Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Let's run rings around Blood Bowl F13 Season 8 - Three Codexers in Play Offs

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Go on. Make "Stabby's Fascist BB league". I'd watch it. :hero:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
what delays? the league is moving on as planned.

stabby

Learned
what delays? the league is moving on as planned.

By your plans or the league admin's, if I may ask? As at the moment my impression is that it's looking like you'll be waiting till monday to advance.

And as much as I'm probably coming off as 'League Admin sucks, I could do soooo much better' that's not it as I can see he's doing his best to be fair in all cases, I'm just seeing cases of the ol' "Give someone an inch, and they'll take a mile" at work here and there. I'm simply curious how things would run by someone who's a completely impartial asshole about everything, which is something I assume not everyone wants to be.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
I'm not waking up on monday 4 AM just to play 4 turns, sorry.
I dunno where you read that info from.

stabby

Learned
Now I fully accept that I'm the red-headed stepchild of the Codexian delegation to this league, so I know I'm not fully on the ball at times. Okay, maybe most of the time. But that's the impression I got since this seems to be the last word on it atm (paraphrased of course):

League Admin said:
If you guys play, I can wait a few days

Opponent said:
I'm free all Monday

RK said:
*crikets chirping*

stabby

Learned
Well, since the Winner's circle is in a hiccup while waiting for a certain someone to put on his big boy pants, not naming names of of course, let's bring you up to speed on the current Failoff situation:

Gign3PU.jpg

The day has moved forward, and it has left us with two matchups to play: Necro vs. Halflings, as well as Chaos vs. Ogres.

Correction, make that wildly bloated Ogres vs. Mid leveled Chaos, because in an odd twist that seems to have surprised a great deal of the league:
ImageMatchReport.aspx
Ogre Coach said:
So, game started badly for me.
We had some connection issues during my set up phase which meant the clock ticked down while I couldn't do anything and only got to set up half of my team.
A team that was 2 Ogres (close to 500TV) down.
Chaos, true to their nature, respond to this by kicking the ball off the field and so I give it to a snot who flies down the field only to KO on landing...

The rest of the first half was a mess of applied theory and by that I mean there was a point where I only had 1 snotling standing and the rest of my team was either on the ground or off the pitch.
Thankfully the injuries only started in the second half.

Half time was 0 - 0
This is mainly because Satael had great dice on everything but picking up the ball.

Second half was a different story.
My snotling must have had enough of eating dirt and decided to go after the ball, swarming all over the place and actually managing to pick it up and get away with it.
Second kick gave me a blitz where I managed to get a snot under the landing and once again he actually caught it!! (then got punched in the face by pretty much every goat available)

Satael scored right near the end of the game after finally being able to pick up the ball and promptly plowing through everything in his way.
He managed to kill a level 1 snot, give a niggling injury to a second level 1 snot and reduce the movement of a level 4 snot.
Games like this make me glad for saving my money.

Sid Vicious got my MVP and is 4SPP off level 6
lagann.gif

Meanwhile I'm sitting at about 1300TV with the Halflings at half of that, and find myself flip-flopping on my position from last week. Being elminated by Halflings would still be lulzy (and by now you know I have no shame, so it's all good), but moving on and facing the team that is the cause of the asterix on my 0-1*-6 record this season*? Oooooo, sweet sweet vindication.

But of course halflings are squirly little sonsabitches, so I'm not going to think it's already in the bag.

Sitting down and making plans, stabby is finally playing to win folks. The tears will be glorious.
:desu:

*Oh, I should mention. My issue with the * isn't that I'm telling myself I could have won that game, it's simply one that I win and lose on my own terms folks. A straight up 0-0-7 record would be preferable than that 'could've' record.

RK47

Patron
replay done. final score 2-1.
Thanks for following.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I believe in you stabby. Go on to win it all! Be the best loser you can be!

stabby

Learned
So yeah, I totally failed my math roll while planning for my match, and after carefully trimming the fat of my team I see that the halflings had the inducement money for both Zara & Strongbranch along with the chef.

:rage:

ImageMatchReport.aspx

... what, I didn't say I lost or anything, was just a terrible surprise to start a game with that's all.

:codexisfor:

stabby

Learned
Yeah, sorry about that guys. It was a fun game that was back and forth (with no lack of Nuffle's giggling on both sides), but I just derped hard on that last turn. All I had to do was blitz a snotling with a werewolf and run to the endzone. That's all I had to do.

Set up assists to make a 2D block, check. Start thinking about how to properly defend against Flying Snotling attack (as he had a +AG orgre/snotty combo with a hint of strong arm) at the start of overtime, check. Realized you just blocked without hitting the blitz button, :rage:

I will sit here quietly and await my punishment, as though I thought I'd made arrangements to save lil' stabby from the chopping block (you bastard!), I did say I would do an embarrassing LP if I lost, and I do keep my word.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Congrats on the concession, Jaedar.

How do you think you'll manage against the lizard team? :avatard:
I think that with headsplitter, clawmb and 11 players to foul with, we'll see some lizard blood before the day is done. :)

fastjack

Augur
Was this the last codex Blood Bowl tourney? My brother just picked up copies of the game for the two of us (legendary edition, chaos was 10 more $ and he was cheap) and I was wondering if we couldn't get in on the next codex tournament, assuming there is a next one. If not, is there another league that anyone would recommend joining?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom