Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's watch the mong fuck up Paper Sorcerer

Tribal Sarah

Arbiter
What is Paper Sorcerer? Only the bestest, prettiest dungeon crawler you can buy on Steam for the price of a potato.

See -

PSboxart.png

2014-02-22_00003.jpg

4823395_orig.png

Developed by one guy at Ultra Runaway Games. There's a demo available here-

http://www.ultrarunaway.com/

Last edited:

Eyeball

Arcane
I still can't believe how goddamned gorgeous that game looks. I really gotta get around to actually PLAYING the copy I've got lying around somewhere.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
sorry peeps, i thought this forum was all video lps.

You should upload an apology video, begging us for forgiveness live and direct. No more of this half way stuff. We can only judge if you are sincere about your apology when we see your crying, sobbing face babbling incomprehensible at us. Only then are we able to gaze directly into your soul and see if the "sorry" is truly heartfelt or not.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Over all other passtimes, the Codexer most enjoys going into stores with products he doesn't have the slightest interest in going "WTF IS DIS SHIT?!?"

Essegi

Cipher
I've completed this 2 days ago and was a nice play. I've not played any turn based blobber before except Frayed Knights.
Speaking of style i like PS a lot.
No boring cutscenes. no voice, no unnecessary bloat.
And fast play.

I played this at hard (22hrs to complete Steam says, 16 without reloading game says, i wasted some time with game opened). I didn't open 2-3 doors.
I've tried demo in 1980 but seemed pretty brutal...
Most ignorant party possible:
Minotaur: good hp, huge damage (even area damage)
Cultist: good defensive healer, con use some decent armor
Skeleton: great tank that can attract hits, restore defence and regenerate.
I've chosen also the puppet, ghost and shadow, but never used.
late in the game you find also a gaint that could join group if there's room
I've specialized sorcerer in magic
at a certain point you can choose to improve magic or to train as fighter/warrior that should grant use of some bigger armors and use of greatswords, and surely different abilities

Boss fights even too random. I mean, sometimes i got the sorcerer oneshotted. Next try was easy.
I found first 2-3 boss to be the most difficult.
Non boss encounter was for the major part even too easy.
Until 2/3 of game no threat i say... And too simple (btw i enjoyed that, i wanted a simple game and that was good).
The it becomes challenging and you see some more interesting levels.
2 samurai fight was brutal: they have decent hp, hits very very hard even with area attacks. It was the only occasion i used resurrection item. After that cultist learnt revive, lol
The last fights were easy:
last 10 levels of xp were gained too fast, and nil vortex from sorcerer was way too overpowered
There's catacombs too, only last 2 had hard fights (and quite so!), others were no threat.

IA is not very good, certainly it does not concentrate fire (otherwise i think it would have been too hard), only sometimes. At least i saw healing used only when needed, cripple/seal effects not used on members that were sleeping (once i saw a disabling status applied to one disabled minion but i don't remember wich).

Aside that balance/ia issues, i really enjoyed that game.
Play and evil wizard with minions is cool (although you don't really have the chance to play evil or badass). Minions are cool and varied (that makes up for the inability to customize their skills). Abilities are cool and decently varied (and i used a party not based on buff/debuff/side effect).
It should be interesting to play again with a different party.

All in all a fine game.

Some random screens:

i9Dfxgyhe2hBw.jpg

iOK7TKs7gfa2R.jpg

iE4pBSL6jq6wk.jpg

inE0jq7Tggj2U.jpg

ibi7Js3jfiHYf2.jpg

iZ88gompBVjlM.jpg

iVDlkdF1RdTaZ.jpg

Loving that kind of basic animations:
iqhbEGTGESXks.gif

Last edited:

anus_pounder

Arcane
I thought the ending was p.cute. :oops: Would totally watch an animated series based on this game. :kfc:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom