Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress LP Heretic II

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
Heretic_II_Coverart.png
Heretic II, developed by Raven Software, published by Activision in 1998. It's third person action adventure in dark fantasy setting. Not really RPG, but there are threads about it here and there, and no LP so I'll throw here some screenshots.
I remember playing it in 98 or 99, but I cannot recall anything specific except some unsettling scenes. I'm playing this on easy
difficulty, because I want to finish it as quickly as possible. I suck at everything that is not isometric and turn-based, that's mean you can possibly laugh at my failures anyway. This LP is sponsored by google translator.
I do not feel like making small pictures to highlight who is talking when, so this colour is for Corvus.

pbQhRt2.jpg
Wall of text from manual:
JOURNAL OF SIERNAN​
Darkness has descended upon Parthoris again. I fear that this time there shall be no one to lift the damp veil that has blanketed my beautiful homeland. The plague struck quickly, and it was not until too many were infected that anyone took notice of the creeping death. Now, city streets are filled with the noxious green plague vapors that cause insanity and then death to any that are unfortunate enough to inhale it. Most are warped and twisted into a blood-crazed rage that drives them to assault nearly any that they encounter. My people have fared better than the Sidhe, but even those noble beings have regressed into mindless barbarism. Perhaps I will be able to find some means to cure this terrible nemesis that has befallen my homeland.
If not, I fear all will be lost.​
EXCERPTS FROM THE CHRONICLES OF PARTHORIS, COMPILED BY THOLIA, SSITHRA HISTORIAN THE COMING OF D’SPARIL.
Ages ago, when Parthoris existed in relative peace, five races walked the land. The Seraphs had withdrawn beyond the Worlds End Mountains. Each race built great cities, temples, and centers of wisdom from the knowledge that the great Seraphs left in the wake of their passing. But the Seraphs left behind more than their wisdom when they removed themselves from the affairs of Parthoris. Their passing left the young races vulnerable to the powers of the Outer Worlds. It is said that the Seraphs foresaw the coming of D’sparil, but if this is true they did nothing to intervene. As the five races settled into their destined roles, three majestic demon brothers began to formulate a plan of conquest of three different inner worlds. D’sparil, having watched the passing of the great Seraphs, prepared his armies to sweep across Parthoris. On the Day of Darkness, D’sparil opened World Ripples in each of the great cities of Parthoris. Andoria, K’chekrik, S’chekrik, Vendra, Savria, Thurge, Biskol, and Silverspring. He marched his armies into these cities, and by nightfall each was under his iron rule. Only Silverspring managed to resist his conquest for a short time. The Celestial Watcher had the night before seen a change in the star patterns which allowed Silverspring to prepare for the coming doom. Most fled the city and hid in the Darkmire swamps and the Kell Mountains.
As D’sparil began the second phase of his conquest, the four races that had fallen to his might on the Day of Darkness were subjected to the powerful charisma of D’sparil’s presence. Over time, they succumbed to his willand freely chose D’sparil as the rightful ruler of Parthoris.
D’sparil reigned supreme, until a hero arose to combat his evil.

THE HERETIC
Huddled in the occupied streets of Silverspring, now called the City of the Damned, a young Sidhe began to unlock the mysteries of the lost artifacts of the Seraphs. He unearthed an ancient magic wand that the Seraphs had made as a gift to the first Celestial Watcher. Its power was limited, but it was enough to allow Corvus to start fighting back against D’sparil’s minions.
As news of Corvus’s defiance traveled across Parthoris, he was dubbed the Heretic. He did not conform to the laws of D’sparil. He fought back against the ravaging hoards of the demonic armies. He openly defied D’sparil’s power. Corvus traveled from city to city looking for D’sparil’s stronghold. He fought the legions with every step of his journey, but his search uncovered more than just D’sparil. He found caches of the Seraph’s lost magic, including one of the famed Tomes of Power. Using the newly unearthed artifacts, Corvus attacked D’sparil’s stronghold on the ocean floor with renewed vigor. Face to face in D’sparil’s domed city, Corvus and D’sparil pummeled each other, blow after blow. Even with his serpent slain, D’sparil still came at Corvus with all of his demonic fury, but in the end it was a final blow from the Phoenix Rod that caused D’sparil to erupt into a conflagration of fury, fueled by the oppression of Parthoris. D’sparil cried out in anguish as his robes and flesh were seared from his bones. With is dying breath, he cried out a curse that set into motion Corvus’s fate.

CORVUS’S LOST YEARS IN THE OUTER WORLDS, AS RECORDED BY THE TOME OF POWER TEEJALLA THE OUTER WORLDS
D’sparil was defeated. Corvus stepped through the world ripple expecting to cross over into Silverspring. As he crossed through the dimensional portal, he discovered the full meaning of D’sparil’s curse. He was trapped in the Outer Worlds with no apparent means of returning home.
For years he wandered among the seemingly infinite landscapes that make up the Outer Worlds. Each new world was more desolate and alien than the last. He learned that D’sparil had two brothers that had laid plans to
conquer other worlds, and as he traveled across the barren landscapes Corvus became increasingly aware of how widespread the taint of the Serpent Riders really was. Most of D’sparil’s army had been composed of creatures that were the twisted remnants of once normal civilizations, and he heard tales of the Serpent Riders using mass enslavement to bulk up the
ranks of their armies. Corvus did not know where the other two Serpent Riders traveled to, but he hoped that these unfortunate worlds were more successful at stopping the demons than his people had been.
The only relics Corvus managed to retain were his fighting staff and the Tome of Power that I have imbued my essence into. All of his other weapons were rendered inert and useless. The knowledge contained in my pages became his most valued possession. I had lost most of my power after the battle with D’sparil, but I was able to refocus my energy slowly during the course of our travels. Eventually, I was able to reveal my presence to Corvus. I guided him, and eventually related the story of my creation. Ages ago I was a Seraph, but I, along with my seven sisters, was given the honor of becoming one with the seven Tomes of Power. Each of the Tomes carried different pieces of our knowledge. Our greatest seers had foreseen our departure from the affairs of Parthoris and we knew the necessity of maintaining the wisdom of our race. The seven Tomes were created, infused with our life force, and then they were given to our cousins, the Sidhe.

A WAY HOME
Years of wandering the Outer Worlds hardened Corvus. Alone in the alien worlds, Corvus was forced to fight for his life with the only weapon that he had, his staff. He fashioned it into a pole arm of sorts by lashing a blade to one end. I began to teach him about the lost magic of the Seraphs. It was only after years of practice that he gained mastery of the magical foundations that I taught him. With this education, Corvus will be able to quickly learn and use most any spell based upon our tradition of magic. Decades past before I stumbled upon a means for us to return home. Corvus was engaged in a fierce battle with a demon when I felt the opening of a nearby World Ripple. This Ripple felt different than any of the others that we had traveled through, I could feel the faint call of my sister Tomes from the other side of the ripple. They cried out in pain, for they were
being used for powerful magic. The ripple was a means home. Using the other Tomes as a beacon, I guided Corvus to the ripple. As he stepped through, I was confident that our search was, at long last, over.

World Map:
C5q7WCO.jpg

My first goal was to find creepy, talking chicken. It was in the tutorial.
8nxIvPl.jpg

G'Day, Mate! I'm Sir Nate, your whacking bird! Feel free to practice your attacks upon me!
Let's get started, shall we? First, prepare your staff and get ready to pummel my helpless limp body dangling from this rope with it so pleasantly chafing my delicate claws!

Part 1 Silverspring

f2mmZ0f.jpg

Let's look at a map:
N7Ym8D2.jpg

There are 3 sections of Silverspring, game start in Docks.
DyfpYth.jpg

There are two types of mana- green for offensive magic and blue for defensive. First speels are Fireball and Tome of Power. Fireball mainly advantage is that it can be used even without mana. Tome of Power incerase effects of other spells and weapons.
VuLapb2.jpg

Couple of rats attack, but they aren't big problem. Basic weapon is Durhnwood Staff.
zU6eupL.jpgshot.jpg

There is Sidhe with sick greenish skin, he lies here and beg for help. We can kill him, but it gives us nothing.
cyKcvgp.jpg

Let's check this buliding on left...
L0pZIeg.jpg

Resident is not pleased by our visit.
XjVi565.jpg

Power-ups! There is blue, deffenisive mana.
Eshg80d.jpg

And Crystal Vial that restores HP. There was also green, offensive mana but I forgot to screencap it.
Ok, so maybe buliding on rightside?
fNGKPo5.jpg

Now everybody in Silverspring are not only ugly but also aggresive. Plague Sidhe aren't challenge for Corvus, they are often just running away when wounded.

9taHoFl.jpg

There are gates, but unfortunatelly locked. Wonder what treasures are hidden on the other side. We need to use another exit from this building and jump into the street...
MsYvQaV.jpg

to find some locals having barbecue.
FDb8z5u.jpg

My brothers are insane with bloodlust!
JC6sneL.jpg

Whoah, first button. What it could do?
4I4d7A9.jpg

It opens nearby gates, what a suprise. Be ready for more buttons.
nsukDWn.jpg

Plague Sidhe can also use fireballs.
0FVKkcP.jpg

Corvus is able to jump from place where he is now to this perfectly hidden doors with different texture on the oposite wall, pole vaulting with his basic staff. There is a lot of hidden items in places like this. He can also destroy barrels, crates and sometimes walls.
NSn1nTl.jpghot.jpg

Tavern, of course doors are locked.
dfd1vK6.jpg

We can use nearby lever.
0uu9Dau.jpg

This scene is priceless. Dude on the left jumps off the crates...
cxSLQmp.jpg

...and laws of physic send another dude in short trip which ends on the wall.
gOhJfQE.jpg

We find a key!
KX4b31g.jpg

Also, we can destroy this and jump into sewers.
UAFziUa.jpg

It leds to room full of power-ups.
9A626fs.jpg

Which is trap set by the infected. After killing couple of them and using one lever we can go further.
LUeaLE5.jpg

More sewers.
dVPk7xe.jpg

More power-ups.

OncAJ5C.jpg

And finally we arrived to the place where we started our adventure.

iTPae3G.jpg

Back to the tavern. No Corvus, this time doors aren't locked.
Geo0IQa.jpg

Another group of infected.
sYMy04E.jpg

This time they are rearranging interior of tavern.
tja1SLo.jpg

I wanted to use this stairs :(
OZ9ldJX.jpg

Ok, so we need to find another way now.
jRCe27p.jpg

There's something new!
QsRvs4q.jpg

Corvus learned Ring of Repulsion. Basic defensive spell.
dsY6PLj.jpg

It creates expanding shockwave that push back and injures enemies.
so1zmbN.jpg

There is alternative way to the tavern second floor.
IRtkuqX.jpg

We go trough tavern buliding and find Shrine. This one is Spirit Shrine and adds 50 HP to basic 100. There are also doors to another building.
jimhALH.jpg

Corvus is going downstairs,
6LBbqCX.jpg

and now up with elevator,
EdVMSew.jpg

and down again.
sDy4FZn.jpg

xNDKhNG.jpg

We finally found somebody that is not crazy.
2Oxc1R3.jpg

You know of me?
The slayer of D'sparil. A hero's tale travels far.
Who are you? What has happened to Silverspring and our people?
I was once a Harbormaster. I am Dranor. The people- they hide. At least who've been spared.
Spared?
From the plague. The infected- they are consumed by insanity. They attack anyone in the sight. Thousands have died.But you- you can save us once again. There's talk that a Ssithra healer has found a cure... across teh swamps in Andoria. You must go there.
It is not my destiny to be a hero.
The lands of Parthoris are battlefields! Soon we will join the infected or die at their feet! You must go to Andoria- you must. But first- you'll have to break free from the city.
The Celestial Watcher has used magic to seal everyone inside and secure himself in the palace. Crush him- and you can cross the swamps to the cure.
Stay and we'll suffer a fate worse than the Serpent Rider.

I will go. Parthoris will not be taken again.
Corvus, be warned. The lands are willed with those who spread the plague. They carry a globes that contain the deadly mist...
5ALMPyI.jpg

Danor dies crushed by collapsing wall. First Plague Spreader appears
8VgjTsQ.jpg

stronger than infected Sidhe, better keep a longer distance from him.
onVJyXk.jpg

After dealing with Plague Spreader we descend into hole in floor.
EKg63FN.jpg

We are in the second section of map.
bq7pAiS.jpg

Two Sidhe are chasing another one.
8tQbKKA.jpg

Infected are doing good job with eliminating themself.
5I635lJ.jpg

Another closed doors.
sBnRCXt.jpg

svHYbR2.jpg

There is Hellstaff. SMG of Heretic. It fires serise of projectiles. It needs ammo- Hellorbs.
LJb5BSG.jpg

We can use it on this plague spreader.
7rI3VuT.jpg

GU19g4e.jpg

Nearby we found silver armor shrine.
2XCEbNJ.jpg

Magazine. Its crowded with rats and Plague Sidhe.
M5V1nX3.jpg

Infected use what's left from their intelect and are trying to kill Corvus by dropping crates on him.
WrsqMFt.jpg

We are using this crate as elevator.
azA08kh.jpg

15sFWTy.jpg

We can drop crate that destroys closed gates by pressing this button.
fVhQQWL.jpg

QHRbJxx.jpg

Now we can go further.
YyY4HLG.jpg

And there is mana shrine. Guess what it regenerates?
fCOb3iG.jpg

kYdK5eR.jpg

Doors are closed. There is one Hellorb on screen.
EdoaNWq.jpg

We can open hatch in water and dive in.
bXL1JP4.jpg

tQbpwb4.jpg

0y2v7iQ.jpg

We reach next room, where we are using crate to break the way outside.
5CHh42k.jpg

czLo954.jpg

YT5H3xS.jpg

Corvus learns new offensive spell- Thunder Blast.
nrhaLcT.jpg

It have large spread so it can hit several targets.
v8NwRPj.jpg

UgxLuiF.jpg

But using it on Plague Spreaders is bad idea.
1Uvw2AP.jpg

Another Plague Spreader is guarding doors to palace. He dies stuck by the Hellstaff.
3Tna5Dq.jpg

Doors are closed. We need to find another way.
UjWp82B.jpg

xaLqYuE.jpg

vzZw1zA.jpg

Once more, we are using crate to make progress throught level.
wqtdIQr.jpg

z6zn4yw.jpg

Rats are much bigger there.
04cwmQL.jpg

These crow signs look promising.
WBNWPNu.jpg

Finally, palace! There is some fight with infected.
jtLnAeH.jpg

There is cog.
309EhUi.jpg

I don't know where I need to use it yet.
JVm26AO.jpg

Plague Sidhe from palace can cast more dangerous spells (even with one hand cut off) and become invisible.
SF57y98.jpg

o5HLoey.jpg

This sclupture looks familiar.
A statue...of me?
jIAgu7O.jpg

More fight with invisible Sidhe.
aDqaNb8.jpg

Gold Armor Shrine. Now Corvus fits in this pimped palace.
8mu0okX.jpg

And finally place where we can use cog. Machine starts...
l3AZpoa.jpg

Gap in floor (that I haven't noticed before) is closed now.
bccpj4p.jpg

After a moment we find doors with magical force field.
oI6bGuX.jpg

On the opposite side of room are hidden doors. To open it we must get close to wall (I was stuck here for like 10 minutes lol).
M2tgDV4.jpg

Strange machine and more buttons, we puch them all.
f9deIqd.jpg

Force field dissapears.
8vwFt3b.jpg

There are also two shrines. This means that we are approaching strog enemy.
QFfuvuS.jpg

3qq4mXp.jpg

We are in Observatory.
KGUkHqC.jpg

We are pushing button on one balcony...
DRxb6rz.jpg

and second button on another balcony.
stizNJs.jpg

Doors opens.
xR2GQtT.jpg

Corvus learns new defensive spell- Meteor Swarm.
UPYVy3k.jpg

It's looks pretty cool. Also, meteors are crashing themselves at enemies.
Q3TQ8p3.jpg

We found Celestial Watcher.
Corvus. Perhaps I owe you. Killing D'sparil saved this city from certain doom- allowing me to become ruler.
You build this city and leads it's people through wretched times. And now you have turned all of it into a prison. The plague has become ruler.
You should not have returned, Corvus. You might have survived outside the city.Your fight has been in vain

TQkP0wj.jpg

Fight! Celestial Observer fires magic missiles, and when his HP drop- laser beam.
zkaWERi.jpg

FR1YcqU.jpg

After short fight he dies and his body falls apart.
4udhozm.jpg

Building is shaking, floor collapses. Corvus falls down.
Jq2xy1N.jpg

Now Tome of Power want to talk with him.
The Watcher?
His body was so infested with plague that once dead it cloud no longer hold its form.
You are strong again.
I have recovered from opening the world ripple, but not in full.
Corvus, you must listen to me- you have been infected.

No, not now! I will not fall to this...
Corvus, I can protect you for now. But we mus hurry across the swamps to Andoria and find the healer.
It will take most of my strenght to fend off the madness. I am uncertain how long my power will hold.

You needn't fear. I will move quickly.

d7z8nC6.jpg

xi5694g.jpg

That's all for today. Next part- Darkmire Swamp.

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
Part 2 - Darkmire Swamp
tDkSyKg.jpg

Creatures from Darkmire Swamp:

Z3hjke2.jpg

G’KROKON
They are usually found alone or in small groups and attack by spitting a noxious poison at their potential food source.

rSfpGct.jpg

HARPIES
Reptilian-like Harpies fill the wilderness skies and have been known to attack lone targets, especially when these predators are together in groups. Harpies are found in both populated regions and the desolate reaches of the deep wilderness.
iLGACCV.jpg

GORGON
The most common predator in Parthoris is the Gorgon. These are two limbed reptilian creatures that travel and hunt in packs. These packs are generally lead by a leader that directs and helps guide the group.

fxZ6Tmf.jpg

MYXINI
Many of the fresh water lakes and streams of Parthoris are filled with the carnivorous Myxini. These are large, toothed, meat-eating fish that can grow to be up to five feet long. (They live also in Silverspring)

GTT4t8a.jpg

From the room beneath Celestial Watcher's chamber we go to small cave.
uHmbLAM.jpg

Exit from the cave leads to Darkmire Swamps.
DjBPDtX.jpg

There is harpie- they are flying around or sleeping on ground. When attaced, they follow Corvus and dive to attack him.
o4m1RX5.jpg

hGbKPFD.jpg

We can hear calls of animals and flapping wings of Harpies.
HvWB8Jw.jpg

We must jump on the rocks and logs.
KRM4dBX.jpg

Corvus is getting stuck in mud and slowly sinks into swamp. He dies if we do not menage to reach solid surface.
PAhR1qk.jpg

Some G'krokons, they aren't dangerous enemies
yJLBshz.jpg

There are hellorbs hidden in these holes.
cCeHjVy.jpg

We are heading in good direction.
PbfpgVn.jpg

We meet pack of Gorgons.
5Jf7Hfc.jpg

They can jump quite far, but they are drowning in swamp if they fails to land on rock.
xcGOcqv.jpg

Corvus si able to swing on the vines.
JJI3dMX.jpg

Harpies are circling in the air above Corvus. They won't attack, but we can hear them all the time.
broAHCZ.jpg

There is dead one.
Je91S6T.jpg

We find ancient ruins. Also, harpie that I haven't noticed before is attacking.
9qgQ2Mi.jpg

There is resting Harpie and some G'krokons.
bB09HPm.jpg

I havent menaged to use this submerged shrine. Lodge drown if Corvus jump on it. There is more lodges like this one later, but they are dangerous, because they are floating in swamp.
BFncp1S.jpg

emQBhaU.jpg

j3uNROt.jpg

rAB7Ld4.jpg

Harpies can dodge projectiles and spells, also sometimes hide behind trees.
tVq6TIU.jpg

We arrive at gates of Andoria. We figst some Harpies and Gorgons.
qC2M6Ei.jpg

lvSA1cj.jpg

Unfortunatelly gates are destroyed an we need to find another way.
TSeAlwM.jpg

Broken bridge.
sro1U7K.jpg

There is chasm. Corvus will die if he falls into it.
jys5itI.jpg

In my brillancy I managed to kill him. I forgot about pole vaulting and this is one of the places where we must use it.
IwzYILr.jpg

ecQDD5o.jpg

FYF4YS2.jpg

More ruins...
o7w2oTo.jpg

We go down in the building.
ZlHJeYL.jpg

Gates closes behing Corvus.
fnhrQHa.jpg

Now only way leads through this door.

pippin

I always thought Heretic was a Hexen clone, or vice versa!

II used Quake's engine, but took a Tomb Raider focus, with exploration and puzzles and etc. It was one of my favorite games from my childhood, especially Andoria, the land of the bug people (which were fucking creepy, btw) and the mines.

drexciya

Augur
I always thought Heretic was a Hexen clone, or vice versa!
Good point, I always thought there was a connection between the games as well. I never did remember about Heretic 2, but I guess I more or less lost interest in that type of game when Quake was introduced. Which makes this LP all the more interesting.

pippin

Those game were connected by lore. IIRC the final boss was kin to the bosses of Heretic, or something like that.

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
Hexens are Heretic's sequel, boss in first Heretic was Serpent Rider named D'sparil, and in Hexens there were two remaining Serpent Riders (and also different PC). Heretic II is continuation of first Heretic with Corvus as PC, but there is no Serpent Riders left, and boss is crazy Seraph. I'll LP Hexens probably. But first I'll finish this one.

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
Part 3 Andoria: From Catacombs to Healer's Tower

zKrrX83.jpg

Anc4Fzj.jpg

The Ssithra are an amphibious race that build their cities on both the land and in the murky waters of the swamps that they prefer to live near. The average Ssithra is taller than a Sidhe when standing fully upright, but most Ssithra tend to slouch by hunching their backs and standing with slightly bent knees. Many of the Ssithra dedicate their lives to academia and religion, preferring to trade with others rather than manufacturing goods for themselves.
In recent years the Ssithra have become culturally divided. They have a long history of using violence as a means to an end, and they are known for their religious fanaticism. For centuries they have practiced blood rituals, which require living sacrifices to be drowned in pools of Earthblood (which is considered the very essence of life on Parthoris). The current city leaders have started to move beyond the old ways of blood sacrifice and violence in an effort to move their people into a new era of learning enlightenment, and peace. Their efforts have divided many of the cities because of a faction of Ssithra that still cling to the old ways. Both factions are dedicated to higher learning and the study of the world at large.
The Ssithra have built many libraries and museums dedicated to the arts that they hold to be most precious. Andoria, the Ssithra capital, was built ages ago. Since D'sparil ravaged
this portion of Parthoris, the swamp city has been sinking deeper into the water. The Ssithra have made several attempts to slow the sinking, but their efforts have met with only limited success and portions of the city now lie in ruins. D'sparil's coming was a milestone in Ssithra history. Before he came, they were united in their methods and ideals; after he was defeated, their civilization became divided.

WzOC8Qh.jpg

The first thing we see are doors.
GiuoGXO.jpg

8Uau2eO.jpg

Only those who are pure of heart or possess the warrior's shield may pass.
Corvus apparently isn't pure of heart, so we need shield.

JH5SY0k.jpg

There is platform, and some plague spreaders running around.

5mUjTJs.jpg

Platform moves when Corvus stand on it.

KniB39W.jpg

S3RzmWs.jpg

There is lid in floor and button on wall on the lower level of room.

c7XWSlH.jpg

Pressing button releases rods that fits into handles on lid. We need to bring platform down, then release rods, and bring platform up again, so it opens hatch.

Mh9K9Tp.jpg

PgaPeta.jpg

zOszApE.jpg

There is dead body, that should be warning for me.
hX0XO9N.jpg

But I don't care so game menages to kill Corvus againv :D

FzNViKm.jpg

It's kind of circular saw.
USqbLAh.jpg

vXXiJjW.jpg

Some Gorgons.

BEXKHas.jpg

3g5aQ3p.jpg

There is sarcophagus and shel-shaped reliefs

bn4Pmxv.jpg

One of small shells is button.

wUvlWA9.jpg

It opens safe with warrior's shield.

tGZ97Tq.jpg

Warrior gets his shield and doors opens.

GRuaOsM.jpg

Inside is Plague Spreader and some items.

zErKOmz.jpg

Storm bow. I recall accidentally killing myself with it.

4AVmDmp.jpg

This room is really cool, walls opens when we pick up bow.

wOx3Mru.jpg

There is water deep enough to safely jump in.

MZ8Wkcu.jpg

TeIAvxz.jpg

There are two gates.

90HQKtq.jpg

First one is closed

Xd2k7rh.jpg

Button is under water.

7kMTVqA.jpg

PGkR5th.jpg

Now a short walk through corridor. There is soem fight with Plague Spreaders and infected Ssithra.

PbXIfeH.jpg

tqpGOTF.jpg

HcMUa4t.jpg

EegSw4W.jpg

fkmsUC1.jpg

In last room we find lever.

zjL3t3T.jpg

It opens niche with another lever.

GUVMsMu.jpg

And this one fills room with water. Now we have access to passage on room's celling.

tMhFziO.jpg

Tunnel with rats and some items.

L6DtKgG.jpg

It leads outside.

MxNzhte.jpg

Yxmeb3z.jpg

Mxedlqr.jpg

This is how Storm Bow works. It creates small, red clud that rains with acid rain and strikes enemies with lightnings.

QwCsikM.jpg

Doors are closed. On both sides we can see buttons and reliefs.

cgVxsdQ.jpg

Standing on button opens niche with levear.

kdPPew6.jpg

Using both levears opens doos.

XB874Ss.jpg

pswpOQw.jpg

roon9EF.jpg

52IuHCc.jpg

These objects on walls looks suspicious.

5JAWes7.jpg

They are flametowers. Fire quickly takes away HP.
c8tu4iF.jpg

Later I realized that rolling on the flor is good way to put out the fire. If we avoid this trap we meet healer.
bSuT3EG.jpg

I mean you no harm. I seek the healer.
Your skin- you have the plague yet... you have your wits. How? Tell me.
I am protected... by a Tome of Power. But its power will not last. I need a cure. Can you help me?
Ahh, the Heretic. You are Corvus.
I know who I am. Are you Healer? Will you help me?
Yes I am Siernan the healer, but I cannot help you. I would need another Sea Crystal and vial of pure Earthblood to make cure.
But Andoria- it is ravaged by the infected. I am too old and weak to fight.

A trade. I'll retrieve the ingredients in exchange for your help.
Mmm, a fair trade. Fair indeed.
There is Sea Crystal in heart of the Great Library in the Academic Quarter, but you may be unable to enter- it was constructed solely for Ssithra.
As for the other- go to the slums. You'll find a pool of pure Earthblood. It was used to create plague and is therefore part of its cure.
Be sure to find suitable container to carry it back.

The plague- it was created?
Such evil is not born by nature- only magic. Morcalavin. I know nothing of him, other than he created plague and the twisted denizens who spread it.
Watch for the infected. I'll help you when you return.

gusy1BQ.jpg

Renegen

Arcane
Holy shit, the art style for this game is so good. I might just have to play it.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I love this game, although I think that screenshot LP format is not the best one for it, as it is much more impressive in motion.
Anyway, carry on with the good job. :salute:

As for connections to Hexen - the first Hexen was a Heretic clone (which as an FPP game) - the second Heretic went in a different direction, and is all the better for it (IMO).

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Man, this game was fun.

Meleeing was pretty good too, lasted till the end game.

flabbyjack

Arcane
In chronological order

Heretic (1994)
spSTUC.png

Heretic 1 ran on a modified Doom engine

Hexen: Beyond Heretic (1995) - an indirect sequel to Heretic
5obH4e.png

^ Doom engine again. Plz do notice the graphics are a little rough compared to Heretic 1

Hexen 2 (1997)
LU3VC6.jpg

^ Running on Quake engine, not the Doom engine as in Heretic 1 and Hexen 1

Heretic 2 (1998)
pH3Gi3.jpg

^ Quake 2 engine. 'Well, I guess it's back to the drawing board'

Last edited:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Heretic II was the only one I have played through. Maybe even twice? I probably should come back to the others at some point.

lightbane

Arcane
In chronological order

Heretic (1994)
spSTUC.png

Isn't that Chernoborg, an enemy from Blood? Mod detected. Also, unless my memory is failing me, I believe the chainsaw necro-gauntlets were silver and shot red lightning.

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
I should have done LPs of these games in chronological order to show changes and new features. Now it will be reversed.

In chronological order

Heretic (1994)
spSTUC.png

Isn't that Chernoborg, an enemy from Blood? Mod detected. Also, unless my memory is failing me, I believe the chainsaw necro-gauntlets were silver and shot red lightning.
Monster mod and one of texture packs. Original graphics isn't that detailed (but looks better IMO, these enhanced texture mods are ugly, except one for Hexen II. Original textures are pixelated but at least consistent).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom