Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Masters of the Broken World (Eador 2)

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Eador is 75% off on Steam. I would prefer to buy Genesis on GOG, because that's my place for buying older games, but I'm thinking about grabing MoTBW. Supposedly the discount comes with some free content update and new 1.4.0 version. Playable finally?

Full changelist for version 1.4.0:

New:

- Multiplayer shard battle (via Internet) — 2 players + AI.
- Multiplayer battle on a tactical map (via Internet).
- 17 new units.
- 2 new sites.
- 7 new spells.
- A lot of new abilities and upgrades for the new units.
- New types of province guards.
- Generation of random settings for a new shard for custom shard battle.
- Province tooltip now shows active rituals.

Fixed:

- More cases causing Invalid Pointer Operation.
- Bug that caused enemy army's freeze in a province after being captured by the player.
- Bug that caused order for province exploration to be canceled after speaking with traveling trader of rarities.
- Bug that caused difficulty change in config.exe.
- Length limitation for player's name.
- Heroes can't attack enemy castle anymore if it's already besieged by another of the player's heroes.
- Bug that caused mirroring the army upon province attack.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Just started the game. Tutorial battle. One of the enemies gets bugged. 0 Health, doesn't die. He can't move, he can't attack and ending my turn just switches back to my next turn. Awesome game.

anus_pounder

Arcane
I'm wondering the same thing as MicoSelva , are you using 1.4 pounder?

Steam version, I'm going to assume my version is up to date. In any case, I found a workaround for this bug. Just auto-resolve ololo. Thankfully you can auto-resolve at any time during the battle so clear the map of the other enemies, etc. and auto-resolve.

Misconnected

Savant
Very tempted by the $5. It really isn't playable?
It's playable, and probably the most and best game you'll get at that price. I've completed the campaign twice.

The game was released in a state comparable to a major Bethesda release, but the developer has patched the hell out of it ever since. Unfortunately the developer has also managed to introduce new bugs with just about every patch, and they've occasionally been fairly major.

I haven't played the game with the patch that just dropped, but considering Snowbird's track record and the fact that it is a pretty major content patch (16 new critters, I think, and other stuff), it seems likely it comes with a handful of new bugs, as well as fixes for old ones.

Basically: the game is buggy, but much less so than many games that virtually nobody complains about. And this isn't some mindless crap game, it's the best HoMM-like there ever was. It's the game that makes Heroes of Might & Magic 3 look like a pile of shit. If the genre is remotely appealing to you, you'd be a fucking idiot not to get it at $5.

You could get Genesis instead. Some claim it's less buggy, and while it has less content and won't get the expansion pack that MoTBW will be getting, it does have a supposedly massive and good overhaul'ish mod available. It also costs $5 though, so it's paying the same for less out of the box.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Just started the game. Tutorial battle. One of the enemies gets bugged. 0 Health, doesn't die. He can't move, he can't attack and ending my turn just switches back to my next turn. Awesome game.

Yes, it seems to be another new bug introduced with the latest patch. Sigh. Hopefully it's fixed soon. Hopefully.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Avoid like the plague.

Also did mondblut work on this piece of shit or something? Why was he shilling this Russian abandonware so hard in the beginning of this thread?

Telengard

Arcane
Very tempted by the $5. It really isn't playable?
It's playable, and probably the most and best game you'll get at that price. I've completed the campaign twice.

The game was released in a state comparable to a major Bethesda release, but the developer has patched the hell out of it ever since. Unfortunately the developer has also managed to introduce new bugs with just about every patch, and they've occasionally been fairly major.

I haven't played the game with the patch that just dropped, but considering Snowbird's track record and the fact that it is a pretty major content patch (16 new critters, I think, and other stuff), it seems likely it comes with a handful of new bugs, as well as fixes for old ones.

Basically: the game is buggy, but much less so than many games that virtually nobody complains about. And this isn't some mindless crap game, it's the best HoMM-like there ever was. It's the game that makes Heroes of Might & Magic 3 look like a pile of shit. If the genre is remotely appealing to you, you'd be a fucking idiot not to get it at $5.

You could get Genesis instead. Some claim it's less buggy, and while it has less content and won't get the expansion pack that MoTBW will be getting, it does have a supposedly massive and good overhaul'ish mod available. It also costs $5 though, so it's paying the same for less out of the box.
Genesis is actually currently $1.49 (US) on Steam.

Repressed Homosexual
It's patched this time, we swear!

Down with these clowns, this is a total embarrassment, some of the absolute worst QA I have ever seen.

Although to their credit they don't make people pay for the upgrades, unlike the Warlock "2" team.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Looking back at our experience, it's quite risky to state that the game is completely bug free. But we hope that today's Eador can be considered beatable, playable and stable.

Not sure if serious...

I mean I'm having some fun with the game but that 0-HP bug is popping up near literally every other battle now. Who knew pressing the esc button and then clicking on auto-resolve could be this tedious in the long run?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
It's patched this time, we swear!

Down with these clowns, this is a total embarrassment, some of the absolute worst QA I have ever seen.

Although to their credit they don't make people pay for the upgrades, unlike the Warlock "2" team.
That's typical Russian work. And I actually don't know why they are so bad.

i tried this today and i have to agree: the first one is vastly superior.
even if they're exactly the same game, this one has messier graphics, much worse interface and keeps on crashing every 10 or so minutes.

sher

Educated
Hi guys. I've changed my OS to Windows 7 and had those problems with compatibility of Genesis. Fortunately there are numerous solutions to this now, I'm using even "one button" solution created to minimize additional efforts by executing Genesis through tweaked wrapper program that handles wrong timers handling that causes incompatibility. Works fine with mods and tweaking. Only rare issue is sound stuttering for half second maybe but it's really rare so it's not a problem but worth mentioning. I don't know if there is an english version of this so google it or something.

Additionally there was a latest update to New Horizons (main mod for Genesis) with new content, even new music (!). I don't know where the music has come from, it was said that it's from original composer and I can confirm that it is really good and on level with original soundtrack.

And as for only one feature of subject game that was interesting for me as an idea: special worlds. There's a guy on russian official forum who wrote tools to have special worlds for Genesis. It works as program that modifies game files by tweaking them to change some global shard parameters and maintains a library of such templates. It's in stage of developing and testing such templates so maybe in time there will be an english version of it when it'll be polished. That guy did a great job on creating tools for automated generation of full html eadoropedia simply from game files so quality is a certain probability here.

One more consideration. Usually people who know how Genesis should work are horrified by bugs of its "remake" since this game is simply not working, it "runs" (more often than not). I cannot confirm that since I cannot force myself to play it due to lack of sense of such activity and occasional hysterical laughter after reading patchnotes. So it's a good thing to ask a person who likes it and recommend it as playable if such a person had a real experience with original to compare with because there is a high probability that this person simply cannot say what's wrong or right and is enjoying only a shadow of a game. If this is the case then you risk to bump into some silly stuff again and be irritated and angered.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Are people still having such problems with Eador : MotBW?
I have progressed bug-free aside from the infrequent 0hp bug (easily resolved by auto-combat).
Not sure why people are experiencing problems with this game. Works fine on an older win7x64 phenom system.
Never tried Genesis but MotBW is supposedly an enhanced, updated version of Genesis. Sucks people are dogging this game.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
When the game initially came out I had very few problems with it. It was the subsequent patches that broke it for me. After a while I just gave up. No idea what it's like now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom