Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metal Gear Solid V coming to Steam

Hobo Elf

Arcane
:kfc:

I feel sorry for the fags who bought a PS4 just to play this game.

buzz

Arcane
:flamesaw:give us Valkyria Chronicles,Dragon's Crown and Disgaea you fukken faggots!

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I really enjoyed MGS 1 & 2, the story is fucking stupid, but it was fun to play, especially MGS 2 Substance with the VR missions, for me.

I never played 3 even though I bought that game, it was supposed to be really good.

Three was pretty sweet, especially how some bosses had multiple ways to take care of them.

Take THE END for instance:

-Shoot him when he's left on the pier near the relative beginning of the game. "End!" *Boom*

-Have the sniper duel with him. Probably get your head blown off a couple times.

-Mess with the system clock and let him die of old age.

And Naked Snake/Big Boss/Whoever gets treated as a hacky sack by half the cast. He usually has no idea why, where or for who.

Machocruz

Arcane
They're not even copying good Splinter Cell games, but Conviction hax like mark and execute.

And is it me, or is there not as much excitement surrounding this Metal Gear as past games? I feel a vicious cycle of them being worried about sales so they include (more) popamole elements for a wider audience, those same elements turning a bunch of people off of the game, which makes them worried about sales so...

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
:yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
I LOVE METAL GEAR SOLID THIS MUCH!!!!!!! You thought I'm a fanboy of Double Fine? You ain't seen nothing! KKKOOOJJJIIIMMAAAA!!!!!

WalmartJesus

Learned
Oh yeah, this

ibee0QfcebkreA.gif

:avatard:

Fuck this skank.

Sniper Wolf will always be my Waifu with her low polygon rack :love:

WalmartJesus

Learned
Wouldnt be Surpised if the BIG TWIST consists of her being Sniper Wolf's mom for "ultimate emotional engagement"

Akasen

Augur
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
You know what? I am going to come out as the flaming Metal Gear Solid fan I am.

Fuck all of you! I legitimately love every bit of this franchise with all my heart and in no way in irony. I think Hideo Kojima is a god damn genius and the all the controversy regarding what little plot we know of MGS5 is fucking stupid. Also the controversy of Ground Zeroes (aside from the price and what you are paying for) is insipid as well. I am literally riding a hype train so hard right now, my anus my as well be secreting lube right now as I cum from every inch of the train penetrating me. I can not wait for pre-orders to start, cause I am giving myself and two friends a copy of each game.

I got nothing else to say. I'm going back to the status quo of hating Oblivion. Fuck Bethesda. My anus gets so dry when I think about them.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Googled for screenies, found this. Fucking deviantart man.

metal_gear_solid_v__big_quiet_boss_xd_by_zombiesandwich-d6lio0e.jpg

Pretty sure this was made during the initial backlash against Quiet's design and Kojima's statements that she was intentionally supposed to be 'sexy'. Remember someone posting this on /v/ in a "BET YOU DON'T LIKE IT NOW THAT IT'S HAPPENING TO YOUR MASCULINE PROTAGONIST" thread.

To say it didn't work would be an understatement. Everyone on /v/ is gay for Big Boss.

buzz

Arcane
I hope you realize he's satirical, right?

I don't get why people would be happy about it though. I mean, isn't this like a story heavy type of game? Don't you need to know the story from the games NOT released on PC first? Porting this game for an audience that didn't follow it is like watching a TV show in the middle of the last season, without catching up.
Not to mention that from what I see, MGS is a gimmicky piece of shit franchise that is way too popular for our own good. Why the fuck would I want "horse stealth" on my fucking PC? I'm just fine with Gunpoint and The Dark Mod, thank you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom