Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Save Humanity in openxcom

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
6I2nBXM.png

I need 3 new Interceptors again.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Squad 1 moves south destroying suspicious looking farms with Elerium missiles.

ao34syV.png

First casualties occur in Squad 1 which acts as the boarding party. Two operatives are killed with a single plasma blast.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
The remnants of Squad 2 fight a bitter fight against counter-attacking aliens. The new type of the alien seems to be some kind of a cyborg. They are inhumanly resistant to damage.

LGY6K1H.png

WVM7qj9.png

What is worth mentioning is that this party is heavily equipped with new gear - large calibre gyrojet launchers.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
AkXSWGh.png

Remnants of Squad 2 are reinforced by soldiers from Squad 1 and prepare to assault the UFO.

R6XddDz.png

Squad 1 fires at aliens trying to return to ship.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Assault failed.

Jhibqiz.png

One operative died after firing a TB gyrojet rocket at alien from close range.

eu3CQRa.png

Another was shot dead on the bottom of the lift. Tank and another soldier withdraw.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
A5egeSH.png

Two more aliens try to return to UFO. AT gunner tries to destroy them with a TB missile but accidentally hits the UFO and the blast destroys Squad 2's tank.

Meanwhile entrance to the ship is mined and two operatives move to secure another entrance.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
ESrMAr2.png

Suddenly a sack of flesh appears and melts a solder down with acid.
Another soldier fires 40mm AP gyrojet rockets at it but with little effect.
Tank shoots but misses.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
HczJcFY.png

More Squad 1 operatives move to assist in securing the UFO. Two of them engage in a firefight with aliens trying to return to ship. They are killed with two plasma blasts.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
nGmMkbR.png

Another X-com operative dies, killed by fire from above. In a short time, tank kills two aliens. The aliens seemed to deliberately try to avoid coming out through the mined UFO entrance.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
BNYG11A.png

The new Elerium missiles turned out to be extremely effective. Thanks God the aliens never actually used their alien grenades against our troops.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
NiDqTWN.png

Finally, some UFO Power Sources! The price was high, though. Platoon 1 practically destroyed. 3 Interceptors lost.

Vcs7CvW.png

OCWkI7B.png

Big UFOs are flying around but there are no Interceptors left in USA. Thanks God none of them was a Terror Ship.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Wait, what?! Crash Site 11? And it's the second or third battleship that spawns?! Is your detection rate really crappy and you miss a lot of minor missions, or did you tamper with the UFO spawn rate?

The aliens seemed to deliberately try to avoid coming out through the mined UFO entrance.

Whoa, whoa, let's not jump to conclusions!

Last edited:
In My Safe Space
Codex 2012

Wait, what?! Crash Site 11? And it's the second or third battleship that spawns?! Is your detection rate really crappy and you miss a lot of minor missions, or did you tamper with the UFO spawn rate?
Avalanches are heavy air to air missiles similar to AIM-54 Phoenix. They make small UFOs fall apart mid-air.
Crash-landing requires UFO to still be manoeuvrable. By the way, I just drastically decreased hit-points of all of UFOs.

The aliens seemed to deliberately try to avoid coming out through the mined UFO entrance.

Whoa, whoa, let's not jump to conclusions!
I wouldn't be surprised if it is true.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
SJNvdNg.png

The new creature was researched and it turned out that it's some kind of a combat cyborg.

jq8DuUx.png

In the end of the month.

Wait, what?
9Fbzq9n.png

It turned out that I fell victim to the dreaded cash roll-over bug. Why does this bug even still exist D: ?
Also, USA was taken over by Aliens.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
After editing the save game...
bWN3l8h.png

DM4df0Q.png

An alien Terror ship was destroyed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom