Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Matt Chat Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

The latest Matt Chat has an interview with Burger Becky about the plans for the remastered trilogy.

Key take-aways:
  • Will run natively on Windows - this is a real port and not emulated
  • Apple IIgs graphics, sound, and music and some additional art from the Amiga version
  • 320 x 200 original resolution - no redrawn art
  • No major game design changes - mostly the same game aside from spelling error fixes and maybe tweaking some numbers for better balancing
  • All 3 games in the trilogy will now have the Auto-mapping feature
  • Might be available in a few months - definitely before Christmas
She also talks about how the deal came about, her impressions on the Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter and some stuff about Dragons of the Rip's conception.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Matt is just so nice. Asking my troll questions episode after episode :)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

giphy.gif

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Matt Chat #300 - unfortunately Matt lost the audio from first half of Chris Avellone review, because his MacBook ran out of storage space, so only the less interesting part is in, including MCA struggling to answer an inane 'what if you were tiny enough to ride a fox' question.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What a fuckup! That was the first Matt Chat I was interested in a long time ago.

Cadmus

Arcane
I'm watching the Fargo interview... Matt is such an antisocial idiot, he's totally unwatchable. Fucking nerd. Can't speak like a normal person, makes retarded, cringe-worthy jokes, never asks follow-up questions, laughs to himself like an imbecile, says stupid anecdotes that lead nowhere, always leaving Fargo hanging and waiting what the fuck is going to come out of that stupid story. Can't even express himself properly so that the interviewee kinda circles around what he thinks the answer should be because that retard can't ask normally and nobody knows what the fuck he just said.

Also: HAVE YOU HEARD OF THOSE GUYS LIKE BLIND GUARDIAN OR SOMETHING?

What a fucking autistic nerd asshole.

I'm watching the Fargo interview... Matt is such an antisocial idiot, he's totally unwatchable. Fucking nerd. Can't speak like a normal person, makes retarded, cringe-worthy jokes, never asks follow-up questions, laughs to himself like an imbecile, says stupid anecdotes that lead nowhere, always leaving Fargo hanging and waiting what the fuck is going to come out of that stupid story. Can't even express himself properly so that the interviewee kinda circles around what he thinks the answer should be because that retard can't ask normally and nobody knows what the fuck he just said.

It's weird with him, 'cause he has that Mitch Hedberg speech pattern and the look of a potentially cool guy or at least one of those pukes at a Phish concert ... just someone who might actually have a lot of friends. But much like you guys, bad things happened to him early on (touched inappropriately as a child or whatever) and he got stuck in this rut of playing way too many computer games and ultimately this is the way he talks to people. At least he doesn't have a speech impediment.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

I don't know what's your problem with him. He is not a professional journalists. He chills and lets the others talk, and doesn't interrupt them after every sentence. I'm sure you are just like Hitler who can give big speaches. Thing is, not everybody is like that.
nobody knows what the fuck he just said.
Never heared the interviewee's complain.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm also quite sad neither Matt not Brian knew Blind Guardian. A good band. Well, at least it was good 15 years ago.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I don't watch Matt since interviews with game devs bore me to tears - seriously how many charismatic, interesting devs are there? - and his retro reviews are not very good tbh. Boring, meandering and shallow despite being too long. Plus very, very infrequent.

I like his personality tho and I would definitely watch his beer review channel if he went with in-depth beer reviews. I always watch those. :cool:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom