Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Lords of Xulima, Isometric Turn- and Party-based RPG Announced

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Lords of Xulima

No, not a Kickstarter (yet). Numantian Games write in to inform us they're working on "an isometric, turn-based, single-player 2D role-playing game" called Lords of Xulima.

The game features a challenging vast world where the player has to command and create a six characters party in an epic story between gods and men.

It is a game inspired by old-schools classics like Ultima, Might and Magic, Wizardry (epic story and turn based combat), with some touches of Heroes of Might and Magic (like the exterior map view and static guardian monsters) and even Final Fantasy X (with dynamic queue of turns in combat).

You can find more information at http://www.xulima.com.

Our first trailer:

Very soon, we will start publishing a blog about the development and RPG mechanisms in general.

By the way, Lords of Xulima doesn't scale to your level.​

You can also choose to support the game on Steam Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=128219358

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm always in for turn- and party-based RPGs but what is up with the walking speed in the trailer? This has to be even worse than Eschalon in terms of speed.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
That looks fucking SWEET!

But that....name. :eek:

And the walking speed is going to make people RAGE.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I really like what I see, it does look like a interesting mix. :)

Except the name, Xúlima sounds fucking retarded, but maybe that's due my brazilian reading, is almost as "Lame Ultima" to me...

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
This looks cool! Only thing I am worried about is the mentionend walking speed and the proportions from characters<->buildings look a bit weird.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Interesting... not blown away. Never was a fan of one avatar representing party and the walking speed, ugh! but neither is a deal breaker. The few combat screens I saw were better than I was expecting at first. Will keep this one on the radar.

visions

Arcane
The trailer has clumsy and occasionally incorrect English. I wonder wether the game writing will be edited by someone more proficient. Not a huge issue but could detract from the overall impression if the game will be text heavy.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
:3/5: cautiously optimistic. May back at the last minute depending on ks updates

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The trailer has clumsy and occasionally incorrect English. I wonder wether the game writing will be edited by someone more proficient. Not a huge issue but could detract from the overall impression if the game will be text heavy.

They should start a Kickstarter campaign to hire an editor who is a native speaker. :P

Numantian Games

Numantian Games
Patron
Developer
Greetings from Numantian Games. Thank you very much for you comments.

First, apologies for the english mistakes, don't worry about that because the game will be proffesional translated into english by a native person. Also we are redoing the trailer to correct the mistakes. Again, we are very sorry about that. Further more, we are goign to contract another person (english native but with spanish knowledge) for helping us with the promotion, marketing and testing, if someone is interested we will publish the offer in www.xulima.com.

About the walking speed, the avatar can walk or run (really fast). Tipically you will run when you are in exterior maps you have already explored, and you will prefer walking in dark unknown dungeons. As always, the player decides.

In general, we also dislike games in which you have to walk a lot without doing anything or fighint again and again with trash mobs... Our philosophy is just the opposite: interesting exploration and challenging combats.

And yes, Xulima in English should be pronounced like "Shulima".

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Glad to hear it. We'll be following your kick starter with great interest.

Welcome to the forums, don't mind the locals. They're horribly ill-behaved. ;)

kaizoku

Arcane
looks very nice!

but they need to remove that FPV for combat

and caste Haste

Stabwound

Arcane
It reminds me of a more CRPG-like version of the Dragon Quest series, which isn't a bad thing.

kaizoku

Arcane
I prefer it grid based, like in Chaos Chronicles or W2.

Better control of the characters over the battlefield, for strategic purposes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom