Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

MystiKnight

Educated
treave, if you made Bai Jiutian into a girl I would shut up and never complain about anything ever again. It would be the single greatest choice ever made. Period. I wouldn't care if we continued, reloaded, rerolled, start from the beginning, whatever. Female BJ will be quality entertainment, guaranteed.
Please. I support this with all of my passion.

The BJ update is the best thing that happened to this LP since we have discovered the Frat Bros.
Female BJ and Jing, especially.

Come, Codexia, come and unite under the one flag we can all agree on! Stop your arguments, your pitiful excuses, your eternal campaign to bring others towards a lost cause! Let us all come together in peace and harmony, and enjoy the golden nectar that is Female Bai Jiutain and ghost Jing!

Esquilax

Arcane
If there happens to be a lengthy rollback to whatever point back in the story, know what would be funny? If chapter two generally ends with the imprison of Jing somewhere in or about Youxia city. Rollback in eternity.

Treave might be evil enough to pull this off.

Yep, somehow I have a nasty feeling that rolling back won't mean getting away scot-free. I'm usually the sort of guy who's inclined to think that everything has a price, and that thinking we can pick and choose what consequences we like and which we don't like picking toppings on a pizza is going to bite us in the ass. I have nothing to base this on - maybe treave is going to do just that - but I definitely have a hunch.

Fangshi

Arcane
That would be kind of brilliant, also it would turn Youxia City into this CYOA's version of Shulgi or Theseus (just a place not a person). I can totally see the arguments, "Bro we can't go there, it is totally a Youxia city, WE WILL DIE...."

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Come, Codexia, come and unite under the one flag we can all agree on! Stop your arguments, your pitiful excuses, your eternal campaign to bring others towards a lost cause! Let us all come together in peace and harmony, and enjoy the golden nectar that is Female Bai Jiutain and ghost Jing!
Ghost Jing is not necessary, I like him alive and well. But female Bai Jiutian is a thing.

And the best thing about it is that it can be retconned into the main story. Unless BJ's gender is plot critical for some weird reason.
Indeed it would explain many things about BJ's behavior.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If there happens to be a lengthy rollback to whatever point back in the story, know what would be funny? If chapter two generally ends with the imprison of Jing somewhere in or about Youxia city. Rollback in eternity.

That'd be too spiteful, and not what I have planned. :rpgcodex:

Absinthe

Arcane
Changfeng is not important. Jing getting in contact with the underworld is, and we sought her out for this very reason.

And now we are in (and precicely bacause of what we did for Changfeng, so it paid off, even if not in a way people expected it to). Even if we botched the attempt and got caught, we have proven our intentions. Once we get out of where they would stuff us, we'll have a way to use it to our advantage.
Chanfeng is important. She's not just the key to the underworld or shit like that. She was the assailant in the prologue, she's been implicated fighting against the imperial court, and she has this sideplot with Xiaohou Yu. Her character and her dialogue have a unique importance in this story.

The main character already has a solid group of friends that trust him with their lives. Yu, Fu, Cao'er - all of them would back us up no matter what we do. What we lacked were allies, a force that we can get behind if things get out of hand. I thought we'll do fine on our own, like our master does, but apparently, we can no longer ignore all the enemies we've made, especially since the secret police is among them. The underworld isn't where I expected to find these allies, but it would also be an interesting twist, going from an imperial hound to a rogue agent and a revolutionary in the same vein as Yu.
I don't think it's that easy. If Jing up and vanishes when he was supposed to be there. Especially if it winds up being for a number of years (until Shun is Emperor and can pardon us). If he does that, I think a lot of these friendships get strained. It changes from the "trust him with our lives" to "I guess I trust him." Especially if we've been implicated doing shit this reckless and questionable. Opinions of a person can and do change based on his deeds and absence.

I don't know how the underworld will open up, either. If Jing has to be released with imperial assistance, I think that could very much counteract the chances of an underworld infiltration because people ask "How the F%$# is he still alive after getting caught? How did he even get out? This fucker has GOT to have high up connections in the palace. We can't trust him."

MystiKnight

Educated

That'd be too spiteful, and not what I have planned. :rpgcodex:

treave, things don't always go to plan ;D

And besides, you are the King of Trolls and the most masterful master of spinning despairingly evil tales to troll the Codex. Money says you would have suddenly got the urge to do exactly that.

Baltika9

Arcane
I don't know how the underworld will open up, either. If Jing has to be released with imperial assistance, I think that could very much counteract the chances of an underworld infiltration because people ask "How the F%$# is he still alive after getting caught? How did he even get out? This fucker has GOT to have high up connections in the palace. We can't trust him."
Easy, we make our breakout a bloody mess that fucks up a lot of guards. At that point, no one can judge our street cred: Okay, this dude rescued outlaw pirates from a hundred-man army, is one unorthodox and immoral fucker, and just assassinated the head of the Secret Police. Yeah, he's cool."

kazgar

Arcane
Hoorah!

We now have clarity, savescum or continue, we've dodged the TPK, we have the abilities and wits to deal with what goes ahead of us. (well the character does, us as a collection of people participating in a game i'm less sure of)

FORWARD!

Fangshi

Arcane
MystiKnight said:
And besides, you are the King of Trolls and the most masterful master of spinning despairingly evil tales to troll the Codex. Money says you would have suddenly got the urge to do exactly that.

I would say like any good DM treave is certainly not vengeful, he does not punish us, he just gives us the rope with which we inevitably hang ourselves.

He does not need to trap us or trick us, we will screw it all up again anyway on our own (though I must say it is fun to be a player for once and not the person writing the adventure).

Esquilax

Arcane
Easy, we make our breakout a bloody mess that fucks up a lot of guards. At that point, no one can judge our street cred: Okay, this dude rescued outlaw pirates from a hundred-man army, is one unorthodox and immoral fucker, and just assassinated the head of the Secret Police. Yeah, he's cool."

At this point, we are a bad motherfucker and a renowned outlaw, I'm sure of it. We're in too deep, we're a legit gangster. We're 2 legit, in fact. 2 Legit 2 Quit, even.

0001007854_500.jpg

Indeed, by soldiering on like true bros instead of :popamole: (we already reloaded lalalalala can't hear you) we will save ourselves from a far worse fate than the one that truly awaits us in the event of a rollback. We must suffer now so that we might save ourselves from an even worse fate. Face it Codex, Gangster Xu Jing is your salvation!

Nevill

Arcane
Is there anything more misguided than questioning our friendship with Guo Fu and Yu? Yu have promised us his life, if we ever have need of it. And as for Cao'er, she had already lost us once to the Maniac. Was her reaction when she found us again 'I guess I trust him?'. Didn't think so.

The next chapter is supposed to happen in a year, so 100500 years of imprisonment are also unlikely.

The arguments are getting weirder and weirder.

Esquilax

Arcane
To be honest, I'm not even that upset at the prospect of a rollback. Whatever we go with, it sure as shit beats arguing!

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Let's move onwards then, so that I can forget the horrible butthurt that was the solo assassination. Sphere diplomacy is nothing compared to it.

Esquilax

Arcane
Let's move onwards then, so that I can forget the horrible butthurt that was the solo assassination. Sphere diplomacy is nothing compared to it.

I dunno man, I rather like to think of Sphere Diplomacy as the Gold Medal of Codex CYOA fuck-ups - it's the standard by which all subsequent fuck-ups were compared to. It's the benchmark.

MystiKnight

Educated
Le sigh. I think with Esquilax's vote, my conditional kicks in and we take the rollback. While I could withdraw the conditional, fuck that. One of the first things I posted here was 'Roll with the punches', so whatever. Let us all scream together when the future comes and we must cry,

"NO FUCK MAN THATS GONNA BE A YOUXIA! DONT TOUCH THAT SHIT BRO!"

That is unless treave actually brings up a legit Female BJ option. Then fuck everything, female BJ for great justice.

Nevill

Arcane
treave, if you made Bai Jiutian into a girl I would shut up and never complain about anything ever again. It would be the single greatest choice ever made. Period. I wouldn't care if we continued, reloaded, rerolled, start from the beginning, whatever. Female BJ will be quality entertainment, guaranteed.
Let me show you just the tip of the iceberg of possibilities.

We all remember that scene from about two updates back:
Upon spotting you, Nie Mudan stops in her tracks with a gasp of surprise. You grin and wink at her, causing her to turn a deep shade of red. Bai Jiutian turns to see what you are looking at. When he turns around, a deep frown is etched across his face. “Is that your answer? Do you never take anything seriously, Man Tiger Pig?”

Now, imagine this scene with Bai Jiutian:
“Why do you always act like this?” she moans, clearly frustrated with your recalcitrance. “Don’t you take anything seriously?”

“Let me guess,” you chuckle as you duck her grasping arms, “you thought that if you really beat me in a fight, I would listen to you?”

“Yes! You are arrogant and boastful and perverted. I wanted to show you that-“ –she attempts to grab the skull cap with a wide swing, but fails– “-that there is always someone better, so that you would be humbled and listen. If I beat you today… if I just beat you today…”

She comes at you with her sword, but her movements are sloppy and impatient. Her eyes are tearing up from your bullying.
It fits the story like a glove! It also explains the sudden challenge back at the tournament!

Young Mistress Bai would be such a perfect twist.

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
Uh, I didn't flop. I still want to CONTINUE. But I'm just saying that no matter what, I'd rather move on, though of course I prefer to keep going post-assassination.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
the consequences were probably worse back then but I just didn't get at all why someone would vote the solo assassination when it was so clearly the bad option. I can't remember what I voted in sphere diplomacy but I do remember that it wasn't that clear.

Esquilax

Arcane
the consequences were probably worse back then but I just didn't get at all why someone would vote the solo assassination when it was so clearly the bad option. I can't remember what I voted in sphere diplomacy but I do remember that it wasn't that clear.

It was pretty clear there. It even said SPHERE DIPLOMACY in the option itself. You know it's bad then. :lol:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
At least there is a lot of discussion going on so that's positive. Now, if we could just put the YOLOTIGER on restraints and play it smart for a couple updates...

MystiKnight

Educated
Screw playing it smart. We've reached the point of no return and now we're stuck in a downward spiral of stupid choices. The best we can do is hit a revolutionary new level of stupid that borders on the line of 'Pure and Legitimate Genius.'

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom