Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline MobyGames - Bought out and turned back to normal

Severian Silk

Here's another design I came up with (based on stuff at http://www.oswd.org/):

mobygames_sitedesign_mockup_g.png

It's not that great but better than what they ended up choosing IMO.

Severian Silk

One site that is really pissing me off is thesaurus.com. Try scrolling up and down the page using your mouse wheel. It's awful!

Micmu

Magister
I just added mobyshitgames to my proxy's shitlist so I don't accidentaly get redirected there.

:Flash:

Arcane
Mobygames is back to normal.

Has been bought by another company (yesterday, according to their website) and the first thing they did was hit the undo button.

This is quite a pleasant surprise.

Hello MobyGames!

Long story short: my name is Reed, and my company Blue Flame Labs has acquired MobyGames from GameFly.

First things first - I'm happy to announce that the MobyGames you knew and loved is coming back in the VERY near future - hopefully as soon as later today! Yep, the site design is being rolled back. Poof. Adios to the redesign. Then we'll be working on fixing any bugs and various improvements, depending on what the community is looking for. I'll make a new thread for that, but feel free to start making suggestions. We'll also be working with Corn Popper and all contributors. This will be a community effort.

Also coming aboard is Simon Carless (investor) who helped me acquire MobyGames. He helps to run the Game Developers Conference and Gamasutra.com and is a former game developer himself. He's taken a long-term interest in the site's wellbeing, and is also going to be helping out in his spare time to make MobyGames even more definitive and recruiting other folks to fill out some of the missing areas.

Who am I? I'm a game designer and web developer. I've been working in the games industry since 1998, starting off at Impressions Software (where I created the official web sites for Pharaoh, Caesar III, Zeus, etc). My MobyGames profile is here. Although the bio is pretty outdated. :)

Over the years I've built dozens of game related web sites, including Drawception, VGBoxArt and GameTab (back in the day). I'm a life long gamer and have been visiting MobyGames since… well, forever it seems like.

The goal is to give the site some much-needed love and attention. MobyGames has long been an authoritative source for the games industry and we want to make sure it continues to be exactly that. The redesign a few months ago did not go well, as you know, so the very first course of action is to reverse that. Going forward we'll continue to improve things along with your input. I sincerely hope that those of who you have left recently will come back. We need you.

Let's bring back MobyGames!

-Reed

Edit: And now the rollback has completed. Please post if you find any bugs.

http://www.mobygames.com/forums/dga,2/dgb,4/dgm,182637/

Here's hoping this is a permanent solution.

I wonder what happened. I like to think that the redesign was bad enough that the audience crumbled.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
About time. Wonder what they do next. 99% of new designs were revealed as some cumbersome overweighted javavomits for mobiles...

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Finally, that's some heavy incline, the redesign was an absolute abomination

Kahlis

Cipher
:what:

Wow, I'm impressed. Is...is that it? The horrible redesign feels as though it could've never been, but I think it was for a while. Nothing but a nightmare. I never even got the chance to take a screenshot of it for the record.

Last edited:

Alchemist

Arcane
This news just made my day! It sounds like it's in much better hands now. I feel like an old friend has been brought back from the dead.

A toast - to Reed and Blue Flame Labs!
:excellent:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom