Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

m4davis

Scholar
A

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, the torrent of As mean that you guys seem pretty sure about this choice. I might not need to wait till Thursday to update, then.

Baltika9

Arcane
Just an note, bros: my gut tells me that A is the kamikaze option. B is the most-likely-suicidal option. But, in the worst case scenario, Ean had a good ride, and his death will not be stupid and pointless. Just as planned, eh Esquilax?

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Tough choice, charge into the inevitable explosion, or retreat. They both have their advantages, B being a tactical retreat to avoid an explosion, with the possible consequence of Marduk recovering enough to take us out and A being... well, yeah, the kamikaze option.

Honour demands A

Screw honour, let's play this smart. Jumping into a pulsing explosion doesn't sound like a good idea, we can finish off the remainder when they stop exploding. Plus I like Eden and want him to live.

<!!!---B---!!!>

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Anyone else get the feeling that jumping into that thrumming, pulsating black, gieloth/immortal mess is going to backfire? Maybe swallowing up Ean as well, ending as some subconscious part of Marduk's mind, much as what would have happened had we followed Nabu back to Sumeria and let Marduk devour us then?

I agree that we need to stop this here and now, and letting those two pieces of Vajra thrum away sounds ominous. I just think this decision is going to bite us, hard, in the rear. No matter if we choose A or B.

newcomer

Learned
treave

What's the shimmering veil? Is it Zeus's shield or Marduk's devouring artifact?

If it's Zeus's shield then A is a terrible option, that means Zeus still have power and is now attempting to call his real self into this world using Vajra...

B

Esquilax

Arcane
Your piece of Vajra begins to shine brightly, rumbling, and you can sense the other two pieces that Zeus had gathering power within the dark mass that is Marduk and Zeus. The shimmering veil now enclosed the both of them, and if you had to do anything soon, you would have to draw close to them.

treave, does it feel like our Vajra fragment wants to fly off towards Zeus right now?

I believe that this choice is what you call the Andhairian Dilemma: Zeus or Marduk, which is better and why? DISCUSS!!!

In this case, I think that Marduk is better. Zeus is making a last, desperate effort to hold off Marduk, and I believe that intervening here would allow him to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. Marduk on the other hand, is nearly dead, and I am betting that even after his transformation, he won't be at 100%. And he doesn't know about Ares. If Edem and Ean can hold Super Marduk off long enough (and perhaps reassemble Vajra along the way), we've got a shot at winning.

If A were the "noble sacrifice" option, I would totally vote for it, but I'm not sure that's the case here. I think it'll just give Zeus the victory and possibly our piece of Vajra.

B

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Fuck hard bites to the rear. We need to make a decision here. I'm not convinced by Esquilax' arguments or swayed by newcomers fear, so I'm for trying to do something decisive. And stupid, most likely.

A

ScubaV

Prophet
You know, Ares may not be arriving anytime soon. He was at least a week from the port when we taunted him and you have to include the travel time of the messenger and of him back to the port. Unless there are extenuating circumstances.

I think I'm going to retract my vote for now and think about this. B may be the better option. It's obvious Zeus can kick our ass at full strength, and since his shield is up it seems he's still fighting off Marduk. Taking on the weakened winner may be the better move. We just have to hope that if it's Marduk, his devouring artifact doesn't instantly power boost him and heal all his damage.

Baltika9

Arcane
Esquilax: Marduk may be better than Zeus, yes. But Super-Powered Marduk with two pieces of Vajra? And a Super-Powered Marduk possessing/melding with Zeus? Thank you very much, but I'll take my chances with Zeus, he's bound to be weakened by being almost devoured. Besides, we must, must get our hands on Vajra and this might be our chance.
Also, every single ending in that chart that had us go up against Super Marduk ended one of two ways: we devour him, or he devours us. Our only shot would be the Vajra, as per treave, and I'm not sure if our chances of getting it back would be better after the whole ordeal. Marduk may even consume it too.
The voices also tell me that we might get the Vajra if we charge in now [/CappenVarra]

treave: are the other pieces of Vajra in anyone's...possession, exactly? Or are they just subsumed in jelly?

Esquilax

Arcane
Good point about Ares, ScubaV. We might not necessarily be able to rely on him as a distraction. Anyways, I understand that in these LP's nobody ever picks the "Sit tight and do nothing" option, but sometimes it's the right call. I'm not entirely sure about B either (both choices are a crapshoot) for the record.

Esquilax: Marduk may be better than Zeus, yes. But Super-Powered Marduk with two pieces of Vajra? Thank you very much, but I'll take my chances with Zeus, he's bound to be weakened by being almost devoured. Besides, we must, must get our hands on Vajra and this might be our chance.

It's not quite so clear cut. I don't fancy coming near Zeus with our piece of Vajra now that he's managed to fuse both components together:

Your choices became very limited when you used that piece of Vajra:
a) nearby Zeus, who can be said to have mastered the use of it
b) on a storm of his own creation

When you take into account Zeus' mastery and connection to Vajra, and the gathering of power right now, it seems equally plausible that intervening would result in our piece getting nicked by Zeus. Maybe we'll end up fighting a weakened Zeus who barely avoided getting devoured, but maybe this Zeus, a cautious god who knows how to take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves, will simply nick our piece of Vajra away from us if we intervene. We didn't even scratch him with two pieces of Vajra, how do you think we'll fare if he has all of them?

But then again, maybe he'll be too occupied with Marduk to do anything about us. I don't know. He didn't take our piece from us during our brief battle, maybe he won't be able to now.

Also, every single ending in that chart that had us go up against Super Marduk ended one of two ways: we devour him, or he devours us. Our only shot would be the Vajra, as per treave, and I'm not sure if our chances of getting it back would be better after the whole ordeal. Marduk may even consume it too.

Not that it applies now that Vajra is thrown into the mix, but this isn't true. In the A New Hope ending, we defeat Super Marduk with Edem's help while he's vulnerable after the devouring.

Edit: Yeah, I think that walking into Zeus' protective veil with our piece of Vajra is really dumb:

The shimmering veil now enclosed the both of them, and if you had to do anything soon, you would have to draw close to them.

Lastly, regarding Marduk with two pieces of Vajra. He's still a Gieloth, so I'm not sure if he'll be able to make use of it. Then again, devouring Zeus might allow him to do so. This really is a fucked up dilemma. I'm sticking with B for now.

Tigranes

Arcane
Well the question seems to be, you walk in on two beautiful yet dangerous women making out with sex toys. Do you join them, or do you get the hell out of there?

:dance:

Esquilax

Arcane
Well the question seems to be, you walk in on two beautiful yet dangerous women making out with sex toys. Do you join them, or do you get the hell out of there?

:lol:

More like "you walk in on two beautiful yet dangerous women making out with sex toys. They may have AIDS, you're not entirely sure. Do you join them, or do you get the hell out of there?"

Baltika9

Arcane

:lol:

More like "you walk in on two beautiful yet dangerous women making out with sex toys. They may have AIDS, you're not entirely sure. Do you join them, or do you get the hell out of there?"
Ahem, a :obviously: and dignified a man as Ean does not engage in such debauchery. To suggest otherwise would be preposterous.
Unless he squeezed in an orgy that we didn't know about.

Edit:
Not that it applies now that Vajra is thrown into the mix, but this isn't true. In the A New Hope ending, we defeat Super Marduk with Edem's help while he's vulnerable after the devouring.
Oh shi... I forgot about that one. I also remembered that Marduk will still be vulnerable after feeding. Or the two pieces of Vajra can tip the balance in his favor, severely weakening them.

My, what a delicious dilemma. Undecided for now, I need to circlejerk a bit more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom