Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

Tigranes

Arcane
Azira ERYFKRAD Akkudakku Lambchop19 Kz3r0

OK, I don't want us to DISCUSS! for ten pages or to annoy people to vote my way, but I think it's fair to call you guys once, the people who voted before any of discussed anything:

Really? Are we just going to lulzvote the ENTIRE lp? I mean, we lulzvote half the time, sure, but...

He is a helpful friendly type that has already mobilised everybody for an acceptable plan of action. We are a reclusive weirdo who is already suspected by several of the group (Uehara et al), has just been marked a tiresome paranoiac by others, and is now trying to justify his suggestions by encouraging infighting. Oh, not to mention we didn't exactly roll a persuasive type. I can't imagine how this wouldn't go wrong, oh no.

A > Anything but G.

Going with one group or striking out on our own is not likely to be very beneficial - it repeats mistakes of previous nights. But staying in the lobby doesn't sound so great either.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Azira ERYFKRAD Akkudakku Lambchop19 Kz3r0

OK, I don't want us to DISCUSS! for ten pages or to annoy people to vote my way, but I think it's fair to call you guys once, the people who voted before any of discussed anything:
Sorry but I cant agree with this.
Remember that he always ends up on the bad guys side.

And now we have an option to do something completly different then all previous tries.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Remember that he always ends up on the bad guys side.
:1/5::deadhorse:
double-facepalm.jpg
But seriously, this is an attitude and a course of action we didn't try before, and it might clue us in on his motives for being here, which is a plus. It's been 3 nights, and we only learned anything about 4, maybe 5 people.

Tigranes

Arcane
OK, fair enough. I also want to know more about the 'on leave' deal - I just think blurting it out in this situation won't get us much. But we'll see how it goes, I don't even know what option is winning.

(And yeah, this guy is the perenially good, if naive, guy, not the evil dude)

a cut of domestic sheep prime

OK, fair enough. I also want to know more about the 'on leave' deal - I just think blurting it out in this situation won't get us much. But we'll see how it goes, I don't even know what option is winning.

(And yeah, this guy is the perenially good, if naive, guy, not the evil dude)
Haha. And how do you know that, hmm? You know what I'd do if I wanted to kill everyone in a large group? First, I'd split them up, then i would hunt them down one at a time. Now, this would be a lot easier with an accomplice - of which our mysterious *shape shifting* old man has at least one. +M

Nevill

Arcane
Haha. And how do you know that, hmm?
By his actions and his behavior during the previous iterations?

He never did use his leadership to the detriment of our group as far as I am aware. No people died while they were separated as per his suggestion, and all he really wants to do is to cover more ground and check all options on how to leave the hospital. People who stay in the lobby (and split the group further) do so despite his suggestion, not according to it.

The first murder in the first night happened after they got back and huddled together in the lobby. At least I assume that's how it happened. Amanozaki got lost. Why no one saw and reported that? I am taking a guess here, but I feel that is because she isolated herself from the rest with her psycho-psychic act. Not a lot of people had reasons to worry about her wandering off. Last we've seen of her was with Kayano and Mistuki trying to comfort her.

That's the kind of thing Tokigawa tries to prevent.

Also, the Doc was murdered by Taketatsu and got his heart carved out of his chest just like the rest of them were. Kind of clears his name, don't you think?

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
But seriously, this is an attitude and a course of action we didn't try before, and it might clue us in on his motives for being here, which is a plus. It's been 3 nights, and we only learned anything about 4, maybe 5 people.
The thing to keep in mind with that approach is that our protagonist will be shaped by these decisions regardless of our viewpoint, so we better think about character development as well.

Nevill

Arcane
So..?

What kind of character development is this, and why is it any worse than a psycho who dreams of sticking phallic objects into boys' ears and girls' eyes?

Elfberserker

Liturgist
We have to keep in mind that people seems to change a bit in each night.

Mitsuki and now Mori seems to act more diffrently compared to first or second night, but we don't know how Togigawa has changed nor do we know him beyound the surface.
That being said bringing up that Doc is in sick leave is kind of wild card, because we have no idea if he has more realition to this hospital than your usual employee and workplace bond...

It seems that in G, our intention is to weaken Togigawa grip on leadership.....However why we should do that? Either someone else graps the positition or it will some sort of every man/group for himself type situation....Which might not be bad idea since it could add good deal of randomization, if everyone breaks off in very small groups...

E>F

I want to know that kind of group lobby group is...And Amanozaki is there.

Jester

Arbiter
What kind of character development is this, and why is it any worse than a psycho who dreams of sticking phallic objects into boys' ears and girls' eyes?
Sound like any healthy teenager boy.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

By his actions and his behavior during the previous iterations?

He never did use his leadership to the detriment of our group as far as I am aware. No people died while they were separated as per his suggestion, and all he really wants to do is to cover more ground and check all options on how to leave the hospital. People who stay in the lobby (and split the group further) do so despite his suggestion, not according to it.

The first murder in the first night happened after they got back and huddled together in the lobby. At least I assume that's how it happened. Amanozaki got lost. Why no one saw and reported that? I am taking a guess here, but I feel that is because she isolated herself from the rest with her psycho-psychic act. Not a lot of people had reasons to worry about her wandering off. Last we've seen of her was with Kayano and Mistuki trying to comfort her.

That's the kind of thing Tokigawa tries to prevent.

Also, the Doc was murdered by Taketatsu and got his heart carved out of his chest just like the rest of them were. Kind of clears his name, don't you think?
No. This guy is a shape shifter and creates illusions. Creating an illusion of someone's dead body would be no more difficult that shapeshifting to pretend to be them in the first place. Besides that, in order to split everyone up so his friend could work, he'd have to play the part of a good and caring leader, while is friend plays the isolationist bad cop and then goes off and does whatever.

And it isn't just about murdering them while they are separate - which does happen, even though it didn't ar first. Its about finding these artifacts like the necklace. Maybe he needs us to split up and search for them, then after we find them, he comes and kills us for them.

It's a possibility, though admittedly, an unlikely one.

Last edited by a moderator:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'll close the votes in about 12 hours or so, I think. Have some stuff to do first.

Nevill

Arcane
The old man is the new Shulgi. He could be anywhere! He could be anyone!

By the way, was it mentioned anywhere that he can shapeshift and impersonate people? I guess Shinoseki that Taketatsu saw during the first night might have been him, but other than that?

Rex Feral

Prophet
Where are the Bioware Romance Plots?

Can we stack someone with gifts hoping to bang court them?

Nevill

Arcane
And why are we no longer invited in female shower rooms?

:rpgcodex:

The original choice was between Mori and a shower room. If we can't be with Mori...

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
“Tokigawa-san… it was Tokigawa Kou-san, right? Aren’t you supposed to be on leave today?”

Tokigawa’s eyes narrow warily behind his glasses. “What are you getting at, Shinoseki-san? What does that have to do with anything?”

Feeling a bit more confident thanks to his defensive reaction, you push on. “W-Well… I found your name written on a list of trainees who were supposed to be on duty… it is true that you were supposed to work today, as you told us. But you didn’t tell us you had already applied for leave beforehand. Per-perhaps there is a reason you came in today anyway?”

“What are you implying?“ Okuyama rises from her seat, visibly angered at your insinuations.

“It is… it is just such a coincidence isn’t it? I mean… Tokigawa-san, you took leave off today but ended up coming anyway, and it just so happened to be the day where all this happened?”

Okuyama bristles. “You-“

“It’s okay, Okuyama. Calm down.” Persuading her to return to her seat, Tokigawa leans back in his, his eyes closed and his face calm. “This is not a very pleasant situation we find ourselves in. I’m not surprised that people would jump to conclusions easily. To answer your question, Shinoseki Adachi-san… yes, I was supposed to be on leave today. I was not feeling well last night, and I called in sick for the next day. However, I felt much better this morning and decided I should show up to work after all. That is all.”

“Ah, I… I see…” You wonder if you should press him further - you get the feeling that he is not being entirely truthful with you - but Tokigawa continues to speak, taking the momentum away from you.

“I am curious, Shinoseki-san, about where you found that list. Were you digging around the hospital files before you came to the lobby?”

“I…”

“The body! That must be it! He found it on the dead body before we came in!” shouts Sakimura in realization before you can answer.

“Dead body?” Tokigawa’s eyebrows arch as he stares at you. “If you found the list there, then it would have belonged to one of the doctors in charge of supervising us trainees. I suppose they did not survive this disaster either…”

“I…”

“Shinoseki-san seemed to be scavenging stuff from the corpse,” Sakimura adds, talking over you. “We saw him with the doctor’s stethoscope. I don’t know what else he took.”

“Stealing from the dead, eh, Shinoseki?” Mori asks suddenly, his attention focused on you. “Why would you need a stethoscope? Are you trained in the use of one?”

“I…” You think you would know how to use one, but how is that question relevant to your current situation?

Without giving you time to respond fully, Mori throws out another question. “What else did you find on the doctor’s body? Was there something important that he was carrying? Something that… oh, I don’t know, people might kill over, Shinoseki?”

“I… I didn’t kill him,” you mutter quickly to defend yourself. “If that’s what you’re getting at. He died a few hours before I woke up.”

Mori scratches his beard, listening to you keenly. “How do you know that he died a few hours before you woke up? That seems to be a rather specific deduction.”

“I don’t think I could confidently identify the time of death myself without another semester in pathology,” says Tokigawa. “It would need experience and some modicum of medical training.”

“So, Shinoseki… you are either skilled enough to determine the time of death, or already know the time of death for another reason.” Mori gives you a thin smile that seems to say, I have you now.

“You mean… if he is the murderer,” concludes Maeda, a hard look in her eyes. “If he killed the doctor, it is obvious that Shinoseki-san would know the time of his death.”

It looks like the tide is turning against you: there is not a single sympathetic look in the entire lobby. You push up your slipping glasses - your finger twitching thanks to your nervousness - and try to think about your next step carefully.

01:00

A. “If… if you suspect me of doing it, why don’t we go take a look at the body for more clues?” They are free to investigate the ward: you are confident you didn’t kill the man and that they will find nothing pointing to you.

B. “Of course I didn’t do it… he was shot and I don’t have a gun. Here! I took pictures of the wounds!” The photos will prove what you are saying is the truth, without having to return to the ward.

C. “I-I know about medicine and the human biology,” you admit. The problem is that you do not remember how you came by this knowledge; you will just have to hope your explanation satisfies them.

D. “I didn’t do it! You have to believe me!” You throw yourself on their mercy. A full display of your nervous timidity might be sufficient to disarm their distrust.

E. “...” You say nothing. A sullen silence is perhaps your best bet here. They probably won’t believe whatever you say anyway.

F. You run away from them. They might get paranoid and attempt to attack you… it is probably better that you leave as fast as you can.

G. You leap over the table without warning and attack Mori. He seems to be the most dangerous one here. If you can take him down first, dealing with the others should be a piece of cake...

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Just as planned. :cool:

And now I suppose we can go to the ward together to search for clues without having to split up. A.

Hell knows what we will find there, but at least we should find gun wounds on the body that would confirm our earlier words to Sakimura and Uehara (when they refused to check up on the corpse because they didn't trust us).

I would choose the 2nd option to show them the photo, but it is phrased in quite an ugly way. I would be able to explain why I took that photo (say, we did it to preserve the evidence if we ruin something with our search - and as for why we searched the body in the first place, hey, it's a body, and it's the only body that we knew it existed by then. It seemed like a pretty big find at a time, and we didn't feel comfortable with walking out of the ward with just our clothes on when there may be a murderer on the loose), but I feel Shinoseki does not exactly have a way with words.

Would be interesting if we found a gun. :P

Demonstrating a medical skill is not out of question, either. Hell, the blood was beginning to coagulate by the time we woke up. It's not like one needs to be Sherlock Holmes to come to such a conclusion.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
treave said:
G. You leap over the table without warning and attack Mori. He seems to be the most dangerous one here. If you can take him down first, dealing with the others should be a piece of cake...
A beautiful addition. :lol:

But how exactly will we attack him? Will we be strangling him with a stethoscope? Is it the long-awaited chance for our inner Liam Neeson-ness to shine?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom