller monsters and disperse gases, scatternuts cause guaranteed flinching (and dish out damage while mounted... you can fire pods while mounted) and you can use them while stealthed to draw attention to places. And flash pods are amazing for getting a breather to heal/sharpen/etc. Oh, and they knock shit out of the air.

If you can't reach a part you want to hit, focus on a hind leg, that'll make the monster fall over for a while.

Not all the attacks in the game get covered in game, so check a guide online on your favourite weapon to make sure you're not missing out on a cool attack.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The various pods are more useful than they look. Water pods can wash off mud and douse flames, flame pods can attract insects and scare away smaller monsters and disperse gases, scatternuts cause guaranteed flinching (and dish out damage while mounted... you can fire pods while mounted) and you can use them while stealthed to draw attention to places. And flash pods are amazing for getting a breather to heal/sharpen/etc. Oh, and they knock shit out of the air.

Those pods are also able to easily break parts if they are of an element the monster is weak to - hitting a Barroth to remove his mud armor breaks often body parts. Likewise a single hit with a scatternut makes the Kulu drop his stone (at least in my lower levels).

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
If the monster is enraged (generally very obvious) it really is a good idea to back off or at least play defensively and let it wear itself out. It'll become exhausted afterwards and a total pushover until it recovers it's stamina. Their special attacks do use their stamina, so it can be worthwhile to let them use those.

I still have to re-learn this after several years of playing MH. I tend to play very aggressively to knock down time in order to farm mats quickly. This is great advice when enountering a new dinosaur, however, I would concentrate on positioning when dinosaurs are enraged so you can safely plan where to attack in order for your DPS to not suffer too much. I find that learning to play aggressively has better outcomes, especially when you upgrade your weapons and armour as you will not get punished as hard, but you will be able to down dinosaurs exponentially quicker to farm those mats.

Summary: Defensive when learning, always aggressive after getting comfortable with a dinosaur.

Getting comfortable:
Do not eat, do not use items, and then just dance around the dinosaur you first encounter in order to get comfortable. Point out (say it out loud in real life) positions you could use to attack, but do not attack. Make calls and get comfortable observing the dinosaur. You will notice certain patterns very quickly and will be able to take advantage of them.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Finally got around to High Rank this weekend for the PC. It's been pretty great so far. Fuck plates though, needing them to craft low rank armor sucks ass.

Should have enough mats to create full zora when I play again.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I tried this for about 12 hours a few months back, and I didn't like the combat. It just isn't very fluid. It isn't the lack of lack on (although when you are close to an enemy it can cause the camera to be less than useful and some kind of lock on would help ease that frustration). I understand why they wouldn't want to use that due to the fact that you need to be able to target specific parts of the monsters and locking on would hinder that (in general lock on when fighting large monsters is problematic in other games as well and they usually have to have janky systems where you lock onto certain parts of the monster).

The thing that really kills me is that you can't change the direction of your attacks once you are in a combo to redirect back onto the target in case you were a little off after the first swing, or if the monster moves. And unlike the lack of lock on, I can't find a valid reason mechanic wise why they force all attacks in a combo to be in the same direction without letting you redirect. I was interested in this game due to people comparing dragons dogma to the monster hunter series (and I loved the combat in dragon's dogma) but the combat in dragons dogma is very fluid and satisfying and the combat in this game is just clunky and frustrating.

I also am not a huge fan of how much big a HP sponge all the big monsters are. Hacking at the same monster for 10 minutes in the same way is not really that fun for me tbh.

Maybe I will pick it up and try again in the future if I find myself craving some 3rd person action combat.
What weapon were you using? Like for instance, SNS you can redirect yourself like during the attacks and chain up infinite combos that way. But in other words, each of the weapons has their own characteristics, boons, and drawbacks that you have to learn and know how to exploit. I just prefer the SNS because it's basically the most fluid of all of the weapons and aside from lack of reach, is one of the most versatile ones that includes a block, allows you to use items without sheathing, makes it easy to dodge out of attacks, etc. Maybe if you come back you should consider that weapon.

Damned Registrations

You don't need to break all that much with the lance to redirect, just a sidehop and your next attack you can pivot. If you're waiting to return to neutral in between combos you're doing it wrong. Likewise, you don't need to just hack away at a monster. Drop rocks on it's head, put it to sleep and wake it up with bombs, lure it over to some frogs to paralyze it, or another big monster to let them fuck eachother up. Plenty of environmental stuff to use in this game.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
If the monster is enraged (generally very obvious) it really is a good idea to back off or at least play defensively and let it wear itself out.

Fuck that. I call this "wasting my time." It'd be one thing if enrage lasted for about a minute (I furthermore believe that's about how long enrages SHOULD last), but instead they can go on for several and I'm not going to sit around pulling my pud in the meantime.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying it's gay and annoying and I'll risk carting rather than sit out the 'tard rage.

You don't need to break all that much with the lance to redirect, just a sidehop and your next attack you can pivot. If you're waiting to return to neutral in between combos you're doing it wrong. Likewise, you don't need to just hack away at a monster. Drop rocks on it's head, put it to sleep and wake it up with bombs, lure it over to some frogs to paralyze it, or another big monster to let them fuck eachother up. Plenty of environmental stuff to use in this game.

The sidehop is about half an inch's worth of distance, though. The inability to roll is probably the nail in the coffin for me when it comes to the lance. Furthermore, a lot of monsters happen to be flying dragons that can smugly stomp the shit out of your face while your shield sits there like a useless turd.

The charge is garbage. You have to be practically out of sight of the monster to get the additional level of momentum, and then the charge deals tiny amounts of gray damage to some armored part because the monster spun around in place on a dime. Out of all the game's specials I'm familiar with―hammer's Big Bang final hit, greatsword's final combo hits, switch axe's combo discharge, longsword's omaewa mou shindeiru final edgelord guillotine, bow's Wyvernpiercer, etc., the lance's charge is by far the most infuriating to set up and land, let alone deal any damage with.

I fully admit I'll need a lot more practice with the lance to truly form an objective opinion of it, but I keep trying it from time to time and it makes me wish additional nukes had been dropped on Japan.

Last edited:

Hyperion

Arcane
You don't sidehop with the Lance, you Counter Thrust. It's faster, and thus results in more damage. If you need to adjust your aim, you Counter Thrust into Power Guard, when you release you can aim the Thrust 360 degrees any way you like. It also hits harder than any thrust attack.

If you absolutely need to adjust your positioning, hold L2 and R2 (or key oard equivalent) at the same time and do a Guard Dash - if you have time hit Circle for a 3-hit jumping thrust that does more than a basic poke if you land all 3, or Shield Bash with Triangle for small KO damage on their noggin, and to have a shorter refractory period to get your shield back up for a block. Holding L2 is not necessary but allows you to jump left or right while facing that direction with your shield. Prevents a monster to your side from wrapping around your shield.

Charging is also excellent when you can either slide, as it instantly charges your double thrust, or if you're at a downed monster's face and wanna hit its tail, or vice versa. Charge through their body while dealing damage the whole time, and attack for pretty good damage on a weak spot. Or charge, jump, and land a quick mount for some free damage / recovery time for your bros.

Edit: Forgot to mention charge is excellent for chasing down a fleeing monster, it hits frequently enough that you can generally catch their attention and make them start fighting again. Can easily shave a minute or two off a hunt like Nergigante, or Teostra in Elder's Recess if you can stop them from sleeping in their lair. Just make sure you have at least Green sharpness because it'll bounce off otherwise.

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Good lord those potato farmers know how to get their games cheap. I just bought MHW on PC for wait for it.... 2$.

Where did you bought it?

serveimage

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
You don't sidehop with the Lance, you Counter Thrust. It's faster, and thus results in more damage. If you need to adjust your aim, you Counter Thrust into Power Guard, when you release you can aim the Thrust 360 degrees any way you like. It also hits harder than any thrust attack.

If you absolutely need to adjust your positioning, hold L2 and R2 (or key oard equivalent) at the same time and do a Guard Dash - if you have time hit Circle for a 3-hit jumping thrust that does more than a basic poke if you land all 3, or Shield Bash with Triangle for small KO damage on their noggin, and to have a shorter refractory period to get your shield back up for a block. Holding L2 is not necessary but allows you to jump left or right while facing that direction with your shield. Prevents a monster to your side from wrapping around your shield.

Charging is also excellent when you can either slide, as it instantly charges your double thrust, or if you're at a downed monster's face and wanna hit its tail, or vice versa. Charge through their body while dealing damage the whole time, and attack for pretty good damage on a weak spot. Or charge, jump, and land a quick mount for some free damage / recovery time for your bros.

Edit: Forgot to mention charge is excellent for chasing down a fleeing monster, it hits frequently enough that you can generally catch their attention and make them start fighting again. Can easily shave a minute or two off a hunt like Nergigante, or Teostra in Elder's Recess if you can stop them from sleeping in their lair. Just make sure you have at least Green sharpness because it'll bounce off otherwise.

I'll try to keep all that in mind. Unlike almost every other weapon, it seems as though there's no good, basic starting point for using the things. Sounds like if you don't already know how to use the lance very well, you'll have next to zero mobility, mediocre damage, and fairly shoddy defense.

It seems my most-used weapon is the longsword. It's simple and effective enough to start with; mastery comes from learning when to add mid-combo effects like thrusts and foresight slash, working in fade slash, pressing the attack hard to build up the meter, and timing and positioning for omaewa mou shindeiru. It's still quite effective before you git gud with it, though. The bow is my second most-used weapon and is pretty similar: Point and shoot, switch coatings, then learn the rest in practice and as you go along.

Guess you need to already be Sir Lancelot du Lac to take the lance into a serious fight.

mogwaimon

Magister

I'll try to keep all that in mind. Unlike almost every other weapon, it seems as though there's no good, basic starting point for using the things. Sounds like if you don't already know how to use the lance very well, you'll have next to zero mobility, mediocre damage, and fairly shoddy defense.

It seems my most-used weapon is the longsword. It's simple and effective enough to start with; mastery comes from learning when to add mid-combo effects like thrusts and foresight slash, working in fade slash, pressing the attack hard to build up the meter, and timing and positioning for omaewa mou shindeiru. It's still quite effective before you git gud with it, though. The bow is my second most-used weapon and is pretty similar: Point and shoot, switch coatings, then learn the rest in practice and as you go along.

Guess you need to already be Sir Lancelot du Lac to take the lance into a serious fight.

Lance is a weapon that requires a certain level of familiarity to be good with it. Yes, you can play defensively and counter all day and that works, but you can also slap Evade+ on your armor and play much more aggressively. Look up some videos on YT of evade lance from MH3U or something and you'll see what I mean, it's a fine weapon. But, yes, even with an aggressive build you want to be more aware of element weaknesses and keep multiple lances around since, unlike LS, you can't just run around maiming everything with Deviljho LS or Divine Slasher and it's not as easy to pick up and play as LS or Charge Blade.

t. someone who mained lance in MH3U before switching to LS because weeb.

Ninefingers

Educated
Patron
Never played a MH game prior to this and just done the first few hours. Insect Glaive seems fun so far - not 100% sure what I’m doing with the kinsect though - red is an attack buff? Am I trying to stack all 3(?) buffs at all times?

Hyperion

Arcane
Never played a MH game prior to this and just done the first few hours. Insect Glaive seems fun so far - not 100% sure what I’m doing with the kinsect though - red is an attack buff? Am I trying to stack all 3(?) buffs at all times?
Red is an attack buff gotten from hitting a monster on its melon.
White is a speed buff gotten from hitting (usually) the wings / legs.
Yellow / Orange is defense and gotten from hitting the body.
Green is only if the enemy has a tail that can be severed, but is a small heal.

Red alters your attack animations, and gives more hits per combo basically. Keep it up at all times.
Red + White gives a pretty big attack and speed boost.
White + Orange gives defense
Red + White + Orange gives big attack, speed, defense, knockback resist, earplugs

Keeping Red + White up is very useful, and they last for 90s. It's a good idea to keep Orange dormant on your insect, and activating it shortly before the Red + White wear off because getting all 3 will refresh the entire duration. Holding the key (L2 on ps4) that typically brings up your Slinger targeting reticle while the weapon is drawn will allow you to aim, while pressing the guard button for weapons with shields (R2 for ps4) will fire a 'marker' that will cause your Kisnect to attack the spot it hits over and over until its stamina bar is depleted. Kinsects with high amounts of Speed are very good for this reason, as it gets more hits per bar of stamina. Returning it to you will restore a portion / all of its stamina.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I have to say, the Nergigante armor looks pretty damn nice, too bad I have to kill him 40 more times to get the set and the weapons. The fight itself was pretty good, motherfucker hits like a truck but I can't say any of his moves are bullshit and he was easier than the damned black Diablos with her constant twitching and flailing about.

Try Nergigante in multiplayer with only two people. The monster HP and damage scaling is pretty much the same in multiplayer whether you're co-oping with 1, 2, or 3 other players. The AI changes as well, and in multiplayer Nergigante most assuredly constantly twitches and flails. Lazing Dirk and I had him down to sleeping in his nest during both of our attempts, but the endless spam of one-hit kill combos in a tiny space that he refuses to be coaxed away from carted us out each time. We may resort to soloing him, since he's clearly far easier to kill that way.

I agree that none of his moves are outright bullshit, but there are two things that ARE bullshit: 1.) He's enraged more often than he isn't, and for long periods of time. This is very common with higher-tier and HR+ monsters, and as far as I'm concerned, it's garbage game design unworthy of the franchise. I'm 100% sure monsters didn't enrage constantly in Tri and FU. 2.) After blasting the black fuck with SA exhaust combos several times and suffering through a couple of enrage cycles, he finally became exhausted... for such a short length of time that I couldn't even pull off one combo before he was rocketing around smashing into everything again.

In general I feel that most monsters should be more difficult than they are, while some of them need to be toned down. Actually, cutting down on the endless enrage spam and not making stamina depletion into a near-useless mechanic would go a long way toward the latter.

Damned Registrations

Failed my first quest today, trying to hunt Baezelgeuse. I don't get how I'm supposed to fight this fucker. Even after cutting his tail and breaking his face, he still shits bombs everywhere, which I can't block ebcause they surround me, and they're too spread out to avoid. It's especially cheap when I get knocked down and by the time I get up I'm basically being sleep bombed by the monster. Is there some element that disables the cluster bombing or something?

Declinator

Arbiter
Failed my first quest today, trying to hunt Baezelgeuse. I don't get how I'm supposed to fight this fucker. Even after cutting his tail and breaking his face, he still shits bombs everywhere, which I can't block ebcause they surround me, and they're too spread out to avoid. It's especially cheap when I get knocked down and by the time I get up I'm basically being sleep bombed by the monster. Is there some element that disables the cluster bombing or something?

The move it spams the most is the faceplant + slide forward and it seems easiest to exploit also. Either you stay ahead of its slide, wait for the bombs to explode and then hit its face or sidestep the attack, wait for the bombs to explode and hit its backend.
The bombing runs are easy to avoid as long as you haven't gotten into a tight space. Always do the superman leap to avoid his landing just in case. Flash bombs can be used to get some free hits but remember to throw one only when it is in the air.

tiny space that he refuses to be coaxed away from carted us out each time. We may resort to soloing him, since he's clearly far easier to kill that way.
You can throw crystal pods etc. at him when he is trying to limp back to its nest to stop it and be able to fight it in a more open space. Don't know what the logic is that sword slashes don't stop it but that does.

Vorark

Erudite
Decided to try my luck with the PC port now that my VGA is back from the RMA, Denuvo be damned.

In case anyone is on the fence due to system requirements, I'm running it at 1080p and getting around 45~60fps on a i5 4440, 8gb and 1050 Ti -- very modest specs. Used a mix of low and medium settings but I'm sure there's room for fine tuning. For the hell of it I also tried the 750 Ti and to my surprise it was able to run the game at 30fps, low settings.

Still getting used to the controls but I'm getting back into the groove with Hammer. Overall feels better than the PS4 version since I can properly see what I'm hitting and read all the flavor text.

I'm so goddamn happy, the internet almost made me believe it wouldn't run. Awww yeah!:dance:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

Wait to fight 2 of them, tempered <3

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom