Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

m4davis

Scholar
A1 And now I'am almost certain the masters care nothing for humanity at all they were just trying to put guards on something which could relive there old slaves punishment some and if that doesn't work I think they would have no qualms about destroying it

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I'm going to vote A1, but I can be easily tempted to B. Both sound like they could be interesting, but A has no chance of us having to stab a bro in the back. Also A1 will give us more opportunity to feed on Gieloth and build our power up to defeat Marduk

The rapidity of your updates is great, by the way.

Kipeci

Arcane
308924_395763193805980_5298670_n.jpg

edit: Also, let's go for that deal.

Esquilax

Arcane
I disagree, ScubaV. If anything, I feel that this conversation has been Sekhenun showing her true colours a bit. She's been under our deal for nearly a century, and while I think that it may have taught her some humility, there's a definite power-play going on here. Why does she care about Zeus or Marduk? The most likely answer to me is that they are the most powerful individuals in the region - if we snuff them out for her, there's a power vacuum that she hopes to fill.

I am very curious as to how she's been able to follow our diet restriction for so long while still maintaining some of her powers. I feel like there are a few things that she hasn't told us about this condition of ours. Sekhenun seems to make a really big deal out of debts and promises:

“That didn’t work out in the end. You’ve become this very interesting abomination that I would love to experiment on, but that’s not what I promised you.”

She talks a lot in terms of debts. So did Nabu, as a matter of fact. From the little hints we've gotten of their world, Gieloth politics is very orderly and deadly. These guys seem somewhat similar to baatezu, and I wonder whether what kind of power promises and obligations hold over them. I could be wrong, but it's certainly very curious.

Another interesting side effect of our condition is that now Ean is a psychic blank. Nobody can hear our thoughts, nor are they aware of our presence. This makes subterfuge a very attractive option. Raising an army is nice and all, but Marduk has grown comfortable and lazy with those who choose to serve him, and I feel like getting close to him and assassinating him is viable because he can't read our presence.

Getting close to him might also teach us a lot about the Gieloth indirectly - our only source of information about the world so far has been Sekhenun. I kinda want a second opinion.

B2

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Another interesting side effect of our condition is that now Ean is a psychic blank. Nobody can hear our thoughts, nor are they aware of our presence. This makes subterfuge a very attractive option.

Isn't this a reason why we can't go with B? If Marduk sees us in the tournament but can't sense us, won't he realize we aren't ordinary human?

A1

ScubaV

Prophet
My guess is that higher life forms are needed to boost power capacity (i.e. the container), but lower life forms, like the animal diet we forced her on, are probably sufficient to at least not lose any power. You seem suspicious of her, yet you're still voting 1 for the second choice. Why?

I prefer A over B because I don't think we are strong enough to kill Marduk directly, even with the element of surprise. While A defines our goal as assassination of lieutenants we may still have a chance at commanding rebel elements. I think it plays to our strengths better than playing politics with Marduk directly (see: Sargon, Astarth, Aphrodite).

newcomer

Learned
A1

By the way, can we test whether our power increase / at least not decrease by eating living animals like Sekhenum did?
And do we need to eat human flesh raw? Can we cook & spice them first :troll:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Another interesting side effect of our condition is that now Ean is a psychic blank. Nobody can hear our thoughts, nor are they aware of our presence. This makes subterfuge a very attractive option.

Isn't this a reason why we can't go with B? If Marduk sees us in the tournament but can't sense us, won't he realize we aren't ordinary human?

A1

Sekhenun knows how to emulate a human psychic presence, as you noticed in the update. Cooking makes the food less effective, but it's more tasteful, definitely.

newcomer

Learned
Sekhenun knows how to emulate a human psychic presence, as you noticed in the update. Cooking makes the food less effective, but it's more tasteful, definitely.

Let's go.. for a date :smug:
with Sekhenum :smug:
with a candlelight dinner setting :smug:

And for the dinner itself... A human steak, roasted Gieloth meat, blood cocktail, ect. :incline:

Tigranes

Arcane
A2

I don't see what the benefit is with 1 - she hasn't brought it up herself, and she remains capable enough at the moment to help us re. Marduk and everything else. Why would she need us if she can return to the domineering monstrosity she was in Egypt?

Seriously, it's a terrible choice, and we've made enough terrible choices at the moment. We need to stay pragmatic and make choices we can handle.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
So the question that begs asking, is our container small or do we not have enough water to fill it? If it's the container then recovering our old powers would simply be a matter of feasting on gieloth, if it's the water then we can do nothing but wait.

I don't see what the benefit is with 1 - she hasn't brought it up herself, and she remains capable enough at the moment to help us re. Marduk and everything else. Why would she need us if she can return to the domineering monstrosity she was in Egypt?

She was reasonable before she agreed to our conditions, I don't see why that would change. Perhaps we can release her to feast only on certain types of humans, such as bandits/outlaws.

I'd value The Brazilian Slaughter's insight on this

Baltika9

Arcane

Let's go.. for a date :smug:
with Sekhenum :smug:
with a candlelight dinner setting :smug:

And for the dinner itself... A human steak, roasted Gieloth meat, blood cocktail, ect. :incline:
My thoughts exactly. Although, I'm more in line with Shulgi Nicoise, Naram à la Rouennaise and Crepes au Marduk.:smug:
A- With all the human sacrifices, Marduk really is as close to a god as the world has now. Ololo all tentacles must die isn't going to work on him. Let's see where this leads. If I'm right, Sekhenun is going to install herself God Empress. With all our help, asking for a couple of armies isn't going to be too much. Or, she'll just subdue us and put us in a lab. Proceed to the twentieth millenium, and we're suddenly Horus. And they ask why he rebelled.

1- as I said, we can't say shit to Sekhenun about "no eating people" now. Told ya this was about survival. Guess they're not as evil as we like to think.

treave: I'd like to know if she knows the effects of devouring Immortals and Masters. Especially masters. I'z got me a kunnin' plan. That golden bull. When Ean is ready, summon a Master, then proceed to eating him/her/it. It's going to take us a couple millenia to get to a Master's level (if we survive, which I doubt), and shouldn't be done lightly, because as soon as they get over the "shock and awe" stage, we're going to be higher on the hit list then 'ol Osama.

Tigranes

Arcane
So the question that begs asking, is our container small or do we not have enough water to fill it? If it's the container then recovering our old powers would simply be a matter of feasting on gieloth, if it's the water then we can do nothing but wait.

She was reasonable before she agreed to our conditions, I don't see why that would change. Perhaps we can release her to feast only on certain types of humans, such as bandits/outlaws.

I'd value The Brazilian Slaughter's insight on this

No she wasn't, she told us to fuck off or die, we didn't fuck off, and she only let us off because of a greater threat; subsequently, she started being reasonable when we kicked her arse and were about to destroy her completely. Seriously, what? Do you really think Sekhenun would give a shit about us if she were to take over and become the new Zeus or Marduk? Look where the idiotic Theseus bro-loving got us, we'd have to be really really thick to think Sekhenun is our Deionarra.

We don't need her to be any more powerful at the moment - we need US to be more powerful. She's most useful to us as a knowledge base and an advisor, someone who can give us new ideas and guide our actions. Even now in our state, if she were to betray us we probably wouldn't be able to take her down so easily. So why do you want this healthy working relationship to turn into one where the other party has all the bargaining chips?

Seriously it really really is not a good idea. It has to be x2.

Baltika9

Arcane

What you're forgetting is that Immortals are made for fighting and killing Gieloth. She was rather justified in her reaction: self defense. If it were me down there, I wouldn't even give a choice, I'd just kill the guy.

Now that our "leash" is off, and she is an exile (might want to look into that he/she/it thing), she really has no need to kill us. But, you may be right in that making ourselves scarce after she becomes Empress might be wise.

Theory: Gieloth are the Masters' failed first attempt at creating Immortals.

TOME

Cuckmaster General

A1

So voting B gets us improved psychic abilities? Makes B more tempting but still I like to involve people in our plan. We need to inspire another do-gooder tale.

oscar

Arcane
Fucking hell, miss three updates because alerts stop firing.

A1. Though I believe we should reinstall ourself as King of Sumeria. But as a benevolent ruler.

Esquilax

Arcane
The only reason I'm voting 1 is because I hate hypocrites.

Likewise.

So you're willing to risk Sekhenun fucking us over... because it would be hypocritical not to. That makes no sense.

Sekhenun hasn't even raised the issue or brought it up to begin with, so why let her run free when she hasn't even asked for it? You're making concessions to her when it's not even necessary. Wait a bit, feel out her intentions with this Marduk/Zeus thing, then decide whether we should keep the same deal going.

I don't think it's as bad an idea as Tigranes does, because should Ean feed on a few Gieloth lieutenants to regain his power, stomping Sekhenun and putting her back in line shouldn't be too hard. He curbstomped her back in their first meeting, you add telekinesis into the mix and I don't think she really stands a chance, even in her prime. If only we had Anbar-Shi...

I suppose it does make sense from the standpoint of fostering some trust between us, but I definitely think there's something to all of this that she's keeping secret from us.

Here's one thing she probably neglected to mention: a big container, with a lot of water in it, probably requires a lot of sustenance. The more powerful we get, the more we'll have to eat to maintain ourselves.

You’ve become this very interesting abomination that I would love to experiment on, but that’s not what I promised you.”

I have a feeling Sekhenun wants to use our unique condition as an Immortal with a similar hunger to the Gieloth to create some sort of cure or vaccine for her species' cannibalistic curse. Very nice, but where does that leave us? Maybe we'll find a way to create more Immortals like ourselves and procure some other poor fuck to be her test subject. Might I suggest Naram? I like Shulgi better with a leash on him.

From what little we know, it's clear that the Masters really fucked this up and that they are to blame for Earth being a battleground. Seems to me if the Gieloth curse were cured, they would have no reason to stay on Earth anymore.

Anabanana

Augur
To clarify, I think 1 is a horrible idea, but I just fucking hate the idea of Ean having soylent green for dinner while denying Sekhe the same. That's the hypocrisy I'm talking about.

Tigranes

Arcane
Great, so we know it's a horrible idea, but after choosing to become a flesh-eating monstrosity, we are going to take higher ground... on EXACTLY the one decision that will probably lose us our only ally.

Lovely to see you there, Obsidian Embers...

Anabanana

Augur
Hey, I never wanted to become a flesh-eating monstrosity in the first place. I voted to let Ean die, remember? Seriously.

Honestly, I really don't mind if other people vote otherwise. I just don't want to do so personally.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom