Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

profreshinal

Arcane
No, Song casting doubt on Mao's legitimacy puts a stop to his rapid expansion. He'll have to deal with a bit of infighting, and her words can be used by others against him.

Why would there be infighting? Mao already controls the sect and the person to rally behind of for infighting is gone.

Also, he is the one that suggested it, so...

he also says he thinks running away is not the correct idea right before. Meaning he thinks it's wrong and expects Jing to do something wrong.

Baltika9

Arcane
he also says he thinks running away is not the correct idea right before. Meaning he thinks it's wrong and expects Jing to do something wrong.
Of course, Jing can do things BJ can't be caught dead doing. That's the advantage of being unorthodox, but he still wants Uncle Mao out of power and Lingshu's refusal to marry him and rebuffing him with a letter on how he's fucking up the sect will give his opponents all the openings they need.

profreshinal

Arcane
In B Jing doesn't take blame for it either it'll be all on Miss Song herself.

Mao's power growth will be temporarely halted at best. Depending on how good or bad the letter thing turns out.

Baltika9

Arcane
Of course it's on Miss Song, she's the one calling the whole thing off! :lol: The thing is, she's calling it off because Mao isn't good fpr her father's sect and she wants her heritage out of his grubby hands, that's all there is to it.

Wether or not she succeeds will be determined in the future. B2 gives her an opening.

profreshinal

Arcane
Of course it's on Miss Song, she's the one calling the whole thing off! :lol: The thing is, she's calling it off because Mao isn't good fpr her father's sect and she wants her heritage out of his grubby hands, that's all there is to it.

Wether or not she succeeds will be determined in the future. B2 gives her an opening.

A2 would give her a better opening. instead of running from her problems she would stand up and face them, like you would expect from a good orthodox leader.

Baltika9

Arcane
Except in A2 Sanjiao has all the leverage on her, and all we can bring is lukewarm support from Emei and Huashan. Maybe. Point being, she has no political leverage in A2 and neithet does Jing.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
A2 would give her a better opening. instead of running from her problems she would stand up and face them, like you would expect from a good orthodox leader.
A3 - appeal to Sanjiao to concede his place as a sect leader to Lingshu would give her the sect outright.

Too bad it won't happen.

profreshinal

Arcane
I agree it would be also better if in A2 Jing doesn't step to the forefront. Jing openly supporting her isn't going to do her any good. But this is fundamentally still about Song not wanting to marry. Who's going to go the violent road to force Song to marry after all? Song is ultimately the decider about her own marriage.

And we already know that the common person, the staff et all would cheer her for her decision.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Fangshi B2
Esquilax B2
Baltika9 B2
Grimgravy B2
Kashmir Slippers A2
kazgar A2
Kz3r0 C2
Ganymede C1
SirArvedeth B1
GreyViper C1
The Brazilian Slaughter B2
Bloodshifter B1
skaraher A2
Tribute B1
TOME A2
Nevill B2>C1
Anabanana C1 > C2 > Bx (whichever B is in the lead)
Jester A2 or A2 > C1
Elfberserker B2>A2
Absinthe A2>B2
Kipeci Bx > Cx
Lambchop19 B2>B1>CX
Tigranes B2 > B1
profreshinal C1>A2
Ifeex Ax> Bx
Kipeci B>A 1
ERYFKRAD B1>C1
ScubaV A1 > A2
Zero Credibility C1 > A1
Azira x1
Did I miss anyone? Double count?

By my count B2 is actually in the lead, but I really don't want to go through the hassle of adding up the conditionals and I'm tired, so my math isn't as reliable. Anyone care to total it?
You missed my Ax vote

Baltika9

Arcane
Lambchop19, treave is posting tallies right under the updates now. Check it out there. And, yes, B2 is leading by two votes for now.
And you missed Rex Feral, I believe.

Nevill

Arcane
And Akkudakku. Yeah, better leave it to treave. :)

(We have 33 voters again. Laxatives do wonders for reunions)

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
B2 is ahead by two votes and x1 doesn't seem like it's going to be winning, so I've pretty much left Azira's vote as is. Laxatives is a no-go, it seems.

Double-checking is always good, guys.

Bah, the most boring of all choices. Hey, is somebody still counting votes for prayer? If yes, sign me up as well, maybe that would lead to something interesting.

Baltika9

Arcane
Bah, the most boring of all choices. Hey, is somebody still counting votes for prayer? If yes, sign me up as well, maybe that would lead to something interesting.
We're at seven with you. I'll post it sometime later. Anyone else interested in PRAY?

Rex Feral

Prophet
Fangshi B2
Esquilax B2
Baltika9 B2
Grimgravy B2
Kashmir Slippers A2
kazgar A2
Kz3r0 C2
Ganymede C1
SirArvedeth B1
GreyViper C1
The Brazilian Slaughter B2
Bloodshifter B1
skaraher A2
Tribute B1
TOME A2
Nevill B2>C1
Anabanana C1 > C2 > Bx (whichever B is in the lead)
Jester A2 or A2 > C1
Elfberserker B2>A2
Absinthe A2>B2
Kipeci Bx > Cx
Lambchop19 B2>B1>CX
Tigranes B2 > B1
profreshinal C1>A2
Ifeex Ax> Bx
Kipeci B>A 1
ERYFKRAD B1>C1
ScubaV A1 > A2
Zero Credibility C1 > A1
Azira x1
Did I miss anyone? Double count?

By my count B2 is actually in the lead, but I really don't want to go through the hassle of adding up the conditionals and I'm tired, so my math isn't as reliable. Anyone care to total it?
You missed my Ax vote

Yeah, you missed me. I'm for anything that has the lead and isn't C. I think that is B2.

Nevill

Arcane
Rex Feral, your vote is B1>A1>A2>B2 which translates to A2.

If we don't want to drag it further, you might want to update it to a non-conditional.

We're at seven with you. I'll post it sometime later. Anyone else interested in PRAY?
Not unless it can be confirmed beforehand if we get to hora-hora.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Updated Tally:
B2 - 1000
All other options - Do you actually want an update or not? :M

Baltika9

Arcane
:lol: it will be the same stuff only stretched out for two days. Just like it was before.
I think that this current approach of 'I'll type it when I have time' works best, really.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Only a joke. Whatever works best for you, dude. Personally, I'd still be stoked even if it was only once a week - not that I'm pushing for that mind you.

edit: though I like the idea of locking the votes after a certain amount of time. All the discuss and flopping is getting hard to keep up with. Today is different because it's a sick day for me, but it kinda sucks to come back to 16 pages of discuss to read through...

Nevill

Arcane
:lol: it will be the same stuff only stretched out for two days. Just like it was before.
I think that this current approach of 'I'll type it when I have time' works best, really.
You can pack up more baseless speculations in this DISCUSS in two days. And we always can use more speculations. :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom