Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Mighty No. 9 - It's better than nothing.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Yeah at this point its lost all the value it had when it was announced. A shame no one could get their heads on straight over there. On a side note I can't edit the thread's title anymore so now unless a mod comes in and change it to a funnier, more up-to-date thread title, we are stuck at the time capsule of old drama when Dina was blocking people on twitter for agreeing with gamergate.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah at this point its lost all the value it had when it was announced. A shame no one could get their heads on straight over there. On a side note I can't edit the thread's title anymore so now unless a mod comes in and change it to a funnier, more up-to-date thread title, we are stuck at the time capsule of old drama when Dina was blocking people on twitter for agreeing with gamergate.

Not sure why you wouldn't be able to edit it. There's no Thread Tools menu at the top?

Come up with a new name, report the OP and ask for it to be renamed to that.

Caim

Arcane
Yeah at this point its lost all the value it had when it was announced. A shame no one could get their heads on straight over there.
Just because you're good at making games doesn't meant you're good at the whole development process. Just look at Tim Schafer.

I was wondering what happened to this project. I thought it was cancelled, and now that Megaman games are available on Steam, this seems a bit pointless.
I really love the original Mega Man games, but to me they seem like two entirely different games to me. The original Mega Man is more like the modern Shovel Knight: a mix of deliberate and careful jumping combined with fast reflexes for the enemies and bosses you fight.

Mighty No. 9 looks more like Mega Man Zero or the later Mega Man X games cranked up to 11: you're fast, constantly moving, there's all sorts of stuff on the screen at the same time and things are focussed on speed and destroying enemies the moment they pop up rather than studying them as they appear.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Not sure why you wouldn't be able to edit it. There's no Thread Tools menu at the top?

Come up with a new name, report the OP and ask for it to be renamed to that.

Oh cool that works. I thought it was still under the edit button for the post like it used to be. I already have an idea for the new title then.

I've been having some fun with 20XX. Seems like a decent enough MMX fix, despite being EA and all that entails.

Riskbreaker

Every single trailer that showcases some of their writing is fucking cringe central.

"You're dashing around like a frigging Moon Man"
"Make the bad guys cry like an anime fan on prom night"

:hmmm:

lightbane

Arcane
It's incredible how every new trailer makes it look worse and worse. Hell, even the Pre-order DLC (of course it has one) which is supposedly the "classic hero" skin pack... Has nothing to do with actual Megaman, instead shoving an horrible Minecraft figure here.

And that line was totally intentional. Doubly so considering the "quality" of the voice-acting.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Mighty No. 9 looks more like Mega Man Zero or the later Mega Man X games cranked up to 11: you're fast, constantly moving, there's all sorts of stuff on the screen at the same time and things are focussed on speed and destroying enemies the moment they pop up rather than studying them as they appear.
You act as if it's a bad thing.

Caim

Arcane
It is when you try to be a homage to Mega Man Classic.

Tehdagah

Arcane
It is when you try to be a homage to Mega Man Classic.
Megaman X is better :dance:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This looks nothing like X or Zero. The spastic dash through enemies system, the haphazard level design, bleh. It looks more like a sequel to that Gunvolt game than anything else.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Yeah that seriously has like nothing in common with any megaman games. It may as well be trying to cash in on literally any other platformer with guns.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Hey, so long as the fans like it it's all good, right?
ZTRdKQk.jpg

Oh dear...

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Hey, so long as the fans like it it's all good, right?
ZTRdKQk.jpg

Oh dear...
Yeah there aren't really that many fans left. At this point, I doubt there's even enough people interested for this to make enough to pay for any future installments.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom