Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Baltika9

Arcane
I meant if we don't use them for fuel. And what about Kyrie, or did she separate herself from the mass?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
A - Let's set Dio up the bomb!
A - Perhaps some of the Masters won't be willing to side with Dio on Sheldon's orders. One (Stella?) had an understanding with Shulgi. Mike and Rory might be distraught by Cooper's fate.

By the way, any sign of Adrahasis?

TOME

Cuckmaster General
And most importantly, is Garland still alive?

Oh well, might vote now so I don't miss out yet again. BA for now.

Last edited:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I was browsing older post and and found this.

1. How did you gain entry to the Academy?
A. Academic scholarship.
B. Athletic scholarship.
C. Political connections.

2. Are you more of a pragmatist or an idealist?
A. Pragmatist.
B. Idealist.

3. Do you like making friends?
A. Yes.
B. No.

4. Are you good at making friends?
A. Yes.
B. No.

5. Is lying ever acceptable?
A. Always.
B. Yes, if it is necessary to avoid greater harm.
C. Never.

6. From the list below, select the one thing most important to you.
A. Relationships
B. Power
C. Knowledge

7. Would you sacrifice the life of a loved one to save a hundred strangers?
A. Yes.
B. No.

8. What attracts you in a partner?
A. Looks
B. Smarts
C. Athleticism
D. Personality

9. If you are unhappy with the state of things, you would rather change:
A. The world.
B. Myself.

10. Do you want to live forever?
A. Yes.
B. No.

Not sure if relevant, but Senya didn't want to sacrifice loved ones back then.

Esquilax

Arcane
I don't see the Jupiter Bomb plan working out:

One of our engineers, Islington, suggested detaching some of the Jupiter Bomb’s slave triggers and using those in place of our generators, but the process is irreversible.”

“What would happen to the bomb?”

“At best, it would be severely weakened, though they don’t know by how much exactly. At worst, it would fail to explode when we need it to.”

“It won’t blow up on us?” you ask, slightly concerned.

“Well… the techs don’t think so. At least, they muttered something about confidence intervals and then told me it probably wouldn’t blow up when they removed it.”

I think we'll have to use the victims of the Gray Death as fuel here, sadly. If the bomb doesn't explode, then Dio will grow even more powerful in this place. If you combine that with a battle royale here, the result is... pretty fucking bad. You face a Dio that is growing in power while simultaneously having to deal with even tougher Masters. I think the only way you can play this is either AB or BA.

BA for now

Baltika9

Arcane
He changed, drastically. See the denial of his darker self.

Also, using the bomb is stupid: rule of thumb, if you're not sure your explosives will work, don't use them.

Baltika9

Arcane
Sadly, we have bigger things to worry about than ghost waifus and dissassmebled masses of data.
BA
Then again, remaking the Gieloth would have been pretty neat. Everyone gets a tentacle!

Tigranes

Arcane
One key question is whether fighting in Dios presence or absence increases any Masters' chances of defecting. E.g. Mike and Rory. I suspect Sheldon or Stella would be more willing to turncoat or waver if they saw what Dio will soon become.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The bomb might or might not work, yes, but no one's gotten around to telling Senya that. :lol:

No sign of the other immortals, might be dead or wounded or doing other stuff. Garland is presumably still alive.

I'll probably be looking to update today, in about 18 hours or so, but we'll see where the discussion leads first.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, seeing as the option to power up is there no matter what, if the bomb doesn't work you fall back on B, naturally.

Tigranes

Arcane
Surely there is, or we wouldn't have such a choice. E.g. the bomb may be useful even for another purpose.

I'm leaning towards single theatre battle, brownie points for allowing a private showdown really doesn't make characters like Sheldon harbour any goodwill towards us. The only way to get Masters out of the way is show what a Grand Dick Dio is becoming or kill them.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
There are three rather obvious outcomes to A.

1. Bomb goes off and kills Dio.
2. Bomb goes off and only wounds Dio.
3. Bomb doesn't go off.

As for absorbing the souls, there's no inherent difference to doing it now or later.

Jester

Arbiter
Well, seeing as the option to power up is there no matter what, if the bomb doesn't work you fall back on B, naturally.

Is there any disadvantage to falling back on the other option?
Probably he will have more power so we will use more data or mby not.

i vote AA due to role playing, Senya don't know about bomb and i think it would be stupid to drag this half galaxy and end up not even trying to use it.

Tigranes

Arcane
Bomb goes off and kills not only Dio but everyone else, or at least some of our allies?

Esquilax

Arcane
Bomb goes off and kills not only Dio but everyone else, or at least some of our allies?

My prediction if we pick A is that the bomb will not go off, but it will be dormant. Someone will have to go and set it off manually. This probably means a heroic sacrifice by Ean, but hey, maybe Shulgi will surprise us. Ean pulled off the heroic sacrifice the last time Dio was around, perhaps Ean's old rival/new friend will return the favour. Likely, this means that Dio will rapidly become more powerful and approach closer to omnipotence.

Goddamnit, this Sheldon guy is a fucking idiot:

“My name is Sheldon, and I am offering you a proposal.”

I thought we were friends, Sheldon, says the eye mockingly. You are just delaying the inevitable. My victory.

“Your friends tend to meet a nasty end, Diogenes,” laughs Sheldon, before he resumes addressing me. “Arbiter, I have a proposal. Whoever takes Iae’s place really does not matter to me, but I have a score to settle with your friends over there.”

He masterminds a plan that is obviously a bad idea because Dio is an egomaniac to the point where laws of reality don't apply to him. Then now when shit inevitably hits the fan and we try to mitigate it, the guy wants to fight the people who want to take out the person he planned on enslaving in the first fucking place. Fuck these assholes.

However, if we have a battle royale here, perhaps having everyone in one spot might actually allow us to win them over. They might be enemies now, but perhaps they might come together if/once Dio becomes too powerful. If Sheldon and his Masters abandon this place, then maybe fighting Dio is easier short-term (in which case BB is the way to go to beat him down ASAP), but we could turn this crisis into an opportunity if we play our cards right.

This guy says that he doesn't care who becomes Iae, but he must know that Dio sees him as a threat and will inevitably wipe him out. He might be stubborn and motivated by ego, but I think he'll change his tune quickly once he realizes that Dio will kill him if he doesn't smarten the fuck up and help us.

I might flop to BB; generally relying on metagaming a lot can be a disaster, plus I wonder what the downsides to using the Grey Death ghosts as fuel to beat Dio would be. There must be a downside. Nevertheless, I'm fairly sure that BB would put Dio out of the picture. One-on-one, he wouldn't be strong enough to deal with Senya under those circumstances.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, we could give Colonel Camna the chance to gloriously sacrifice himself to ensure the bomb goes off...

Kayerts

Arcane
AA

Before Sheldon and Ean square off for their slap fight, can we point out to Sheldon that we are currently one of two options for the new god, and the only one who--for the moment--does not have a reason to want to consign him to an eternity of damnation?

I wonder what the downsides to using the Grey Death ghosts as fuel to beat Dio would be. There must be a downside.

According to treave:

You'll burn them [the victims of the Grey Death] up as fuel.

(implying that they won't be recoverable anymore, so, no more Kyrie)

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
We have a friggin' bomb-ship shaped more or less like a sword, and the captain of said vessel is a great proponent of ramming action. How can we not ram it in Dio's eye?!?

AA

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom