Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Let's Unbox Boxes in Wasteland 2! (The End)

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Heart of Greed
x or △ <VOTE REQUIRED>
I'm staying. I've come too far to leave now...

01.jpg

Not everyone agrees, but thankfully only one officer left us so far. I fear the loyalty of other officers must've dropped as well - my liege would do well to reward them for staying on.

On the mean time, my task is done.

02.jpg

I can now propose to Lord Zhang the Xu Chang expansion project.

03.jpg

04.jpg

rk.jpg
It's time, milord.
bao.jpg
Yes. I can think of no better person to do this than you. Guards! Deliver that chest of gold to Shi Difen's estate!
rk.jpg
Whoa.
bao.jpg
Difen, this is a very important task to undertake. I'll give you five months to finish it. Go. Make us proud.
05.jpg

It's no joke. The money is all here to spend.
I guess all that's left is to expand the city...or not.
I can just take the money, run away... and be rich?
What am I saying?
Do I really want to stay here?
Lord Zhang Jiao is dead, and Zhang Bao is in charge... should he fall as well, my lord Zhang Liang is next in line.
Once the three brothers are gone... who will be the next successor to the Yellow Turban then?

I slowly lifted the lid off the chest, it's so heavy.
A shower of gold flooded my eyes.
I held my breath. A chance like this... will not come twice.

rk.jpg
Should I stay?

RK47

Patron
01.jpg

I recall the first time I stood outside Xu Chang's walls.
What a battle that was.
It's been years. She's a fine city to call home.

02.jpg

Time to help her give birth.
Months followed... more chaos in the realm.

03.jpg

04.jpg

Things are get worse before they get better.

05.jpg

Here are a few sample of skill prerequisites:
07.jpg

Taunt is pretty ridiculous. 30 STRAIGHT debate victories.
Warlord is VERY useful - what it does is it gives the ability to use one own's AP to command another officer's unit. But the requirement is very steep. 700 tactics EXP must be gained in the field. We're just going to suck it for the time being.

08.jpg

As expected, Lord Zhang Liang immediately orders the drafting of more troops to take advantage of the city's expansion.

09.jpg

I eagerly accepted his command. Blinded by ambitions of conquest and eventual glory, I vigorously drafted the populace.

10.jpg

A Large city can have up to 15 established military units. Each has a maximum of 10,000 troops each.

11.jpg

We're going all out.

Year 188 Month 7

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

More disasters struck the land. The Emperor has truly lost its Mandate of Heaven.
Meanwhile in Xu Chang, I've done most of my drafting assignments and was tasked to improve the city's technology.

15.jpg

I should've foreseen what issue this would've caused... but I was still unaware at that point of time.
I proceed to the city's Foundry, and met several of my colleagues.
One of them is Tian Feng, a renowned scholar from the north.

16.jpg

I believe it's time to learn 'Fault' from him.

17.jpg

Notice that the INT & POL options are grayed out? This is because the gap is too wide between us. His Intellect and Politics is on another level (90+). Thankfully, Debate skills falls under CHA which is somewhat comparable to ours (+70).

Also - take note that even if he has no skill to teach you - spending time learning together for 20 days gives you the relevant stat EXP. Hit 100 EXP and you gain the respective Stat Up. For INT there is also a School in Luo Yang that gives random amount of EXP for 300 gold over 20 days.

Oh, you also need to be at 'Trusted' relationship level. (Aware-Acquaintance-Friend-Trusted-Close-Sworn Brother)
Also, that doesn't mean he teaches it to you for free...

18.jpg

rk.jpg
Bring it.

RK47

Patron
01.jpg

Taken from KOEI Wiki:
Tian Feng is usually Yuan Shao's top strategist in the Romance of the Three Kingdoms games, with his intelligence being in the low 90's. He also has good political skill. Despite his high stats, he mirrors Yuan Shao's other strategists in that he does not have a skill in the eleventh installment. Additionally, he usually hates Shen Pei and Feng Ji and won't provide any assistance for them in battle.

"An able person born into this world who does not recognize and serve the right lord is ignorant. Today I die, but I am not deserving of pity butthurt." -Tian Feng

Ouch. That quote sums him up well. Historically, he is a very capable strategist, except his Lord, Yuan Shao never heeded his advice. You wanna know how sad this guy's history is? Read on.

KOEI Wiki:
Tian Feng advised Yuan Shao to attack Cao Cao's base at Xuchang to rescue the Emperor while Cao Cao was busy dealing with Lu Bu, but Yuan Shao ignored his advice. Two years later, Yuan Shao prepared for an offensive against Cao Cao and Tian Feng pressed him to move swiftly, as Cao Cao fought against Liu Bei in Xu. However, Yuan Shao did not heed Tian Feng's advice again and Cao Cao defeated Liu Bei and returned to the frontlines against Yuan Shao.

Tian Feng then warned Yuan Shao to not attack Cao Cao and instead urged a policy of delay and attrition. Yuan Shao refused and, because Tian Feng heavily persisted on the policy, had him imprisoned. Later that year, Yuan Shao suffered a heavy defeat at Guandu. He regretted to not have taken Tian Feng's advice and wanted to release him, but Feng Ji slandered Tian Feng, saying that the latter was glad about Yuan Shao's defeat and having been correct. When Yuan Shao returned to his camp, he had Tian Feng executed because of Feng Ji's slander.

Conclusion: Some bosses are just stupid. But blame yourself for not finding the right boss.

02.jpg

New skill acquired!

03.jpg

04.jpg

:lol: Fake chink praise mode: ON.

05.jpg

Year 189 Month 1
06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

Colleagues' contributions are starting to make it hard to stand out. But this is a good problem to have.
I think the warriors have easier time racking deeds anyway with the way they mow troops down in the battlefield.

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Hm, our gold reserves are starting to drop, but I think we'll be fine.

12.jpg

Nicely delivered boss.

13.jpg

I think I'll work on improving trade.

14.jpg

You know what shocked me most? The fact that Tech level is already capped and Xu Chang is ready to expand to Extra Large, except we simply couldn't afford to.

15.jpg

This is a huge mistake in my part. I should've went on with trade first instead of tech. Now we're kinda broke and treading a fine line between food shortage and lack of funds.

16.jpg

During work, I was also given a chance to assist my close associates when they're in the same duty.

17.jpg

Doing this improves their relations with you and also gives more results for the money your lord invested.

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

Though the whole deed is credited to the one being helped.
But let's not think too much about individual achievements and focus on the overall picture.

21.jpg

Gold's getting low and troops recruitment completely stopped. We can't afford anymore.
For me, the rest of the year is spent working at the marketplace. Assisting my colleagues whenever I can.

22.jpg

More good news on the personnel front.

23.jpg

This guy is a hard hitter.

24.jpg

Awesome result from helping dad.
And another unexpected reward.

25.jpg

I could approach my good friend, Mao Jie in teaching me that skill.

26.jpg

What is the benefit of the Trade skill? Aside from giving extra points from the gold invested, Traders can schedule longer development time (10-50 days) instead of the default 10. This also gives better return than the same amount of day done in two separate sessions.

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

rk.jpg
Thank you, my friend.
30.jpg

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
Year 189 Month 11 Day 26
01.jpg

Winter's here. Coffer's nearly empty. The troops are restless.
I need to do something.

05.jpg

rk.jpg
Lord Zhang. I propose we seize the empty city of Ru Nan in the south.
bao.jpg
Splitting the force now? With our gold reserves being so meager.
rk.jpg
I don't need gold for this journey. Merely food. Think of this as an opportunity. The year is ending, harvest and tax is coming. If we capture Ru Nan before the year ends...
bao.jpg
Then a season's worth of tax is ours! Brilliant!
rk.jpg
Shall I rally the troops?
06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

The empty, lawless city will not pose much of a resistance, however bandits will prey the city. And a garrison must be maintained to defend it.

10.jpg

I hope I'm not making a mistake.
Christmas is here.
12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Ru Nan is ours, all the outlaws have been driven out. Now all that's left is to march back to Xu Chang.

15.jpg

16.jpg

rk.jpg
Tell his Lordship that Shi Difen is extremely grateful for this gesture and shall return before the year's end.

RK47

Patron
17.jpg

rk.jpg
Nothing like coming back home with a victory. Eh, there's a guest?
01.jpg

rk.jpg
Mr. Mao Jie! It's truly an honor. What's the occasion?
mao.jpg
Oh, don't don't be so humble, everyone knows your victory at Ru Nan.
rk.jpg
Aha, very well. Come in, I apologize for my humble abode.
mao.jpg
Tis no trouble at all, my friend.
rk.jpg
Servant! Bring us a pair of cups!
03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

rk.jpg
My friend, I had no idea. I am truly honored.
mao.jpg
No, no the honor is mine. You truly showed your selfless nature when you helped me out at the foundry and the whole work was credited to me. Truly generous.
rk.jpg
You'd have done the same for me, comrade.
mao.jpg
Of course, of course. Shall we?
rk.jpg
One question though? Since you're the older one, shall I call you Da Jie or Da Ge? Ahaha!
mao.jpg
Why you little rascal! Ahah! Come, a toast between brothers!
rk.jpg
Yes, let's!
06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

I walked my sworn brother back home that night before heading to sleep.
It was a good year.

Year 190 Month 1
Despite the capture of Ru Nan - I was not offered the position of Prefect for that city.
I was not too disappointed, Ru Nan is nothing more than a backwater supply base. My intention was to allow more officers to be transferred out of Xu Chang and help it grow while I remain here, holding the front line.

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Not too disappointed with that ranking. Notice the roster is just overcrowded. We need to start sending them out to Ru Nan to get things done.

15.jpg

Ru Nan is relatively safe from any loyalist attacks. If any rogue army attacks it, we can always deploy to protect it.

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

I'm not interested in heading to Ru Nan. Best I wait a bit while I search for more talent.
Turns out I need not look far.

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

Next year, we'll start our offensive.

RK47

Patron
01.jpg

Every month I looked at the reports from Luo Yang, searching for any opportunity to strike.
There was none. It's not as straightforward as it seems, even with greater number of troops, we'd still be facing a sturdy city gate, with thousands of archers ready to rain death from above the walls.

It was frustrating. We need to setup a chain of defeat on the Loyalists, but we cannot engage them directly within their city. We need to draw them out, onto the field.

I thought our chance had arrived when news of He Jin's Fort construction at Guan Du has commenced.
An attack would abort that construction - and potentially deal them a severe defeat if we play our cards right.

02.jpg

But Lord Zhang was not very receptive to the idea.

03.jpg

04.jpg

I can only sigh at the missed opportunity.
But I bide my time, since my lord is still receptive to hiring more troops in Xu Chang.

A year passes...it's Year 191 - and I've gotten sick of the peace.

05.jpg

06.jpg

My restlessness puts me above my colleagues.

07.jpg

Alas my liege would not heed my advice to take the initiative.
I approach Xiahou Dun to learn my hiring skills.

08.jpg

09.jpg

This will help me in drafting more experienced troops.

10.jpg

As the frustrating stalemate remain, I grew closer to our lord, hoping that our relations would make him for receptive to my advice in the future...

11.jpg

And one day, out of the blue -

12.jpg

13.jpg

Unbelievable. They dare to attack Xu Chang?!

14.jpg

As my lord call out battle positions, I deploy my assigned cavalry unit just outside the walls in the forest.

15.jpg

16.jpg

We have more numbers...and a wall stands between us. There's no way we can lose this.

17.jpg

Come. I shall destroy you.

18.jpg

Thousands of the loyalists poured forth after crossing the river, only to be hailed by Cao Ren's archer brigade. Their clothes were still wet when arrow tips punctured their bodies.
Hidden from view, I was surprised to see Cao Cao taking the iniative.

19.jpg

Commanding his troops to scale the wall, he immediately ordered a charge on the adjacent defenders.

20.jpg

Even Zhang He's cavalry is claiming an impressive kill rate right outside the front gates.

21.jpg

22.jpg

Xiahou Dun's taking a beating, but Cao Ren's reply kept the odds favorable.

23.jpg

Cheng Yu, a brilliant commander has no need to stay on the front line. He can simply command others to make their move.

24.jpg

I really wish I can emulate his feats.

25.jpg

26.jpg

Cao Cao's men continue to prove their mettle on the walls.

27.jpg

Slaughtering thousands of defenders.
As the weather grew worse, I was stunned by a move that Zhang He made with his reserve cavalry, which is placed at the back.

28.jpg

It would appear that in this terrible weather, he is able to pull off a 'Surprise' attack from anywhere in the field!

29.jpg

30.jpg

Thousands died as he pulled off this successful move.
My forces are still hidden in the forest, and I just know what to do next.

31.jpg

It's time to return the favor!

32.jpg

On the second try however, the attack backfired.

33.jpg

Dealing heavy damage to my own unit.

34.jpg

I also identified a very dangerous commander in the enemy's side, Lu Zhi.

35.jpg

This cunning man is capable of luring our two adjacent units to commit a Blunder.

36.jpg

Xiahou Dun was the victim of this attack, being assaulted by one of the infantry reserves.

37.jpg

38.jpg

If only I had such tactical knowledge.
Cao Cao on the mean time, ran at it alone. Getting off the walls and started chipping at our second gate.

39.jpg

How laughable.
As the rain stopped, I realized it is no longer possible to pull off a Surprise attack of my own.

I waved my arms around to signal my troops' silence and pulled out a talisman.
It's time to channel Zhang Jiao's spirit and call upon the very Heavens to assist me.

40.jpg

Yes, I'm about to make it rain.

41.jpg

Dark clouds gather and soon the mere droplets turn into a heavy torrent.

42.jpg

It worked. The men turned to cheering, shouting out their great leader's name.
Zhang Jiao lives on! Long Live the Yellow Turbans!
I raised my sword and call out another surprise attack.

43.jpg

44.jpg

Burying another thousand unsuspecting loyalists as the rain washes our backs.

Two and a half weeks of fighting later, the sky clears and the month finally ended.

45.jpg

They've retreated. 55,000 casualties on their side, while we lost around 38,000.
Terrible.
But of course, our Lord would rather focus on the positives, giving a roll call on the highest deeds achieved in this battle.

46.jpg

The results were of no surprise at all.

48.jpg

I just hope we can capitalize on this successful defense and turn it into an attack soon.

RK47

Patron
If my assumptions are correct, the enemy would've lost almost half of their garrison forces in that attack, meaning we can use this opportunity to destroy their fortress or at least attempt to draw them out for another fight.

01.jpg

02.jpg

Damn it.

03.jpg

Earthquake plagued the region the very next month.

04.jpg

Ugh. I don't care. LET ME TAKE THE OFFENSIVE DAMN IT!

05.jpg

06.jpg

rk.jpg
YES! FINALLY!
07.jpg

08.jpg

However, my hopes of drawing the Loyalist to a fight were dashed...

09.jpg

We razed and burned that fortress to the ground, but the cowards would not march out of their accursed gates.

10.jpg

It was a morale boosting victory, but a hollow one.
We need to push out more. Put Luo Yang under threat.

11.jpg

Hu Lao Gate is right outside Luo Yang. Attacking it should provoke a response.

12.jpg

13.jpg

Gah!
Later that month, I received news of He Jin's assault on our neighboring city of Chen Liu.

14.jpg

Why the hell aren't we mobilized to reinforce yet?!

15.jpg

16.jpg

If we can force two defeats in a year, that should create a drop in power big enough to impact their defenses!
We can't let this chance go past us!

17.jpg

18.jpg

:rage:
I surveyed the situation further and was horrified to watch a second reinforcement from another Loyalist city marching towards Chen Liu!

19.jpg

Zhang Liang pls.

20.jpg

21.jpg

:hmmm: But , but... but... OK HOW ABOUT AN ASSAULT ON ANOTHER HARD POINT OF THEIRS - THAT'LL SHAKE THEM UP!

22.jpg

23.jpg

:nocountryforshitposters: CHAO CHEE BYE LAH

24.jpg

:negative:

25.jpg

:flamesaw:WE MUST TAKE THAT CITY BACK IMMEDIATELY WHILE THE DEFENSES ARE STILL IN TATTERS!

26.jpg

27.jpg

This is our window of opportunity... please. Before they reinforce it next year.

28.jpg

:dead:Ai si liao

RK47

Patron
Is this RoTK for the PSP or summin?
PS2 - it was never translated fully in PC. A disgrace.

Edit; FUCK IM SO ANGRY NOW THAT I WANNA ORDER KFC BUT FUCKING HELL ITS 2248 HRS SO THEY DONT DELIVER ANYMORE PHUACHEEBYE

RK47

Patron
00.jpg

mao.jpg
Difen, what are you looking at?
rk.jpg
My broken hopes and dream.
mao.jpg
Cheer up, it's a temporary setback, surely Lord Zhang would order us to retake Chen Liu soon.
rk.jpg
I sure hope so.
mao.jpg
Brother, I have to go.
rk.jpg
Where are you going?
mao.jpg
Ru Nan, they need people there. Your parents were sent there earlier this month, why don't you come with?
rk.jpg
No. Take care of them for me. I'll protect all of you from here.
mao.jpg
Don't give up the fight, Difen. I believe you are meant for great things.

Year 192 Month 1
The loss of Chen Liu is a major setback, He Jin's ability to summon two armies against one city proved effective at overcoming the city's defenders. He will do it again once he's ready.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Not incredible enough to save Chen Liu.

04.jpg

05.jpg

Lu Zhi is in charge of Chen Liu now. He's a good commander, it will be hard to remove him.

06.jpg

07.jpg

bao.jpg
Are you sure, Difen?
rk.jpg
Dammit, send me to Chen Liu already!
08.jpg

09.jpg

rk.jpg
I swear to god if you don't send me now I will walk out of here and never return as an ally ever again.
11.jpg

Zhang Liang sighs before making his decision

12.jpg

13.jpg

10.jpg

bao.jpg
Difen... I hope I'm not making a big mistake.
14.jpg

It's time to spill some.
the-ravages-of-time-2940363.jpg

RK47

Patron
15.jpg

rk.jpg
MEN! IS THIS NOT THE PROPER TIME TO ATTACK?!
16.jpg

56,000 defenders stand between us and victory.

rk.jpg
MEN! ARCHERS TO THE FRONT. SINGLE HEAVY INFANTRY, CHARGE THE GATES! THE REST STAND BACK AND WATCH!

17.jpg

hua.jpg
Commander, we can't afford too many losses, the defending garrison is almost as large as ours. Their archers would destroy us while we break the gate.
rk.jpg
Your concern is noted. Charge!
18.jpg

rk.jpg
Ji Ling! Head to the side and provide a distraction by scaling the walls!
19.jpg

rk.jpg
And now... for the main show.
20.jpg

21.jpg

23.jpg

rk.jpg
You can't kill what you can't see!
24.jpg

hua.jpg
It's working!
25.jpg

hua.jpg
Commander! We can't see the enemy as well!
rk.jpg
The gates can't move. BREAK IT DOWN!
26.jpg

27.jpg

hua.jpg
As you command!
rk.jpg
Ji Ling, what's the progress on the walls?
28.jpg

It would appear the the walls does not scale... to his level.

rk.jpg
-yeahhhh.
hua.jpg
GATES ARE DOWN!
29.jpg

rk.jpg
OK, good placing order for KFC now!
hua.jpg
Commander, stick to military matters while on duty!
30.jpg

rk.jpg
OK LAH! Ignore everything else and make for the inner gate!

The fog dissipated on the sixth day. But that doesn't stop me.

33.jpg

34.jpg

To locate enemies, you can do attacks on those obscured tiles...

35.jpg

If you neglect doing that, you might stumble upon an ambush while moving through the fog.

36.jpg

37.jpg

Got a little careless there. Won't happen again.

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

Hua Xiong is really putting work in this battle. Also, if you're wondering why everything seem to go smoothly, it's because as Commander in Chief, I have FULL control of all units. Unlike back then when I'm defending Xu Chang.

41.jpg

Cao Ren is already plinking the second gates with arrows. Everything is looking good.
And the occasional missteps by the defenders give us easy kills.

42.jpg

44.jpg

Arrows do little damage to gates, however, but more than a single unit can fire from range, as opposed to melee units like footmen. But the footmen dealt like 3x the normal damage when bashing gates. Siege towers would do more.

47.jpg

50.jpg

rk.jpg
Second gate's down, Hua Xiong! On towards their city gates!

Yes, attacking a city involves breaking its outside perimeter walls THEN laying siege upon the city itself.

51.jpg

Whoops, guess I rushed it a bit. Patience...

hua.jpg
Commander, they're blocking our way. Permission to charge and push those bastards back!
rk.jpg
Permission granted. Long Live the Yellow Turbans!
52.jpg

53.jpg

hua.jpg
We pushed them back!
rk.jpg
AGAIN!
54.jpg

56.jpg

hua.jpg
HAHA! Look at them flee!
rk.jpg
Ji Ling! SLAM THE CITY GATES!
57.jpg

Second week and we're already at the city gates. As the next-gen dota kids call it... rekt'ed.
As the fog disappears, Lu Zhi and his troops were scattered all over the perimeter, totally out of position.

58.jpg

The lone infantry in the inner court was finished off by Hua Xiong.

59.jpg

And the city gates succumbed to Ji Ling's assault on the 16th day.

60.jpg

61.jpg

Stage 2!
Except...

62.jpg

Lu Zhi decided it wasn't worth trying to fight within the city and withdraw.

63.jpg

64.jpg

hua.jpg
Commander, that fog was something. Lord Zhang Jiao is truly watching over us from the Heavens.
65.jpg

rk.jpg
Chen Liu will never fall again under my command. Soldier, send a courier to Lord Zhang - I will stay in Chen Liu.
66.jpg

rk.jpg
As it should be. :smug:

Year 192 - Shi Difen becomes the Prefect of Chen Liu. He was only 25 years old.

RK47

Patron
01.jpg

rk.jpg
So this is Chen Liu. Cao Ren, report status.
ren.jpg
Aside from the badly damaged defenses and some minor disturbances, Chen Liu in perfect condition.
02.jpg

rk.jpg
Well done. Let's head to the council hall.
ren.jpg
Wait. Milord, I think you need to see this.
03.jpg

rk.jpg
A machine yard?
ren.jpg
War machines for our soldiers. No more swinging our dull blades at the gates. We can get a huge ram and tear it down good.
rk.jpg
Good find!
05.jpg

06.jpg

rk.jpg
No, general. We need to fortify our position first. The loyalists will be back, count on it.
07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

rk.jpg
Hua Xiong, repair the defenses. I want the gates and the walls brought back to acceptable conditions.
11.jpg

guard.jpg
Milord, a group of officers from Xu Chang has arrived. Lord Zhang Liang transferred them under your authority.
rk.jpg
Excellent! Bring them in.
12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

rk.jpg
Very well. It's time to meet my strategist.
15.jpg

rk.jpg
Master Guo Jia, I am so happy to have you here.
guo.jpg
Save your gratitude once I've accomplished something of note, milord.
rk.jpg
Guo Jia, I have no doubt you will prove decisive in this conflict. Come, let me show you our facilities in Chen Liu.
16.jpg

Later that day, I assigned Guo Jia to spy on our enemies.
17.jpg

We need to keep tabs on those Loyalists.
While the rest of the officers were told to maintain order in this city.

18.jpg

Once all orders have been issued, I decided to explore the city.

19.jpg

20.jpg

rk.jpg
My goodness! Are you Master Xiahou Yuan? The brother of the famous Xiahou Dun? If so, please I have need of your services!
21.jpg

rk.jpg
Wonderful!

I also spent time assisting my men at their work.

22.jpg

23.jpg

At the end of month, I usually receive and review reports from all the officers.

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

Once I've decided on their next assignment, the cycle repeats itself.
Now for Guo Jia's report.

27.jpg

rk.jpg
Troubling. I didn't expect them to be this strong. They have twice of our number.
guo.jpg
Lord Difen is right to worry, but my spies have reported that they are focused on Xu Chang at the moment. We are safe for now.
rk.jpg
Yes, it would seem so. However, once Xu Chang falls...
guo.jpg
That will not happen so long our city sends reinforcements when the Loyalists attack.
rk.jpg
Alright. Guo Jia, your next assignment is He Nei. Find out whatever you can.
28.jpg

guo.jpg
My spies will miss nary a detail. I am off.

True to his word, Guo Jia finished his work without trouble.

29.jpg

30.jpg

rk.jpg
Disgustingly strong. How are we going to whittle them down?
guo.jpg
I believe I've already sourced for a solution. This city has the answer.
rk.jpg
How so?
guo.jpg
My lord need only wait for the city expansion project to complete. Then I shall show you our secret weapon.
rk.jpg
Very well, I look forward to it.

Months passes, still no attacks on our cities. I grew restless.

32.jpg

33.jpg

rk.jpg
Huh?
guo.jpg
There you are milord. Come, let me show you something.
34.jpg

rk.jpg
A siege tower? What use would this be on defense?
guo.jpg
Death from over a thousand paces. Please authorize the construction of these siege towers on at least two of our bow units, milord. I have a feeling we may need them soon.
rk.jpg
I have no reason to doubt you, Guo Jia. Go ahead.
35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

rk.jpg
Well that settles any short-term assignments for now.
guo.jpg
Why not take your time and deepen your studies, milord?
rk.jpg
Hmmm....
38.jpg

rk.jpg
Very well.
39.jpg

rk.jpg
I suppose I can meet him in Xu Chang.
40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

That was quite worthwhile to undertake actually, I can feel my experience growing...

44.jpg

However, as I met the third scholar - a messenger sent an alarming news.

47.jpg

rk.jpg
I've got to return to Chen Liu and march with reinforcements. Tell Lord Zhang I shall return within a week!
49.jpg

rk.jpg
Guo Jia! Is it ready?
50.jpg

guo.jpg
Yes, milord. It's time.
rk.jpg
Indeed. Summon the generals.
51.jpg

rk.jpg
Gentlemen, a force of 80,000 is marching towards our sister city of Xu Chang. We will respond with a force of 50,000 of our own to reinforce the defenses. Come forth when your name is called and receive your assignments.
rk.jpg
Xiahou Yuan! Bow command, siege tower deployment!
yuan.jpg
I shall not disappoint!
rk.jpg
Cao Ren! Bow Command, siege tower deployment!
ren.jpg
Cao Ren here, accepting command!
rk.jpg
Hua Xiong! Bow Command, you're on foot!
hua.jpg
Affirmative, Commander!
rk.jpg
Guo Jia! Infantry Command! Tactical support!
guo.jpg
Their fate is sealed.
rk.jpg
I shall command a force of 10,000 archers myself. The rest of you, accept this list of assignment and keep the city safe while I'm gone.
guard.jpg
Beat the drums! Open the gates for the army!
52.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpg

rk.jpg
Men! Our time is now!
55.jpg

yellow_turbans_rtkxi.jpg

RK47

Patron
01.jpg

02.jpg

rk.jpg
Take up positions on the defensive walls! No city will be lost today! Cao Ren! Assemble the siege tower!
03.jpg

04.jpg

ren.jpg
Assembly complete! Ready arrow and pull back the string!
05.jpg

:what: They can reach that far?!
06.jpg

ren.jpg
Release on my mark!
07.jpg

A thousand died after five volleys. They've not even cross the river. That tower's firing distance is insane.

guo.jpg
It's my turn!
09.jpg

10.jpg

Direct Command basically uses the Commander AP for a selected unit, allowing Guo Jia to control whichever unit that needs to move more at that turn. That is a very interesting take on strategist.

rk.jpg
Xiahou Yuan! Deploy!
12.jpg

yuan.jpg
Burning missiles loaded! Light them up!
13.jpg

rk.jpg
RELEASE!
14.jpg

15.jpg

They've never seen anything like this before.

pcsx2-r5875%202014-08-21%2020-51-01-53.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom