Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I never thought they were connected because of the names.

It's just the fact that the Flathouse have basically adopted Zhang and they appear to have feelings towards him that strongly resemble guilt. They are also extremely forgiving of his own shortcomings, even considering that he was their disciple.

Combine it with the few facts we know, and the conjencture does not seem all that improbable anymore.

Last edited:

Anabanana

Augur
The funny part is that "Yang Xue" and "Zhang Jue" probably don't even rhyme according to proper Mandarin pronunciation, it's only just that we're English speakers that are butchering it that we think that there's even a connection here.

Nah, it does actually rhyme in Mandarin. But that's probably irrelevant to the hypothesis.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
On another note, I think that since Xue was not meant to roam the pit free and was imprisoned here with someone else, it would be safe to assume that he had eaten the one he shared the cell with, and thus was able to gain enough strength to free himself by a method his captors didn't anticipate.

+

Not to mention, whose blood is it on the walls? The scholars at Luoyang said that he rebelled because of his love for an Ashina woman. Were they imprisoned together.

=

:hmmm:

Nevill

Arcane
That would be an icing on the cake in addition to everything else that happened to him, yes.

What else could shock Jing so?
treave said:
You shiver slightly as you remember the old man’s tale, and whose blood he wrote it in.

Baltika9

Arcane
On another note, I think that since Xue was not meant to roam the pit free and was imprisoned here with someone else, it would be safe to assume that he had eaten the one he shared the cell with, and thus was able to gain enough strength to free himself by a method his captors didn't anticipate.

+

Not to mention, whose blood is it on the walls? The scholars at Luoyang said that he rebelled because of his love for an Ashina woman. Were they imprisoned together.

=

:hmmm:
No spoilers!

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Flopping my vote on the second choice, original post amended.

We don't need to go around being a Qi vampire. Let's instead learn to use our neigong in more ways.

Nevill

Arcane
It's not vampirism! It is a qi absorbtion technique, which is totally different! :P

We never get to play with the cool toys. :(

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Semantics aside, 2A is actually the "do new stuff with your qi," while 2B is more of the same we have been doing, DBZ-style Kamehameha. And honestly, I think qi vampirism is very well suited to our agile, fast and strong fighter to take down opponents more physically powerful than us, like Guo Fu and BJ. Very worthwhile investment that is extremely rare to come by, we just have to be discriminating in it's use.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Semantics aside, 1A is actually the "do new stuff with your qi,"
1A is actually 'give me my Grass Breaking Kick back', which I am also very sad to see winning. I only chose that one back then because I felt we needed at least one tech suitable for combat.

The 'Dex just does not let go.

Baltika9

Arcane
Semantics aside, 1A is actually the "do new stuff with your qi,"
1A is actually 'give me my Grass Breaking Kick back', which I am also very sad to see winning. I only chose that one back then because I felt we needed at least one tech suitable for combat.
Sorry, a typo. I meant 2A/2B. However, there is much more to kicking that Duancao Legs' cutting techniques, kicks are the strongest offense you can have and we have no techniques that utilize our lower body at all. 1A seems a good investment, but 1C is also nice since it hints at a Shouwang upgrade. Either is good, but I really want to get something for our lower body.

Baltika9

Arcane
Right, I'm the one going on 24/7 about getting Jing laid with as many women as possible.

Nevill

Arcane
Hey, I just wanted him to have a decent relationship with someone. Well, someone who is not Shun.

I don't care much for the whorehouses and, in fact, have systematically turned down the options to get laid with random tramps like Lady Jiang. Don't point fingers at me!

Baltika9

Arcane
...I participated in it and I am proud to say that I've avoided the DEVOUR SOUL bandwagon for a while. I'd like to think we've learned from that and would hate for that to become an argument against 2A.

Nevill

Arcane
Did you follow EPIC? I believe we learned our lesson.

root's characters exist to be killed in the most imaginative ways possible. The WHK42 universe is ripe with grimdark.

Yeah, I was not a fan of lawnmower legs either, and this seems to be going that way. Best thing we ever did with that technique is that we lost it instead of something else. 1C could be some kind of upgrade for our claws, which I kind of like as I prefer to specialize a bit. It certainly sounds like the most interesting choice to me - Bat Man Tiger Pig.

Baltika9

Arcane
Yeah, I was not a fan of lawnmower legs either, and this seems to be going that way. Best thing we ever did with that technique is that we lost it instead of something else. 1C could be some kind of upgrade for our claws, which I kind of like as I prefer to specialize a bit. It certainly sounds like the most interesting choice to me - Bat Toad Wolf Spider Man Tiger Pig.
Fixed.

Tribute

Arbiter
Yeah, I was not a fan of lawnmower legs either, and this seems to be going that way. Best thing we ever did with that technique is that we lost it instead of something else. 1C could be some kind of upgrade for our claws, which I kind of like as I prefer to specialize a bit. It certainly sounds like the most interesting choice to me - Bat Man Tiger Pig.
Unfortunately it seems Jing doesn't have enough Artistic Skill to know what these manuals will actually teach him.

Absinthe

Arcane
Voting 1B>C 2A.

2A sounds interesting to me because if leeching Yang Xue's ki will remove his madness, I'd like to see that scene.

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
Unfortunately it seems Jing doesn't have enough Artistic Skill to know what these manuals will actually teach him.

I'm still a smidge butthurt that we didn't go for Yu's lesson on poetry. treave Have we as of now at any point gotten some extra benefit for the levels in Scholarly Knowledge that we took?

Absinthe

Arcane
Not really. This is also the first time in a long time our Herbalism skill has actually done anything. And if we had taken Cao'er along, which appears to have been the superior option, then it would've nothing, most likely.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom