Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Lords of Xulima II is on the way

V_K

Arcane
You don't play a game like LoX for its story. Its plot is about as prominent (and about as good) as in your average M&M game. You play it for exploration and tight dungeon crawling, so in this regards having traps in different places might add to replayability. Problem is, procedural generation isn't really the right way to do that.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Also, may they keep Nico the composer, he made a good job. He even remastered the main theme later when the game was already released

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Just looking at screenshots and gameplay of first game made me sleepy, seems like a jRPG set in those "come play my lord" browser game ads. wonder if this will be different.

imweasel

Great news! Lords of Xulima is one of the better RPGs released in the past few years. I will definitely D1P this.

The grinding in LoX was a bit excessive and the combat could get repetitive, so that is something they need to look at.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Just looking at screenshots and gameplay of first game made me sleepy

That's because you hate everything.

You play it for exploration and tight dungeon crawling

Well, exploration was good, especially mid-game, but the dungeons were kind of meh. Usually too small and no multi-level dungeons from what I remember. They can definitely improve in that regard.

V_K

Arcane
Well, exploration was good, especially mid-game, but the dungeons were kind of meh. Usually too small and no multi-level dungeons from what I remember. They can definitely improve in that regard.
What I liked about LoX's dungeons is that they all (except for maybe a few late-game ones) had a unique identity, a set of mechanics that differed them from each other. Personally, I'd take small but unique dungeons of LoX over endless featureless labyrinths of something like Elminage any day.
Also, LoX is kinda like Wiz7 in the sense that yes, it does technically have a huge overworld, but essentially it's one big dungeon.

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I paid 10 bucks for the first one and got $10 worth of entertainment. For mine, if you are going to make a game grindy, you better have something else within the game that is compelling enough to suffer through the grind. The game just didn't have enough storywise or systems-wise for my attention after about 10 hours.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Just looking at screenshots and gameplay of first game made me sleepy, seems like a jRPG set in those "come play my lord" browser game ads. wonder if this will be different.

You really are that guy, "too cool for school".

This is great news, but for the love of god, they need to remove the forced Ghalen character in party development.

Thats the worst thing about LoX1.

valcik

Arcane
LOX2 badly needs option to turn off combat animations, watching the same repetitive animation in thousands fights is not fun. Also, let me turn off combat music as well, just in case it would be the same short and boring repetitive pattern as in the first gaem.
KTHX

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom