Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Esquilax

Arcane
About 17. I suppose you could be rich brats with eccentric tastes and more money than sense?

:lol:

Sadly, that story would be more convincing if we had the eyepatch.

Baltika9

Arcane
And what did I tell you?
:rpgcodex:
And we're not really seventeen, Rei is in her twenties and is our younger sister. I honestly wonder if we're all that young in the first place (or her real brother, for that matter).

Might as well buy the lingerie collection so that Senya never has to do Kyrie's laundry ever again.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
He lost a game with her (she cheated) and it was a punishment of sorts.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I wonder, if we'd chosen the cybernetic eye, maybe we could've seen more here? And I also wonder if using our special ability with the eye installed would open up even more avenues of information? I mean, a cybernetic eye would probably be able to catch info in a lot wider spectrum than our biological eye.

I'm just trolling here. :troll:
We chose the lens. Let's keep it at that. I vote for buying the mirror, "as we want to recreate this booth at home, for ... our own games" or something similarly sordid.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
But if we go for A, I think we're pretty much certain to be detected in some way; if you had enough access and preparation to set up some kind of fake-mirror-gadget then you're going to have set up more complex surveillance mechanisms than typical CCTV, no?

If the "bad guys" have indeed set up some sort of surveillance mechanism, we have already been detected, and our odd behaviour noted. Meaning we should act fast.

D

I would' however, ask to break it using our ability. Trace the fault lines, etc. We'll end up *cutting* it rather than breaking it, which ought to be a bit less noisy.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
It's just a camera the store owner installed inside the mirror and it has nothing to do with the kidnapping.

C

Baltika9

Arcane
C is the way to go, guys, no need to attract undue attention (A) or act like a douche (B) at the first suspicion. Might be they'll refuse, that way we'll know for sure that something's off about it.

Off-topic question: if Naim got the credit for saving the planet, and we weren't around to tell anyone the truth, how did Kyrie know it was us that did it? Female intuition?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Who's more likely to have saved the world:

a) Mysterious boy with superpowers (and sexy tentacles) she met at school and has went on various adventures with and spent months together and an excellent pilot of a powerful prototype frame known for tactical smarts who tricked her into staying behind while he went off into an extremely dangerous situation,

or

b) Straight-laced childhood friend who is a good, if otherwise unremarkable pilot.

Anyway I would expect that some people on the Kaguya-hime would have told her, unofficially, what transpired. Good thing you guys didn't get it shot down with all hands on board.

Uh, are you still voting for B?

Rex Feral

Prophet
Well I chose A in hope that we do it really sneaky and avoid attracting attention. I hope treave won't make us fuck up by tripping over an alarm or breaking a window.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'm not that unfair. Well, uh, I think it's pretty well established that Senya is good at being stealthy - if he can sneak around the Imperial palace, a shopping mall should pose little challenge, especially if they rely on electronics for security - so that sort of minor mistake won't happen.

Baltika9

Arcane
Yep, sticking to B for now. Count me as D only if it has a better chance of beating A.

I wonder how Naim is dealing with all his undue credit and slander on the person who, among other things, saved his life and his planet. The eventual meeting should be interesting.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
treave, if you want to lock the vote, you can count my vote as a B. Or any other option that has a chance of beating D.

Tigranes

Arcane
Bloodshifter you're going to have to parse that out a bit more so I understand :p

Guys I really am not convinced about B. If the mirror is a way to kidnap the women then removing it doesn't really help us, all we figure out is what the mirror is. So we might learn it's a clever mechanism to do x and y. Doesn't tell us who's kidnapping the women and where they are being taken, which is a spatial question. What will happen is the store employees get suspicious, or they're in the know and thus get really suspicious, or they naively help us remove it then find something weird and it becomes a public brouhaha, or they refuse, etc. There really is no good outcome here.

Flop from C to D to prevent B winning for now, though I'm not a fan of the ruckus D will create. It should be A or C.

Esquilax

Arcane
Tigranes, D is a terrible idea for the reasons I stated already. However, I like your reasoning for C, because the mirror itself doesn't really tell us how these women are being kidnapped or what exactly is happening. I have a feeling that you're right in that we might really be jumping the gun in this situation and acting when it's not really warranted. Based on that, I am flopping to C.

Baltika9

Arcane
Wait, we should be able to investigate this later, after we piece some more clues together, right?
As things stand, B will put them on the alert and waste cash (honestly, who buys a mirror from a dressing room?), D will make them suspicious and make our future inquiries more difficult (as in, make our targets more watchful of us), and A will risk us compromising the mission for a mirror (whatever it is inside, the people behind the operation will know the mirror is broken eventually, that will put them on alert regardless; not to mention the possibility of being captured.)

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The flops. :lol:

Uh, so it looks like D is still ahead, since it's closest rival, B, had two flops away from it.

It's now:
A - 3
B - 3
C - 5
D - 6

Tigranes is actually on to something with the spatial question. If there are no secret passageways, how and where did the woman go missing in broad daylight? There's a few possibilities to consider. It could be that the shop is in on it, and/or the mirror is responsible. The latter could stand without the former, if it is some unexpected, hitherto unknown mechanism. If the former is true, they don't really need the latter.

Baltika9

Arcane
Now I'm really curious. Is the mirror a portal? Are the store attendants cyborgs?
To Full Retard, or not to Full Retard, that is the question.

Tigranes

Arcane
Good, flopping back to C. We should really be examining further. So that puts us at 4 Cs and 5 Ds...

Baltika9, you should flop back to C, as it is our best chance of beating D as you wanted.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I honestly have no idea which way to vote right now.

This is the perfect opportunity
to buy my vote in exchange for future favours, sexual and other

Tentatively voting A as much as AXE SMASH is tempting.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
C - 5, D - 6, the others are at 3 each. If counting TOME's desire for D not to win, it then becomes

A - 3, B - 2, C - 6, D - 6

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom