Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Tribute

Arbiter
Last A vote? Isn't B ahead?
By one, IIRC, meaning if I flopped it would give the lead to A.

You'll need to find someone else to flop to A now.

Fangshi

Arcane
Kipeci said:
How will you know what threat it is if you go straight to Yunzi? We know where Yunzi is and she doesn't seem likely to move, but we have no idea if Shun will be sticking around for a few days or not or even where he is now. If it's the sort of mission that would be best with two, it might be possible to suggest that as an option and go to the Fire Cult to pick up Yunzi, but you won't know if you don't even meet with the guy.

My arguement is that Yunzi and her "cockblocker bodyguard or the week" are simply all around useful assets to have. So it will be a worthwhile task to pursue regardless of what Shun wants us to do.

As for whether or not he will be around, well it works the other way too:

treave said:
The Fire Temple is three days away from here. Sure, you can tell Gao Ying to go tell Shun to wait wherever they are until you finish whatever you want to do at the Fire Temple.

We can ask Shun to wait. If he needs our help he will wait. If not he can handle it himself. The same way that we can deal with Yunzi "later" we can also deal with Shun "later". There is the possibility that things will happen either way but I vastly perfer to pursue Yunzi in this case.

Look the last time we had this choice we chose to help Shun. Now it was fun and all but we also missed out on the lead-up to the challenge and maybe even a chance to avert the tragedy that happened there. Just because Shun begs and Yunzi doesn't does not mean we are not missing important things by going with Shun as well. This is hardly the easy choice so people claim it is.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nothing, really. But I was thinking of voting A, and I'd rather have this tied till such time one side wins.

Kipeci

Arcane
Kipeci said:
How will you know what threat it is if you go straight to Yunzi? We know where Yunzi is and she doesn't seem likely to move, but we have no idea if Shun will be sticking around for a few days or not or even where he is now. If it's the sort of mission that would be best with two, it might be possible to suggest that as an option and go to the Fire Cult to pick up Yunzi, but you won't know if you don't even meet with the guy.

My arguement is that Yunzi and her "cockblocker bodyguard or the week" are simply all around useful assets to have. So it will be a worthwhile task to pursue regardless of what Shun wants us to do.

As for whether or not he will be around, well it works the other way too:

treave said:
The Fire Temple is three days away from here. Sure, you can tell Gao Ying to go tell Shun to wait wherever they are until you finish whatever you want to do at the Fire Temple.

We can ask Shun to wait. If he needs our help he will wait. If not he can handle it himself. The same way that we can deal with Yunzi "later" we can also deal with Shun "later". There is the possibility that things will happen either way but I vastly perfer to pursue Yunzi in this case.

Look the last time we had this choice we chose to help Shun. Now it was fun and all but we also missed out on the lead-up to the challenge and maybe even a chance to avert the tragedy that happened there. Just because Shun begs and Yunzi doesn't does not mean we are not missing important things by going with Shun as well. This is hardly the easy choice so people claim it is.

Well, what we do know is that one of the person describes wanting to meet with us as 'urgent' and the other isn't even expecting us. Making the one who urgently needs to see us wait while we try to arrange a meeting with someone who has no idea that we're coming seems bad when we can just hear out Shun and then decide if we'd prefer to go off and pick up Yunzi for an adventure next or whatever turns out from there.

Actually, the last time we had a choice it was between Shun's constabulary thing and Yunzi's invitation to the showdown, we went with Yunzi's thing. Shun didn't even invite us to the Wudu Cult stuff, remember how surprised he was to actually see Jing in person? He doesn't make requests often, but since he has, as our friend and emperor I think that we should at least hear him out before we go out to chase after a girl who won't know or care about the delay of a single day (at most) if we decide to hear from him. Hearing him out doesn't mean that we automatically go with him, but we do become more informed about our options and I'd really prefer that we do that before meeting up with Yunzi.

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
I can't wait for Gao to kill us. He already thinks that we are a bad influence on Shun, and we keep shoving him to the side when he asks us for help. There has to be repercussions for not helping Shun when we are given chances.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I can't wait for Gao to kill us. He already thinks that we are a bad influence on Shun, and we keep shoving him to the side when he asks us for help. There has to be repercussions for not helping Shun when we are given chances.
Hmmm, I remember Gao Ying pondering whether to kill us or not when we helped Shun kidnap his father.
Is yours the argument for not going with Shun? Because obviously if we are not doing things our way, we do not influence Shun and thus do not anger Gao Ying. :lol:

He wants us to steer clear from the prince, after all.

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
I believe that I have made my argument and opinion abundantly clear.

Gao only tolerates us because Shun likes us. If we keep blowing him off on these obvious opportunities, we may push Gao so much that he will off us regardless of Shun's opinion.

Nevill

Arcane
Gao would be overjoyed if we never saw the prince again. He thinks we make him too soft.

It is by giving the prince all those wrong ideas we are pushing Ying, not by staying away. :P

Baltika9

Arcane
I bet its the douchebag generation making trouble. 2nd generation orthodox scum gonna 2nd generation. We should just pre-empt execute 2nd generation fighters, fucking trash.
I'm down with making them Blood Sacrifices for Khorne.

Speaking of which, are you floppable to B, bro?

I bet its the douchebag generation making trouble. 2nd generation orthodox scum gonna 2nd generation. We should just pre-empt execute 2nd generation fighters, fucking trash.
I'm down with making them Blood Sacrifices for Khorne.

Speaking of which, are you floppable to B, bro?

I'm more of a Tzeentch\Slaanesh kind of guy, but sure.
I think Khorne doesn't exist yet, bro, he appeared at the time of Genghis Khan. We can help his appearance along, through.

Prolly not, I smell the rotting, decaying hand of the Dark Lord of Orthodoxy, Nie Wuxing, may his qi ever weaken and his daughters be fruitful (because we will seed their gardens). We can hear it out, then go back to the Fire Cult. It may even be a mission in which we would not want Yunzi to be involved.

Kipeci

Arcane
Esquilax is there any chance you'd flop back to A in light of the arguments made on the last page? We can at least do Shun the favor of hearing out what troubles are about at home before meeting Yunzi? If we hear him out, I will say that I'll keep my mind open for backing out of Shun's thing if it isn't too relevant for us, but we can't really know what's going on if we don't ask and for the time being it seems that Yunzi's location is more likely to remain stable and known to us than Shun's.

Baltika9

Arcane
I'm more of a Tzeentch\Slaanesh kind of guy, but sure.
I think Khorne doesn't exist yet, bro, he appeared at the time of Genghis Khan. We can help his appearance along, through.
Nah, Khorne, the oldest Chaos God, existsted for a while now
And his name nowadays is Zhang Jue.
:yeah:
Prolly not, I smell the rotting, decaying hand of the Dark Lord of Orthodoxy, Nie Wuxing, may his qi ever weaken and his daughters be fruitful (because we will seed their gardens). We can hear it out, then go back to the Fire Cult. It may even be a mission in which we would not want Yunzi to be involved.
Can't see a mission that our YOLOTIGRESS wouldn't be a welcome presence in. She's a Jing-level fighter.
Point being, we originally came to Turfagistan for her and Rob Halford/Xsaora Vairya, not for anyone else. I'm saying that we'd better follow through on her invitation that she's been waiting for a fucking while now and is very displeased about, before we see the next 'oooh, shiny!' Then bro around with Rob and have Shun swing by for a drink of good Persian arak.
And Shun isn't the only source of information about the Jianghu ifvthat's your worry: Miecao and Qi Liuwu are also around, as are our other BROs.

Nevill

Arcane
I wonder if this mission has us working together with manxing, since he is, too, Shun's man in the pugilistic world and a personal disciple of Wuxung. And no, you can't touch him, because of how indispensable he is for the task. Half of the voters will go: 'we must further Shun's agenda, not undermine it'.

Of course, in B we can just murder him first, then learn about the consequences and fix them later.

Vote A for the ultimate BROxing team! :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom