Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Some of the textures are noticeably prettier now, but I'm not seeing any sort of performance improvement. Oh well.

Heresiarch

Prophet
Sooooo...I expected the game would just give like an extra 2-5 of damage increase on bows or xbows post patch.

...and in game I've found bows and xbows have a fucking 80~100% increase in damage :what:

I'm not joking, my imperial crossbows dealt only 21-23 before but now it's 32-40, while my warden's bow increased from something like 21-27 to 37-55.

Her ranged attack damage shows 143-204 while my paladin with his overpowered relic sword and GM skill is 184-202. Keep in mind that my warden shoots two arrows instead of one, so in melee she's still dealing 143-204 damage (72-102 *2)

This also means that in the calculation I've posted before, Pointblank Shot damage at 3 enemies would get like 1k+ damage on the whole group, compared to the 320s of 6 dagger stabbings.

So yeah, bow and xbow skills seem finally worth to use now!

Hell yeah! I was half expecting to having to wait until the later part of the month...guess it's time to think about what my party should be...anyone want to share their thoughts?

I am pretty set on having a Crusader as my first character, and def want a 2nd melee character as well though I'm undecided at this point. What's the general consensus on 2HD merc? I know the blade dancer is supposed to be really powerful but frankly I'm really turned off at how silly they look. Also, I was going to go with 2 mages the first being fire (and maybe something else) with focus GM, and the second being my healer with Earth and whatever other supporting magic discipline.

Mercenaries w/ GM Warfare get the skill that ensures 100% crit with no blocking or miss. This lets them use a mace and stun enemies very reliably. Though Defender can also do this (1-handed) and have lots of blocks for party-wide damage reduction. Haven't played a full game with either, but most melee classes looks pretty well balanced outside of blademaster cheese.

1st mage will be Runemaster, who could GM Earth or Light. Which to take will depend on whether your crusader is GMing light or not. Can't really go wrong with whatever your 2nd mage is.

Sooooo...I expected the game would just give like an extra 2-5 of damage increase on bows or xbows post patch.

...and in game I've found bows and xbows have a fucking 80~100% increase in damage :what:

I'm not joking, my imperial crossbows dealt only 21-23 before but now it's 32-40, while my warden's bow increased from something like 21-27 to 37-55.

Her ranged attack damage shows 143-204 while my paladin with his overpowered relic sword and GM skill is 184-202. Keep in mind that my warden shoots two arrows instead of one, so in melee she's still dealing 143-204 damage (72-102 *2)

This also means that in the calculation I've posted before, Pointblank Shot damage at 3 enemies would get like 1k+ damage on the whole group, compared to the 320s of 6 dagger stabbings.

So yeah, bow and xbow skills seem finally worth to use now!

haha wat. So did they remove the -50% damage modifier or boost bow base damage?

Sounds like it would put ranged on par with melee and Ranger almost at Bladedancer-tier cheese. Damned Elves get all the cheese.

Renevent

Cipher
Hell yeah! I was half expecting to having to wait until the later part of the month...guess it's time to think about what my party should be...anyone want to share their thoughts?

I am pretty set on having a Crusader as my first character, and def want a 2nd melee character as well though I'm undecided at this point. What's the general consensus on 2HD merc? I know the blade dancer is supposed to be really powerful but frankly I'm really turned off at how silly they look. Also, I was going to go with 2 mages the first being fire (and maybe something else) with focus GM, and the second being my healer with Earth and whatever other supporting magic discipline.

Mercenaries w/ GM Warfare get the skill that ensures 100% crit with no blocking or miss. This lets them use a mace and stun enemies very reliably. Though Defender can also do this (1-handed) and have lots of blocks for party-wide damage reduction. Haven't played a full game with either, but most melee classes looks pretty well balanced outside of blademaster cheese.

1st mage will be Runemaster, who could GM Earth or Light. Which to take will depend on whether your crusader is GMing light or not. Can't really go wrong with whatever your 2nd mage is.

Yeah I plan on GM'ing light with the crusader so probable won't get it again on the mage. Runemaster with GM earth+fire might be cool but I was kinda hoping to do GM earth on a dedicated healer/support mage rather than mixing the damage with healing.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
There seems to be a new bug related to reloading with an active light spell and the screen suddenly going dark. It only happens rarely for me now, but pre-patch it never happened at all.

Heresiarch

Prophet
haha wat. So did they remove the -50% damage modifier or boost bow base damage?

Sounds like it would put ranged on par with melee and Ranger almost at Bladedancer-tier cheese. Damned Elves get all the cheese.

They just boosted the bow base damage. The -50% damage modifier is still there, but that means that bow damage in melee is only effectively 50% instead of something like 25% (because pre-patch bow damage is only like 50% of same-tier melee weapons), and if you have GM, since you're shooting two arrows, you'll get effectively 100% damage. This means ranger/warden finally not suck because they are the only ones who can use bows at 100% efficiency in melee.

sser

Arcane
Developer

My 2h-sword mercenary is fine at the midway point. I leveled Might (dmg) and Destiny (crit-chance, dodge). It's hard to say where he'll be late-game considering there are other classes that can GM their weapons. But, Mercenary is really the only one that can carry two-hand swords around, which means he can get double-attacks on his 2h weapon. With a Relentless attribute, it might be even more. I've already seen my Mercenary pull double-crits for big, chunky damage. Dunno if he can beat a Scout or Bladedancer on pure "DPS", but he's respectable enough.

Heresiarch

Prophet
Wow, ranged combat can FINALLY reliably kill enemies from afar. No more merely weakening them like at most to half of their health before coming into melee range.

My warden with her 7 range really shines now, as she can do two shots each at ~200 damage at range (300 if crit). Therefore those 2 extra range effectively translates into around 800 extra damage.

Aldebaran

Erudite
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So did anyone else find the book in the Tower of Enigma which seems to imply that Xeen is part of this universe? The astronomer's logbook mentions finding a flat world flying through the cosmos, and Xeen is the only thing which fits the description so far as I can recall. Then again, I am not very familiar with Ubisoft's Might and Magic universe, so this might already be an established fact or it might be a reference to something else entirely.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
The astronomer's logbook mentions finding a flat world flying through the cosmos, and Xeen is the only thing which fits the description so far as I can recall. Then again, I am not very familiar with Ubisoft's Might and Magic universe, so this might already be an established fact or it might be a reference to something else entirely.
All the worlds in MM1-5 were flat (VARN in MM1, CRON in MM2, Terra in MM3, and Xeen in MM4-5). It definitely seems to be a nod to the NWC games, especially since Jassad went to several Sorpigals (Sorpigal was the starting city in MM1 and was used later used in the Enroth/Erathia setting).
At this point, it's not clear whether Limbic included the references as Easter eggs or whether they want merge the NWC and Ubisoft (Ashan) settings.

Aldebaran

Erudite
Patron
Strange, I only recall Xeen explicitly being a flat world with two sides.

While I doubt that Ubisoft would ever be willing to reintroduce the space fantasy elements of the previous series, I can't help but hope. The things missing most from this setting are eclectic fun and bizarre tilesets. Currently almost everything falls firmly under the "its earth, but not" category.

LivingOne

Savant
The Fortress of Crows is the dungeon from the community contest right?How come it has significantly better level design than the dungeons in the vanilla game+M(well,at least the first level,I'll see the rest tomorrow...)

Last edited:

balmorar

Arcane
Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy
Is it playable now on 32 bit OS? Did they fix it?

Good news: it has always been playable on 32-bit OS, so they didn't have to change anything.
Last time i checked on 32bit there were no ambient and effect sounds, textures were blurry as fuck, it stuttered a lot. I can run crysis games with max settings without framerate issues so don't tell me i have to install 64bit windows for this unoptimized shit.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
I would have thought they'd reduce the melee ranged attack penalty at each training tier. Seems the obvious way to make the bows more useful and add some attraction to boosting your skill with them.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
All the worlds in MM1-5 were flat (VARN in MM1, CRON in MM2, Terra in MM3, and Xeen in MM4-5).
wrong. cron and its varns were flat because they were an ancient-made vehicle. terra was a whole planet not made by the ancients and the isles were just nacelles sheltem crashed into it or something like that. last but not least xeen became a round planet at the end.

Sinatar

Arbiter
The Fortress of Crows was excellent, Limbo dungeon was good for a chuckle, haven't checked out the dream shard yet.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I would have thought they'd reduce the melee ranged attack penalty at each training tier. Seems the obvious way to make the bows more useful and add some attraction to boosting your skill with them.

By far the most obvious way to make bows, among other things, make more sense is to code in row formations.

Unfortunately the absurd lack of formations seems to me like another case of a lead developer coming up with a "brilliantly" unorthodox idea and stubbornly sticking to it against the whole world.

Aldebaran

Erudite
Patron
Well, since the patch rolled out my party members occasionally decide that attacking is an overrated concept for an entire round. I am only able to defend and cast a few utility spells every so often. Which is unfortunate because I would really rather just hit things, but I can understand that player agency must be limited so that character builds can shine through in a good RPG.

Strangely, this seems to only be the case for the two party members who are furthest to the right on the screen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom