Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Lords of Xulima Released

Renegen

Arcane
I downloaded the game following Scrooge's recommendation, having great fun so far 10 hours in. It's a better game than M&MX and it's way bigger too. I have a feeling my party sucks ass though, in the first Prince's castle I could barely do enough dps to overcome the 20-25 healing per turn from priestesses.

Having played a lot of Civilization V also spoiled me when it comes to RNG. It seems that you can double your accuracy and if you have enough you will only go from 80% to maybe 86%. And even with 80% you will miss like 3 shots in a row, empowered Arcane Soldier attacks obviously. The accuracy curve needs to plateau higher, in the 90%+ so that the RNG can be eliminated, or maybe have it changed to pseudo RNG.

Last edited:

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
The Prince's hunting range or whatever it is called is a great spot to get some levels. Decent experience, seemingly limitless encounters and those creatures drop decent loot. I got a couple of levels before going into the castle just because I imagined I would get owned. It paid off for me as I managed to clear the place out without having to run back to town for consumables.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
divine summoner any good?

He's ok. In my opinion, he works best in a 4-2 setup - he has only 2 tanky summons and both are so-so. Raznet is generic, Kersket is good at tanking, but does crap damage. So a 4-2 setup allows you to take 2 aggressive/buffin summons. Out of those, the only one bad is probably Febret - it has random resistance spells and it's kinda bad at applying the right resistance at the proper time. Alnaet has some buffs & some clerical battle magic, haven't tested him that much, but he should be great against the undead & demons. Valvet is excellent at dealing damage and Taliet is a good disabler. Nalaet is an ok secondary healer - she won't replace the cleric, but at times, one cleric is not enough. Golot is the most interesting ones - he's an economical tool, allowing you to turn your enemies into money and, in lucky cases, in items. He starts slow, but they say you can easily earn 1k per mid-game battle (and even in the early game he brought me first 1k worth of money rather fast - mostly in form of items, though).

The biggest thing to understand about summoner is that he's a skill-starved character and, pre-lvl 35, he must focus on maxing out his 2 primary summons ASAP. Even then, I'm not sure you can allow to develop a third one - he also has useful passives, after all.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Ok, fuck the mushroom forest part, I'm stuck alt f4'd that shit. Nearly uninstalled. If that is how I have to progress moving through an area of mushrooms where you can't see the aggro radius without hovering and you can't save in that area then... gg.

Apparently there is a path through the forest if you can very specifically control your character and avoid the 'mushroom radius'.

I could not find it myself but eventually through other exploration I was strong enough to beat them all anyway when I came back.

I played on 'normal' difficulty though. If you pay for some blessings and then buy some resistance items - you might be able to beat them.

I know what you mean - those fother muckers made me mad when my entire party went to sleepy bed time

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Never had a crash or really seen a bug.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom