Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Elfberserker

Liturgist
A

I think Absinthe has nailed it and I do think that we are powerful enough to escape, if Bai Jiutian tries to ambush us.

I think there is one thing that stops either us or him to try kill each other, one very irritating Zhang the lesser.

Call me optimistic, but I think that Bai jiutian and his little group are in very delicate position in hueshan so I do not think they will try to kill us if we go to negoatite alone.

Baltika9

Arcane
I can almost guarantee that someone will interrupt our meeting. Someone like manxing. Fuck, I'm starting to think that B may be the better option. With Yunzi's 6 stealth and 6 Bow, she can be our cover in case shit goes south.

ScubaV

Prophet
B > A

I don't often agree with Nevill, but I also hope there is a Girls' Talk update. Would make for some interesting flavor, a la Zhang Jue's adventures in Japan Nippon.

Absinthe

Arcane
If we go with A it will be BJ's responsibility to keep Zhang Manxing out of this, and I'm pretty sure BJ will make sure of it.

Baltika9

Arcane
If we go with A it will be BJ's responsibility to keep Zhang Manxing out of that, and I'm pretty sure BJ will make sure of it.
Yeah, well, that dude is unnaturally lucky. Not saying we should be afraid of him, jsut that we should be prepared for the possibility.

Absinthe

Arcane
I think that was mostly a combination of his good luck plus our shit luck and us not going all-out. Bai Jiutian's luck should fare better and I'm sure Manxing dropping in on the meeting is the last thing BJ would want, so he'll expend some proper effort in making sure Manxing stays the fuck away from this. Considering BJ's talents for manipulation, I reckon we won't have to worry about Manxing in A.

I think it's more likely Manxing could drop by if we do F because Manxing seems just enough of an annoying fuck with no concept of proper hours or personal space to show up at this time of night to harass his elder disciple.

Shit, that would make for a lulzy plot. Manxing catches Xu Jing naked in the bathroom with Bai Jiutian then Xu Jing (still naked) immediately goes after Manxing while BJ mostly stands there and goes "what the fuck do I do?" as his brain shuts down from the insanity of the situation. Man, there'd be a serious faggot reputation in the works though. We also wouldn't get much of that conversation done.

Last edited:

profreshinal

Arcane
Codex gonna codex.
In a closed room together with another man? Take of your clothes to force him to do what you want!

Updated my vote to include it.

Tribute

Arbiter
B>C. There is no way in hell I trust Bai Jiutian to go meet him, alone, in a place no-one else knows about.

Tribute

Arbiter
Us dying and nobody ever finding out the circumstances? He could just toss us off a cliff, and no-one would have any idea where we went or what happened to us.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It would make sense to be cautious if this place we are standing at was any more safe to us than a place no one knows about. But it isn't.

What difference does it make to us if the circumstances of our death are known?

Baltika9

Arcane
I'm pretty sure that offing the MTP would gain him more prestige. And we can kinda attack him back if he attacks us.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, I'd imagine he is still stronger than us.

But really, he is not going to kill us unless he learns all he needs to learn from us.

Whether this is a reassuring thought is up to people's imagination.

Absinthe

Arcane
Us dying and nobody ever finding out the circumstances? He could just toss us off a cliff, and no-one would have any idea where we went or what happened to us.
He could just do that right now. He doesn't need to hide the body. All he needs to say is that we broke in and we were up to no good and kill us. It's legit and people would take his word for it, especially with our shitty reputation.

Also, our allies would know where we went and what happened either way.

However, I don't think Bai Jiutian is that much stronger than us. While he'd have the upper hand in a sword fight, we sure won't go down easy, and if we make a run for it we'd probably succeed. Plus he wants info. He has a vested interest in actually holding a private conversation.

Besides:
It would be easier to talk about such things when he isn't yet fully convinced you have the skill and might want to tease some information out of you to be sure. The both of you would have something to offer the other, making for a tense and strange but perhaps workable relationship.

It sounds like we can actually make this work.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Hm, I just realized we have a pretty good chance of swaying Bai Jiutian to our side right now. Nie Wuxing finally has his male heir, Zhang Manxing is usurping his position as the favored disciple, and the Zhang family dislikes him. This means Bai Jiutian's only role left is to be a pawn in their games with no hope of real advancement. If he helps us expose the Zhang family's dirty dealings and Huashan's involvement, on the other hand, he would be the prime candidate to lead Huashan after the scandal while assisting Song Lingshu would also give her reputation the sort of boost that would delegitimize Mao Sanjiao's control of Qingcheng which was becoming a threat to Huashan. On the other hand if he doesn't help us, they're going to slip the chain around him and make sure he just does what he's told.

He has some strong incentives lined up right now to quietly assist us from the shadows.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Treave, what do Jing's instincts say about whether Bai Jiutian is being honest? I know he's usually better at staying unreadable than that, but his composure is gone at the moment. And does Bai Jiutian seem rushed or worried that we might get caught here?

He doesn't seem too hurried in regards to time, just worried in general. That, and he's very clearly unhappy about the surprise.

Baltika9

Arcane
He doesn't seem too hurried in regards to time, just worried in general. That, and he's very clearly unhappy about the surprise.
Yeah, flopping to F>A.
Get BJ out of his comfort zone completely and dominate the comversation.

Baltika9

Arcane
A naked Jing has a CHA score of 10 due to sexiness. What are you talking about? This is the perfect way to seduce him.

Absinthe

Arcane
At first I thought your proposed faggotry in this thread was a joke. Now... I'm not sure anymore.

Esquilax

Arcane
“Stop your baseless slander. My relationship with shimu is not like that,” he replies. “She is like a mother to me.”

“…you do know that makes it sound even worse, right? Tian'er?” You adopt a sweetly tone, mocking him. He does not respond well.

treave, what does Tian'er mean?

As for BJ's offer:

Bai Jiutian seemed to be rather interested in examining the bodies of the bodyguards, though he ended up making no conclusions... at least none that he shared.
"You mean, your conversation with your shimu? Don't worry. Nothing incriminating. If you do not believe me, you are free to try and force the truth out of my lips." Smiling, you extend your hand towards him, as if inviting him to a fight.

"No, not here. That would be... troublesome." Bai shakes his head and sheathes his sword. “Very well. In a way, it is a good thing you arrived too. I have some questions for you, Xu Jing. This will save me the time of hunting you down later.”

“Oh, what a coincidence! I have questions for you too.”

With a grim sigh, he continues, “Perfect. I have a place where I train in private, near Huangpu Gorge. It is near the northern peak of Mount Hua. If you want to speak, meet me there tomorrow at wu hour, alone, and we can talk without being disturbed. I do not want to risk talking to you here, in Huashan, for too long. If you tell anyone else about this...” Bai Jiutian ends his sentence on a threatening note; it does not suit his gentlemanly persona well, and you can tell that he is not as composed as he appears to be on the outside.

I wonder what questions BJ has for us. I suspect that his questions are related to the investigations he had on the bodies - I don't think it's a stretch that he looked at the bodies and saw that they were killed using the Four Lions Formation, a technique that he probably knows that Zhang Manxing's bodyguards are were skilled at. That being said, I think that Absinthe's observations are really solid, and if he does suspect that we might have the manual, I just don't think that he'd share it with his Huashan brothers who are ultimately more loyal to Nie Wuxing than they are to him.

Also, I just don't think that B would work. BJ was sharp enough to detect our presence back at Qingcheng, so I think he can definitely sense if someone like Qilin or Yunzi is lurking around.

F

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom