Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Mighty No. 9 - It's better than nothing.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
So, 3+ years of production, total creative control and more than 4 millions of $, we got this lameass thing as a final boss... It's quite sad how the mighty have fallen (heh).

Who, Inafune? He was never mighty. He doesn't know jack or shit about making a video game. He's a glorified concept art guy. Look at his credentials:

idWGuyh.png

The only people who opened up their wallets to him were the idiots. Anyone who knew who he was or bothered to fact check before backing his game knew that this game was a con. Yes, Inafune made the designs for Megaman, but he never had any real role in the actual making of the games. He doesn't know or understand what makes a good Megaman game tick.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Who, Inafune? He was never mighty. He doesn't know jack or shit about making a video game. He's a glorified concept art guy. Look at his credentials:

http://i.imgur.com/idWGuyh.png

The only people who opened up their wallets to him were the idiots. Anyone who knew who he was or bothered to fact check before backing his game knew that this game was a con. Yes, Inafune made the designs for Megaman, but he never had any real role in the actual making of the games. He doesn't know or understand what makes a good Megaman game tick.
How?

Also, your should have at least posted his complete credentials list.

I'm noticing an excessive amount towards Inafune recently, despite him being a producer with a pretty good curriculum.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

How?

I'm noticing an excessive amount towards Inafune recently, despite him being a producer with a pretty good curriculum.

I only posted the relevant ones, but go ahead and look at the rest of the list yourself. It's just producer, concept art or special thanks. Having a good curriculum is worth nothing if your contributions are being credited as "Special Thanks".

pippin

How?

I only posted the relevant ones, but go ahead and look at the rest of the list yourself. It's just producer, concept art or special thanks. Having a good curriculum is worth nothing if your contributions are being credited as "Special Thanks".

This - I played Megaman in the past but didn't knew who Inafune was,and from the start you could see he was just a shady person.

lightbane

Arcane
Not sure, the IGN review is only about the campaign being played on normal mode, despite the game having 3 harder difficulties. They also ignore the rest of the game (challenge rooms, battle race, etc). Go figure.

I know about IGNorance, but I was referring to how they mention that the weapons are unbalanced, which turns out to be true after watching that video.

Perkel

Arcane
That sold me on no.9 rather than Dust.
There is nothing worse and more cringe worthy than narrator talking about legendary sword.

pippin

Dust is a legit nice game. The characters are furry OC levels of cringe, though. But original furry characters have more dignity than Megaman OC donut steel.

tormund

Arcane
Dust is alright, aside from its "western-made anime" visuals and cringy dialogues. P polished metroidvania with a focus on flashy DMC-like combat rather than on platforming.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-21-mighty-no-9-gets-off-to-a-rocky-start

Mighty No. 9 gets off to a rocky start
Game codes go missing, Xbox 360 version delayed...

Mighty No. 9, the Mega Man spiritual successor that comes out today, has got off to a rocky start.

Kickstarter backers report problems with game codes. In some cases, backers have been sent codes for the wrong version of the game.

Meanwhile, the Xbox 360 version has been delayed at the last moment.

It all amounts to a troubled beginning for Mighty No. 9, which has failed to excite critics and upset some Kickstarter backers who had hoped for more from the final product after sinking millions into its crowdfunding campaign.

In a post on Kickstarter, developer Comcept said backers should be receiving emails from Humble Bundle, but there may be a delay on console, particular PlayStation platforms.

The delay of the Xbox 360 version is the result of a certification bug discovered in the final round of testing, Comcept said.

"Our team has already re-submitted the build to Deep Silver (and to Microsoft), and we expect it to go gold within a few days if all goes according to plan," Comcept said.

"For the backers who chose that platform we are supplying Steam keys so that those users are not left behind on release day. Once the Xbox 360 version is ready for release we will send out those codes to the relevant backers ASAP."

Meanwhile, the Mac and Linux Steam builds are in final testing and should be ready "within a few days".

The comments are packed with complaints about unsent codes. There are quite a few reports from people who have received codes for DLC but not the game itself.

jpg

People are also complaining that they have yet to receive codes for the PlayStation versions (Mighty No. 9 is expected to pop up on the PlayStation Store in Europe as part of the usual Wednesday update).

There are also complaints about physical rewards not being sent out.

jpg

When you couple these launch issues with the negative reception Mighty No. 9 has received from most critics, it looks like developer Keiji Inafune already faces an uphill task getting his Kickstarter backers onside.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Even if you think Dust sucks, (I don't care for it much myself) it's pretty damning that a one man indie developer can make a better game than a supposed industry legend with x100 the budget.

lightbane

Arcane

5.6 is still too much. I say a 5 is enough, or even 4.8, considering all of the unbalanced weapons, bad writing, shitty art, day-1 DLC with Minecraft skins, non-ending, shitty final boss, these recent faulty keys...

tormund

Arcane
He got his money, and he delivered a playable game. That is an alright result for someone like him. As it was already said, guy is a (shady) businessman, not a game designer. From a business angle, he probably did well for himself.

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
This has got to be biggest disappointment for Mega Man fans, I pledged the minimum just because the concept seem cool but to all views it is simply mediocre; not good enough to be a poor sequel and not bad enough to be very relevant... Except to the suckers who backed this

Ivan

Arcane
I tried it out for half an hour, beat two of the bosses. Movement feels great but the game is aesthetically and sonically shit. Most deaths come from instadeath floors, bottomless pits, or, I shit you not, instakill boss moves.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom