Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Linkara Reviews VtM- Bloodlines

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
You're giving me bad flashbacks to my days when I watched TGWTG alot.

Dark times, man. Dark times.

:negative:

post-22461-Hot-Dogs-Nostalgia-Chick-gif-kOY4.gif

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
So-so, I do not remember the review perfectly, but I think his review lacks the perspective of multiple playthroughs, and so he missed some of the story and game-play nuances. Specifically, I do not remember him going into how quests can have multiple resolutions or how particular clans can mix up playthroughs (Nosferatu, Malkavian, Tremere).

That's bullshit. It's only flavor crap. The only difference is that Nosferatu can't go outside without using obscure spell. Malkavians have fancy dialogues which doesn't change anything at all. Tremere are the exact fucking thing as the rest save a few comments about you being a little piece of shit from 2 people.

The alternative ways of completing quests concerns something like 5 quests in act 1 and there's barely any consequences beyond the quest itself. And 2 of these are just flavor alternatives. After that most quests just give you less xp if you fuck up and get spotted.

Don't open it.

It's not like the ending was bad but they could have been more subtle about this thing. Because there was no fucking doubt in my mind that this was a bad thing.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I think flavor is an accurate way to describe it, but I do not see that as a bad thing from a role-play perspective. I think the flavor between clans and quest resolutions is enough to mix up subsequent playthroughs. This is purely my opinion, and I easily can see how someone would expect or want more out of it. Also, if I remember correctly, Tremere get a unique hideout and item from the Tremere figurehead.

With regards to the story:
The "don't open it" line was thrown in the player's face, but that only made my curiosity stronger on the first playthough. By the end of it all, I had a good laugh and I thought it was well-played.

Also, I enjoyed the fan-theory about the emails. Specifically, the emails about chess being from Grout (the psychologist that Nines was framed for killing), and that he was using you as a pawn or at least alluding to your status as a pawn in a bigger game.

The game was far from perfect, but I still think it is unique.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Would be weird considering he was unfamiliar with technology and completely isolated. From the start your friends are listed by the woman on the beach, and the guy sending them calls himself your friend. Which just links it all to the same man.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I thought he was Malkavian, which received visions or whispers with information, in the same way he knew what Lacroix was planning.

Also, for the theory to work, he has to be hiding elsewhere with a computer and internet. I think the crux of the theory is that as a Malkavian, Grout knew that Lacroix was going to pin his death on Nines with the player's help, and so he planned to fake his death.

It's a fun theory, but far from bullet proof.

Notorious

Augur
Why the fuck is this shit on GRPG discussion? Is this bullshit drama what the codex dissolved into?

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
I thought he was Malkavian, which received visions or whispers with information, in the same way he knew what Lacroix was planning.

Also, for the theory to work, he has to be hiding elsewhere with a computer and internet. I think the crux of the theory is that as a Malkavian, Grout knew that Lacroix was going to pin his death on Nines with the player's help, and so he planned to fake his death.

It's a fun theory, but far from bullet proof.

Yes he did receive those. But yes he would need to be both familiar with the tech, being extremely old fashioned as you can see while hanging around his place, and not be completely isolated. When you enter his room you see ... and not a single computer in sight which makes sense considering he lost it and wanted to hide.

Cadmus

Arcane
hmm the face looks like a dude, everything else looks fake, no cameltoe on display....probably a dude

Angthoron

Arcane
hmm the face looks like a dude, everything else looks fake, no cameltoe on display....probably a dude
It's someone that works on the same network as that feminist womyn that went turbo on Spoony for sex stuff. Whaddya think?

Ok, ok. I'll add a quest compass in this spoiler, just in case.

uwFwEC4.png

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ok, I actually tried watching the video from the OP. Couldn't get past the 5 minutes mark: horrible voice and what kind of accent/intonation is he trying to pull? Plus what's with the cameos from those freaks? And then he starts talking about some crap about the game's engine and the issue it caused... anyway, wasn't it made on the then-recently-released Source engine?

Angthoron

Arcane
Ok, I actually tried watching the video from the OP. Couldn't get past the 5 minutes mark: horrible voice and what kind of accent/intonation is he trying to pull? Plus what's with the cameos from those freaks? And then he starts talking about some crap about the game's engine and the issue it caused... anyway, wasn't it made on the then-recently-released Source engine?
Yes, but it was rushed because Sierra wanted to launch VtMB on the same day with Half-Life 2 in a braindead effort to have two cutting-edge games out in the same quarter/whatever/blah, so Troika had to work fast and hard, and couldn't update the engine versions quite as quickly and readily as HL2 for obvious reasons.

So that part is actually correct.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
At most, two posts about the accuracy of the review or game itself and twice the number of posts about the author's state of mind and libido. Codex. Codex never changes.

Let me ask a more pointed question: how accurate do you feel the review was of the game?

Stop being a sheep-cuck and form your own opinions after playing the game. In the time it'd take you to watch this awful "review" you could have finished the tutorial of the game. If you're worried about whether or not you should buy the game, just fucking pirate it since all the money goes to Activision and they legally cannot make a sequel to the game.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think it was a fine review, considering the circumstances.
He is obviously is not a gamer, thus sucking quite a bit. But he gets his facts straight.

He is also pretty fair on the sexist parts of the game.

Jackalope

Arcane
Watched two or three of Linkara's videos a while back. Never found the guy funny, and always skipped the boring LARP-ing stuff. Eventually I found the best way to learn something about comics is not listening to some fedora-wearing dweeb's silly opinions and boring monologes. I'm not surprised to see he still has no sense of humor or anything interesting to say.

As for Vampire: the Mascarade... It's a good game, I played some of it ages ago and had fun. I seem to recall there were some nice fan-made paches that fixed some errors and added some extra stuff.
It's a first person RPG, and that wasn't my favorite genre at the time, so I didn't finish it. I should.

Lhynn

Arcane
Im fucking triggered every time an asshole brings up sexuality in games. I dont give a fuck, no self respecting gamer gives a fuck, only cucks and weak girls do.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom