Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Baltika9

Arcane
He appears to have been bro enough so far. B. That, and he's way, waaay putof our league, apparently.
A.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
B, I get the feeling Naram's going to use the sceptre to gain power, or something. Fuck him, Akil's our bro.

If B is short on votes, then C

oscar

Arcane
I wonder what Naram will do if we go B?

The two of us could probably stand a decent chance. But a fighting retreat would be preferable.

newcomer

Learned
Let's just hope this "master" do not reside in Naram's body permanently...

A

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Don't forget Naram's exhausted from his battle, he can't stop us if we do the ritual ourselves. His main power/origin is charisma. Don't fall for his tricks!

Esquilax

Arcane
Don't forget Naram's exhausted from his battle, he can't stop us if we do the ritual ourselves. His main power/origin is charisma. Don't fall for his tricks!

After dealing with Shulgi, it's probably best to take a suspicious approach when dealing with our fellow immortals from now on. Akil so far has proven to be honest, naive even, so if we give the sceptre to anybody, it should be him. Dealing with Akil seems to have far less potential for surprises, and given that we are an immortal who saved his life, if it turns out that Ra blesses him with immortality, it might set a good example for his future behaviour so that he turns out to be someone we can trust and depend on.

Then again, I'm also really tempted by the prospect of C. I know that we chose to beat back in a tactical retreat before to save our bros, but we're no longer within Sukhenun's chamber, so the battlefield isn't quite in her favour anymore. We can see just fine here and there's no ooze coming out of the walls. Even after being out of commission for 300 years, we're still probably more dangerous than Naram is in a straight-up fight too. The biggest problem with C is that it's inconsistent with our previous choice - why go all the way up the temple only to shatter the sceptre? Makes no sense.

Voting B for now, though I'm willing to flop to C. I'm very surprised that so many people are going for A: this is the first time we've seen Naram in 300 years, and we barely even knew him then. We met him for like five minutes back in Sumeria, so Hhe's practically a complete stranger, while we have a far better idea of Akil's personality. Why trust him over our bro?

VOTING C

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
"We cannot beat it on our own, but I know how to use the Sceptre of Ra to summon our master into this world and defeat it."

"Our master?" You are puzzled. The voices have told you of no such thing.

Uh, we didn't think it was important... but we can explain it later.

"You appear to be gifted with less competent aides, old friend. I will explain it all, but first we must..." he trails off.
Quite a nice little plot twist, eh? Tempted to vote C just to encourage the idiot voices to be more forthcoming in the future... Fuck it, C. If they wanted to keep us uninformed and stupid, let's act the role ;)

Baltika9

Arcane
"We cannot beat it on our own, but I know how to use the Sceptre of Ra to summon our master into this world and defeat it."

"Our master?" You are puzzled. The voices have told you of no such thing.

Uh, we didn't think it was important... but we can explain it later.

"You appear to be gifted with less competent aides, old friend. I will explain it all, but first we must..." he trails off.
Quite a nice little plot twist, eh? Tempted to vote C just to encourage the idiot voices to be more forthcoming in the future... Fuck it, C. If they wanted to keep us uninformed and stupid, let's act the role ;)
Yeah, those two-bit, back stabbing pices of shi-

Oh, they're supposed to be manifestations of us. Damn.

anus_pounder

Arcane
A.

Judging from how weak he seems to be, I'm sure we can put down any bullshit he attempts before things get out of hand. That and I like this guy.

Esquilax

Arcane
A.

Judging from how weak he seems to be, I'm sure we can put down any bullshit he attempts before things get out of hand. That and I like this guy.

Okay, well once he does whatever he wants to with the sceptre, then things will already be "out of hand". What then? It's extremely naive.

Baltika9

Arcane
Flipping to B. If Naram really wants to summon our master, he won't care who does it.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Regarding inconsistency, the voices can sometimes be vulnerable to flip-flopping... so to speak. And your telepathic senses tell you that Naram is sincere about wanting to destroy Sekhenun using the Sceptre. He's not lying to you about that.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
But do we really want to summon our master? What if it means another/more powerful immortal walking around? I don't want to take that risk but don't want to break the scepter either. Besides, with Naram's help we could surely defeat the tentacle.

Fuck, going for B.

Bloodshifter

Educated
A Naram's the only reason why we were able to wake up unmolested if anything we owe him a favour since he killed Shugi
I think I missed the part where he buried us and kept our location hidden.

He didn't bury us our people did but he killed Shugi do you think Shugi would just leave us alone if we came back to life in his dominion?

Baltika9

Arcane
He didn't bury us our people did but he killed Shugi do you think Shugi would just leave us alone if we came back to life in his dominion?
We can't be concretely sure about that, since we have no proof anyone knew we woke up.

And on a side note, summoning our Spiritual Liege could backfire spectacularly, but I think it's the only surefire way to kill Momma Tentacle here and now without falling into a coma. The bad side of this would be that Naram and our Spiritual Liege will screw us over soon as we aren't useful anymore. We know shit-all about them, after all.

Collage

Educated
Go with A, but watch him closely. I don't trust any immortal but us.

Flopping to C. Destroying the thing keeps the immortals on a more even playing surface. No sense in handing a rival an advantage, no matter how bro he may seem. In addition, when Sekhenun comes we'll be in a better position to take her on - no hiding behind her warped tentacle-ly she-bro. The shepherd might be forced to tip his hand, too: was his reason for coming here taking down Sekhenun, or going through her to get the scepter?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If Naram's voices told him how to summon Ra or whomever is on the receiving end of the ET-phone here, then why can't we do the same? I'd rather say
D; Take the sceptre and invoke its power ourselves. The voices clearly know about this and haven't told Ean. Now's a good time for them to tell Ean how to work the sceptre for himself. M:

Tigranes

Arcane
C. Shektentacle seemed powerful but not so powerful that we can't defeat her in the open, and Naram will surely help even if we refuse the sceptre, even if he is then pissed about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom