Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Prepare for RAMMING SPEED! :yeah:

Ahem. Option B

ScubaV

Prophet
Hmm, I'm undecided, but B does sound tempting. What better way to introduce ourselves to the Empire than with a little ramming action? I think I can guess which option Storyfag is gonna pick though. :lol:

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
A. These cannons of indeterminate type have me a bit worried. I don't want to choose a strategy that relies on our ship surviving a salvo. Better to go with the CF option. I'll change my vote if I'm convinced the cannons aren't a threat, there's a bit of room for interpretation there.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The cannons remain a threat in A as well. If you're concerned about them, you'd have to avoid them altogether and do either C or D. :M

B tickles me the right way much more though.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I think I can guess which option Storyfag is gonna pick though. :lol:

Hmm? Pray tell.

At this point I'll limit myself to saying that B is beyond retarded. We suspect they might have something importand aboard. Most likely prisoners. And you want to risk them in a potentially disastrous manouver? What if the ramming action results in the Belesis' destruction?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
IT WILL BE GLORIOUS!! :flamesaw:

Seriously though, I thought we should have gone to investigate the signal, but seeing as we chose to intercept this vessel, I want it done quickly. And B, as silly as it might seem, actually seems to me as the quickest way to accomplish this. Note, the ramming would be immediately followed by a boarding action.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

C - This thing took out two cruisers and barely got scuffed. (Though I'll note that whatever other imperial ship was there did get destroyed...) It is highly likely that any ramming action would fail miserably against that armor - provided the indeterminate cannons aren't black hole guns or something and we don't even make it that far... A has a similar chance of failure.

D is the worst option by far. Anhur's quantum computer alone would allow Marduk/Ean's penis to conquer half the galaxy, to say nothing of the black hole generator and wormhole tech... We cannot allow ourselves to be taken all the way to the Empire. Besides, our objective should be anything but ending this war. If either side wins and makes it to the center of the galaxy, the Masters will have won.

My vote is C, but I'll flop to A if C isn't going to make it. The CF has time and again proven superior to the fighter due to animu logic and keeping the SoA out of the reach of those guns is better than getting slaughtered up close.

The one problem I can see with C is that we don't know what sort of officer they'll be sending. If it is Marduk, it could be a gieloth. If not (why would the masters let him survive btw?), it could be an immortal or similar. However, I'm still convinced it's our best option.

ScubaV

Prophet

Hmm? Pray tell.

At this point I'll limit myself to saying that B is beyond retarded. We suspect they might have something importand aboard. Most likely prisoners. And you want to risk them in a potentially disastrous manouver? What if the ramming action results in the Belesis' destruction?

Why the one with the most potential for lore dumps of course! D!

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I'm late to the party. Can someone summarize the first 383 pages of this thread? I got this page covered.

Baltika9

Arcane
B, you had me at "boarding action." Senya needs experience in combating Imperial forces and it was quite a while since he choked someone out.

That and I don't want to be stuck with Tarliss' sekrit misshun, we have more important things to take care of, like Terra's military.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
The cannons remain a threat in A as well. If you're concerned about them, you'd have to avoid them altogether and do either C or D. :M

B tickles me the right way much more though.
Our ship could flee, and with the mobility of the Anhur we should be able to dodge their barrage meant for much larger objects.

I won't vote for C because in their minds there's still the possibility that we're who we say we are, as soon as they board us they'll discover this is not the case. When they discover that, given that they have precious cargo onboard, they may think the best course of action is to blow us up.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You won't be piloting Anhur. It's still not operational, as mentioned in the update.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Ah, my bad. That does make A less attractive of an option. I'm still not wholly convinced on B though, but it seems like it's going to win anyway.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Hmm? Pray tell.

Why the one with the most potential for lore dumps of course! D!

I'm not *that* one dimensional. At this point I feel D is counterproductive and dangerous.

C, for now. But I'll flop to A if C doesn't make it. Hell, even to D. Anything to stop B.

Baltika9

Arcane
B isn't as bad of an idea as you think: the enemy commander is extremely cautious, so the cunning approach will be harder because of that. He is pretty much expecting foul play.

Ramming action, however, will most likely take him by surprise, as will the boarding party of superhumans. I'll even bet that if he has any prisoners, the definitely are not on the damaged side of the ship. Best use our element of surprise while we have it and capitalize on his unpreparedness.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

B isn't as bad of an idea as you think: the enemy commander is extremely cautious, so the cunning approach will be harder because of that. He is pretty much expecting foul play.

Ramming action, however, will most likely take him by surprise, as will the boarding party of superhumans. I'll even bet that if he has any prisoners, the definitely are not on the damaged side of the ship. Best use our element of surprise while we have it and capitalize on his unpreparedness.
You actually may have a point. I mean, right now, he's expecting us to either run or let them board us. He's probably drawing up all sorts of contingencies in his head for what to do if we are Star League and how to guard his ship. If the idea of sabotage and infiltration occurred even to Erika, you can bet that it has occurred to this guy.

That's right, I'm flopping to the Baltikan option. Besides it'd be good to allow the captain to finally do what he loves most. RAMMING SPEED!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom