Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Looking for a good Offline RPG...

johnhagner1992

Literate
Hey, I don't actually know this thread would fit in this category, but I'm giving it a go.

I'm looking for a 2D or 3D OFFLINE RPG that plays like an MMORPG, which means:

1) A wide variety of classes: maybe like 14~25 different classes
2) A lot of quests, but mostly side quests and no main quest
3) Items and equipments that are upgradable and rare
4) Farming (?) for money, levels, items, etc
5) Stats can be assigned to your liking
6) There is a skill tree, so it isn't predtermined (so customizable)
7) Almost endless levels... you can get stronger and stronger

I would like it a lot too if the theme of the game wasn't "Dark" per se. More "cute" and "bright" is the RPG I like. MapleStory is the game I really liked and I wonder if there is a game like that offline?

Thank you, any suggestion would be wonders to me.

johnhagner1992

Literate
I played both Fate and Torchlight (1 and 2) and Hack - and Slash may not be what I'm talking about.
I want a game that is FULLY DIVERSE AND CUSTOMIZABLE (like an MMORPG).
Also, I really like 2D platformer RPGs...

But really thank you for your input :)

The jRPG and kRPG's seem to be mostly "cute" (think MapleStory). Only if I could understand their language... sigh

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You could just play World of Warcraft with single player server emulator.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
An offline single player MMO? Sounds a lot like Skyrim. For better or worse...

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Kingdoms of Amalur is exactly what you are looking for it is quite entertaining and feels just like what you are looking for

Minions of Mirth was originally developed as a single-player version of a MMORPG back when that was a novel (albeit fucking stupid) concept. It took me ages to recall the name. I'm not surprised to see it went full retard MMO. Even when it was in alpha - and the game's mission statement was single-player - the forum was full of people crying for social this and social that.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
1t7o88.jpg

Amn Nom

Learned
Try Dark Souls, Darklands, The Dark Eye: Drakensang, The Dark Eye: Drakensang- River of Time, or Dark Sun.

Huh...Final Fantasy 12, maybe.

Can't help you much though, imo you just described the worst game ever

Uh?

1) A wide variety of classes: maybe like 14~25 different classes
2) A lot of quests, but mostly side quests and no main quest
3) Items and equipments that are upgradable and rare
4) Farming (?) for money, levels, items, etc
5) Stats can be assigned to your liking
6) There is a skill tree, so it isn't predtermined (so customizable)
7) Almost endless levels... you can get stronger and stronger

Sounds good to me, as long as farming is optional and doesn't consist of killing the same monster a thousand times for the rare armor that has 1% chance of dropping.

But looking at the replies, looks like most people didn't bother reading past the second line anyway

FeelTheRads

Arcane
An interesting rebuttal. But before we go any further, we have to establish something: do you think this is an universal rebuttal for anything RPG related?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Sir, I'm not dodging as much as I am outright dismissing a plebeian line of thought.

Forgive me, but I insist that my question is adequate. If you affirm with such certainty that there is no such thing as an online RPG, then you should know what is a RPG, correct? It is only logical.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom