Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's stir the Creature Soup in Vangers - One for the Road

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Part 15. The show must go on!
Commence the investigation!

Oboorez.

- So let's start from the beginning. What is it that I am supposed to do, as a Commissar?
- You're a Commissar right now. To become an Agent, you have to win victories in PeepShow and Nuclear War.

- And how do I win PeepShow?
- I am kind of responsible for PeepShow. When the Election of Castaways comes, the Jablees start pouring peeperettes out on Glorx. The Commissars are supposed to collect them. I receive and register them according to protocol. The one who brings the most wins the PeepShow. Remember, though, we have to be done with this before Progress begins.

- Progress?
- Progress is the time for preparation for Heroism. Oil your mechos and polish your Rubbox!

- You sure you are not just inventing new words on the fly? What's this Heroism?
- Heroism marks the beginning of Nuclear War. Commissars snatch Nucleobooms from each other. It's hilarious!

- I guess that's how you call your cycles here. Never mind that. What did you say about the Election of the Castaways?
- For a Commissar this means, of course, PeepShow. I am always anxious to get those peeperettes. I reward those who collect the most!

- And you say those come from Jablees?
- The Jablees fly out during Heroism and the Election of the Castaways. Whichever Commissar notices a Jablee first is the winner.

- Fine, but what are those peeperettes?
- That's why the Buro introduced the Commissars: they pick up peeperettes and deliver them to Ogorod, and I introduce them to shrubs here.

- So they are something intended for the shrubs? What do you do with them?
- We call our packed castaways shrubs. They are packed in order to keep them out of any mischief. Then I can handle them. You just keep bringing peeperettes here!

- Castaways, huh?
- I am sick and tired of them. The Buro has never sent so many castaways before. They say VigBoo is crammed with castaways - they can hardly cope with throwing them out.

That's the most we can get out of the old man.

We leave the escave, and the first thing we do is throw away that pip item. Stealing is bad, m'kay?
2015_12_23_232550.jpg

We also split a few chosen rocks along the way. Sure, we didn't make it a priotiry, but if we pass nearby, why not check them out anyway?
2015_12_23_234128.jpg

2015_12_23_234135.jpg

2015_12_23_234140.jpg

We are rewarded with this thrilling piece of technology!
2015_12_23_234218.jpg

Incarnator.
latest_cb_20150716093536_path_prefix_ru.gif

A damned gift from the inhabitants of Threall. It’s a mechos stealer. If you’re tired of saving up the beebs for a decent buggy, get this ball. Track down a worthy mechos and throw this gadget at it. If it lands right in the mechos' hold, you’ll become the new owner of the mechos including all of the equipment! The old owner will end up in your ride. They probably made this widget so vangers don’t sleep on the road.

The quickest way to get any mechos you want. I suppose buying an Oxidize Monk and then stealing a Heavy Lady would prove even faster in terms of beeb gathering than even cirt hunting. There is a catch, though. New mechoses don't have rubboxes on them, and the old one self-destructs upon the death of its owner. Meaning that if you do this stuff on Glorx, you are likely to end without a mechos altogether unless you take precautions. The Buro does not approve of this toy.
The cycle is long, so I decided to fool around a bit. Unfortunately, the combat performance of this mechos leaves something to be desired.
2015_12_23_234523.jpg

By the way, that Put-Put stuff I found inside a rock?
2015_12_23_234755.jpg

2015_12_23_234842.jpg

It's a mechos part.
Put-Put
latest_cb_20120218201204_path_prefix_ru.gif

The complicated bowels of some craggy buggy.

But which one? :?
Tossing this puzzle aside to figure it out later, we drive to Lampasso to continue our interviews.
2015_12_24_230051.jpg

Geer'ah.

- Everyone keeps telling me to win at PeepShow. Can you share your insights?
- A race for rival Commissars. When the Election of the Castaways begins, and the peeperettes start pouring down on the roads, the racing starts. Ask Oboorez. He's the one in charge of PeepShow.

- I already did. Oboorez is not the brightest one, eh? Can you tell me anything about him?
- The most important creature in Ogorod. Shrubs and peeperettes are his forte, but he's not strict enough with those who fail to keep their discipline. He's an old veteran who can tell you about PeepShow.

- What's a shrub?
- A bad Beeboorat. The Buro has sent him to Ogorod, where he will grow. Peeperettes are meant for this kind of Beeboorat.

- I guess peeperettes are some kind of punishment, huh? What are those?
- The Jablees deliver these to us. The Commissars collect dark peeperettes during the Election of the Castaways, peeperettes which the Jablees shower lavishly on the roads. The Buro has found a proper use for them in Ogorod, so don't bring them here.

- The Election of the Castaways?
- The time for the dark PeepShow. Follow the Jablees and harvest peeperettes. Then Oboorez will collect the harvest.

- I already have my suspicions, but I'll ask anyway. What's a Jablee?
- I guess you've seen some of those flying objects already. They're Jablees. It's a Commissar's job to follow them since they leave behind holy Nucleobooms and dark peeperettes.

- Fine. The last question, then. Who do you call castaways?
- They are sent to Ogorod for their crimes against the Buro. To you, they're shrubs.

If we pester him more with this question, he'll add:
- That's a suspicious inquiry, coming from a Commissar.

We don't want to look suspicious to Stylish Geer'ah, so we are off.

There are some places on the map that look like something might be there, but resist my attempts to open or interact with it in any way. Like this deep hole in the middle of a pool.
2015_12_24_230348.jpg

There is also a Passage to Khox (which means 'coke' in Russian) near Lampasso, but it's closed.
2015_12_24_230417.jpg

By the way, two out of five options in the previous update would have given us the right of passage. Not that I itch to get there. Many a vanger ended their Ironman career on Khox.

The cycle goes on and on, so to pass time I decide to drop by VigBoo and make some quick cash on Valorins.
2015_12_25_101938.jpg

Besides, I need to ask the chief Beeboorat a few questions.

Boorawchick.

- Care to share your opinion on PeepShow?
- A Commissar's first element. The intense harvesting of peeperettes! Oboorez will tell you the rules.

- And it is supposed to happen during the Election of the Castaways, right?
- The Buro arranges the PeepShow for Commissars during this cycle. Place: roads of Glorx. Objective: peeperettes. Destination: Ogorod.

- Anything you can tell me about Ogorod?
- The place where, by the order of the Buro, we exploit shrubs and dull vangers. You deliver peeperettes there. By the way, do you know what peeperettes are?

- Yeah, I've delivered one to the Eleepods by accident when I was a sla-... I mean, peeperettes? Never heard of them!
- Remember this description. Color: dark. Source: Jablees. Found on the roads of Glorx during the Election of the Castaways. Must be picked up and shipped to Ogorod.

- And the Jablees are...?
- They show up during Heroism and the Election of the Castaways and disseminate Nucleobooms and peeperettes, respectively. Don't try to shoot them. They fly too high.

- I've heard this thing has something to do with shrubs?
- Rejected by the Buro, this is the last refuge for peeperettes.

- I've also heard that shrubs is just another name for your castaways?
- Alas, Commissar, not only do our enemies surround us, but there are enemies on the inside, too. And they are even more harmful. The Buro successfully roots them out.

So I think I've heard enough to get at least a half of the picture here. The undesireables among Beeboorats are exiled and shipped to Ogorod via slaves, while commissars pick peeperettes during one of the cycles and bring them to Oboorez, who then sprouts them in shrubs. Sounds painful. It is unknown why the Beeboorats do this, or what happens with the castaways afterwards, but maybe it's just because I do not have a high enough clearance level.

In any case, I should make haste to Lampasso. Geer'ah is not one you want to keep waiting.
2015_12_24_230536.jpg

He's happy to see more 'Chosen Ones', even though he thinks it's a waste of my talents as a Commissar. However, he divulges some valuable information.
2015_12_24_230600.jpg

- Commissar! I'm Geer'ah, your big brother. I'm the one who takes care of you.
[Valorin in Inventory (Commissar)]
- Commissar, you're always welcome here with Valorin. Work hard, but remember that the Heroes need Nucleobooms... Don't make them wait too long!
- You continue to please me, vanger. A soldier like you would make the crowds marvel at their nimbleness and daring in the stadium. But the mechoses are your business, wheeler. So, let's talk mechoses.
- The
Cogged Widget is a part of Wormaster, our secret weapon against the Eleepods. Keep an eye on it!

Thank you for your trust, Counselor! I will... the moment I find out what it is.

The blasted cycle finally ends. The Peepshow will only start after the current one (Heroism, is it?), so to make some use of our time until them I buy a tabutask or two.
2015_12_24_230625.jpg

2015_12_24_230655.jpg

Geer'ah has threatened to send a vanger to the stadium.
However, the competitions in Lampasso are currently on a break,
so stop that vanger from getting into Lampasso before the end of the cycle
so that Geer'ah can prepare to meet the new competition participant.
Reward: 6000 Luck: 6 Cycles: 0

For the ceremonial opening of the competitions
and the smearing of the pedestal, Geer'ah needs
some Eleepod phlegma. Bring 12 jars.
Reward: 4000 Luck: 8 Cycles: 1

There are 2 ways to prevent someone from entry. Either scare them away until the end of the cycle... or just kill them. The counselors do not mind.

Remember how this mechos is a lover trader, not a fighter? Yeah. :oops:

:decline::decline::decline:

Ah well, we still have our second tabutask to fulfill.
2015_12_24_230805.jpg

Nice to see some internal consistency in the game. We left Glorx together, and we arrived to Fostral together, too. It does a good job of simulating life across the whole Chain of the Worlds, not just on the world you are on.
2015_12_24_230832.jpg

AI players are not immune to glitches. That bright green dot at the top-right corner? It's a raffa that felt down all the way to the bowels of the world through a tear in reality. :M
2015_12_24_230915.jpg

To buy enough phlegma, we have to sell our Put-Put. It costs a pretty penny!
2015_12_24_231025.jpg

And we buy ourselves 1 more tabutask, because why not? We can't be failing all the time, can we?
2015_12_24_231123.jpg

Fungi seriously hamper the Eleection racers
as vangers are sluggish and clumsy nowadays.
You must clear the approaches to Incubator
by shooting 80 stinkhorns.
Reward: 1300 Luck: 2 Cycles: 0

Sluggish and clumsy, eh? Don't I know it! We already did something like this for Podish.
2015_12_24_231229.jpg

Should be easy. Even though my cannons are situated a bit too high and tend to fire over stinkhorns, I can always use DigRig to lower myself a bit.

While shooting at the outgrowth, I come upon a strange structure. Could it be another secret hideout? It's a shame we don't have time to investigate it more thoroughly.
2015_12_24_231310.jpg

Fostral is really plagued by stinkhorns. I complete the mission on a casual stroll to the Glorx Passage.
2015_12_24_231353.jpg

Back to Lampasso. There is some shiny yellow stuff lying nearby. Presumably, it fell out of the vanger who tried to get in. I'd like to pick it up, but it drowns and disappears from my sight - and I don't have the time to scour the bottom of the lake searching for it.
2015_12_24_231417.jpg

Do we have a new stalker, I wonder? That's the guy who has been following me to Fostral and back! Maybe he is just collecting cirt, though.
2015_12_24_232223.jpg

One more drawback of this mechos is the low number of Spiral charges. It can make a trip to another world and back, but not two. If I jumped in the Passage with only one charge... the Spiral Charging station is way too far on Fostral. I'd better recharge it on Glorx where it is right next to the Passage.
2015_12_24_233419.jpg

Near the Incubator we meet one of our old frieds. What a blast from the past! Sorry, pal, I don't have neither the patience to play with you right now.
2015_12_24_233619.jpg

The exciting fetch quest awaits! Who else but us would ferry phlegma for the brave Beeboorat heroes to slip over?
2015_12_24_233648.jpg

We arrive in the middle of the PeepShow. Damn, we are being late!!
2015_12_24_233707.jpg

It's a tough choice between fulfilling our duty to the Buro as a Commissar, and a personal favor to Geer'ah. Actually, it's not tough at all - Geer'ah would skin me alive at the most minor of transgressions. Pleasing him is a matter of survival, so I hurry to Lampasso, hoping that I would have enough time to do both.

A content Geer'ah is a Geer'ah who doesn't invite you to his competitions.
2015_12_24_233845.jpg

[Phlegma in Inventory]
- Hee! Eleepod mucus. All right, have some beebs for your pain, mucus shipper...
[Sports Introduction]
- Well, wheeler, it's time to tell you about our rites, or else you will perish in the darkness. The feats of our brave heroes are the cornerstone of Beeboorat existence and are performed in the stadium under my guidance.
- The valor of our heroes is high, and so is their glory. Stylish Geer'ah is only a humble helper to those who host the competitions. Here are some of them.
[Beeboorat Sport 01]
- Listen, you wretched little scrub, and admire the utter bravery of the heroes who take part in Gorodki. Here are the rules:
- This competition is for true heroes. They spend a lot of time preparing for it, thinking of eternal glory.
- Sacred Nucleobooms are piled up in front of the competitor, and he must break them using only parts of his own body. Some lack of accuracy is compensated by extreme bravery.
- Everybody still remembers the feat of one hero who managed to complete the competition using his head, having lost all his limbs!

Thanks, I needed to know that. For my motivation.
2015_12_24_233943.jpg

- Commissar, you can stay here with the charming Geer'ah and listen to his wise advice to expand your mind. When the Nuclear War begins, you'll go for Nucleoboom. The more you collect, the better for you!

Next time, your Excellency, I promise. I have PeepShow to deal with, first.

- Anything else, you rickety beast? I'll get by without your advice!
- Give me none of your lip! Go get a basket of Nucleoboom, or I'll tell the Buro about your mischief!

Off we go. The number of peeperettes dropped to a new low. Did we miss our chance?
2015_12_24_234024.jpg

The number fluctuates between 10 and 20, rising and dropping. This means that the game is ongoing, and that other vangers are actively picking the peeperettes up even as Jablees drop new ones. They are pretty hard to spot, as their bleak brown color weaves into the landscape pallette and renders then less noticeable than a chameleon beeb. They also tend to sink a little after a while, making it even more difficult to collect them whenever they fall in the water.

A few peeperettes near each other, and the ones in the water are still afloat, suggesting that they are fresh. There must be a Jablee nearby. I could follow it and try to pick whatever it drops...
2015_12_24_234152_edited.jpg

2015_12_24_234221_edited.jpg

...or I could ride to Ogorod and stand near the entrance, shooting at any vanger that approaches and taking their peeperettes instead of collecting them myself.

Getting there in time, though, that's what is tricky. I nearly die as I get stuck in seaweeds next to an angry insect swarm who proceeds to greedily rip my mechos apart. I barely escape with my life. Note to self - stick to the roads whenever possible, they are much safer.
2015_12_24_234312.jpg

Ok, I think I notice a racer. It's a big one. There's a possibility he killed or robbed a few others already - and that means he might have a haul of peeperettes worthy of my attention.
2015_12_24_234336.jpg

Let the Show begin!!!
2015_12_24_234436.jpg

Oboorez congratulates us on a well-deserved victory.
2015_12_24_234512.jpg

- What a brave guy! The PeepShow was hot this time, but you came in first. My strict lessons weren't a waste of time. As the proverb says, a slave's pain is the Beeboorats' gain.
- A cipher went to VigBoo already, so prepare your Rubbox for a new record, pattern worker...

[Phlegma in Inventory]
- Hmm, decided to ship mucus? Aren't the Heroes a better load? All right, we'll find a use for this stuff...

It is an unwritten rule of PeepShow that every participant gets only one shot at this. You bring peeperettes to Ogorod, you wait there until the end of the cycle before going up again.

The current cycle is Heroism. A Nuclear War has began. We could try and take part in it... if we learn the rules.

If we luck out, we might earn ourselves the highest rank a vanger could dream of. The rank of an Agent. It might be worth it to try.

What do we do, Codex?
1. The Buro protocols must be observed. Learn what you can about the Nuclear War, then win it. That's how the Manual says it's done!
2. We've done a lot for the Beeboorats already. A new cycle has just started. Do some tabutasks and skip the ritual race. We are getting promoted in a different way.
3. Beeboorats may be less greedy than Eleepods, but they can still be corrupted. Ship cirt until you can simply buy your promotion with all the money you've earned.
4. Freeform (specify).

We had to sell Put-Put to the Eleepods. We have no idea what it does. Should we leave it with them?
1. Yes, let them keep it until we learn what it does.
2. No! What if another vanger buys it and we lose it FOREVER? Buy it back the first chance we get!

Also no idea what stolen pip does ingame i guessed keeping it leads to loosing all your beebs and mechos again.
It's in the description.
A clay article shaped like a Jablee seed. Old Oboorez often mistakes it for a real peeperette. But anyone caught for forgery is in big trouble.
There is a chance that Oboorez mistakes it for a peeperette (several times) when counting, lowering your requirements for victory in the PeepShow. On the other hand, there is a chance he discovers the forgery and strips you of all your loot. It depends on your Luck stat, which we got pretty high, thanks to all the tabutasks we did.

It's no skin off my back if you guys want to win fairly. We have managed just fine, all things considered. In fact, 21 peeperette is an unusually big amount, so I bet we will be seeing a major Luck boost once we leave, because that's how the ritual races work.

Known vocabulary.
mechos - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave, commissar)
vangers - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave), Boorawchick (slave, commissar)
raffa - asked Leepky&Feenger
escave - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust), Oboorez (slave)
bunch - asked Leepky&Feenger
bios - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave, commissar), Boorawchick (slave, commissar)
beebs - asked Leepky&Feenger
Clash - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave, commissar)
Creature Soup - asked Leepky&Feenger
Softie - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave), Boorawchick (slave, commissar)
Cryspo - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave, commissar), Boorawchick (slave, commissar)
Passage - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave)
Spiral - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave)
Departed Bios - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave)

The Chain - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave, commissar)
Fostral - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust), Oboorez (slave)
Glorx - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave)
Necross - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave)
Xplo - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave, commissar)
Eleepods - asked Leepky&Feenger
Beeboorats - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust), Oboorez (slave)
Zeexen - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave), Boorawchick (slave, commissar)
Leepky - asked Leepky, Oboorez (slave, commissar), Boorawchick (slave, commissar)
Feenger - asked Oboorez (slave, commissar), Boorawchick (slave, commissar)
Podish - asked Leepky&Feenger
Incubator - asked Feenger (low trust), Oboorez (slave)
Plump-up - asked Leepky&Feenger
Eleerection - asked Leepky&Feenger
Gulp-down - asked Leepky&Feenger
Boorawchick - asked Oboorez (slave), Boorawchick (slave, commissar)
Geer'ah - asked Oboorez (slave, commissar), Boorawchick (slave, commissar)
Oboorez - asked Oboorez (slave, commissar), Geer'ah (commissar)
VigBoo - asked Oboorez (slave)
Lampasso - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave, commissar)
Ogorod - asked Leepky, Boorawchick (commissar)
Progress - asked Oboorez (commissar)
Heroism - asked Oboorez (commissar)
Election of Castaways - asked Oboorez (commissar), Boorawchick (commissar), Geer'ah (commissar)

pod - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave, commissar)
P-beam - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave, commissar), Boorawchick (slave)
ruBeecation - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave, commissar)
The Buro - asked Oboorez (slave), Boorawchick (slave, commissar)
The Manual - asked Oboorez (slave)
Jablees - asked Oboorez (slave, commissar), Boorawchick (commissar), Geer'ah (commissar)
Slave - asked Oboorez (slave)
Commissar - asked Oboorez (slave, commissar), Boorawchick (slave)
Agent - asked Oboorez (commissar)
Nuclear War - asked Oboorez (commissar)
PeepShow - asked Oboorez (commissar), Boorawchick (commissar), Geer'ah (commissar)
castaway - asked Oboorez (commissar), Boorawchick (commissar), Geer'ah (slave, commissar)

eLeech - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust), Oboorez (slave)
nymbos - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave)
phlegma - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust), Oboorez (slave)
cirt - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave)
Larvae - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave)
peeperette - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave, commissar), Boorawchick (commissar), Geer'ah (commissar)
nucleoboom
shrub - asked Oboorez (slave, commissar), Boorawchick (commissar), Geer'ah (slave, commissar)
Valorin - asked Boorawchick (slave, commissar)
rubbox - asked Boorawchick (slave, commissar)
Updated session information:
Tabutasks:
Completed 9 for the Eleepods, 1 failed
Completed 7 for the Beeboorats, 3 failed

The Cogged Widget is a part of Wormaster.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Heh, it looks like I'm not the only one with little to do these holidays... :negative::negative:

Anyway, I vote for 3-2.
The questions... I dunno yet. How many of these we get for this update?

Nevill

Arcane
How many of these we get for this update?
10, as usual. I'll be posting most of what we can learn from the Beeboorats once we achieve Agent status (because by that point asking the Zeexen would be more popular anyway - I noticed that no one asks the Eleepods ever since we arrived to Glorx), so it's just for those who want to get a better understanding of what is happening in the game right now.

You are not limited to the options on offer. For example, there were passengers available in the shops. You can buy yourself a pet Beeboorat and drive him to wherever he asks you to. Or drive him to Leepky, the guy wanted a new doormat. :M

You can try stealing eLeeches and bringing them to Geer'ah and Oboorez. They will tell you something that might be of use.

You can do some tabutasks for Geer'ah and get more insights about Beeboorat sports.

You can try digging around Boorawchick's cave - something that he explicitly forbade you to do - and see what happens.

You can try buying a shipment of shrubs and Valorins and bringing them to Fostral escaves. You can try seeing what happens if you continue doing tabutasks for the Eleepods/Beeboorats. You can even buy yourself a truck and a conlarver now that we have the money, and go catch a Larva (this might break your game if you have no inkling about what you are doing - but then again, this might also provide you the necessary clues to the 'greater puzzle' before it is explicitly spelled out for you).

Or you might try waiting until the Passage to Necross becomes operable (which should be next update), and widen the range of your experiments to all three of the major worlds.

It's a sandbox game. Your imagination is the limit.

Last edited:

PocketMine

Savant
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
It's a sandbox game. Your imagination is the limit.

Without playing the game my imagination is limited . Its like i have sand in my eyes. :M

Now you mention it digging around Boorawchicks cave sound tempting. (hope you dont get demoted to slave again :oops:)

Nevill

Arcane
Votes locked. I will try to fit both of them in the update. First we'll try our hand at Nuclear War, and if it fails, we'll go for cirt. If we succeed at War, we'll go ship cirt anyway and become filthy rich.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
I assume the questions are addressed to Oboorez. Here are his answers.
- Who or what is Gulp-down, Counselor?
- That's what the Eleepods call their Heroism. Though I can't see what kind of Heroism the worms could ever have.

- Who or what is VigBoo, Counselor?
- I get instructions and new Manuals from VigBoo. Boorawchick is the boss there.

- Who or what is Ogorod, Counselor?
- This place is quiet and peaceful - nothing but shrubs and peeperettes.

- Who or what is nymbos, Counselor?
- The Eleepods produce it. It would be great if you brought me some.

- Who or what is phlegma, Counselor?
- Rumor has it that mucus has flooded an escave on Fostral and the stupid Eleepods keep baling it out.

- Who or what is Nucleoboom, Counselor?
- Jablees give out peeperettes and Nucleobooms at different times. The Buro has ruled that Nucleobooms are to go to Lampasso and peeperettes to Ogorod. This is the most basic rule for a Commissar.

- Who or what is Valorin, Counselor?
- Commissar, don't waste your time on Valorins. Get rid of that Slave habit! Get busy with the Nucleobooms.

- Who or what is rubbox, Counselor?
- If I take a look at your Rubbox, I can clearly see what kind of worker you are, whether you have served well, and how close your next promotion is. But without a Rubbox, you are a nonentity.

- Who or what is eLeech, Counselor?
- An eLeech is something like an Eleepod. They are obtained on Fostral, in Incubator. Getting them is tough.

Part 16. The Agency.
Alright. We need to win the Nuclear War. Sounds easy. What is it, by the way?

- Heroism marks the beginning of Nuclear War. Commissars snatch Nucleobooms from each other. It's hilarious!
- It's similar to PeepShow, but you have to pick up Nucleobooms. Ask the stylish Geer'ah. He's the expert at these things.

Looks simple enough. Let's go!

Yay! We did it!
2016_01_04_024405.jpg

- Commissar! I'm Geer'ah, your big brother. I'm the one who takes care of you.
- Commissar! On this momentous occasion I would like to congratulate you on your win in the Nuclear War! Your bravery is comparable to that of the Heroes in the stadium.
- Boorawchick has received confirmation of your success. The Buro is preparing the documents for your advancement.
- I'm getting tired of you, you hunk of metal. Why don't you just get out?

By the way, our new acquisitions:
Amputator.
latest_cb_20150716092850_path_prefix_ru.gif

Cunning Vangers get this spheroidal widget from the dark nooks of Threall. It’s a good surprise for inexperienced mechanics. When they spot this nice shining object on the road, they grab it immediately and put it in their hold. And that's where fun begins. The mechos gets paralyzed and can’t move a wheel. It just hops and tumbles around. Pick it up with bare hands but act quickly!

A disabling device. It has some fun uses with Crustest Cannon.

CopteRig.
latest_cb_20150717182405_path_prefix_ru.gif

An autonomous device which enables a mechos to go up into the air then move or hover. Works on the principle of local spatial disturbances with inverted gravitation. Powered by a separate storage battery, which can be recharged at special stations.

A flying device that discharges really, really quickly. I prefer to have several in my cargo bay.
I buy myself a tabutask, and head to VigBoo for my well-deserved reward.
2016_01_04_002206.jpg

There weren't too many participants - in fact, there even weren't too many Nucleobooms, so our Luck increase wasn't as great as it was last time. It's still nice.
2016_01_04_002228.jpg

Raffas have been repeatedly attacking
our Valorin couriers lately. This is intolerable
and we must take appropriate measures.
Exterminate five raffas.
Reward: 5000 Luck: 7 Cycles: 2

Eh, I don't think I'll be doing this mission. Our mechos isn't well suited for hunting raffas, and our Luck is high enough that we can afford to sit that one out.

As an aside, the construction of our mechos is such that it has troubles entering Beeboorat escaves. They are located on steep slopes (so that their entrance is above water), and our wheels are too small to climb them. I either need to jump on top of the entrance, or use DigRig to bypass the slopes. This is mildly annoying - but it isn't the only car with that problem.
2016_01_04_002441.jpg

Boorawchick is greatly pleased with us.
2016_01_04_002510.jpg

- To the Buro: Documented Commissar identified in VigBoo. Boorawchick reporting. Checking the subject's statistics...
- To the Buro: Observed a pushy Commissar. Data from other escaves confirmed. Starting registration.
- Commissar! Information about your achievements in the Nuclear War and PeepShow has reached the Buro.
- The Buro needs pushy vangers like you, nimble and silent. Listen to me, as I am your wise mentor.
- Your Rubbox has been switched to the status of Agent. From now on, you will carry out Beeboorat missions in other, sapless worlds.
- The Passage to Necross is open. Get there immediately, enter the Zeexen lairs, and spread the tale of Beeboorat power at least three times.
- To the Buro: New Agent created by Boorawchick. For my good service to the Buro I'm requesting an increase in my allowance of Cirt Bunker.

He briefly considers our track record before giving us a warning:
- Agent, the growth of your utility to the Buro exceeds all the Statistics Department's forecasts. We don't want to lose such a useful Agent, so you will receive instructions on the tactics to use on Necross shortly.
- You must not under any circumstances peek into
ZeePa before you visit B-Zone!

- To the Buro: Your request on the Dominance level of this vanger is confirmed. Current status: category A50. Analysis carried out by Boorawchick...
- Vanger, your push, as it was predicted by the Buro, allows you to get in direct visual contact with a Larva. Watch its movement on the map integrated into your mechos. You can now start purposeful cirt harvesting activity. I hereby commend you and Boorawchick.

Eh, I've been doing the harvesting activity for a while. But I guess I am officially allowed to do it now. Praise the wise Buro! Your trust in me won't be misplaced!

And then he dismisses us as usual:
- Audience with Boorawchick refused. Leave the room immediately!

We'll need something with a bigger hold for cirt harvesting. A truck would do, and we have just enough money for it. Unfortunately, the only one available is Ripper.
2016_01_04_030620.jpg

2016_01_04_004436.jpg

2016_01_04_004422.jpg

It's not a bad car... but it is not good, either. It has the smallest cargo bay out of 3 trucks, small weapon slots, and worst of all, no rig slot. Meaning it can't dig, or fly, or aim. The latter hurts it much more than the rest of the drawbacks combined.

But we are not going to war, so this is not that big of a deal. At least this mechos won't have problems with slopes. In fact, its wheels are big enough to climb to the roof of the main escave right from the ground floor. That is something lesser mechoses simply can't do without KiD.
2016_01_04_032827.jpg

Only two charges of Spiral. But we will hardly need more.
2016_01_04_004540.jpg

To Fostral! If all goes right, we will be back with so many beebs we won't know what to do with them.
2016_01_04_004631.jpg

It's Plump-up now. A perfect time to grab an eLeech in addition to cirt.
2016_01_04_004722.jpg

Hunting raffas on this mechos is impossible. It doesn't have vector to aim, and its speed does not allow it to close on a small and agile target.
2016_01_04_004758.jpg

The moment you turn to react, the prey is no longer there.
2016_01_04_004813.jpg

And if you follow it to the water, it jumps back up, mocking you.
2016_01_04_004823.jpg

After a few more attempts I do not to even try, just head for the Incubator and sign up.
2016_01_04_004912.jpg

I have to sell my DigRig to fit an eLeech in the hold. I couldn't use it without a rig slot anyway.
2016_01_04_005132.jpg

Huh. Looks like I have a rival already.
2016_01_04_005153.jpg

However, with a mechos size of mine, it is never truly contested who gets the road and who gets to kiss the nearest hill.
2016_01_04_005222.jpg

Unless the other guy has a 'Wormier' terminator, then even the smallest car can send your world spinning.
2016_01_04_005258.jpg

Unfortunately, this truck lacks the speed or accessories to ram lesser mechoses to death. It's no Iron Wraith. :(
2016_01_04_005351.jpg

My rival catches up with me somewhere in the middle of the map (he has speed 2 tiers higher than mine), but upon seeing me, thinks better of taking the shortest route through the bridge and darts in the opposite direction. Don't you love these vanger personalities?
2016_01_04_005459.jpg

2016_01_04_005507.jpg

We cross paths once more near the Passage to Weexow. Again, he chooses to jump away rather than share the road.
2016_01_04_005548.jpg

2016_01_04_005558.jpg

We follow parallel courses to Podish, with me maintaining a slight lead, which is a small miracle considering my less-than-impressing speed. But I am not here for the race. Finally, I spot the thing I was looking for - the Beeboorat Larva.
2016_01_04_005633.jpg

I place my car tight on top of it, making our map indicators collide, and prepare to load up the delicious cirt. Unfortunately, some pesky troublemaker is insistent on making life difficult for me. Not that he can harm me, but he pushes me away from my chosen spot and makes me collect cirt of a lower quality than I would have otherwise. Grrr!
2016_01_04_005658.jpg

2016_01_04_005713.jpg

2016_01_04_005725.jpg

Having done what I came here to do, I just pack up and leave. No point engaging in a prolonged fight on a mechos that isn't designed for it. In a distance, more racers can be seen. I have to make haste to Glorx if I want to deliver my Beeboorat commanders both the eLeech and the cirt.
2016_01_04_005835.jpg

The last Eleerection participant is the Oxidize Monk I ran into earlier. I wish I too could join the race when the cycle has already started like AI vangers. Well, technically, the player can still do it - by stealing an eLeech from another participant. But Feenger only offers them during Plump-up.
2016_01_04_005921.jpg

Back to Glorx!
2016_01_04_005951.jpg

Looks like they are in the middle of another Peepshow. That's a lot of peeperettes.
2016_01_04_010021.jpg

Oh! And I finally see a Jablee! See that brown flying thing in the top-right corner? That's the machines dropping peeperettes and Nucleobooms.
2016_01_04_024107.jpg

The word 'Jablee' is a mix between 'a zeppelin' (dirizhabl' in Russian) and 'a toad' (zhaba). Indeed, they are reminiscent of a flying toad.

The number of peeperettes continues to rise - that's a far cry from the Nuclear War we've had with barely 30 Nucleobooms. But we are not here to play.
2016_01_04_010312.jpg

We are here to deliver an eLeech to our bestest friend, Stylish Geer'ah.
2016_01_04_010324.jpg

- My greetings to you, Agent! Is there anything Geer'ah can help you with?
[cirt in Inventory]
- Gee whiz! The flabby vanger pulled his wimpy muscles together and secured some cirt... That's good. I'm glad you are taking the way of a loyal servant of the Buro. The Heroes perform their feats in the stadium and Nucleoboom falls from the sky for a good cause.
- Praise the stylish Geer'ah, who beat some useful and practical thoughts into your dull head. Now fly to VigBoo and hand the cirt to Boorawchick. He'll weigh it and evaluate it properly.

- Oh la la, what clearness in my head! I was inspired! I remembered the multiplication table! What joy! Now I can devise a few new competitions for the Heroes! Want to take part? Just a joke, midget. Your cherished Geer'ah feels really good today.
[eLeech in Inventory]
- Come to me, lip-smacking eLeech! What a joy! I'm so proud of my nursling. The Buro will make note of your services! I know, anyone can become a true hero!

He is really touched; enough so that he gives us a hint...
- It's been a while since I've seen as pushy a vanger as you. You can help me! I'm planning to relocate to VigBoo soon... But that's a secret, so keep quiet! I need a really tough mechos for the trip, for proper protection...
- So listen up: Box is a part of Last Moggy. Go ahead, put the machine together and hold your tongue. When I whistle, you come here to die for me! If they torture you, you say nothing...

...and a warning:
- Wheeler! You've entertained stylish Geer'ah well and I would like to pay you back in kind. I'll tell you what the Zeexen do to you ramblers. Mad Zeephra, who lives in ZeePa, envelops all the vangers that she catches in clay and sends them to B-Zone as souvenirs.
- Funny, huh? So don't go to ZeePa, go to B-Zone instead. The local Zeexen are not that crazy...

And an advice, for good measure.
- Hey, wheeler! Your Dominance has reached 50% of the level of a Buro Superagent. Well done! You are being granted access to information about Larvae movement. Keep an eye on the map!

You might have missed it, bro - I am now at 100%. Wait, does it mean I can be promoted to a Superagent now?

But all good things come to an end, and so is Geer'ah's patience.
- I'm getting tired of you, you hunk of metal. Why don't you just get out?

Ah, so that's how it is going to be? Fine, I'll gift my eLeech to Oboorez instead! I am sure he'll prove more hospitable!

And so we set out to Ogorod. The roads are unusually crowded this cycle. There is a lot of players. Remember that there were 60+ peeperetes just about two minutes ago?
2016_01_04_011511.jpg

Only 3 of them are left when I reach the southern escave. Whoa, this new batch of Commissars sure know their trade!
2016_01_04_011950.jpg

Oboorez gets so excited, he nearly smothers us with his tongue.
2016_01_04_012023.jpg

- Hey, an Agent's honoring me! You came to visit old Oboorez, huh?
[eLeech in Inventory]
- Wow, you brought an eLeech! The Buro's lessons weren't in vain. What a brave guy! Yeah, this is a real joy for old Oboorez. The Buro needs soldiers like you! I'm sending an urgent cipher to headquarters. And I've got some time to grab a bite before they come...

There must be something in eLeeches that positively affects Beeboorat brains. They are starting to remember some interesting stuff.
- Your mechos reminds me of something. You are a decent vanger: you don't spite this old chap and you study the Manual. I can help you.
-
Star is a part of the Lawn Mower, but what it's for and where do I know it from, I don't remember. I'm old, you know.

And of course, he just has to teach me how to collect cirt. Nevermind that my hold is chock full of that stuff.
- You're climbing the ladder, and your Dominance has risen like a watered peeperette. Now you can scoop cirt with both, since Larvae are now seen in your mechos like other vangers. Keep your eyes peeled!
- No time for blabbing. You're dismissed, doughy meatloaf!

An eLeech sells for measly 700 beebs here. Still a better offer than 500 in VigBoo.
2016_01_04_013241.jpg

Speaking of VigBoo, that's where we need to ship the cirt. Thank the Buro the Ripper has big enough wheels to just drive over the lid - it would have been a major pain to try and enter the escave without a DigRig otherwise.
2016_01_04_013415.jpg

Boorawchick commends us on a job well done...
2016_01_04_013644.jpg

- To the Buro: Full-fledged, pushy Agent arrived. Boorawchick is getting in contact with the subject.
- To the Buro: Cirtainer delivered to my Cirt Reception Department. The sniff test confirmed the Beebooratness of the contents. The cirt has been registered and sent to the Distribution Department. Boorawchick out. My request for increased cirt allowance included.
- Vanger! Your push has risen to the rated level. As of today, you've brought us 83 portions of cirt. Continue harvesting!

...and throws something extra for our trouble.
- You've proven your loyalty to the Buro and personally to Boorawchick. We can entrust you with our security: I'm giving you the key to Khox, a neighboring world. You'll be able to visit it now and then and signal us if you find our enemies.
- Audience with Boorawchick refused. Leave the room immediately!

Now, I can't help but notice your walls have holes in them, and there is something poking through one of those. :?

Let me check the shop first, though.
2016_01_04_014403.jpg

Heh, we've just become 24K beebs richer. This cirt business is very profitable indeed.

Oh, and it looks like the pip we stole earlier didn't drown. Someone has picked it up and sold it to Boorawchick. We probably shouldn't touch it anymore, seeing how we've won our PeepShow already... but if we ever need to win it once again, we know where to find it.

Back to the item in the escave. It interests me too much not to touch it. I just want to take a peek. It can't harm, right?
2016_01_04_014304.jpg

Hm. I saw some weird things in my time, but this takes the cake. I could swear those two round spheres above look like eyes. And those blades resemble tusks. And is that... a tail?

What kind of scrawny pet have we just dug up? Let's put it in the hold and examine it more closely.
2016_01_04_014236.jpg

Oh, boy...

Choices and consequences, Codex.

We have obtained 2 keys, to Necross and to Khox. What should we do with them?
1. Onwards is the only way forwards! The Buro has tasked us with spreading the tales of Beeboorat power to the deepest dens of the sapless worlds! Go to Necross, drive to the nearest escave you find there, and preach the superiority of the best bios in the Chain to the poor misguided heathens who had never seen the light of the Manual!
2. The Buro has also warned us not to go to Zeepa without dropping by B-zone, first... whatever that means. Perhaps we should be mindful of the order in which we visit the escaves.
3. The Buro has also trusted us with a great responsibility of securing its borders. Mystery surrounds the cursed world of Khox... and few vangers ever return from there alive. Perhaps it became home to the enemies of Glorx who even now plot to forge a false Manual and throw the Beeboorats into a state of anarchy. To foil their nefarious plans, the world should be thoroughly explored!
4. There is no need to hurry. Stay on Glorx, do a few tabutasks, and enjoy the perks of your life as an Agent. Maybe you will learn something useful in your service to the Beeboorats.
5. Freeform (specify).

We seem to have stolen a personal item from Boorawchick. It is Boorawchick himself. What are we going to do now?
1. Quickly and quietly put him back. You can't shove him back into a wall, but perhaps if you lay him down on one of the store shelves you could both pretend nothing has happened?
2. Take him on a trip across Fostral. Maybe sell him to Leepky if the worm is buying. Feenger might want to have a word or two with him about eLeeches.
3. Take him on a trip across Glorx. Geer'ah and Oboorez must miss their dear comrade and leader. Perhaps they will remember more of their interesting stories?
4. Take him on a trip across Necross. Who is better to teach amoral Zeexen the way of the Manual than His Pushiness himself?
5. Take him on a trip across Khox, then leave him there. He wanted to have an advance warning if something is going on out there - well, he can get one first-hand.
6. Throw him in the nearest pool and hope he drowns and everyone writes it off as an accident.
7. Freeform (specify).

Also, sorry, guys, I didn't get Put-Put from the Eleepods, there was not enough cargo space. I'll try to do it next update.

Updated session information:
Tabutasks:
1 in progress for the Beeboorats, likely to fail (kill 5 raffa)

Cirt:
Delivered 83 portions to the Beeboorats

Box is a part of Last Moggy.
Star is a part of the Lawn Mower.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
So, the one bossing you was actually a drone of some sort while the real body was hidden? This game keeps getting weirder. Anyway:

2-3. Let's reunite them and see what happens. Speaking of which, what happens if you leave and then immediately re-enter this escave? Does Boor appear normally or is he absent?

Nevill

Arcane
So, the one bossing you was actually a drone of some sort while the real body was hidden?
He is a very short, very small and very scrawny specimen who doesn't want to appear as such and keeps around an artificial body which in 10 times bigger that he is to assert dominance and intimidate others, 'cause otherwise who in their right mind would be afraid of him? But no, he is really inside the thing, and you can see his head poking out to bark at you whenever you piss him off.
2015_12_16_231328.jpg
You can guess how big he really is, considering that the head accounts for about 70% of his body.

He mentioned that the walls of his escave are full of holes, so presumably we dug up an extra window and snatched him from his pedestal when he was giving you one of his speeches.

Speaking of which, what happens if you leave and then immediately re-enter this escave? Does Boor appear normally or is he absent?
There is a bug introduced in the remake that counts this option as one of those I listed. This is actually one of the things that became worse in the remake. :(

I think in the original he disappeared from the inventory upon entry and then reappeared normally, but I don't remember if he had any reaction to the act, be it positive or negative.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Beeboorat dialogues.

Boorawchick's reactions:
[Slave ruBeecation]
"To the Buro: Boorawchick reporting. Observed a fugitive mite. Initiating ruBeecation."
"Slave! You are being put under the command of the Fugitive Vangers Enslaving Department. All of your property has been confiscated as illegally gained."
"I am your esteemed and kind Beeboorat instructor. I hereby label you with a Rubbox. Take care of it, as it's the color of our banner! Whoever loses it will be ruBeecated again."
"Everything you do is totally controlled by the Buro. Always fear. Study the Manual." "Attention for orders! Drive Valorins to Lampasso. Disobedience is strictly punished. The Buro needs obedient Slaves."
"To the Buro: The new Slave adapted. Boorawchick out."

[Commissar ruBeecation]
"To the Buro: Boorawchick reporting. Observed a Commissar that lost the Buro's trust. Initiating ruBeecation."
"Ex-Commissar! You dared bring shame upon your Rubbox! The Fugitive Vangers Enslaving Department is now taking charge of you. All your property has been confiscated."
"I am your esteemed and adored Beeboorat instructor. I'm re-registering your Rubbox. Take care of it, as it's the color of our banner!"
"Everything you do is totally controlled by the Buro. Always fear."
"Pay attention to orders! Drive Valorins to Lampasso. All your previous services have been annulled. The Buro doesn't favor slobs."
"To the Buro: Conversion of Commissar complete. New Slave added to the heap. Boorawchick out."

[Agent ruBeecation]
"To the Buro: Boorawchick reporting. An Agent arrived that doubted the integrity of the Buro. Initializing ruBeecation."
"Ineffective Agent! Losing your Rubbox means losing the Buro's trust. You are being put under the command of the Fugitive Vangers Enslaving Department. All your property has been confiscated."
"I am your esteemed and dearly loved Beeboorat instructor. I'm re-registering your Rubbox. Take care of it, as it's the color of our banner!"
"As usual, everything you do is totally controlled by the Buro. Always fear."
"Pay attention to orders! Drive Valorins to Lampasso. All your previous services have been erased. The Buro doesn't need experimenters."
"To the Buro: Agent found to be insane. Started slavery therapy. Boorawchick out."

[Commissar Promotion]
"To the Buro: Slave of advanced utility arrived. Data from other escaves verified. Starting registration."
"Slave! You have been carefully following the regulations of the Buro and we are adding a new label to your Rubbox. You are now a Commissar."
"Commissar! Your task is to participate in the Nuclear War and PeepShow and win. You'll get detailed instructions at the appropriate places from Geer'ah and Oboorez. Execute the order!"
"To the Buro: One Slave removed and one Commissar inserted into the heap by Boorawchick."

[Agent Promotion]
"To the Buro: Observed a pushy Commissar. Data from other escaves confirmed. Starting registration."
"Commissar! Information about your achievements in the Nuclear War and PeepShow has reached the Buro."
"The Buro needs pushy vangers like you, nimble and silent. Listen to me, as I am your wise mentor. Your Rubbox has been switched to the status of Agent. From now on, you will carry out Beeboorat missions in other, sapless worlds."
"The Passage to Necross is open. Get there immediately, enter the Zeexen lairs, and spread the tale of Beeboorat power at least three times."
"To the Buro: New Agent created by Boorawchick. For my good service to the Buro I'm requesting an increase in my allowance of Cirt Bunker."

[Slave Arrival]
"To the Buro: Boorawchick observed a registered Slave in VigBoo. Checking subject's statistics..."
"Slave! I hereby remind you of the feats you are to accomplish."
"Item 1: deliver Valorins to Lampasso. Item 2: deliver shrubs to Ogorod."

[Commissar Arrival]
"To the Buro: Documented Commissar identified in VigBoo. Boorawchick reporting. Checking the subject's statistics..."

[Agent Arrival]
"To the Buro: Full-fledged, pushy Agent arrived. Boorawchick is getting in contact with the subject."

[Shrub in Inventory (Slave)]
"Slave! Shrubs must be shipped to Ogorod!"
"Slave! Ogorod is where you must ship the shrubs you have with you! Slave! What you have in your bay must be driven to Oboorez!"
"Slave! You must take to Oboorez what you have in your bay!"
"To the Buro: Requesting an increase in my cirt allowance for the hazardous work, since Slaves are obtuse nowadays."

[Repeatedly Shrub in Inventory (Slave)]
"To the Buro: The newly arrived Slave has an IQ below the minimum. According to the instructions, exploitation of the slave is prohibited."
"Slave, by order of the Buro you are being put into the reserve of the Sports Events Commander in Lampasso... YOU ARE DEAD, DUNCE!!!"
"..."
"A dried beeb was found in the IQ meter, something that caused a measurement error. The technicians to blame for this gross dereliction of duty were sent to Lampasso instead of you. At your expense..."
"Praise the fair Buro! In honor of your providential escape you are assigned to learn by heart the new edition of the Manual with its additions and corrections. Your beebs will go toward publishing it."

[Valorin in Inventory (Slave)]
"Slave! According to the Buro's instructions, the final destination for Valorins is Lampasso. Don't forget!"
"I will report to the Buro if you come here again with Valorins. Actively fear."

[Repeatedly Valorin in Inventory (Slave)]
"Slave! According to the Buro's decree entitled 'On Counteracting Sabotage during Sporting Events,' you are sentenced to death along with the confiscation of all your property."
"The Buro rides roughshod over its enemies!"
"..."
"Slave! Listen to the latest news! Because of a Jablee crash near VigBoo the Buro is declaring a general amnesty for all offenders. Your beebs are confiscated and will be spent on printing fliers with popularized extracts from the Manual... For your own benefit!"

[Peeperette in Inventory (Slave)]
"Slave! Everything you do is completely controlled by the Beeboorats. You are not allowed to collect or ship peeperettes."
"A repeat offense will be cost you your mechos. Return the peeperettes immediately!"

[Repeatedly Peeperette in Inventory (Slave)]
"Slave! Your actions could seriously impair the Buro's castaway utilization procedures. Your mechos is being confiscated in favor of vangers who are quicker on the uptake."

[Nucleoboom in Inventory (Slave)]
"Slave! Under penalty of forced conversion into a shrub I forbid you to touch the holy Nucleobooms!"
"Return them home quickly, you feeble, doltish midget, or else the Heroes' anger will be wild."

[Repeatedly Nucleoboom in Inventory (Slave)]
"Slave! Because of your outrageous insubordination, we ran short of Nucleobooms at the competition! This calamity has forced us to take strong measures."
"You are being put under the command of the Utilization Commander in Ogorod."
"..."
"A cipher just arrived from Ogorod about a lack of free places for the accommodation of shrubs. You got away with it this time, wretched Slave. Live on, but if you bring a Nucleoboom here one more time, I'll drown you with my own hands."
"Even donating all your property to the Buro, like you're doing today, will not save you."

[Shrub in Inventory (Commissar)]
"Looks like you decided to give the shrubs a ride in your mechos, Commissar? This is an irrational waste of work time! I am giving you a reprimand..."
"The Buro cannot develop such a nonstandard Commissar."

[Repeatedly Shrub in Inventory (Commissar)]
"Wheeler! You have brought shame upon the grand title of Beeboorat Commissar. Your title does not allow for such a violation of work discipline! The Buro has sanctioned your demotion.
"Only hard labor will let you take your place among the Heroes."

[Valorin in Inventory (Commissar)]
"Consider yourself lucky, Commissar. Your mentor is in a good mood today, and I will not notice Valorins in your bay that should be IN LAMPASSO!!!"
"Now go. Another mistake like that and you will face a severe retribution."

[Repeatedly Valorin in Inventory (Commissar)]
"While the Heroes unceasingly prepare themselves for heroic achievements in the stadium, some Commissars, in violation of all instructions, infringe on the Valorin delivery schedule. Boorawchick, who is always on the ball, will take care of the rebel plot."
"To the Buro: Initiating demotion sequence for degraded Commissar. Boorawchick is keeping the minutes."

[Peeperette in Inventory (Commissar)]
"Commissar! You forgot the PeepShow Code. The rules of procedure forbid delivering peeperettes to VigBoo. You are to ship the cargo to Ogorod on receipt."
"To the Buro: Obtuse Commissar identified. Sending his ID, requesting to put the violation on his record."

[Repeatedly Peeperette in Inventory (Commissar)]
"Commissar! Your defiance of the rules ultimately turned out badly. The Buro is no longer able to allow the use of your mechos as a tool for a slob of a Commissar."
"To the Buro: Request to take control of the confiscated mechos for further exploitation. Registered by Boorawchick."

[Nucleoboom in Inventory (Commissar)]
"Commissar! Nucleobooms must be in Lampasso before Heroism on Glorx ends. Think about the Heroes of Glorx. Hurry up! "
"To the Buro: Obtuse Commissar identified with critically low IQ and anti-hero disposition. Sending his ID, requesting to put the violation on his record."

[Repeatedly Nucleoboom in Inventory (Commissar)]
"Commissar! You are going to lose the Nuclear War, and no wonder: I can't remember ever seeing as bad a violation of instructions as this. The Buro will act in strict accordance with the Manual."
"To the Buro: Initiating confiscation and demotion procedure for Commissar with anti-hero disposition. Boorawchick is keeping the minutes."

[Shrub in Inventory (Agent)]
"An Agent arrived. With a shrub. The Buro will hardly be happy about this. Well, I guess it's just the camouflage of an experienced Agent."

[Repeatedly Shrub in Inventory (Agent)]
"Agent, why do you have shrubs in your bay? I ought to stop this violation of the Buro's instructions before it brings disaster. A Commissar with shrubs is a lesser evil. Hence, I congratulate you on your demotion."
"To the Buro: Initiating re-registration procedure for straying Agent. Security level 2. Boorawchick is keeping the protocol."

[Valorin in Inventory (Agent)]
"Agent! What are you doing with the Hero? Covering him with your body, so that he doesn't get hurt? That's commendable, but the instructions say nothing about that, got it?"
"Check the Valorins in with the stylish Geer'ah and don't stray off any more."

[Repeatedly Valorin in Inventory (Agent)]
"Wheeler! As the Buro's assignee for relations with Agents, I hereby annul your Agent's license. Your beebs are confiscated to compensate for the moral damage inflicted by your actions."
"To the Buro: I request an increase in my cirt allowance."

[Peeperette in Inventory (Agent)]
"Agent! The peeperettes in your bay bolster the Buro's enemies. Your mission is to preach the power of Beeboorats in other worlds."
"To the Buro: Brainwashed an Agent keen on peeperettes. Petitioning for an increase in my access time to the Cirt Bunker."

[Repeatedly Peeperette in Inventory (Agent)]
"Agent, if you contribute the contents of your bay to my department, I will not pass your personal file on to the Peeperette Misuse Commission. Otherwise you're a dead fitter!"
"To the Buro: Gave adjustment instruction to a peeperette misuser. Results are positive. I require more cirt! "

[Nucleoboom in Inventory (Agent)]
"Agent! According to the latest cipher from Lampasso, the mincing Geer'ah is in desperate need of Nucleobooms. Do you realize what that may cost you?"
"To the Buro: Watching a suspicious Agent. There are clear indications of conspiracy and sabotage."

[Repeatedly Nucleoboom in Inventory (Agent)]
"Wheeler! I have blown your cover! You are not an Agent, but a spy of Glorx's enemies trying to sabotage our sporting events! The Buro handles spies harshly: death to enemies!"
" To the Buro: Exposed an enemy of Glorx! Petitioning for a promotion. I want Geer'ah's position. Boorawchick out."
"..."
"Agent! I have decided that granting your pardon will not be denounced by the Buro. I believe that you picked up the holy Nucleoboom and took it to me to save the precious seed from rotting or drying. This deed deserves a reward. For me, of course, as your mentor. Your plunder is a humble reward for my pain."

[Nymbos in Inventory]
"A wheeler brought nymbos. To the Buro: Vangers' pushiness keeps increasing due to Boorawchick's educational work. Boorawchick out."

[Phlegma in Inventory]
"Phlegma... It's a plus for you, vanger, that you visit the sapless worlds, but have you completed your solemn duty on Glorx?"

[eLeech in Inventory]
"To the Buro: At the instruction of the loyal Boorawchick, a pushy vanger quickly delivered an eLeech. This great success was possible due to my wise mentoring. Boorawchick out." "Vanger! The Buro will remember your services. Struggle on!"

[Nuclear War Waiting]
"Commissar! Will you stay in VigBoo and wait for Heroism to go for Nucleobooms when the Jablees fly up?"
- Yes, Boorawchick, I'll wait...
"It's time, the Jablees have started sowing. Hurry up now. The one who picks up the most Nucleobooms and brings them to Lampasso before the end of the cycle will gain the Buro's favor."
- I don't need to wait, I'll manage myself...
"Don't miss your chance, Commissar."

[PeepShow Waiting]
"Commissar! Will you stay in VigBoo and wait for the Election of the Castaways to go for peeperettes?"
- Okay, Boorawchick, I'll wait...
"The cycle is in effect. Go pick up peeperettes and bring them to Oboorez. He'll be thrilled." - That's balderdash, you doltish scab! I'll better go...
"Well, well, Commissar. The PeepShow won't be waiting for you..."

[Key to Khox Gift]
"You've proven your loyalty to the Buro and personally to Boorawchick. We can entrust you with our security: I'm giving you the key to Khox, a neighboring world. You'll be able to visit it now and then and signal us if you find our enemies."

[Zeeklope warning]
"Agent, the growth of your utility to the Buro exceeds all the Statistics Department's forecasts. We don't want to lose such a useful Agent, so you will receive instructions on the tactics to use on Necross shortly."
"You must not under any circumstances peek into ZeePa before you visit B-Zone!"

[Larvae Vision note]
"To the Buro: Your request on the Dominance level of this vanger is confirmed. Current status: category A50. Analysis carried out by Boorawchick..."
"Vanger, your push, as it was predicted by the Buro, allows you to get in direct visual contact with a Larva. Watch its movement on the map integrated into your mechos. You can now start purposeful cirt harvesting activity. I hereby commend you and Boorawchick."

Boorawchick's answers:
"Who or what is mechos, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"Mechos is the Buro-owned equipment. It's entrusted to you for the time of your service."
/ Commissar /
"A vanger must know everything about his mechos."
/ Agent /
"A machine for inter-bunch communication and for carrying out the Buro's missions."

"Who or what is Fostral, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"Fostral is beyond your scope. You serve Glorx, so serve well, keep your eyes to the waters, and don't get distracted."
/ Commissar /
"It's been too long since I've heard about any of your achievements from Geer'ah or Oboorez. You serve the Beeboorats, not the Eleepods."
/ Agent /
"Fostral is a world of sticky Eleepods. There's a Passage on Glorx that ends on Fostral. You must visit it sometime."

"Who or what is Eleepods, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"Dumb beasts. Maybe a little bit more clever than you. There's something in you that resembles Eleepod spawn."
/ Commissar /
"Extra-fat beasts. They make their stink on Fostral. Commissars are not allowed to contact them."
/ Agent /
"A product for a Beeboorat's digestive tract. The work among the Eleepods is an important mission for the Buro. If you get us a worm, you'll be rewarded."

"Who or what is Leepky, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"Inquiry ignored."
/ Commissar /
"The main enemy of Glorx. You'd better gain some experience before asking."
/ Agent /
"Leepky is the Eleepod commander. He's rather cunning. According to other Agents, he keeps some suspicious objects hidden in his burrow. You need to investigate this."

"Who or what is Podish, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"Podish is far, Boorawchick is near, and the Buro is everywhere! Work hard and fear, slave!"
/ Commissar /
"The main Eleepod hole. For their own safety, Commissars are not allowed to come close to Podish."
/ Agent /
"The oldest escave in the Chain of Worlds. And the most vicious. Inhabited by the extremely wily Eleepods. Be careful there, Agent."

"Who or what is escave, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"Vangers and beebs are not permitted to enter escaves. They are only allowed in the holding area."
/ Commissar /
"We live in escaves and store our treasures there. Why do you want to know?"
/ Agent /
"The Buro invented escaves to defeat our enemies' plot to conquer the Beeboorats."

"Who or what is pod, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"This word is in the forbidden list. You can't use it in escaves."
/ Commissar /
"Don't make me angry! I stand for Beeboorat interests."
/ Agent /
"Pod is the Eleepod terrorist organization. We do all we can to resist it!"

"Who or what is bunch, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"The Beeboorat bunches are raising you. Be grateful and diligent."
/ Commissar /
"I, Boorawchick, govern the bunch of Beeboorats in VigBoo. That's why our bunch is the most authoritative on Glorx."
/ Agent /
"All bios in the Chain are concentrated in bunches. The Beeboorat bunches are the main ones."

"Who or what is The Chain, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"Glorx is in the center of the Chain. That's all that Slaves are permitted to know."
/ Commissar /
"The Chain is Glorx plus a few other worlds. The Passages connect them."
/ Agent /
"Glorx, Fostral, Necross, Xplo and a few abandoned worlds comprise the Chain. The Buro wants to control all of them."

"Who or what is Larvae, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"Inquiry completely ignored. To Buro: Requesting information about overcurious Slaves."
/ Commissar /
"This information is unavailable to Commissars, in the interests of Beeboorat security."
/ Agent /
"Larvae are everything to all bios. It's thanks to the Larvae that cycles change, Heroes perform exploits, and castaways pay for their crimes. Larvae live deep under the ground, beyond our reach. But the Buro overcomes these difficulties by... Hmm, enough said."

"Who or what is Beeboorats, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"We Beeboorats are the pride of Glorx, the dread of Fostral, the rulers of beebs, the favorites of the Larvae, and the adornment of the Chain. Isn't that enough?"
/ Commissar /
"I, Boorawchick, am an exemplary Beeboorat, authorized by the Buro!"
/ Agent /
"This Agent is suspiciously forgetful about whom he serves. To Buro: Observing an Agent with low loyalty."

"Who or what is Glorx, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"You're plowing the roads of Glorx, the best world in the Chain."
/ Commissar /
"Glorx is the adornment of the Chain of Worlds."
/ Agent /
"Glorx is the wettest of the worlds. Preach the greatness of Glorx everywhere!"

"Who or what is raffa, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"Rebels! The Buro is preparing a decree commanding their total and unconditional exploitation."
/ Commissar /
"Degenerates that don't respect the Buro. They interfere with our operations."
/ Agent /
"Don't have any dealings with them, Agent. You've got other responsibilities."

"Who or what is Incubator, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"The major Eleepod escave. A Slave doesn't need this information."
/ Commissar /
"The place where Eleepods are born. This top-secret information was delivered by the Buro's Agents."
/ Agent /
"An Agent's mission is to keep a good watch over Incubator."

"Who or what is bios, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"You are not tied to any particular bios. Thus, the Buro limits the time you may spend in our escaves."
/ Commissar /
"All bios obey Larvae, and the best bios is Beeboorats. They obey Larvae and the Buro. Therefore the others are insignificant."
/ Agent /
"Three bios have been fixed in the worlds of the Chain: Eleepods, Beeboorats, and Zeexen. There are some rumors going around about the Departed Bios. This information is of interest to the Buro."

"Who or what is cirt, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"I'm hereby notifying you of the Buro's decree: To avoid mixing up different sorts of cirt, Slaves are not permitted to bring any rectangular objects that they find on worlds into escaves."
/ Commissar /
"Were it not for cirt, Progress wouldn't happen, the Election of the Castaways would never start, and the time for Heroes' exploits wouldn't come. Time would stop and life would become impossible."
/ Agent /
"Cirt is soil collected from the place where a Larva once was. Each Agent's primary mission is to find these places and collect the cirt."

"Who or what is Feenger, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"With curiosity like that you'll be hanging around with the castaways in Ogorod pretty soon!"
/ Commissar /
"A piece of Leepky."
/ Agent /
"Go to Incubator and you'll see for yourself."

"Who or what is Passage, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"Slaves are not permitted to come close to Passages, to prevent their being spoiled or plugged up."
/ Commissar /
"Passages connect worlds. The Buro knows the secret of travelling through Passages."
/ Agent /
"A vanger's mechos can go through a Passage into another world."

"Who or what is Zeexen, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"Contact with the Zeexen leads Slaves to treachery. Forget about them!"
/ Commissar /
"Inhabitants of Necross, wannabe fliers, with evil tongues and no morals."
/ Agent /
"A headache for the Buro. The Zeexen from their upper escave are hatching a conspiracy to poison the Buro and its counselors. Go there and defeat the scoundrels' plot."

"Who or what is eLeech, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"Just get it, wheeler! Here is the description: wrinkled, big head, distinct Eleepod smell."
/ Commissar /
"A product of Incubator. The Buro's analysts have identified him as an immature Eleepod. He's valuable."
/ Agent /
"Many of our Agents have died trying to capture and deliver an eLeech. By now, the Buro and its counselors have forgotten what an eLeech tastes like..."

"Who or what is nymbos, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"The Buro has waved your request aside."
/ Commissar /
"When an eLeech isn't available, the Buro chows down on nymbos."
/ Agent /
"Attention, Agent! Your curiosity oversteps the Buro's general boundaries for Agents."

"Who or what is Eleerection, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"Boorawchick feels sick from this word."
/ Commissar /
"The dumb Eleepods couldn't manage Progress or Heroism, so they have the Eleerection."
/ Agent /
"If you ever happen to be on Fostral during the Eleerection, stay sharp."

"Who or what is vangers, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"The dregs of the bios. Only the wise Buro could find a use for them, earning even more praise for the Beeboorats."
/ Commissar /
"Most vangers vegetate on the worlds. Only the best become Agents and deliver cirt."
/ Agent /
"The Buro only recently recognized the vangers' usefulness."

"Who or what is phlegma, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"Why do you need phlegma? To grease your mechos? Don't ruin the Buro's equipment!"
/ Commissar /
"The crummy Eleepods can only lie about in phlegma."
/ Agent /
"I don't need phlegma. Geer'ah knows what it's used for - the Heroes in the stadium tumble about in the slime!"

"Who or what is The Softie, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"Start picking up Valorins immediately!"
/ Commissar /
"According to our information from the Zeexen, the Softie are somehow connected to Fostral."
/ Agent /
"The Buro believes that all the Passages were built by the Softie. The Agents' mission is to find traces of them. The Buro wants to build Passages also."

"Who or what is The Cryspo, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"Where did you hear about the Cryspo, you dim Slave?"
/ Commissar /
"The Cryspo once ruled the whole Chain of Worlds."
/ Agent /
"The Buro's analysts believe that Cryspo is another name for the Softie."

"Who or what is Necross, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"A source of stink and mold. The most appropriate place for worthless slaves."
/ Commissar /
"Necross is a big world inhabited by Zeexen. One huge rebel lair in one huge swamp!"
/ Agent /
"Necross is a worse place than Fostral! There is unverified information about a buried Passage on Necross. No one has actually seen it, but the Buro is quite interested in any information about it."

"Who or what is P-beam, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"Repeat your question louder. To Buro: Boorawchick has been provoked. Keeping cool and alert."
/ Commissar /
"The black shadow of the Eleepods' plot. Alas, Commissar, we are all in danger."
/ Agent /
"The P-beam is a gang of cunning Eleepods. Using the P-beam, they can see anything in the Chain. The Buro is raising lots of Agents so that they don't catch us unguarded."

"Who or what is Xplo, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"You speak about Xplo but can't even get to Ogorod!"
/ Commissar /
"A feeble Commissar wants to know about the world of shifting sands? Better go get to work at PeepShow!"
/ Agent /
"The fourth inhabited world. No one can get into its escave. According to the available information, a magical device is needed to get there. Nothing else is known."

"Who or what is Departed Bios, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"They were too lax with their slaves, which ruined them. But that's not a threat to us."
/ Commissar /
"They left lots of horrible weapons, and their disappearance is a mystery."
/ Agent /
"The Buro knows that this bios once aimed to gain full control over the Larvae, and it seems they succeeded."

"Who or what is Plump-up, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"Don't spoil the Boorawchick's home!"
/ Commissar /
"Eleepods plumped up from stupidity. But some Commissars are just as stupid!"
/ Agent /
"Agent! About face!"

"Who or what is Gulp-down, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"To Buro: Requesting information about free space in Ogorod. Need urgent deactivation of an insane Slave."
/ Commissar /
"An Eleepod cycle. The Beeboorats have no interest in it."
/ Agent /
"I order you not to go to Fostral anymore. It affects you in a bad way."

"Who or what is beebs, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"Beebs could save even an abject slave. But what for?"
/ Commissar /
"This is what the Cryspo looked like. Probably."
/ Agent /
"We know more about this than the others. For you, it's a reward."

"Who or what is Creature Soup, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"The Buro tries its best to erase these rumors. But scabby slaves will dig this nonsense up anyway. What a shame..."
/ Commissar /
"Enemy propaganda. The Zeexen broadcast this stuff."
/ Agent /
"What I'm going to say will really bother you! According to the Zeexen accounts, the Eleepods and Beeboorats came from the Creature Soup."

"Who or what is The Clash, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"Hmm, you found the Zeexen tablets on Glorx, huh? Shall I remind you about the Manual? There are only two things a Slave needs to know about: Valorins and shrubs!"
/ Commissar /
"Something from long ago. The Buro has no interest in it."
/ Agent /
"Some of our weapons come from the time of the Clash."

"Who or what is Spiral, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"Unfortunately we can't take your spiral out of your mechos, scoundrel. Forget about it until we explicitly mention it."
/ Commissar /
"You ought to know better."
/ Agent /
"Different mechos have spirals of different sizes. You can't get into some of the worlds if you only have a little one."

"Who or what is ruBeecation, Counselor?"
/ Slave/
"ruBeecation is your initiation into the Buro's activity. The most important event in your life. All vangers without Rubbox are subject to ruBeecation."
/ Commissar /
"We cure lazy Commissars with ruBeecation. Once they try on Slave gear, they all understand the wisdom and kindness of the Buro."
/ Agent /
"ruBeecation of an Agent is an extreme measure. The sapless worlds sometimes affect our servants so badly that they lose their minds and become unsuitable for any position but that of Slave."

"Who or what is Rubbox, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"The Buro exterminates unregistered vangers. You are lucky and are now registered as a Beeboorat slave. Your Rubbox certifies this. From now on, your every step is recorded and evaluated. Losing your Rubbox will lead to deplorable consequences."
/ Commissar /
"Your Rubbox tells me whether to degrade you or whether to promote you to Commissar. Your Rubbox is you. No Rubbox, no you."
/ Agent /
"An Agent that hasn't learned what a Rubbox is yet? Guess that's because of all that shaking and moisture. He's forgotten that he was once a Slave!"

"Who or what is VigBoo, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"Here in VigBoo you start your difficult yet honorable service to the Beeboorats. It's here you must load Valorins and shrubs and ship them to their respective destinations."
/ Commissar /
"In VigBoo, you can find Boorawchick and learn about our laws and the Manual of the Buro."
/ Agent /
"The Beeboorats' stone citadel."

"Who or what is Lampasso, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"Remember the main rule, Slave. Lampasso is an escave in the upper part of Glorx. It's where the stadiums are, where the Heroes perform their feats. It's there you must deliver the Valorins which you collect here."
/ Commissar /
"The stadium is in Lampasso. Commissars bring Nucleobooms to the stadium. If you haven't learned this yet, I'll have to carry out your ruBeecation again!"
/ Agent /
"If you've forgotten this, don't try to recall it. The stylish Geer'ah will refresh your memory. "

"Who or what is Ogorod, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"The edge of Glorx, on the bottom of the world. Now you'll deliver shrubs there after you get them in the store here. But if you don't do your job, soon you'll be getting to know Ogorod from the inside!"
/ Commissar /
"The place where, by the order of the Buro, we exploit shrubs and dull vangers. You deliver peeperettes there. By the way, do you know what peeperettes are?"
/ Agent /
"Many fat beebs dwell near it. But a determined Agent can always earn some money by carrying out the Buro's missions!"

"Who or what is Valorin, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"You only need know two things: their source and their destination. You take Valorins from here and deliver them to Lampasso."
/ Commissar /
"The chosen one. His feats establish the Beeboorats' glory among all the weaker bios."
/ Agent /
"It's thanks to the Heroes' feats that the Beeboorats exist!"

"Who or what is shrub, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"Shrubs must be taken from VigBoo to Ogorod. A Slave will never become a Commissar without first working as a shrub-shipper!"
/ Commissar /
"Rejected by the Buro, this is the last refuge for peeperettes."
/ Agent /
"The Buro has received information that Eleepods are using our shrubs against us."

"Who or what is peeperette, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"Peeperettes fall from the sky. They're only for Commissars."
/ Commissar /
"Remember this description. Color: dark. Source: Jablees. Found on the roads of Glorx during the Election of the Castaways. Must be picked up and shipped to Ogorod."
/ Agent /
"Important items. Punishment for castaways."

"Who or what is Nucleoboom, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"The stylish Geer'ah will go crazy if he finds Nucleobooms in your cargo hold. Watch what you pick up!"
/ Commissar /
"The Heroes will not accomplish their feats without Nucleobooms, so gathering Nucleobooms is a Commissar's primary mission. Wait for Heroism, when you'll get additional instructions from Geer'ah."
/ Agent /
"Nucleobooms and peeperettes are related."

"Who or what is Jablee, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"Jablees watch over lazy, dull slaves. Yes, your every step is under the control of the Buro!"
/ Commissar /
"They show up during Heroism and the Election of the Castaways and disseminate Nucleobooms and peeperettes, respectively. Don't try to shoot them. They fly too high."
/ Agent /
"Jablees are the pride of the sons of Glorx. When they fly high above us, we are filled with courage and valor."

"Who or what is Progress, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"That's when we decide what to do with slaves."
/ Commissar /
"Boorawchick reports to the Buro about all work completed."
/ Agent /
"It's time for appointments and promotions in the Buro!"

"Who or what is Heroism, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"The Nucleoboom harvest. Slaves must not interfere with the Commissars' business."
/ Commissar /
"Jablees sow Nucleobooms on Glorx. A good chance for you to distinguish yourself, Commissar. But remember that Nucleobooms will not survive into the next cycle. Don't linger. Ship your harvest to Lampasso! Then Geer'ah will announce the winner of Nuclear War."
/ Agent /
"Inquiry ignored."

"Who or what is Election of Castaways, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"The peeperette harvest. Slaves must not interfere with the Commissars' business!"
/ Commissar /
"The Buro arranges the PeepShow for Commissars during this cycle. Place: roads of Glorx. Objective: peeperettes. Destination: Ogorod."
/ Agent /
"Go take a look around Ogorod, Agent. You'll remember it right away. But take care not to stay there forever!"

"Who or what is castaway, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"You're risking some unpleasant, first-hand experience in Ogorod, Slave."
/ Commissar /
"Alas, Commissar, not only do our enemies surround us, but there are enemies on the inside, too. And they are even more harmful. The Buro successfully roots them out."
/ Agent /
"Leepky likes our castaways."

"Who or what is PeepShow, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"If you work well, Slave, you'll get to see the amazing PeepShow."
/ Commissar /
"Commissar's first element. The intense harvesting of peeperettes! Oboorez will tell you the rules."
/ Agent /
"The Buro organizes the PeepShow so that the castaways receive proper punishment."

"Who or what is Nuclear War, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"A careless Slave can be accidentally squashed in Nuclear War."
/ Commissar /
"The reaping of the holy Nucleobooms, which are then delivered to the brave Heroes. You'll get instructions from the officer responsible for sports - Geer'ah."
/ Agent /
"Beware, Agent! If not for Nuclear War, many Heroes wouldn't get their Nucleobooms. The Buro would never allow this."

"Who or what is Geer'ah, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"Geer'ah compels observance of and obedience to the Buro's Manual. Don't goof up in front of him. Bring Valorins to Lampasso, and try not to complain."
/ Commissar /
"The officer in charge of sports events, a post of great responsibility. He resides in Lampasso."
/ Agent /
"The stylish Geer'ah, the hope of all the Beeboorats."

"Who or what is Boorawchick, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"I'm Boorawchick. It's thanks to my kindness that you've got the opportunity to work for Beeboorats. Be faithful and obedient. I'm keeping an eye on you!"
/ Commissar /
"The Buro tells you its decisions through Boorawchick. Hey, don't dig in my burrow! To Buro: I request the cracks in my office be plastered, for my security."
/ Agent /
"Boorawchick is the one who got bored with your stupid questions."

"Who or what is Oboorez, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"He'll receive shrubs from you in Ogorod. Be aware that I'm in communication with him."
/ Commissar /
"The officer responsible for the exploitation of shrubs. He is in charge of peeperettes and the PeepShow. Inclined to garbage collection."
/ Agent /
"Old and stupid. He is loyal to the Buro, however."

"Who or what is The Buro, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"The Buro is concerned about the purpose of your existence. Don't disappoint the Buro."
/ Commissar /
"Buro is the power and wisdom of the Beeboorats and the godfather of worthless vangers."
/ Agent /
"I am the Buro."

"Who or what is Slave, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"A shabby wheeler who has just started his service to the Buro to repay the honor the Beeboorats have done him by registering him."
/ Commissar /
"Unsuccessful wheelers. You became a Commissar thanks to your hard work, but failure to observe the Manual will make you a slave again."
/ Agent /
"Some of them are Agents that have lost their Rubbox."

"Who or what is Commissar, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"Commissar is the next level of your service."
/ Commissar /
"Commissars take part in PeepShow and Nuclear War."
/ Agent /
"We value Agents more than Commissars."

"Who or what is Agent, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"If a Slave asks about Agents, it's probably a good Slave. Serve us well and you'll know everything soon enough."
/ Commissar /
"I guess it will take you a long time to rise to the rank of Agent!"
/ Agent /
"The hands of Glorx in other worlds."

"Who or what is Manual, Counselor?"
/ Slave /
"The Buro devised the Manual so that you wouldn't just ramble over the worlds filling your brain with worthless thoughts. Bless fate for giving you the Manual."
/ Commissar /
"Whoever follows the Manual strictly will rise to the rank of Agent quickly!"
/ Agent /
"Without the Manual, Beeboorat life would be impossible."

"Who or what is ZeePa, Counselor?"
"Zeexen's main escave. Many of our best Agents disappeared in ZeePa."

"Who or what is B-Zone, Counselor?"
"B-Zone is the nest of those Zeexen-poisoners. The Buro has sent many Agents there to subvert them, but so far all in vain..."

"Who or what is Zeephra, Counselor?"
"Zeephra is the counselor of ZeePa. She is a very dangerous enemy and is hatching a plot against the Buro. Some say she eats Beeboorats!"

"Who or what is Khox, Counselor?"
"To get out of Khox, you must be able to handle your mechos better than any Agent. Any lingering on the roads of Khox is fatal!"
The list is not final, and it will be updated as we learn new words and concepts.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Geer'ah's reactions:
[DEAD w/o Rubbox]
"Ha! What luck: a fugitive slave showed up... Without his Rubbox, slob!"
"Hi, duffer! Thanks for visiting Geer'ah. He'll give you a job. The Heroes are taking to the field soon, and you will help them."

[Nuclear War Win (Slave)]
"A Slave's win in the Nuclear War means there is a flaw in our education system. Boorawchick will get an admonition! I ought to execute you, but I'll give you a chance to redeem yourself."

[Nuclear War Participation (Slave)]
"You dared to come with Nucleobooms, Slave! A single touch from you will befoul a Nucleoboom forever. You're on the list of the Buro's enemies. Another offense and the Heroes will kick your head around the stadium."

[Nuclear War Win (Commissar)]
"Commissar! On this momentous occasion I would like to congratulate you on your win in the Nuclear War! Your bravery is comparable to that of the Heroes in the stadium."
"Boorawchick has received confirmation of your success. The Buro is preparing the documents for your advancement."

[Nuclear War Participation (Commissar)]
"Sacred Nucleobooms for brave Heroes! This is the meaning of your service and your otherwise useless life. The Heroes will thank you, the humble worker who enabled their victory!"

[Nuclear War Win (Agent)]
"Agent, you are wasting your energy and my patience. You won the Nuclear War, but that's for slow Commissars. The Buro defined the purpose of every mite, and they know better how things are meant to be."

[Nuclear War Participation (Agent)]
"You decided to wait in the rear and ship Nucleobooms, you scabby, feeble Agent? While the brave Heroes are performing deeds of valor in the stadium?"
"You'd prefer the rank of Commissar, huh? I'm writing a detailed report to the Buro about your 'feats.' I'm sure the decision regarding your demotion will soon follow."

[Slave Arrival]
"A Slave arrived. They are all miserable slaves..."

[Commissar Arrival]
"Commissar! I'm Geer'ah, your big brother. I'm the one who takes care of you."

[Agent Arrival]
"My greetings to you, Agent! Is there anything Geer'ah can help you with?"

"Slave, your monkey tricks make me laugh! This is Lampasso; Geer'ah is here and shrubs aren't my business! Turn your crate around and get out of here and into Ogorod!"

[Repeatedly Shrub in Inventory (Slave)]
"Slave! You are obstinate in your error. You disappointed the Buro and they declared your existence meaningless. I am assigned to carry out the appropriate procedure."
"However, the merciful Buro is giving you a chance to die and wash away your guilt. You will take part in the Competition!"
"..."
"Dear Slave, a message just arrived about a new record in the Zeppelins competition. The hero produced such a powerful pop that it caused a series of rock slides that blocked three approaches to the stadium. This is great news! I am granting you a pardon: live on for the benefit of the Buro. Your property, however, is confiscated to reward the hero."

[Heroin in Inventory (Slave)]
"Handle Valorins with care, you clumsy freak!"

[Peeperette in Inventory (Slave)]
"Haw-haw, the zealous mite brought me peeperettes. You're getting on my nerves! Listen, you crummy grub, our Heroes don't need peeperettes! This is a famous place and I won't let you dirty it!"
"Drive the peeperettes to Ogorod! If Oboorez doesn't report your arrival to me soon, our fury will get at you wherever you are."

[Repeatedly Peeperette in Inventory (Slave)]
"The scabby Slave came with peeperettes again! You didn't heed our instructions and spat on the Manual. Well, we'll show you the purpose of peeperettes. I just wish the seeds weren't wasted on a scab like you. But at least this is going to be a lesson to other slaves!"
"..."
"All right, you dumb creature, live on - today is your lucky day. A message from VigBoo just arrived about a planned shipment of Valorins. All available Slaves must get down to loading and shipping. Get over there quickly. I'll empty your bay so that it has more room for cargo."

"Commissar! We weren't expecting anyone with shrubs here. Don't expect a warm welcome. Your stumble may screw up our sporting events!"
"I'll send an inquiry to the Buro to check your personal file."

[Repeatedly Shrub in Inventory (Commissar)]
"Your crimes against the Beeboorats have exhausted all patience. Your promotion to Commissar was definitely premature. However, the Buro can correct their mistake: hand in your Rubbox, you've brought enough shame upon it!"

[Heroin in Inventory (Commissar)]
"Commissar, you're always welcome here with Valorin. Work hard, but remember that the Heroes need Nucleobooms... Don't make them wait too long!"

[Peeperette in Inventory (Commissar)]
"The Commissar brought a peeperette. The stylish Geer'ah is stunned! Slipshod Commissars like you could ruin the Beeboorats to the joy of our numerous enemies. Think better of it before it's too late!"

[Repeatedly Peeperette in Inventory (Commissar)]
"You must've stolen your Rubbox, scoundrel! The Beeboorats' Commissars have never been so dumb: the Buro keeps close tabs on them! Get lost, Slave! Go wash away your guilt!"

"I must've lost my vision, what with all this heavy duty. Pink elephants and now Agents with shrubs... But I KNOW this can't be. Begone, foul vision!"

[Repeatedly Shrub in Inventory (Agent)]
"The worst guest is an Agent with a shrub. It's a pity. Your have turned your push against your own mentors... Guess that's because of your idleness. But it can be fixed. Commissar, you now have many more things to do."

[Heroin in Inventory (Agent)]
"I'm always glad to get Valorin... But not from an Agent! In these rugged times our best soldiers waste time on trifles. It makes me bitter just thinking about it..."

[Peeperette in Inventory (Agent)]
"A brave Agent brought a trifling peeperette. An odd case... Let's take a look at your Rubbox. Well, well... The Agent is new and green. Okay, since it's your first time I'll just give you a reprimand."

[Repeatedly Peeperette in Inventory (Agent)]
"An Agent with a peeperette again! And with a reprimand on his Rubbox! The Agent failed! It's a disaster, we must remove all traces! My duty is to liquidate the loser Agent!"
"..."
"All right, I've been too hasty. Your medical file has just been brought from VigBoo. It appears you're overworked and got hung up on peeperettes. Live on, poor thing. I'll take your belongings and you go have some carefree fun. Maybe you'll calm down..."

[Sports Introduction]
"Well, wheeler, it's time to tell you about our rites, or else you will perish in the darkness. The feats of our brave heroes are the cornerstone of Beeboorat existence and are performed in the stadium under my guidance."
"The valor of our heroes is high, and so is their glory. Stylish Geer'ah is only a humble helper to those who host the competitions. Here are some of them."

[B-Sport 01]
"Listen, you wretched little scrub, and admire the utter bravery of the heroes who take part in Gorodki. Here are the rules:"
" This competition is for true heroes. They spend a lot of time preparing for it, thinking of eternal glory."
"Sacred Nucleobooms are piled up in front of the competitor, and he must break them using only parts of his own body. Some lack of accuracy is compensated by extreme bravery."
"Everybody still remembers the feat of one hero who managed to complete the competition using his head, having lost all his limbs!"

[Nuclear War Waiting]
"Commissar, you can stay here with the charming Geer'ah and listen to his wise advice to expand your mind. When the Nuclear War begins, you'll go for Nucleobooms. The more you collect, the better for you!
- Okay, Geer'ah, I'll wait, but not for long...
"Jablees are in the air, go bring me the Nucleobooms now! I'll prepare the brave Heroes for their exploits in the meantime.
- Anything else, you rickety beast? I'll get by without your advice!
"Give me none of your lip! Go get a basket of Nucleobooms, or I'll tell the Buro about your mischief!"

[Nymbos in Inventory]
"I see nymbos and I'm very proud of our plain workers' outstanding performance."

[Phlegma in Inventory]
"Hee! Eleepod mucus. All right, have some beebs for your pain, mucus shipper..."

[eLeech in Inventory]
"Come to me, lip-smacking eLeech! What a joy! I'm so proud of my nursling. The Buro will make note of your services!I know, anyone can become a true hero!"

[Cirt in Inventory]
"Gee whiz! The flabby vanger pulled his wimpy muscles together and secured some cirt... That's good. I'm glad you are taking the way of a loyal servant of the Buro. The Heroes perform their feats in the stadium and Nucleoboom falls from the sky for a good cause."
"Praise the stylish Geer'ah, who beat some useful and practical thoughts into your dull head. Now fly to VigBoo and hand the cirt to Boorawchick. He'll weigh it and evaluate it properly."

[BadCirt in Inventory]
"It's not usually so hard to bear my honorable burden. This is worse than when I smell toxick... Need to take some choice cirt... But where can I get it?"

[GoodCirt in Inventory]
"Oh la la, what clearness in my head! I was inspired! I remembered the multiplication table! What joy! Now I can devise a few new competitions for the Heroes! Want to take part? Just a joke, midget. Your cherished Geer'ah feels really good today."

[Fake Nucleoboom found]
"Wait, what's wrong with these Nucleobooms? They're a strange color and their weight is different... I got it! They're counterfeit! You dusty sack, you wanted to cheat Geer'ah? You're wasting your time. I can notice even the slightest deviation from the rules here in the stadium."
"I can see right through you, you pilferers. Geer'ah will never allow fake Nucleobooms in the stadiums. The heroes need only the best for their farewell performance! You nucleo-forger, dump your plunder there, near the bench. I'll check to see if there's anything else illegal there!"

[Last Moggy part note]
"It's been a while since I've seen as pushy a vanger as you. You can help me! I'm planning to relocate to VigBoo soon... But that's a secret, so keep quiet! I need a really tough mechos for the trip, for proper protection..."
"So listen up: Box is a part of Last Moggy. Go ahead, put the machine together and hold your tongue. When I whistle, you come here to die for me! If they torture you, you say nothing..."

[Wormaster part note]
"You continue to please me, vanger. A soldier like you would make the crowds marvel at their nimbleness and daring in the stadium. But the mechoses are your business, wheeler. So, let's talk mechoses."
"The Cogged Widget is a part of Wormaster, our secret weapon against the Eleepods. Keep an eye on it!"

[Zeeklope warning]
"Wheeler! You've entertained stylish Geer'ah well and I would like to pay you back in kind. I'll tell you what the Zeexen do to you ramblers. Mad Zeephra, who lives in ZeePa, envelops all the vangers that she catches in clay and sends them to B-Zone as souvenirs."
"Funny, huh? So don't go to ZeePa, go to B-Zone instead. The local Zeexen are not that crazy..."

[Larvae Vision note]
"Hey, wheeler! Your Dominance has reached 50% of the level of a Buro Superagent. Well done! You are being granted access to information about Larvae movement. Keep an eye on the map!"

Geer'ah's answers:
/ Slave /
"A vehicle built to deliver brave heroes to the stadium to perform exploits. You are but a dubious addition to it. The Buro gives out mechoses, and every Slave must take care of his!"
/ Commissar /
"Fill up your mechos with Nucleobooms to the full, Commissar, or you'll lose it quickly."
/ Agent /
"Agent! Your mechos must extend the immense glory of the Beeboorats to the sapless worlds."

/ Slave /
" Slave, you will not be able to hide from the Buro on Fostral! Don't even think about it! Even your curiosity could be considered a crime!"
/ Commissar /
"Commissar, boost your efforts and serve harder, and then you'll see Fostral, where the enemies of the Beeboorats live."
/ Agent /
"The oldest of the sapless worlds. The fat Eleepods inhabit Fostral, and objects of interest to the Buro can be acquired there."

/ Slave /
"The Eleepods would never save a lazy Slave. The Buro liquidates every pro-Eleepod idea it comes across! Be modest, Slave."
/ Commissar /
"Futile blabberers who live in holes and are known for their subversive propaganda. I love eating Eleepods!"
/ Agent /
"Eleepods are fat soft worms from Fostral. They extract slime from nymbos. And they're very tasty! An Agent's mission is to capture and deliver an Eleepod here. Be alert, though: they can talk an inexperienced Agent to death!"

/ Slave /
"I can tell you what a Valorin is, you empty-headed wheeler. That's the only thing you really need in that noggin of yours!"
/ Commissar /
"Leepky is a meat that is much too strong for you. He's the most important Eleepod... and the tastiest!"
/ Agent /
"You are a nimble Agent, and Leepky is a shrewd Eleepod. Many Agents have wanted to bring him to me. You're way too puny for the job."

/ Slave /
"Tired of serving the Beeboorats? Wish you could go back to Podish? Well, ride out of here and praise the stylish Geer'ah for his leniency!"
/ Commissar /
"Right, Commissar. Have you collected all the Nucleobooms on Glorx yet? No one in Podish will be happy to see you rolling them in, that's for sure..."
/ Agent /
"The main escave of the Eleepods. Go through the Passage, then down along Fostral. Leepky is seated there, and some day the Beeboorats will get in. Your mission is to hasten that day!"

/ Slave /
"Slave! Your continuing visit befouls the escave of Lampasso."
/ Commissar /
"The underwater lodgings of the Beeboorats, where they keep their heroes' stadiums."
/ Agent /
"All the bios of the Chain live there, and hostile escaves always hold lots of goodies. Find them and bring them here!"

/ Slave /
"This Slave has picked up some Eleepod swear words? Only the zealous delivery of heroes will save you from the Buro's wrath now!"
/ Commissar /
"Top secret!"
/ Agent /
"Unfortunately, Agent, the Buro doesn't know what this is. We presume it's one of the Eleepods' evil conspiracies. Find out more about it!"

/ Slave /
"A bunch is a group of Beeboorats. Beware of bunches, Slave!!"
/ Commissar /
"The stylish Geer'ah is the master of the Lampasso bunch, and the Beeboorats revere him."
/ Agent /
"Bunches inhabit escaves, and you are one of my bunch's valued servants. Deliver some cirt to Geer'ah."

/ Slave /
"The Chain is boundless, but you will spend the rest of your days here. Keep working for the Beeboorats and forget about the Chain."
/ Commissar /
"A number of worlds linked together by Passages. The prosperous Glorx lies at the heart of the Chain."
/ Agent /
"The Chain is where our Agents are active, infiltrating different worlds and praising the Beeboorats."

/ Slave /
"Shut up, you stinky piece of garbage! Get to VigBoo, double-time! I need heroes!"
/ Commissar /
"Commissar! Fear the Buro! This is under its authority. The Larvae are the most important thing in the Chain."
/ Agent /
"The Buro never gives out that information. Only the best Agents are allowed to work with the Larvae. But every bunch follows their instructions, so the Buro's current objective is to catch one."

/ Slave /
"It's us, your benefactors. Our mercy on the defective Slaves has already become a legend throughout the Chain."
/ Commissar /
"To serve Beeboorats is a great honor. Fear the Beeboorats!"
/ Agent /
"The Beeboorats are the main bios in the Chain, and our forces are immense. Serve the Beeboorats with all you've got and you'll become the best of the vangers in the universe!"

/ Slave /
"A lovely water world inhabited by cheerful creatures. Where else would the locals put up with the ravings of an ignorant Slave?"
/ Commissar /
"Are you lost, you daft Commissar? Look around! You're on Glorx."
/ Agent /
"Glorx is not the best place for an Agent."

/ Slave /
"Morons who exist only thanks to our kindness. You're one of them, most likely."
/ Commissar /
"Many of them are negligent Commissars. Don't you forget it!"
/ Agent /
"Forget them. Unless you want to find out in great detail, that is."

/ Slave /
"A place any Beeboorat would love to visit. It's not a Slave's place to know anything about it."
/ Commissar /
"A nice, cozy place belonging to the Eleepods. You can find some pretty interesting things there."
/ Agent /
"Every ardent Agent ought to pay a visit there. eLeeches are bred in Incubator, and so the Buro keeps a close watch over the place."

/ Slave /
"Our bios has given purpose to your existence."
/ Commissar /
"The Buro has counted three bios in the Chain: the Beeboorats, the Eleepods, and the Zeexen. Everything is under control!"
/ Agent /
"The Beeboorats are the dominant bios in the Chain, and we have the best Agents."

/ Slave /
"Your head is too small for that kind of knowledge. It would be a happy coincidence if you mnanage to find the cirt we need."
/ Commissar /
"Did you ask about cirt? That's what the Beeboorats value most! Each bios collects its own."
/ Agent /
"Cirt is a product made by Larvae. Only thge most skillful Agents are able to get it, and the Buro rewards them!"

/ Slave /
"Slave! The Buro cannot train an idiot like you. Think more about the great heroes and aerate your brains as often as you can."
/ Commissar /
"The master of Incubator. Reported to be in contact with Leepky..."
/ Agent /
"Feenger only entrusts the eLeeches to reliable vangers. You must win his trust."

/ Slave /
"Hey, are you going to buzz off? No way, it won't happen! The Buro will get at you no matter where you are! Steer clear of the Passages."
/ Commissar /
"The Passages have stood since ancient times. The Beeboorats use them to govern the worlds."
/ Agent /
"Only Agents are allowed to use the passages to infiltrate other worlds, and only in service to the Buro."

/ Slave /
"The stylish Geer'ah doesn't recommend Slaves to socialize with the Zeexen."
/ Commissar /
"The good-for-nothing inhabitants of Necross. I bet the swamps have already swallowed them up."
/ Agent /
"Blockheads. They collect all kinds of stories and don't respect Glorx. Every Agent's mission is to convince the Zeexen that the Beeboorats are the mightiest bios. We need you to sneak into their escave three times."

/ Slave /
"We only put up with the Eleepods for the sake of the eLeeches. The stylish Geer'ah values them greatly."
/ Commissar /
"A tender, yummy feast. It's hard to get, though."
/ Agent /
"Those sly Eleepods fuss over it like mad. An eLeech delivery is something the Buro values highly."

/ Slave /
"You'd better bring some heroes if you want to make Geer'ah happy.
/ Commissar /
"A product of Podish. Makes a good dressing for eLeech."
/ Agent /
"For an Agent, delivering a nymbos is just degrading!"

/ Slave /
"Learn the Buro's Manuals. Eleepod affairs are none of your business! Brush up on what the Progress, Heroism, and Election of the Castaways are. I'll test you later."
/ Commissar /
"PeepShow and Nuclear War are where you should be. That's the Beeboorats' cycles."
/ Agent /
"One of the Eleepods' cycles. During this time, you can get an eLeech for the Buro."

/ Slave /
"A good vanger is a vanger who serves the Buro. The rest are trash."
/ Commissar /
"Without the Beeboorats all vangers would have kicked the bucket. Our kind attitude can be repaid only by your hard toil."
/ Agent /
"You're weird creatures. You don't even need cirt. Even a skinny Eleepod is more valuable than all of you put together."

/ Slave /
" That's what you have instead of brains."
/ Commissar /
"You should bring some phlegma here from Incubator. It smells like eLeech, and heroes love to slide around on it."
/ Agent /
"Only the unstylish Zeexen like phlegma. This is awfully degrading for an Agent."

/ Slave /
"The Softie are Slaves who didn't obey the Buro and died a terrible death!"
/ Commissar /
"Some kind of strange creatures."
/ Agent /
"Ask the Zeexen. The Buro prohibits discussions of fairy tales while on duty."

/ Slave /
"The glorious Beeboorats descended from the Cryspo."
/ Commissar /
"The Cryspo were ancient, gloomy Beeboorats. They didn't have a Buro, so they died out."
/ Agent /
"The Zeexen have the files about the Cryspo, and the Buro wants to get this information."

/ Slave /
"I hope I never hear that word coming out of a Slave's mouth ever again!"
/ Commissar /
"A world flooded with stinky water and even stinkier inhabitants."
/ Agent /
"The last large world in the Chain, inhabited by the Zeexen. We get our cirt from there. Go explore it."

/ Slave /
"Say what? You brought a hero? What? Speak up!"
/ Commissar /
"Quiet, Commissar! That word is to not be said aloud! The enemies of Glorx are everywhere!"
/ Agent /
"With the help of their P-beam, those darn Eleepods receive secret information. This greatly concerns the Buro."

/ Slave /
"You're fortunate to be on Glorx, Slave!"
/ Commissar /
"An evil place. A Departed Bios once disappeared there."
/ Agent /
"Many fine Agents have never returned from there. There is a mysterious escave there that no one can get into, and the Buro suspects the headquarters of the Main Enemies of Glorx is located inside. Any information about this is of vital importance to the Beeboorats."

/ Slave /
"They once incurred the Buro's anger, and now they are forgotten."
/ Commissar /
"Former residents of the Chain of Worlds who have decided to keep away from the Beeboorats."
/ Agent /
"Bios which formerly ruled the worlds. Their disappearance is somehow related to the Larvae."

/ Slave /
"Don't bring the Buro's rage down upon yourself, you puny little organism. It looks like the ruBeecation hasn't drained all of these trashy words from your brains yet."
/ Commissar /
"The stylish Geer'ah doesn't give a damn about that."
/ Agent /
"Something to do with the Eleepods. It's not dangerous."

/ Slave /
"You brainless parasite! Slaves like you live very short lives on Glorx. I'd bet you your mechos that you have no idea what the Progress is..."
/ Commissar /
"Stop swearing like that, Commissar."
/ Agent /
"This is of no concern to the Buro."

/ Slave /
"Too generous a reward for a skinny Slave."
/ Commissar /
"We value them highly. They include some very special specimens."
/ Agent /
"Serve the Beeboorats with all you've got and you'll always have plenty of beebs."

/ Slave /
"This upsets the stylish Geer'ah."
/ Commissar /
"The Buro has established this as nothing more than the ravings of the Zeexen."
/ Agent /
"The Buro has utilized this information."

/ Slave /
"The past must not be the concern of a Slave. Valorins are what we need in the present!"
/ Commissar /
"A great war."
/ Agent /
"According to the information received from the Zeexen, this is somehow related to the Cryspo and the Softie."

/ Slave /
"You'll never have a use for Spiral."
/ Commissar /
"A mysterious device found in each mechos. "
/ Agent /
"A charged Spiral lets a mechos go through a Passage."

/ Slave/
"A lot of useless rabble hang around the Chain. You used to be like them, but the generous Buro took you on and ruBeecated you, lest you become lost again."
/ Commissar /
"Any vanger without a Rubbox is subjected to ruBeecation, according to the wisdom of Glorx."
/ Agent /
"Missing the life of a Slave? We can cure that with ruBeecation."

/ Slave /
"Missing your Rubbox means you'll soon be missing your head! Every Slave must carry this token of the Buro with him, so take good care of yours!"
/ Commissar /
"he Buro keeps an eye on its vangers. Your Rubbox records your life and service to the Beeboorats. No Rubbox means no service record. Pretty straightforward."
/ Agent /
"An Agent without a Rubbox is a Slave."

/ Slave /
"The Beeboorats' main escave, at the center of Glorx. That's where they registered you and gave you a job."
/ Commissar /
"VigBoo is where you can receive praise... or punishment."
/ Agent /
"The powerful Buro is seated in VigBoo."

/ Slave /
"You're spreading a terrible smell all over Lampasso and testing my patience! Your task is to deliver Valorins here. Get that in your head!"
/ Commissar /
"You're in Lampasso now, you stupid Commissar. Just to remind you, your task is to bring Nucleobooms here, and fast."
/ Agent /
"Do not forget the way here."

/ Slave /
"Ogorod is at the very bottom of Glorx. Oboorez is there, waiting for shrubs. Don't forget!"
/ Commissar /
"The farthest of the escaves. Talented Commissars deliver peeperettes there."
/ Agent /
"The Slaveocks of Glorx. You have no business there anymore."

/ Slave /
"The goal of your life is getting and delivering Valorins."
/ Commissar /
"A hero ready for glorious exploits. You deliver sacred Nucleobooms in order to assist him."
/ Agent /
"A balsam for the stylish Geer'ah."

/ Slave /
"Don't even think of bringing them here! The shrubs are to be taken to Ogorod, to be together with the peeperettes."
/ Commissar /
"A bad Beeboorat. The Buro has sent him to Ogorod, where he will grow. Peeperettes are meant for this kind of Beeboorat."
/ Agent /
"An Agent showing an unhealthy interest in shrubs? That's strange..."

/ Slave /
"Hey, is this a peeperette you've brought, you fool? How dare you pick up something lying on the roads of Glorx!"
/ Commissar /
"The Jablees deliver these to us. The Commissars collect dark peeperettes during the Election of the Castaways, peeperettes which the Jablees shower lavishly on the roads. The Buro has found a proper use for them in Ogorod, so don't bring them here."
/ Agent /
"Any Agent keen on peeperettes must disappear immediately."

/ Slave /
"Don't you dare touch the sacred Nucleobooms! Your rank isn't high enough for that. If you spot something on the road, just pass by."
/ Commissar /
"Brave heroes cannot do without the holy fruit of Jablees. Every deed of valor has this fruit behind it! The Nucleoboom harvest begins when the Heroism cycle starts. By the end of the cycle, all of the Nucleobooms will have spoiled. The Commissar's mission is to ensure that the heroes all get their Nucleobooms."
/ Agent /
"Heroes like Nucleobooms, which is why Geer'ah loves them."

/ Slave /
"Don't lift up your empty head so high. Watch the road! Then no silly thoughts will trouble you."
/ Commissar /
"I guess you've seen some of those flying objects already. They're Jablees. It's a Commissar's job to follow them since they leave behind holy Nucleobooms and dark peeperettes."
/ Agent /
"Some sort of seaweed. If you don't give a damn about the Buro's missions anymore, you'd better ask Oboorez about this."

/ Slave /
"You've got the right sort of curiosity. Progress is the best time for loading heroes into the mechos!"
/ Commissar /
"A time for intensive Buro sessions."
/ Agent /
"The Buro holds a meeting."

/ Slave /
"Be careful during this cycle. Don't squash a holy Nucleoboom by accident, and never hamper Nuclear War, you blockhead."
/ Commissar /
"Time for Nuclear War! Massive air-raids by the Jablees. Nucleobooms on the roads. Racing rival Commissars. Geer'ah judges them fairly and justly."
/ Agent /
"The seaweed is ripening. Don't try to get involved in Commissar affairs, Agent."

/ Slave /
"This is when the dark peeperettes come. But the roads of Glorx won't be for you. Don't pick up anything or hinder the Commissars during the PeepShow."
/ Commissar /
"The time for the dark PeepShow. Follow the Jablees and harvest peeperettes. Then Oboorez will collect the harvest."
/ Agent /
"It'd be better if you weren't on Glorx during this time."

/ Slave /
"Sent to Ogorod for their crimes against the Buro. To you, they're shrubs."
/ Commissar /
"That's a suspicious inquiry, coming from a Commissar."
/ Agent /
"The Eleepods and the Zeexen like them for some reason. My guess is that even a castaway Beeboorat is better than the other dwellers of the sapless worlds. Maybe they are picking their leaders out of our trash."

/ Slave /
"That's none of your business. Not everyone is allowed to take part in the PeepShow, and you don't have enough of a service record. Remember that when the Election of the Castaways comes."
/ Commissar /
"A race for rival Commissars. When the Election of the Castaways begins, and the peeperettes start pouring down on the roads, the racing starts. Ask Oboorez. He's the one in charge of PeepShow."
/ Agent /
"The Buro will not be pleased to hear of your participation in the PeepShow."

/ Slave /
"Geer'ah forbids the Slaves to even think about Nuclear War."
/ Commissar /
"Participation in Nuclear War is the main duty of a Commissar and a big chance to make the stylish Geer'ah happy. As soon as the Heroism cycle begins, Commissars will be stuffing their cargo holds with Nucleobooms, which the Jablees scatter lavishly all over the roads of Glorx. If you collect the most, you'll become an Agent!"
/ Agent /
"Your Nuclear War was over long ago, Agent. If you want, I can demote you to a Commissar again, so you can remember what it was like."

/ Slave /
"Slave! I am Geer'ah, your supervisor. I'm also known as the stylish Geer'ah. If you've forgotten about Geer'ah, though, then I'm afraid Valorins will slip your mind, too. I'll be requesting your personal file from the Buro."
/ Commissar /
"I'm Geer'ah, the one in charge of the sporting events. It's very important that you please me. I humbly help the heroes with their deeds of valor."
/ Agent /
"Geer'ah is a dutiful servant of the Buro. And no one could ever accuse him of being a bad servant."

/ Slave /
"Boorawchick is a representative of the Buro, located in VigBoo. He sends goof-ups and fugitive Slaves into the service of the Beeboorats. It may be hard labor, but it is the result of our generosity. Without it, you would be done for."
/ Commissar /
"Rack your brains, moron. It was he who made you a Commissar! Looks like he promoted you too soon."
/ Agent /
"All of the servants of the Beeboorats go through Boorawchick. One day you'll get to know Boorawchick more closely, during one of the cycles where... ugh, I'm saying too much! Get back to work and forget what I told you."

/ Slave /
"The most important creature in Ogorod. Shrubs and peeperettes are his forte, but he's not strict enough with those who fail to keep their discipline."
/ Commisar /
"He's an old veteran who can tell you about PeepShow."
/ Agent /
"The old chap is slowly going gaga. If you visit him, dig around in his burrow, and should you find anything suspicious, report it immediately!"

/ Slave /
"These things have never occurred to you wheelers before! You serve the Buro, remember. The Beeboorats are the strongest of all because they obey the Buro.
/ Commissar /
"If not for the Buro, heroes would never have performed their exploits, the castaways would never have grown in Ogorod, the vangers would have no one to serve, and Glorx would have dried out long ago!"
/ Agent /
"Agent, do you really still feel no respect for the Buro?"

/ Slave /
"A legless beeb with a watery smell, ugh! If you want to justify your existence, you must serve us with zeal and obey the Manual!"
/ Commissar /
"Slaves often come from faulty Commissars, by the way."
/ Agent /
"What, am I hard of hearing?"

/ Slave /
"Commissars are those whom the Buro has taken notice of. Not every Slave can become a Commissar, but any Commissar can be demoted to a Slave."
/ Commissar /
"Your position as Commissar isn't set in stone. The Buro can be strict, though it is always just. Don't bring shame upon your Rubbox."
/ Agent /
"Has your service as a Commissar slipped your memory? I can remind you again..."

/ Slave /
"You are too inexperienced to be an Agent. Try to earn the rank of Commissar first."
/ Commissar /
"A successful participation in the PeepShow and Nuclear War promotes Agents to Commissars."
/ Agent /
"An Agent's task is to defend the interests of Glorx on other worlds, discover enemy plots, and obtain valuable information and food."

/ Slave /
"The Buro has defined for you, blockhead, what, when and how things must be done. This great masterpiece is called the Manual."
/ Commisar /
"It's only through the help of the Manual that you've attained the rank of a Commissar. Had there been no Manual you would have been tramping the world not knowing what hole you were in."
/ Agent /
"Other bios don't have Manuals, which is why some of them rot in the bogs and others dry out in holes."

"ZeePa is the main den of the Zeexen. There, inexperienced Agents are easily caught and liquidated."

"Oh, never mention that word! The poisoners of Glorx are there, and that's where you must go as soon as you arrive on Necross."

"The vicious and loose-tongued counselor of ZeePa. Her words far outnumber her knowledge, and she's always making up treachery to harm the Beeboorats and confound the Buro's servants!"

"The ruins of some kind of strange structures are preserved there. We suspect it's one of the worlds that belonged to the Softie."

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Oboorez' reactions:
[First visit w/o Rubbox]
"Hey, you're a stray dog! Fly to VigBoo to Boorawchick for registration, greenhorn!"
"You're not allowed to come here unregistered! Next time I'll call a patrol, they'll give you what for. Now go!"

[Transition to VigBoo]
"It's you again, muddy mucus??? Where's your Rubbox? Stinker! You didn't listen to what old Oboorez told you. Well, we'll act according to the Manual."
"We'll gently put you in a pot and send you straight to comrade Boorawchick with the next dispatch. That's why he sits there: to file away midges like you!"

[PeepShow Win (Slave)]
"How brave you are, wheeler! Came in first in the PeepShow, huh? What side are you looking at your Rubbox from, midge? Your rank is Slave and you're a slave of the Beeboorats' Buro!"
"The Manual forbids Slaves to ship peeperettes, got it? Now show me again how fast you can drive before I get really upset!"

[PeepShow Participation (Slave)]
"Hey, fitter, have you completely lost your marbles? Get a grip and study the Manual - that's the slave's precept! Whoever heard of Slaves riding around the world with peeperettes?"
"Who will bring the brave Heroes to the stadium? Boorawchick? What if I put YOU instead of a shrub in a pot for that bit of mischief? I imagine no peeperette will sprout in this mucus!"
"Get out of here and don't show your face again!"

[PeepShow Win (Commissar)]
"What a brave guy! The PeepShow was hot this time, but you came in first. My strict lessons weren't a waste of time. As the proverb says, a slave's pain is the Beeboorats' gain."
"Cipher went to VigBoo already, so prepare your Rubbox for a new record, pattern worker..."

[PeepShow Participation (Commissar)]
"Oh, you brought some peeperettes to Oboorez, soldier? I'll find a use for them here. I don't waste anything!"
"Off you go, don't blow bubbles. Pick more, go further, and maybe that way something will come of you. Bring me more peeperettes, in other words!"

[PeepShow Win (Agent)]
"A win in the PeepShow isn't a great honor for an Agent. Besides, you're stopping other slaves from climbing up the ladder. Now go, soldier, use your savvy!"

[PeepShow Participation (Agent)]
"I'm always glad to get peeperettes, but you aren't some wretched Commissar, are you? Is that why the Buro raised you and taught you about life?"
"Or is my vision letting me down? When did you clean your Rubbox last? Maybe you're a Commissar? I'm old, my eyes don't work that well anymore..."

[Slave Arrival]
"A midge has arrived. Oboorez does a good job keeping an eye on you, midge!"

[Commissar Arrival]
"Commissar, do you see Oboorez, your mentor? Salute!"

[Agent Arrival]
"Hey, an Agent's honoring me! You came to visit old Oboorez, huh?"

"Unload the shrubs and get back there quickly, Slave. A good slave is a nimble slave!"

[Heroin in Inventory (Slave)]
"Hey you, algoid smell, what's that in your bay? That's a Valorin, you abject slave! The brave Hero is ready for feats, and you bring him to Ogorod!"
"Get out of here while you're still alive! The stylish Geer'ah is waiting for you on the other end of Glorx. Don't linger, or else..."

[Repeatedly Heroin in Inventory (Slave)]
"You five-legged clot! You don't show respect for the race of Beeboorats that raised you, abject freak. It's time for you to find out where the Heroes go and what they do there."
"Maybe you'll help some brave guy accomplish some feat. Guess you could never have dreamed of that, hehe... The next vanger's going to give you a ride to Lampasso! "
"..."
"Wake up! I guess your fate hasn't yet come. No vanger is willing to take you to Lampasso, since they say you're all wet and dirty. Guess they're right... And while I was watering the shrubs some raffas filched your mechos and stuff. Well, keep your chin up: at least you're still alive. Now you'll remember the Manual better!"

[Nucleoboom in Inventory (Slave)]
"Where did you come from, swamp mucus!? What the hell made an abject slave like you come here with fresh Nucleoboom? I'll forgive you the first time, but if you do that again, I will impose the penalty prescribed by law!"

[Repeatedly Nucleoboom in Inventory (Slave)]
"How dare you, swamp pulp, steal Nucleoboom from Heroes! You're not even allowed to touch it. We have more worthy vangers for that!"
"I sort of knew my forgiveness wouldn't do any good... The lesson must be brief and clear. Get yourself out of that warm place and find somewhere else!"

"Turning a beeb on shrubs, Commissar? Well, the Manual doesn't forbid that, but peeperettes are more important for you!"

[Heroin in Inventory (Commissar)]
"A Commissar lost his wits, ever heard of something like that? It's about you! Where the hell did you get the Valorin? I ought to send a signal to the Buro - they'd take care of you, you cracked Commissar..."

[Repeatedly Heroin in Inventory (Commissar)]
"Yeah, seems like a Commissar's job is a real struggle. The kind of job that make you go crazy. But the wise Buro always knows what to do, and that's where the Beeboorats' power lies!"
"As we say, better a Slave of use than a Commissar obtuse. According to the Manual, you are demoted to Slave!"

[Nucleoboom in Inventory (Commissar)]
"You're lost, Commissar! You brought Nucleoboom? To me, Oboorez? Well... What shall I do with you, you dazed freak? Get out and try to get to Lampasso in time. If you're late, you're finished..."

[Repeatedly Nucleoboom in Inventory (Commissar)]
"Again with the Nucleoboom!? Boasting about it, huh? Your stupidity isn't something to boast of. It's called sabotage!"
"Guess you've got extra space in your crate, so you pick up everything you see like some crazy Eleepod. Try another mechos, maybe it will cure your bad habits!"

"An Agent with a shrub. Hum... Guess a raffa robbed you. Vangers are feeble nowadays, not like in the good old days. Well, thanks for the shrubs, but... you're kind of wimpy for a soldier, huh?"

[Heroin in Inventory (Agent)]
"Cursed saboteur! What if I convert you into a shrub for mocking me, old Oboorez? You'll remember at once where to ship Valorin! Even the stylish Geer'ah respects me, while you, worm, dare to play tricks. Damn pod..."

[Repeatedly Heroin in Inventory (Agent)]
"Still making fun of me, Agent? Well, I can crack a joke too. Oboorez isn't just here to eat cirt. According to the Buro's instructions, all your beebs are given as a charitable donation toward a new greenhouse for shrubs!"
"My congratulations, generous patron!"

[Nucleoboom in Inventory (Agent)]
"Seems like Boorawchick gets his cirt for nothing... Ought to report this to the Buro. His Agents went on the loose, who ever heard of something like that!? They bring the holy Nucleoboom to the Slaveocks and don't even give a damn! Never thought I'd see this day!"
"Hey soldier, you've glutted yourself on that Nucleoboom, huh? I CAN'T HEAR YOU! Get lost, stinking filth..."

[Repeatedly Nucleoboom in Inventory (Agent)]
"I've been here a long time, but I've never seen a sad sack like you. The Manual is like Zeexen's doodles for you and your Rubbox is a widget for scratching!"
"But the Beeboorats' power is in our ability to settle every scoundrel's hash. By the Buro's decree we are depriving you of the sonorous title of Agent! As a Commissar you'll have a lot of time to study the Manual!"

[PeepShow Waiting]
"So, eager Commissar, peeperette season is coming up. You can lie here in the meantime and wait for operation PeepShow. Agreed, fitter?"
- All right, Dad. I need those peeperettes to get out of your clutches.
"It's time for you to go. The more you pick, the better for Oboorez and the Buro. Get up there now!"
- Thanks, old stub. Get to your pots and I'll find myself something better to do!
"All right, sucker. Go and grub around on Glorx. Maybe you'll change your mind - we're short on peeperettes, you know. Hurry up!"

[Nymbos in Inventory]
"Smells like... Nymbos? Hey, the soldier's an artful dodger... You went the right way, wheeler. Struggle on!"

[Phlegma in Inventory]
"Hmm, decided to ship mucus? Aren't the Heroes a better load? All right, we'll find a use for this stuff..."

[eLeech in Inventory]
"Wow, you brought an eLeech! The Buro's lessons weren't in vain. What a brave guy! Yeah, this is a real joy for old Oboorez. The Buro needs soldiers like you! I'm sending an urgent cipher to headquarters. And I've got some time to grab a bite before they come..."

[Cirt in Inventory]
"Oh, soldier, you brought cirt! What a brave guy! At last something came of a dummy meatloaf on wheels. Now you know why the Buro put so much effort into your upbringing. Go to Boorawchick and report on the mission."

[BadCirt in Inventory]
"Wait, soldier... My peeperettes started fading somehow, even though I recently watered them. You know, my vegetation is sensitive, it needs a good environment. But something is definitely wrong here..."

[GoodCirt in Inventory]
"Watch this! Peeperettes shot up before they should have, and the shrubs were so-so: second sort, fourth category. What joy! I gave up all hopes of getting a harvest from this bed. You brought luck to Ogorod today, soldier!"

[Fake peeperette found]
"Wait, that's a sham! This old chap knows his peeperettes, fella, seeing as how he's seen so many of them. You haven't even seen that many beebs. These fake peeperettes, according to information from the Buro, are produced by the Zeexen to shake the Beeboorat economy."
"I'll strip you of all your plunder for this forgery!"

[Queen Frog part note]
"I see your diligence, fitter! But on a crate like yours you won't do much. I've seen a lot of mechos and I can share something with you."
"Rattle was once taken out of Queen Frog. I did that personally. There were instructions from the Buro on scrap utilization..."

[Lawn Mower part note]
"Your mechos reminds me of something. You are a decent vanger: you don't spite this old chap and you study the Manual. I can help you."
"Star is a part of the Lawn Mower, but what it's for and where do I know it from, I don't remember. I'm old, you know."

[Larvae Vision note]
"You're climbing the ladder, and your Dominance has risen like a watered peeperette. Now you can scoop cirt with both, since Larvae are now seen in your mechos like other vangers. Keep your eyes peeled!"

Oboorez' answers:
/ Slave /
"A shabby old rattletrap in which the vangers live."
/ Commissar /
"Beeboorats don't need mechos. We keep vangers for that."
/ Agent /
"Who or what, Agent, have you lost your marbles on Necross and forgotten everything you knew?"

/ Slave /
"You, blockhead, stay on Glorx, bring me shrubs, and don't get distracted!"
/ Commissar /
"A big sapless world. The Eleepods potter about around Fostral. You won't find any peeperettes there."
/ Agent /
"You probably know more about that than I do, Agent."

/ Slave /
"Well, son, no such nasty thing has ever grown in Ogorod."
/ Commissar /
"The Buro says they're tricky criminals from Fostral, and it knows best."
/ Agent /
"Once an Agent brought me an Eleepod. What a tasty worm! Get me a couple of them, would you?"

/ Slave /
"Ugh, it's you, crooked tail. Where did you see Leepky? Under the bridge?"
/ Commissar /
"Ask the Buro about Leepky if you aren't too scared. He is the worst of the Eleepods."
/ Agent /
"I mind my little business, shrubs and peeperettes, and let the Buro take care of the rest. It is the most concerned of us all."

/ Slave /
"Podish isn't on Glorx. I can tell you that for sure."
/ Commissar /
"I've got a cipher from Boorawchick that says something about Podish."
/ Agent /
"I might be mistaken and so confuse the Agent, but I think that Podish is the Eleepods' most important escave."

/ Slave /
"We live in escaves. The escave you are in now is called Ogorod."
/ Commissar /
"Vangers cannot enter escaves, but remember where the escaves are so that you can deliver wares there."
/ Agent /
"We can only live in escaves. I remember the time when the Buro decided to explore and inhabit the surface of Glorx. Volunteers were appointed, and the vangers took them up to the surface. By the end of the cycle, they were all dead, and that was the end of the exploration."

/ Slave /
"A pod? A 'rotten pod' is the nickname I give to overcurious vangers!"
/ Commissar /
"Boorawchick cannot stand the pods. I think they give him heartburn."
/ Agent /
"I remember the Buro sent me a heap of instructions on how to fight against pods, which I didn't bother to look through. But since it's for you, I could dig out some information from the archives."

/ Slave /
"Those who are registered in the escave are called a bunch. So you don't belong to a bunch."
/ Commissar /
"I am sort of the Chief of the Ogorod bunch."
/ Agent /
"Our bunch is a small one. The Agents don't visit us often."

/ Slave /
"You are confined to the Chain between VigBoo and Ogorod."
/ Commissar /
"This is what Glorx and a few other worlds have always been called."
/ Agent /
"There was this dodgy Agent once who said he'd visited nine worlds and seen a lot but was unable to find the end of the Chain."

/ Slave /
"You don't need to know all that. It doesn't concern you vangers."
/ Commissar /
"All our lives are dictated by the Larvae. We get their signals through the cirt. They crawl around so deep underground that we wouldn't ever get their messages if it weren't for the vangers."
/ Agent /
"A vanger stopped by at my place a long time ago. The Buro had sent him to catch a Larva. He had a big box with him. But I haven't seen him ever since. You'd better keep away from Larvae!"

/ Slave /
"We Beeboorats are nice guys. Take Boorawchick. He is worth the world! You pull for us and we take care of you."
/ Commissar /
"Beeboorats are the most righteous bios. All the others are jealous."
/ Agent /
"Well, Agent. What a shame that you aren't a Beeboorat."

/ Slave /
"You, buddy, have been on Glorx for a long time now. It is time you got used to it and started enjoying it. Here we have the cleanest water and the nicest bios."
/ Commissar /
"There are a lot of worlds, but Glorx is the wettest. You won't find whirlpools like that anywhere else!"
/ Agent /
"You're an Agent from Glorx, aren't you, crackpot?"

/ Slave /
"Useless chuckleheads. You used to be like them before you went over to Boorawchick's command."
/ Commissar /
"Sometimes these blockheads go on the rampage. Then the Buro starts taking measures to clean them up."
/ Agent /
"All of them are thieves and charlatans. But an Agent shouldn't be scared of them!"

/ Slave /
"You, greenhorn, stop blowing bubbles and get busy with the shrubs."
/ Commissar /
"A hole on Fostral flooded with mucus."
/ Agent /
"That's where they get eLeeches for the gluttonous Boorawchick."

/ Slave /
"Those from the same bios live together in the same escave. Anyone could tell that you are not from a bios."
/ Commissar /
"Well, Beeboorats, for example. And those from Fostral - they might be blunder-headed, but they are bios."
/ Agent /
"I remember one dodger who was sent by the Buro to look for the Departed Bios. Never came back."

/ Slave /
"Cirt, you deflated dolt, is not for your crooked paws. It's delicate stuff!"
/ Commissar /
"We use cirt to go from Heroism to the Election of the Castaways, and then to Progress, and then back to Heroism. Eleepods call all of these different things, which is why we have different cirt."
/ Agent /
"Soil taken from the place where a Larva has crawled. The main thing is not to mistake our Larva for an Eleepod one. But an Agent would know more about that than I do."

/ Slave /
"Slave! You shouldn't know anyone called Feenger. No Beeboorat would ever call himself that."
/ Commissar /
"Stop asking me stupid questions.
/ Agent /
"I don't know and I don't care."

/ Slave /
"Don't accidentally fall in there."
/ Commissar /
"These, soldier, are a type of doorway, for example from Glorx to Fostral. Or to Necross."
/ Agent /
"You've seen more of them than I have. Lately I've been told about a mysterious Passage on Fostral. The catch is, it doesn't let anyone in."

/ Slave /
"The Zeexen really stick in the Buro's throat. You'd better not mention them too often."
/ Commissar /
"Artful creatures from Necross. A vanger gave one of them a ride recently. What a deadly horror! Eyes the size of mechos wheels! Looking around everywhere and buzzing all the time! I was scared for the shrubs, but everything turned out OK."
/ Agent /
"Boorawchick is scared stiff of them. They say he blocked up the entrance to his cave to keep them away."

/ Slave /
"Look, rider, I've tried an eLeech once in my lifetime. I was awarded it for my achievements in shrub-growing. I'll never forget it!"
/ Commissar /
"An eLeech is something like an Eleepod. They are obtained on Fostral, in Incubator. Getting them is tough."
/ Agent /
"I've met lots of eLeech-hunters. Well, listen to my advice. If you want to keep your skin, steer clear of eLeeches and Eleepods."

/ Slave /
"You'd better get busy with the shrubs, you damp mold."
/ Commissar /
"The Eleepods produce it. It would be great if you brought me some."
/ Agent /
"A vanger told me that the Zeexen harvest nymbos."

/ Slave /
"What are you mumbling about, you dried-up beeb?"
/ Commissar /
"When Eleepods have their Eleerection, you can get an eLeech from them."
/ Agent /
"Ask Boorawchick. He'll explain."

/ Slave /
"The bios' trash. By the way, you are also a vanger."
/ Commissar /
"Vangers serve the bunches and travel on errands around the various worlds. The Beeboorats have the most useful vangers."
/ Agent /
"I've seen many vangers, and you are all the same. The same stupid questions coming out of your rusty mechoses!"

/ Slave /
"May your mechos slip on phlegma and fall into the whirlpool, you wheel-bound moron!"
/ Commissar /
"Rumor has it that mucus has flooded an escave on Fostral and the stupid Eleepods keep baling it out."
/ Agent /
"I think I'll report this rusty Agent to the Buro."

/ Slave /
"I've been serving here for a long time, but this is the first time that I've heard a Slave say that word!"
/ Commissar /
"In the past, you would have been demoted to a Slave or even sent to Ogorod for such words!"
/ Agent /
"An Agent once told me that the Buro were looking for traces of the Softie on Fostral. Maybe they're like Eleepods."

/ Slave /
"Silence!"
/ Commissar /
"The Cryspo were first, then the other bios followed."
/ Agent /
"A long time ago the Buro ordered the worship of the Cryspo."

/ Slave /
"The world of the nasty Zeexen. A Slave can easily drown in a swamp there, without even having had enough fun with shrubs."
/ Commissar /
"A swampy world. Everything there is poisonous. I can't imagine how vangers survive there!"
/ Agent /
"Rumor has it that the Cryspo used to live on Necross. But you didn't hear me say that!"

/ Slave /
"What's a P-beam? You must have got into a whirlpool and gotten your brains scrambled. Go take another dive, and maybe this time you'll stay there forever..."
/ Commissar /
"Keep your voice down, you pathetic broken pot! The Buro is making every effort to resist P-beam."
/ Agent /
"That's part of the infamous Eleepod plot against the Buro."

/ Slave /
"Try memorizing the route to VigBoo first, nimble wheeler."
/ Commissar /
"You can get to Xplo from Glorx. But you'd better ask the Buro not to send you there."
/ Agent /
"A vanger who escaped from Xplo was here once. He couldn't utter a word, just stutter. I could only make out a little about quicksand and a lost escave."

/ Slave /
"I've never seen a Departed Bios in my whole life."
/ Commissar /
"The Zeexen say that other bios existed in ancient times, not just Beeboorats and Eleepods."
/ Agent /
"The Buro thinks they may return soon and are preparing to rebel. But that information is classified."

/ Slave /
"What are you mumbling about?"
/ Commissar /
"Ask Boorawchick. He's got a pile of garbage for brains!"
/ Agent /
"I haven't been informed about that."

/ Slave /
"Can you please just stick to shrubs or something..."
/ Commissar /
"That's what the Eleepods call their Heroism. Though I can't see what kind of Heroism the worms could ever have."
/ Agent /
"Are you an Agent or what? Find this out and report to the Buro!"

/ Slave /
"Beebs are how we reward the other Slaves."
/ Commissar /
"The beebs obey us, and the best beebs live on Glorx."
/ Agent /
"You must have smashed lots of beebs."

/ Slave /
"Slave, you will never become a Commissar if you act like that! You'd do better smashing beebs than picking up bad words!"
/ Commissar /
"That's hostile Zeexen propaganda. It's aimed at disgracing the Buro and the Beeboorats. So shut up. We don't allow that kind of talk."
/ Agent /
"I'm not sure, but that might have been the reason why the Cryspo died out."

/ Slave /
"That happened a long time ago."
/ Commissar /
"It seems to be related to the Cryspo."
/ Agent /
"After the Clash, the Cryspo became the new rulers."

/ Slave /
"That's what keeps you away from work, you loafer."
/ Commissar /
"I am not good with your mechos things. If you were to ask me about shrubs, however..."
/ Agent /
"An Agent wouldn't be much of an Agent without a spiral."

/ Slave/
"You, greenhorn. You were at Boorawchick's and overlooked your own ruBeecation! The Manual says that every stray vanger is potentially dangerous to the Buro. So, to keep things in check, we ruBeecate all of them."
/ Commissar /
"ruBeecation is a punishment for a Commissar but good luck for a Slave."
/ Agent /
"I have ruBeecated lots of Agents in my lifetime, though they all begged me for mercy. But I'll just say - follow the Manual strictly, and everything will be okay."

/ Slave /
"Remember, rookie: now you are no mere rambling loafer. You are in the service of the Beeboorats! This is engraved on your Rubbox, and if you lose it, no one will spare you even a legless beeb."
/ Commissar /
"If I take a look at your Rubbox, I can clearly see what kind of worker you are, whether you have served well, and how close your next promotion is. But without a Rubbox, you are a nonentity."
/ Agent /
"And the most important thing - don't forget to clean it often! Your Rubbox should be a model of excellence."

/ Slave /
"VigBoo is our capital escave, where I get the shrubs from. If you work well, you will be promoted to a Commissar in VigBoo."
/ Commissar /
"I get instructions and new Manuals from VigBoo. Boorawchick is the boss there."
/ Agent /
"I'll tell you a secret - it's the headquarters of the Buro!"

/ Slave /
"That escave is far from here. Keep going up and you'll get there eventually. The stadiums are where you have to bring the heroes."
/ Commissar /
"The stylish Geer'ah sits in Lampasso. Bring some Nucleobooms over there and you'll be rewarded."
/ Agent /
"I was nearly appointed the head of Lampasso. But Geer'ah outsmarted me."

/ Slave /
"Congratulations, oaf. You've reached Ogorod at last. Remember the way here. If you don't visit this place often, you'll never get your Commissar's Rubbox."
/ Commissar /
"This place is quiet and peaceful - nothing but shrubs and peeperettes."
/ Agent /
"Stop by Ogorod sometimes, there's no one to talk to, you know."

/ Slave /
"You have to pick up Valorins in VigBoo and take them to Lampasso. And make sure you don't confuse anything. If you make it, you will get some beebs."
/ Commissar /
"Commissar, don't waste your time on Valorins. Away with the Slave habits! Get busy with the Nucleobooms."
/ Agent /
"Valorins are heroes who are brought to the stadiums to perform exploits. No bios other than us could come up with such a ritual!"

/ Slave /
"Bring shrubs here in bulk. Boorawchick has a steady supply of them in VigBoo. By delivering the shrubs, you are helping the Buro!"
/ Commissar /
"We call our packed castaways shrubs. They are packed in order to keep them out of any mischief. Then I can handle them. You just keep bringing peeperettes here!"
/ Agent /
"Slaves and Oboorez will take care of the shrubs. Don't interfere, agent."

/ Slave /
"If you come across a dark thing with a tail while you're on the road, it's a peeperette. Don't be stupid enough to grab it!"
/ Commissar /
"That's why the Buro introduced the Commissars: they pick up peeperettes and deliver them to Ogorod, and I introduce them to shrubs here."
/ Agent /
"Peeperettes can only sprout in shrubs. "

/ Slave /
"Nucleobooms look a lot like peeperettes but are lighter in color. And if Geer'ah sees a Slave like you with them, you are dead!"
/ Commissar /
"Jablees give out peeperettes and Nucleobooms at different times. The Buro has ruled that Nucleobooms are to go to Lampasso and peeperettes to Ogorod. This is the most basic rule for a Commissar."
/ Agent /
"If you could only see what Geer'ah uses the Nucleobooms in the stadium for, you would go crazy. Geer'ah has an inventive mind, all right."

/ Slave /
"Watch out, you blockhead. If a Jablee falls on you, you'll lose what little is left of your gray matter!"
/ Commissar /
"The Jablees fly out during Heroism and the Election of the Castaways. Whichever Commissar notices a Jablee first is the winner."
/ Agent /
"Jablees grow in Ogorod. I look after them. But that's a secret of the Buro, so don't go babbling about it."

/ Slave /
"You've got jobs to do during both Progress and Heroism."
/ Commissar /
"Progress is the time for preparation for Heroism. Oil your mechos and polish your Rubbox!."
/ Agent /
"The chatterboxes from the Buro are beginning their meeting."

/ Slave /
"Don't you fool around during Heroism! Keep to the side of the road, and if you run across a Nucleoboom, don't you dare touch it!"
/ Commissar /
"Heroism marks the beginning of Nuclear War. Commissars snatch Nucleobooms from each other. It's hilarious!"
/ Agent /
"Heroism marks the first flight of the Jablees."

/ Slave /
"I'll talk to you once you are promoted to the rank of Commissar."
/ Commissar /
"For a Commissar this means, of course, PeepShow. I am always anxious to get those peeperettes. I reward those who collect the most!"
/ Agent /
"The Election of the Castaways marks the second flight of the Jablees."

/ Slave /
"Unruly Slaves can often be seen among the castaways."
/ Commissar /
"I am sick and tired of them. The Buro has never sent so many castaways before. They say VigBoo is crammed with castaways - they can hardly cope with throwing them out."
/ Agent /
"The Buro says that they are a disgrace for the Beeboorats. But I just plant peeperettes in them and nothing more."

/ Slave /
"Your PeepShow is still ahead. Just bring me lots of shrubs!"
/ Commissar /
"I am kind of responsible for PeepShow. When the Election of Castaways comes, the Jablees start pouring peeperettes out on Glorx. The Commissars are supposed to collect them. I receive and register them according to protocol. The one who brings the most wins the PeepShow. Remember, though, we have to be done with this before Progress begins."
/ Agent /
"Don't get in the way of the PeepShow, Agent."

/ Slave /
"That's a job for a Commissar."
/ Commissar /
"It's similar to PeepShow, but you have to pick up Nucleobooms. Ask the stylish Geer'ah. He's the expert at these things."
/ Agent /
"The Cryspo also took part in Nuclear War before. So the Buro decided to arrange the same show in memory of the Cryspo."

/ Slave /
"You'll see him in Lampasso. The stylish Geer'ah is actually rather spiteful and has become the terror of the Slaves."
/ Commissar /
"Geer'ah holds competitions where heroes perform their exploits. He can be made happy with Nucleobooms, which he even keeps with him in his hole."
/ Agent /
"If it wasn't for Geer'ah, I would be in Lampasso now. But I am okay here."

/ Slave /
"Boorawchick registers tramps like you and sets them on the righteous course of the Beeboorats."
/ Commissar /
"The beebs bug Boorawchick in his hole, so he likes to take long trips to inspect other escaves. He's been here a couple of times. By the way, you can dig in his hole!"
/ Agent /
"Dumb beast. He worships only his belly."

/ Slave /
"I am Oboorez, rookie. You owe me respect!"
/ Commissar /
" I, Oboorez, have seen a lot, and have been commended by the Buro."
/ Agent /
"I am in charge of the shrubs and peeperettes. If not for Oboorez, the Jablees wouldn't fly."

/ Slave /
"The Buro took you under its wing and gave you work, oaf. And the Buro is watching you closely, so don't let it down!"
/ Commissar /
"The Buro will exist as long as the Beeboorats live. It protects us from the intrigues of our ill-wishers, frustrating their plots."
/ Agent /
"Carry out the Buro's missions and it will get stronger."

/ Slave /
"You are a Slave - not exactly the highest rank. Obey Oboorez, and perhaps you will succeed."
/ Commissar /
"You, Commissar, climb the ladder. And don't botch up your work!"
/ Agent /
"Any vanger from other worlds caught by the Buro is turned into a Slave. It's the best thing for him!"

/ Slave /
"Good for you, rookie. Your diligent service and zeal will make you a Commissar soon!"
/ Commissar /
"You're a Commissar right now. To become an Agent, you have to win victories in PeepShow and Nuclear War."
/ Agent /
"You've already gone through the Commissar stage. Don't make yourself look bad in front of the Buro!"

/ Slave /
"Agents are the most artful of the vangers. You're still a rookie."
/ Commissar /
"Shrewd Commissars can get promoted to Agents. Agents visit various worlds and see a lot of things, then they report everything to the Buro."
/ Agent /
"It's the best thing a vanger can become."

/ Slave /
"The Manual tells dumb Slaves what to do to be useful to the Buro."
/ Commissar /
"The Manual made you a Commissar! Doesn't that make you happy?"
/ Agent /
"Beeboorats were the first to invent the Manual."

"As VigBoo is to us, so ZeePa is to the Zeexen. The Zeexen ringleaders are all in ZeePa. Don't go there right away, or you might get arrested."

"That's a Zeexen escave. A rotten place, but you have to go there anyway, since you are the Buro's brave servant."

"Zeephra? I think I know her. Stopped by once. A nasty thing indeed! She comes from the swamp - need I say anything else?"

"Khox is a long highway where you've just got to drive flat out."

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Vocabulary updated.
mechos - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
vangers - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
raffa - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
escave - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
bunch - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
bios - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
beebs - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
Clash - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
Creature Soup - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
Softie - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
Cryspo - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
Passage - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
Spiral - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
Departed Bios - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats

The Chain - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
Fostral - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
Glorx - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
Necross - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
Xplo - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
Khox - asked Beeboorats
Eleepods - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
Beeboorats - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust), Beeboorats
Zeexen - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
Leepky - asked Leepky, Beeboorats
Feenger - asked Beeboorats
Podish - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
Incubator - asked Feenger (low trust), Beeboorats
Plump-up - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
Eleerection - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
Gulp-down - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
Boorawchick - asked Beeboorats
Geer'ah - asked Beeboorats
Oboorez - asked Beeboorats
VigBoo - asked Beeboorats
Lampasso - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
Ogorod - asked Leepky, Beeboorats
Progress - asked Beeboorats
Heroism - asked Beeboorats
Election of Castaways - asked Beeboorats
Zeepa - asked Beeboorats
B-Zone - asked Beeboorats
Zeephra - asked Beeboorats

pod - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
P-beam - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
ruBeecation - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
The Buro - asked Beeboorats
The Manual - asked Beeboorats
Jablees - asked Beeboorats
Slave - asked Beeboorats
Commissar - asked Beeboorats
Agent - asked Beeboorats
Nuclear War - asked Beeboorats
PeepShow - asked Beeboorats
castaway - asked Beeboorats

eLeech - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust), Beeboorats
nymbos - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
phlegma - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
cirt - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
Larvae - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
peeperette - asked Leepky&Feenger, Beeboorats
Nucleoboom - asked Beeboorats
shrub - asked Beeboorats
Valorin - asked Beeboorats
rubbox - asked Beeboorats
toxick
So... who would be brave enough to piece together and explain how the Beeboorat cycles work? :M

Last edited:

Donaroriak

Augur
Project: Eternity
If I understand correctly the bodies of slaves who disobey rules (castaways) are used as soil for the reproductive cycle carried out by Jablees.
Election of the Castaways: Jablees produce peeperettes (seeds?) which are collected by vangers during Peepshow.
Progress: I think this is when peeperettes are planted in the bodies of castaways (shrubs). Also this should be when Jablees are grown in Ogorod for the next cycle. Are they born out of peeperetted shrubs?
Heroism: Jablees begin their flight and produce Nucleobooms. Not sure what the purpose of Nuclear War is or why booms are collected.

Also I am missing the point of Valorin. Are they slaves who, instead of being turned into shrubs, get to play gladiator-like games in Lampasso?

Nevill

Arcane
Beeboorats are divided in two large categories - those who like the way the Buro runs things, and those who don't. Regardless of their stance, all of them play their part in maintaining the status quo.

Valorin (called Heroin in Russian version and in game files) is a Hero, a volunteer who sacrifices his life to inspire his comrades. As Beeboorats are more cryspoid (mixed with beebs) than humanoid, they are mostly devoid of a self-preservation instinct (which is supported by the way their vangers drive) and individualism, though, surprisingly, both are present among their leaders.

Their sporting events are a big point of pride for the Beeboorats, and are seen as a sign of their superiority over lesser bios who are not willing to tear their limbs off for a greater cause.

A shrub is a less military inclined individual, a dissenter. Normally, they would have no place in a bios like this, but the wise Buro found a role for them as well, and they have become an integral and irreplaceable part of the Beeboorat society.

If you look closely at shrubs and Valorins, they are the same item, only packed differently:
latest_cb_20120320091146_path_prefix_ru.gif
latest_cb_20120320092845_path_prefix_ru.gif
The shrubs are packed with spikes directed inwards - as a punishment.

Shrubs are used to sprout peeperettes and grow Jablees in Ogorod. This is a cycle of Jablee self-reproduction. The Election of Castaway is supposedly when they decide which shrubs are going to be punished - or perhaps when they decide who becomes a shrub to be transported to Ogorod. I am still unsure whether shrubs are used as soil or if they are the ones turned into Jablees, though.

But naturally, there is another aspect to the Jablees that makes them useful to the Beeboorats. Their seeds during one of the Beeboorat cycles proved to be a source of entertainment thanks to none other than stylish Geer'ah, who has a really morbid vivid imagination. You guys should read about his other competitions. All of them involve Nucleobooms one way or the other. Apparently, the Heroes love them, though it is unclear to me why they took a liking to them to such a degree.

I do not know whether Nucleobooms and peeperettes are really different, or if the difference is ascribed to them as is the case with Valorins and shrubs. To me, it looks like Jablee jizz either way. I think a peeperette is just a ripe Nucleoboom.:M

It is interesting that Geer'ah calls Jablees 'seaweed', and calls Heroism a 'ripening of seaweed' out of the blue when you obtain the Agent status. He does not elaborate.

So, the cycles of Beeboorats are like this: Progress (the heroes and castaways are sorted out and are transported to Lampasso and Ogorod, respectively) - Election of Castaways (peeperettes are collected and sprouted to maintain the Jablee population) - Heroism (Nucleobooms are collected and used in mass massacres sporting events which are the core value of Beeboorat life).

Supposedly, Buro meetings (which I suspect really consists of Boorawchick himself) are held during Progress as well. Whether that has any effect on who is deemed a castaway and who is a hero is debatable. :M

As an aside, the values are inverted for other two bios. Beeboorat pay good money for their Valorins, but shrubs are absolutely worthless, which is why they use a system of slavery encouraged labor to make vangers bother with them. Eleepods and Zeexen, on the other hand, have no use for mindless Heroes, but they find the dissenting voices intriguing enough to pay good money for them.

P.S.
Not sure what the purpose of Nuclear War is or why booms are collected.
I think Oboorez said it best:
"The Cryspo also took part in Nuclear War before. So the Buro decided to arrange the same show in memory of the Cryspo."
It is a commemoration ritual. Very Beeboorat-like.

As for why they do this - the intro has a hint to this. They have to find something meaningful to do with their lives, or they risk dying out.

Speaking of which - any theories on what could have happened to the Departed Bios?

P.P.S.
I thing the developers switched the order of the cycles around at the last moment. In the version I have, it's like this:
"Progress-Election-Heroism-Progress"
Which technically makes Election the first flight of the Jablees, and Heroism the second one.

But the game constantkly refers to the cycle of "Progress-Heroism-Election-Progress". I can see why this can make things confusing.

Of course, Oboorez is the only one who goes into detail about any of this, and he is old and rambling. He doesn't necessarily need to be coherent.

But the latter order makes much more sense as far as I can see, with Nucleobooms being unripened peeperettes.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
So, it seems most (if not all) of these alien species employ elaborate but meaningless rituals, that serve no real purpose other than to fill out their otherwise pointless existence. Sounds quite familiar actually. :negative:

No idea about the Departed Bios. I suspect they either lost access to their vangers mercenaries and thus doomed them to extinction; they ran out of whatever materials they used to perform these rituals and thus went fully crazy, or being really optimists here, they realized their collective stupidity and broke the cycle somehow. Being this a Russian game however, the last one is quite improbable. Either way, I'm sure you'll show us sooner or later. :M

Nevill

Arcane
So, it seems most (if not all) of these alien species employ elaborate but meaningless rituals, that serve no real purpose other than to fill out their otherwise pointless existence. Sounds quite familiar actually. :negative:
Ah, the joys of self-reflection. :lol:

Yes, the game does have some of these undertones as well. But all is not that glum. Our vanger is an example of an entity who creates their own purpose in life, even if they are derided/pitied for not being a part of something greater and more meaningful. Ah, it's truly a rotten fate to be deprived of 'the happiness of dipping a scratcher in sticky phlegma and running it through protuberances swollen with nymbos.' :lol:

No, but seriously, we have zero in-game motivation to move forward (and that is a gripe many reviewers have with the game). Yet we do anyways - out of sheer curiosity, if nothing else. The game does follow what it preaches and suggests the players find their own fun. :M

Donaroriak

Augur
Ah, the joys of self-reflection.

Yes, the game does have some of these undertones as well. But all is not that glum. Our vanger is an example of an entity who creates their own purpose in life, even if they are derided/pitied for not being a part of something greater and more meaningful. Ah, it's truly a rotten fate to be deprived of 'the happiness of dipping a scratcher in sticky phlegma and running it through protuberances swollen with nymbos.'

No, but seriously, we have zero in-game motivation to move forward (and that is a gripe many reviewers have with the game). Yet we do anyways - out of sheer curiosity, if nothing else. The game does follow what it preaches and suggests the players find their own fun. :M
Yeah, I have never seen a game and its NPCs so aggressively berating or diminishing the player just because he is playing. It looks like the game is turning user-unfriendliness into its merit badge.
No wonder non-Russians received this poorly despite the great art direction.

The LP and your in-depth knowledge are awesome though!

Nevill

Arcane
Yeah, I have never seen a game and its NPCs so aggressively berating or diminishing the player just because he is playing. It looks like the game is turning user-unfriendliness into its merit badge.
I've mostly seen Beeboorats do it, and it only occurs when you break their rules.

It's kind of a shame, though. Despite their dry and official talking style sometimes they are using a rather colorful language in an inventive manner that you would not suspect to hear from mindless brutes the Eleepods make them out to be - and I have no idea how to translate it. It mostly makes you amused as to how many ways they have to say 'UR DUMB' than actually insulted. Oboorez in particular comes across as a kind-hearted old sergeant who only yells at you to accelerate your learning faculties.

Geer'ah, though... that's a different story. But you wouldn't expect less from someone who is happy to execute you the moment you drop your rubbox.

I think it makes for a great feedback. Sure, you'll get called a few names while you are figuring it out, but in the end, if you don't like being insulted all the time just do whatever pleases the bunches. They are fairly simple-minded for it not to be too hard of a task.

Of course, someone like me who enjoys making them squirm and howl in impotent fury, tends to spite them more than usual. :)

Last edited:

Donaroriak

Augur
It's not just Beeboorats... The first characters you meet on Fostral are not forthcoming at all and look down on you with very little game guidance.
The learning curve appears to be more of a cliff here, unless you are in a dicking around mood from the start.

Nevill

Arcane
Votes locked. Necross, here we come!

No single opinion on what to do with Boorawchick. However, there are two votes to work as his driver as opposed to putting him back, so that's what we will be doing. First, we show him Glorx, and then we take him with us to Necross. No way this could go wrong... :roll::lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom