Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Rise Poland from the ashes in Victoria 2 (revived)

zenbitz

Scholar
Erzherzog said:
zenbitz said:
wait, you are complaining that tiny Krakow has no chance against Mighty germany? Why SHOULD they have a chance? I think it might be a better game if the AI was good enough so that playing a medium sized or even GP would be challenging. It's clear if you can play THIS well with freakin' KRAKOW then the game must be a tactical bore playing as Germany, Russia, or god forbid Great Britain.

I thought your HOI replay where Poland stands off the werhmacht was totally ridiculous. But maybe I am a realist.

I think your post is kind of a contradiction, yes we're complaining that Krakow cannot stand against Germany under the current system, because the system favors big countries by promoting 'gigantic stack vs. gigantic stack' battles that determine a major part of the war. Then you complain about a lack of challenge. The over-simplification of war in the Vicky series is exactly what creates a lack of challenge. Clearly we would both prefer more variety in combat in this game.

I don't quite agree...

All I am saying is that a realistic game SHOULD favor over big countries over small ones... because numbers (and economies) matter. Of course, terrain tactics, technology, morale, and most importantly doctrine ALSO matter - but at some point Krakow cannot stand up to the Austro-Hungarian Empire...

But a stupid simple warfare simulation will correctly generate the outcome of a "real" war between Germany and Krakow (Germany wins). It might not get the details right.... So, the fact that the simulation is poor has nothing to do with Germany v Krakow. It does have everything to do with playing a big power being boring. If playing a big power was not boring (because the war game was too easy to "solve") then no one would play Krakow and expect to beat Germany!

Drakron

Arcane
I think the issue is another.

HoI seems to favor the war aspect, EU seems toe favor country building as V seems to favor internal management.

And that is the problem, in V war aspect is simplified AND complicated to a point of being broken because there seems to lack a proper diplomatic system, look at the Russia vs Austria that is something that could work as part of the alliance system were Krakow would win simply by allying with the victor and demand those provinces on the peace treaty.

But he cannot because there is no scenario written for Poland, military is impossible as you have idiotic AI that can neither run battles or remain at war in order for the player to "win" at war because you have no choice, you cannot run the war being a minor member of a military alliance, you have to run the war entirely.

Its like playing Belgium and having to run the entire Great War as France, Russia,United Kingdom and Italy AI are unable to either fight Germany or even stay at war.

Also you have a historical example as Austria-Hungary had problems with Serbia and only when Bulgaria joined in they were able to win decisively.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well it is important to note that at that point Austria-Hungary was essentially nothing but a husk of what it used to be.

Personally, I'd say the matter with combat is in technology. Namely the fact that it matters so much and equal technology favours larger numbers. Of course it should matter a lot, being that this isn't a short period of time with 80% of all technology about warfare (like in HoI), so it's a bit of a dilemma.

But making tiny minors fun to play is something even HoI hasn't really managed to do, even if Finland is a lot of fun for HoI2 and HoI3.

If you ask me, they should change the inferior EU combat model for Victoria and switch to the HoI model (attacks begin the moment movement is initiated). Not only would that make the terrain modifiers work better, but it would add in a lot more strategy in the form of multi-directional attacks and more defined bottlenecks.

But yea, GarfunkeL is right. The realistic outcome is that Krakow loses against any of the great powers around her. The only way to form Poland would be if Krakow was eligible for receiving Polish provinces as Liberation wargoals in wars of other powers, or have a Reconquest/Unification CB to throw around. And of course, if the great powers at war would favour carving buffer states out of their enemies. And if Poland didn't require all of the core territory to form (hell, just Posen/Schlesien, Congress Poland or all of Galicia should be enough for what accounts for a flag change and Reconquest CB).

Another problem Potatoland faces though is that you cannot demand the enemy to EVER renounce their claims on your territory, which means you're stuck with permanent threat of war against all three of yours large and angry neighbours.

zenbitz

Scholar
Historically, technology is not a very strong factor in determining who wins land battles or wars. Except for stuff like colonial wars.

I think on the naval front it's more important.

Also - although i have never played any of these games - I would absolutely not expect a WWII era warfare system to reproduce well anything prior to 1918. You can't have modern "manuver" warfare doctirine in 1887. But maybe I am a historical stickler.

I just picked up a copy of EU2.

oscar

Arcane
I remember in the higher difficulties of Vicky 1 soldiers lost in battle were also lost as pops. I'm trusting this wasn't in effect as you seemed to of lost many times your population :D

A shame that your not continuing this LP, I was really looking forwards to seeing Fascist Austria.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I decided to get me some more different stuff to do in HoI3, and make a decision for Austria that allows for a different outcome in the Political Crisis (or before if conditions are met). That is, the restoration of the imperial throne (along with all old cores, though conquest is necessary). It might be a bit more interesting to have a third major Axis power rolling about.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
oscar said:
I remember in the higher difficulties of Vicky 1 soldiers lost in battle were also lost as pops. I'm trusting this wasn't in effect as you seemed to of lost many times your population :D

A shame that your not continuing this LP, I was really looking forwards to seeing Fascist Austria.

Each POP represents four people. So counting the trickleback (wounded units, desertions etc) modifier and wounded in Vic2 one lost soldier costs 1/10 of a POP. In Vic that was IIRC 1/4 and higher on higher difficulties.
So yes, soldiers killed mean killed POPs. But no, its not 1 to 1 ratio.

Infantryman

Scholar
In Vicky 1 POPs had up to 100 000 people, although you could split them when they reached 40 000 which was horribly irritating. And even despite these much lower demands in terms of POPs calculation and graphics, the game could go not very smoothly to say the least. My guess is that Vicky 2 indeed does require a supercomputer to make all those calculations at a bearable speed later in the game.

Cassidy

Arcane
Infantryman said:
In Vicky 1 POPs had up to 100 000 people, although you could split them when they reached 40 000 which was horribly irritating. And even despite these much lower demands in terms of POPs calculation and graphics, the game could go not very smoothly to say the least. My guess is that Vicky 2 indeed does require a supercomputer to make all those calculations at a bearable speed later in the game.

Or a few more patches... :M

In any case. Here goes attempt #3. I intended to wait for chzr to finish his LP before continuing in this, but it has been two weeks since the last update in there, so I'm putting this in any case. It'll be a retry, but unlike in other cases, I haven't bothered taking screenshots of anything prior to what would be expected as a continuation of the latest update: a war with Prussia/Germany to liberate Poland. I'll write up something to compensate, but several years have been skipped in this. Most of them not really interesting, mind you, and the war with Austria was pretty much the same as previously shown, a brutal trench warfare experience, except for, you'll see.

One more thing, I made some modifications. First of all, I'm using the 1.3 version. Second, the British India mod so that Britain won't be totally overpowered. Third, I reduced the requirement for each national focus point to make the research over them worth for non Great Powers, reduced drastically the mobilization size and now casualties will hurt soldier pops much harder than before, I multiplied the maximum infamy hit by 4(from 25 to 100), and with this wars started by the AI also happen more oftenly, fortunately. And to finish it, I added cores to Krakow on all provinces Poland also has cores into, otherwise it would be totally impossible to pull.

=================================

Polish-soviet_propaganda_poster_1920_Polish.jpg

When a single city forges a colonial empire.
When every means necessary are taken to fight for freedom.
When a great promise was made.

Uprising

Rzeczpospolita_Krakowska_1815_EN.png

It has been so long. Many lost their hope during the year of 1836, as the once powerful Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth was carved ruthlessly by old, traitorous rivals, and the Polish people were subjugated under their rule, with nothing left but the small city of Krakow, always tied within the sphere of influence of one of the foes. And it was there, one democracy surrounded by authoritarian states, alone, without friends.

All that remained to do was to please the Austrian overlords, and attempt to progress internally as much as possible in such limited space. Through the 1840s, Krakow would become one of the most progressive democracies of the world, and the first nation of Earth to institute universal suffrage, drawing a few immigrants in with promises of freedom and work, and there was one more event, an event that would open one single opportunity to change, to grow. Austria began to carve up Denmark, until, about the year of 1849, only Copenhagen remained. Aware of this fact, daringly, Krakow requested permission to occupy and control the tiny, barely populated insular area, as a reward for their enduring loyalty to Austria, military and economical support to their imperial ambitions included. Perhaps because they saw no value in that insignificant piece of an already entirely conquered Denmark, they have accepted, having no idea of the threat they just created for themselves.

It was barely in time, as in a diplomatic dispute, Russia snatched Krakow to their sphere of influence, and thus, Krakow was granted military access into Russia, as they moved all their forces, small but courageous, to Copenhagen, which was granted the status of Free City, and thus, all those willing to pledge alliance to Krakow would be granted the right to vote.

GreatCourlandBayMonument.jpg

"Remember Kurlandia", said the man who was preparing the expedition. Kurland, in spite of its small size, has managed to establish colonies over Africa and America, and now, the key to hope was right there. By offering the natives well-paying jobs with granted pensions to their families and a better life, in exchange for their military service in the cause of the liberation of Poland, Krakow hoped to gather a large enough force to stand a chance within such daunting goal, around the 1860s.

It was not easy. Athough the high literacy of Copenhagen made of Krakow a small but technologically advanced country, they were forced to still resort to superior tactics as, their conquest drive which began with the invasion of Sokoto with the goal of seizing one of its territories, would put their tiny army against legions of machete rape gangs. In time, this step would be just the beginning of a drive for conquest that would also end with the annexation of Brunei and many other uncivilized, dirty poor countries that usually lacked even firearms in their armies. And with every victory, the Krakowian Army of Liberation grew, more and more, and with the status and prestige gained as a tiny country managing to build slowly its own colonial empire, it didn't take long for Krakow to rise to the status of secondary power, and thus begin its colonization efforts proper, being the first to invent machineguns as a counter to the life rating hit caused by machete rape gangs, granting much prestige and glory to the small country.

9eNTK.jpg

By the end of the year of 1877, using of clever political maneuvers to not lose what they have conquered, the Krakowian Empire has been building up, in secret, a very large colonial army, the Liberation Army they have dreamed of. It was then that one promise was made, that, once Poland, Belarus, Ukraine and Lithuania are freed from subjugation, all peoples that have served under Krakowian Army shall be equally granted their national independence should they wish to, regardless of the hit in prestige such mass abandonment of colonies would cause.

It was then, that with a large merchant fleet, and the support of Russia, granting military access to Krakow so to allow the covert movement of their newly army to Austrian borders, the first steps for the liberation of Poland would begin: the recovery of West Galicia.

Polish-soviet_war_1920_Polish_defences_near_Milosna%2C_August.jpg

It was a long, bloody war, and mostly fought by Krakow alone, yet Russia kept the frogs busy in other fronts, but French forces, betraying what could have been a positive relation with Poland by supporting Austria, came with everything, and they attacked Krakow itself. In time, they massed legions in single battles, and this would prove to be their greatest mistake. Krakow never sent more men to fight than those who could fit within the ever tighter front lines as technology advanced, and having, behind the front, fresh forces, they sent them in once the ones in a battle were almost on the verge of defeat, and ordered their retreat. Meanwhile, all around the battle Krakowian forces were positioned, encircling the attacking legions. After suffering horrible losses due to the encirclement of their numerically superior forces, France did what they do best, and rose the flag of white peace, leaving the conflict and letting Austria to fend for themselves. With much of their territory seized, they thus conceded to Krakowian demands, damning the long dead men who agreed to give Copenhagen to Krakow.

And after the five years truce was gone, Krakow has risen, and was now considered a Great Power, to the worry of its neighbors, who were fortunately busy in other conflicts. And a second war thus begin to finish everything and take the other legitimately Polish territories back from Austria, plus, due to random chance, having a justification to seize a part of Bohemia along the way, and demand the liberation of Slovakia as a buffer state, under Krakow's sphere of influence. And thus, one of the most difficult stages would follow. Prussia has failed to unify the many states in Germany, but it was there, and it was one of the mightiest armies of the world. Yet, the Liberation Army can only prevail, after all that has been done and promised. The Independence War has been fought a decade by now, and it will not be left unfinished!

: x

(also I discovered that when Great Powers use the acquire core CB, they get the entire state and not only the provinces in the state they have cores in)

h3apu.jpg

It was during the year of 1890 that opportunities arose to take the next step in the liberation of Poland. The overall political situation of Krakow was considered more than just a totally improbable Great Power: it was deemed a world standard of democracy, liberty and progress, the "European brother of America in the cause of liberty" by one of their presidents, and in many ways, it was far more libertarian than the United States, while it also packed, for the joy of Liberal, an excellent public healthcare service. With its liberation of Jerusalem from the ragheads, deemed a "new and successful Crusade" by the more extremist nuts of the Krakowian Catholic Party, a future opportunity also lied, to make a compromise of giving to the Jews their own land back, and a significant minority the Krakow inhabitans were Jews.

hitler-watermelon.gif

Of course, nothing like this to get certain Austrians extremely upset about their defeat riled up, specially now that, seeing how the recent war weakened them, the Prussians were trying to take a slice of Austria for themselves, unaware that by doing so, they just created the opportunity Krakow was hoping for. Having to fight two enemies at the same time would be difficult, and although the irony was clear on how doing this and succeeding would end helping Austria, there was no reason to change liberation into reckless revenge. In the last decade of the 19th Century, the balance of power would shift forever in Central Europe, one way or another.

MvFTq.jpg

Careful diplomatic maneuvering prevents the inconvenient alliance of Britain with Prussia to botch this, and thus, now Krakow stands alone against both Prussia and their lapdog minor states, and hopefully Austria and Bavaria will cause them some damage, for the coming war will almost certainly be tough. Much more than the brutal two wars fought against Austria.

b2CLn.jpg

With most of Africa carved by France and Central Africa, the focus of Krakowian colonization, transformed mostly into Congo and given as a satellite to another counry, merely for the sake of prestige, while the war with Prussia was just beginning, Krakow starts its own colonization of the Pacific.

VMOFe.jpg

At the first month, the war caught the Krautz unprepared, as most of their focus was against Austria and Bavaria. Some of them tried something while the Krakowian forces were positioning themselves along the battlefield. As little as possible to conquer territories and as much as possible to encircle and crush the enemy armies, was the strategic order about how to carry on with the Polish Patriotic War.

qlSR8.jpg

Predictably, the enemy was putting most of their eggs in the same basket, and launching doomstacks against the brave Polish defenders, leaving all the way behind exposed to encirclement. Still, their numbers made the ongoing battles incredibly difficult, and more could arrive at any moment, to make things even more difficult. The greatest battles take a long time, and at times it seems the Prussians could win, yet, instead of throwing their own doomstacks, the Krakowians were wiser, they left anything beyond 42,000 soldiers at a time for each battle around the battlefied, while the battle continued, and sent new soldiers to the battle, retreating the weary ones to get reinforcements while surrounding the enemy forces in battle, ensuring better chances. Yet, it would take possibly half a year for some of these battles to come to an end. And even now, Krakow already was on the gates of Berlin, although the war was far from defined, and soon things could turn much tougher.

fa0MK.jpg

By the month of November, 1890, hopeful news come while many battles cost the lives of dozens of thousands of Poles and of hundreds of thousands of black people and ragheads in seemingly everlasting stalemates over the trenches. The French, realizing that Prussia is facing two wars with multiple foes, take their chances and force Prussia to now fight a two-front war. This will greatly reduce the pressure of Prussian forces against the Krakowian liberation of Silesia, and, should the war turn out far more successful than expected, of every Polish territory the Prussians took away.

MZqst.jpg

Polish_hill_262.jpg

Some of their isolated forces are being chased away until they surrender or are wiped out. The Krakowian soldiers, both Poles and not, fight with great courage, for the promises of a free Poland of of other not only freed, but also industrialized and modernized countries with their sovereignties permanently protected by the new Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. But every battle is a challenge. It is a good thing Krakow is entirely up-to-date in military technology.

Ctow2.jpg

Although not strictly military, advances in psychology may help bolster morale, esprit de corps and the public willingness of the population to volunteer to fight through appeals to the psychology of the masses, accelerating the recovery of understrength brigades during the war and how fast they gain experience during the battles. Tough battles like the ones being fought in Gorlitz and Troppau. Funny, that this may give a huge difference and power to Krakow against its foes, for being able to recover faster from casualties will mean much in the already ongoing and coming wars against numerically superior forces.

w7x3H.jpg

Even against superior Kraut forces the might and elan of Krakow prevails, as the Battle of Stettin comes to an end. Taking advantage of how things suddenly turned also in their favor, the Austrians, who once fought against Krakow to keep their privileges, but now, in the ironies of war, are fighting as co-belligerents against a common enemy, and thankful about it as this bold decision in the Polish Wars of Independence saved their own asses from being subjugated by Prussia, begin to occupy parts of Prussia. Yet, they have still a quite powerful army remaining, and can yet put up a fight, even against France, Austria and Krakow together.

On other news, the province of Brno is at last deemed Polish Krakowian. Something perhaps even greater than the original Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth may rise.

67B9a.jpg

The long Battle of Troppau is finally over, and it's another glorious victory, inflicting heavy casualties on the involved Prussian forces. Krakow's homeland is safe, but even more Prussian forces will soon be coming from their occupation of border Austrian territories as soon as they are finished.

XShEQ.jpg

resized_ScreenShot607.jpg

A truly wondrous sign of progress in the forefront of next-gen technological advancement!

bz4E0.jpg

Superior morale of fighting for a cause one believes at rather than as the lapdog of a bigger country ensues victory against numerically superior defenders in advantageous tactical position, and this shows why Krakow was always considered "unbelievable" by the US. For it strives to achieve that others think impossible in its dreams of a free nation.

31z9E.jpg

Dywizjon_Kosciuszki.jpg

While patriots struggle to drive the multiple divisions of invaders out of their homeland, one Pole will be forever remembered in History as one of the pioneers in aviation. The Catholic Party does not pursue a State Capitalist economic policy and thus it will not be possible to take immediate advantage of this development, which for now, is restricted to a few wealthy people and for civilian purposes, but in a decade, that may change, and the glorious Krakowian Air Force, or perhaps, hopefully, already Polish Air Force by the 1900s, will bring a new age of warfare.

F40ba.jpg

The advantage of being on your own in a war like this is that nobody will pull bullshit about accepting a white peace offer while you stand a chance of winning it. Thus no more rage about Russian cowardice and incompetence in warfare, for through all the Independence wars, Krakow has fought almost entirely on their own. The war effort is turning quite well so far, which is why Prussia seems desperate for peace, while parts of their territory are already occupied.

euFKR.jpg

Great battles are finished, and of all of them, none was more legendary than the Battle of Halle. Facing a force that outnumbered theirs at more than two to one, the defenders of Halle didn't waver, and held back the Prussian force. One step closer to the liberation of the parts of Poland Prussia took away, but a war still with many months to go through, if not years. The situation has been favorable, but should any of the other forces attacking or defending accept white peace, then Prussia would be able to focus more of their attention against Krakow, and their armies, on the whole, outnumbered Krakow.

H4CWI.jpg

Although a few years ago they fought a war, now it may be a good time to seek recociliation with France, while the outcome of this liberation war continues uncertain, for in the soon to come 20th Century, France may yet turn out to be a strong ally, should the dreams of restoring Poland come to reality. It is known that the only country to ever seize, for a time, the Kremlin, was Poland, but the Reichstag stands as an even more difficult symbol to take over, and after all Krakow is not exactly Poland, for Poland will only exist again once all its former territories are fully liberated from the oppressors. Could Krakow deliver a decisive blow in the coming months and perhaps even raise the Polish flag over the Reichstag, something no army has ever managed before?

Hellraiser

Arcane
:salute: The ferocity of civilized machete rape gangs turned into regular soldiers is most astonishing good sir M: Please carry on.

How did you get both the war of unification and liberate core CBs against Prussia? Did you mod them? Or did paradox give Krakow them?

zenbitz

Scholar
Austria began to carve up Denmark, until, about the year of 1849, only Copenhagen remained. Aware of this fact, daringly, Krakow requested permission to occupy and control the tiny, barely populated insular area, as a reward for their enduring loyalty to Austria, military and economical support to their imperial ambitions included. Perhaps because they saw no value in that insignificant piece of an already entirely conquered Denmark, they have accepted, having no idea of the threat they just created for themselves.

Wut.

How did you get Copenhagen?

Cassidy

Arcane
How did you get both the war of unification and liberate core CBs against Prussia? Did you mod them? Or did paradox give Krakow them?

I edited several files in /history/provinces to add Krakow cores to all provinces where Poland also had cores. It's one of the ways to make the whole ordeal less of an impossible mission.

zenbitz said:
Austria began to carve up Denmark, until, about the year of 1849, only Copenhagen remained. Aware of this fact, daringly, Krakow requested permission to occupy and control the tiny, barely populated insular area, as a reward for their enduring loyalty to Austria, military and economical support to their imperial ambitions included. Perhaps because they saw no value in that insignificant piece of an already entirely conquered Denmark, they have accepted, having no idea of the threat they just created for themselves.

Wut.

How did you get Copenhagen?

Declared war on Denmark, with conquest as a goal, asked for help from Austria, which by the time still had Krakow as an ally and in their SoI, and they agreed, doing the war for Krakow and giving them Copenhagen, which was everything left from Denmark by the time this happened.

======================================

3010330418_3aecbc95ed.jpg

Reichstag, 1890

Road to Berlin

Music

BP6dr.jpg

By the end of March, most of the eastern parts of Prussia had fallen, but the enemy was still putting up a very tough fight. By the start of the war Prussia and their allies far outnumbered Krakow, and this still hasn't changed. The coming battles would remain difficult.

MkXiJ.jpg

A great victory ensues over Oloumouc, and many Krauts pay the final price for what they did to Poland as they were fully encircled. Another great battle is happening in Liegnitz, and measures are being taken to encircle the Prussians over there so that, if they lose, they'll be permanently gone for quite a time as assets for the oppressors. Meanwhile, a minor force is set upon to occupy the city of Berlin, but the local garrisson proves very difficult to overcome. It'll take years for the city to be given up by the Prussians, but it must be achieved, for such a feat could well define the future of Poland and of Central Europe.

aMdud.jpg

All around Liegnitz, Krakowian forces encircle the Prussian forces. Those who began this battle, having taken significant casualties, are sent to rest and receive reinforcementsat Breslau, while fresh forces do continue it, defending the place from numerically superior forces which for the time being, are much better organized, and thus, at least in theory, this may be a lost battle. Yet, it was known all along that the price of freedom would be high, and thus they keep fighting and never surrender to the Prussian legions.

BiJAf.jpg

Liegnitz is not the only site of tough battles, and although the battle of NeustrelITZ was won, in Halle, to the south of Berlin, legions attack the thinly spread defense line from a lapdog that refused to help the Prussians in this war, but still provided them with military access.

F5WTD.jpg

64396599_c695edd2b7.jpg

Male25.jpg
: It was then that western civilization began its decline at the fullest extent over the entire history of the West.

KhDqd.jpg

The lapdogs begin to be occupied, and although the certainy of victory is distant, it still remains distant, for Prussia still can put up a fight and the battle of Liegnitz, which has lasted for months, remain unresolved, as do many other far greater battles against legions of the enemy.

XhM3r.jpg

Sicilian forces allied with Austria come to give a small support to the brave Krakowian defenders in the battle that has now lasted for countless months, and where most of the brigades had already retreated to Breslau to recover, as fresh new forces came in to continue the fight. Although their contribution in numbers was small, they brought one of their best generals to this battle, and one day, Poland will remember this and return the favor to the Italians, provided they are open to the idea of an alliance.

:salute:

5Ikgx.jpg

After months of bloody trench warfare, at last, Liegnitz is secured, and the hundreds of thousands of Prussia forces end with no choice but surrender. This victory marks a crushing blow and great step towards the achievement of all goals of this war: the liberation of all Polish territories from Prussia!

MsywS.jpg

A large Prussian force remains stranded in foreign territory after another failed attempt to take Halle. The final moments of this war may be drawing near.

cY9xX.jpg

They keep trying and failing over Halle, but some surprise attacks wipe out the leftovers of a single Krakowian brigade trying to occupy one of the Prussian cities.

zoMLG.jpg

Yet, as soon as the battle of Liegnitz was over, victory could be certain for the Polish people in this!

Hopefully no surprises were left, hopefully, but maybe the Prussians still had one last push to try, that could very well be the last important battle of this war.

kHv1a.jpg

For ultimate victory draws every close, and the French will probably get their Alsace-Lorraine pretty soon as well, because right now, Prussia is on the brink of defeat. However, to say they had no fight capability left would be an underestimation. There was one last matter that would begin:

NNfXE.jpg

Fittingly, the final important battle of this war would be the Battle of Berlin. It was here that this war would either be dragged indefinitively or finished. It was here that the Polish flag may yet wave over the Reichstag.

Outnumbered, the defenders would have a tough task ahead, specially as other Krakowian forces were either engaged in other less important battles or utterly exhausted in these two years of total war.

Will Krakow achieve the feat of conquering Berlin?

Cassidy

Arcane
Battle_of_Niemen.jpg

Attero Dominatus

Music

Z43NL.jpg

The war for the liberation of Poland still had other major battles besides Berlin, where once again, Krakow emerges ever victorious. The enemy is beaten, but only total defeat will persuade them to give away everything they took from Poland, with interests.

Z8swv.jpg

Polish_Legionists_at_Kostiuchnowka_%281916%29.jpg

Their capability of war is rapidly declining, and their armies suffering terrible losses. It isn't expected to take much longer before Prussia finally folds completely, while Krakow earns more and more glory and prestige from such great victories.

31bNP.jpg

Another attempt to break out of their stranded status in "neutral" territory fails, and Erfurt remains securely under Krakowian hands. As a new year comes, soon the situation begins to make itself clearer and certain.

Hznzt.jpg

The last remnants of the Prussian Army are defeated in Berlin. Now all left is to fully conquer Berlin, which will take yet a long time, but very soon, a new age shall begin for Central Europe, and the dream of restoring Poland will be closer than ever.

t7XjZ.jpg

hgwsE.jpg

To avoid being landlocked, Krakow paves a path of demands all the way to Danzig, but that is only the beginning, for the ultimate goal of this war is to take back all rightful Polish land, and not just most of it. For that, the total subjugation of Prussia and their lapdogs will be needed.

wOIkc.jpg

A goal that gets ever close from being accomplished, while slowly, the smaller countries begin to collapse politically, their governments hanging on a thin thread as extremist ideologies flourish. Hannover, for a start, is most likely to become a commie shithole as soon as this war is over.

ay4v4.jpg

Within one of the African colonies, socialism grows stronger. Perhaps one day it'll inspire great men like Mugabe, Idi Amin and others, but right now, it won't.

86h17.jpg

France took Alsace-Lorraine back and thus left the war, leaving more Prussian land to be occupied, and allowing even greater pressure to be put against them, as now, with both France and Austria out, having emerging victorious, Krakow can occupy the entirety of Prussia and their allies.

63tpD.jpg

The Prussian army was not only defeated in the end, but systematically wiped out. Now it is all a matter of time to occupy everything.

QaAzI.jpg

keynespic.jpg

Better railroads are always a good option, mises.org predecessors be damned.

jjc7D.jpg

The Krakowian colonial empire reaches its fullest extent over Africa. Now, unless communists take over Congo and remove its status as a satellite, allowing it to be annexed without greater consequences, there is not much left to do in this continent besides, of course, attracting Polish immigrants as to begin the transformation of colonies into states, and making them thus, whiter.

:incline:

ZXKv3.jpg

With every field of psychology currently available researched, granted a significant boost in how fast understrength armies get reinforcements, the improvement of literacy levels and of how fast colonies grow become the next step in research, for it'll be some years before army technology, where Krakow already is as advanced as possible for its time, evolves further.

QyUGj.jpg

soo0hz.jpg

Finally, the Polish flag waves over the Reichstag in one of the most important and glorious moments in the history of the Polish people! Now it's only a matter of time before they fold to all demands of Krakow!

F396V.jpg

The potato spreads all over the Earth, and even in the farthest corners, Poles are becoming larger and larger population, including among these the Multiheaded Dong Quai.

lYUzR.jpg

commies_2.gif

Socialism continues to grow. The conservatives are growing worried, although it still is not a significant threat to the status quo over Krakow, and these socialists don't advocate the dictatorship of the proletariat. Those who do, the commies proper, are a minority. Still, the red is growing over Potatoland.

zI6Ax.jpg

While the cyan had its maximum growth over Africa. Thus there was little left to colonize. France got most of Africa for themselves, and Austria a small chunk, and that is it.

:M

0EuJp.jpg

Under occupation, Prussia is collapsing economically, yet they refuse to concede the Krakowian demands. Maybe it is true that only once every inch of their land is occupied, they will fold.

WzPJh.jpg

The government launches a program to draw Poles to the Far East, hoping that the Polish people will yet become a majority in parts of southeast Asia, and thus new states would be formed over there, and their presence solidified forever.

vxCQ3.jpg

Netherlands becomes a new ally for Krakow, while the final stage of the long war with Prussia is soon to be ended.

cnb3f.jpg

Frankfurt was the last territory still not occupied by Krakowian forces, with this, Prussia has only two options left: to remain under occupation until their country becomes a wasteland, or to fold to everything Krakow wants. Surely, they wouldn't want the former, for nobody would be insane to not see that, if they wanted, Krakow could even annex Prussia right now, considering every inch of their land was conquered.

gwZKM.jpg

Thus

OHI9D.jpg

Krakow inherits one of the most developed regions of what once were Polish territories, with a plus, for not only the provinces where Poland had historically been, but the entire states, are given to Krakow, transforming the once insignificant country in one of the greatest powers of the world!

AM4Ic.jpg

As for Prussia, it'll never be a threat again, but the way has been paved even further than in Austria for the possible rise of extremist ideologies and Jew-hating lunatics in power. Time will tell, as always, time will tell. But for now, only one thing will be forever remembered in the minds of dozens of millions of Poles:

soo0hz.jpg

But the question now is more troublesome: Will Krakow succeed at what Napoleon has failed? Russia will be a bloody long war, perhaps far more difficult than the wars already fought because of how far Krakow will have to go to convince them to give back what is legitimately Krakowian, and more. The liberation of Ukraine, Ruthenia, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania and Finland must also ensue, in the coming times, so that Poland will never again be threatened, and so that, a confederation even stronger and greater than the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth may be created.

Cassidy

Arcane
Hellraiser said:
You have a higher military rating than Russia so my guess is Russia won't be as much of a challenge as one might expect. As long as they don't have gas attack capability that is.

Military ratings can be incredibly deceptive in Victoria 2. Also I was waiting for more comments but it seems every LP of mine has a very uneven ratio of comments per view.

But first, well, guess what the title of this update means:

==========================================

china_macao_casino_lisboa.jpg

Cod, Potatoes and Rice

rMFqC.jpg

In Mandingou, there are more white people than black, and thus Krakow can also bring incline to Africa! Thanks to this fact, the region of Congo becomes civilized enough to be transformed into a state with full citizenship rights, and right after, industries start to be built. The industrialization thus begins to touch that continent from its Krakowian territories.

hjBEx.jpg

Other candidates to no longer be treated as colonies but instead as states include Brunei, where a very large amount of brave Poles have immigrated to start a new life, who will be incentived to become bureaucrats to help the conversion of Brunei into a state, and where many of the locals have gradually embraced the Potato culture, which spreads over near all continents of Earth!

lJYbn.jpg

Problems arise due to the fact centuries of cultural subjugation have turned the weaker into assimilated Germans, but with a little push, all shall return to the roots of Potato. Unfortunately there is a fifth column of German nationalists that will continue to be a nuisance no matter how many political freedoms and civil rights are granted, while the Krakowian army positions itself for the coming liberation of Warsaw.

wOHFX.jpg

Several brigades in the Middle East get to the Persian Gulf, in waiting for ships to transport them to the Russian colony of Persia as soon as the war begins, opening a second front.

PakZz.jpg

The Poles are gaining a safe ground from where to grant themselves sovereignty for all times to come, once the liberation of Poland is finished.

mTnuf.jpg

Although many Catholics schew it, Darwinism may be a powerful tool to bring down Islam, help increasing the levels of education by promoting a secularized education, while reducing militancy by not imposing religion within the curricula of schools any more. Which is good, for less illiterates mean less consoletards in the future generations.

:incline:

8SCs6.jpg

The future is bright while the preparations for what will hopefully be the final war are made.

55F5u.jpg

lenin-october-revolution.jpg

Facing severe persecution in Russia and Prussia, most commies fled to the more democratic and permissive Krakow thinking they could stampede over liberty with their dictatorship of the "proletariat", and that "bourgeois democracies" were more vulnerable to the revolution. They would learn how wrong they were, and not live to try again. Dangerous ideologies were gathering followers who thought violent revolution or terrorism was the only means of achieving their goals even with all political freedoms granted in Krakow. Hopefully the red menace would fade away in time.

U69yl.jpg

Of course, it is a worthy demonstration of the refinement and glory of Krakow.
:obviously:

C37pI.jpg

Thus Krakow earns much prestige, as everything from the most distant lands can be seen in this grand fair, attracting many businessmen and tourists.

h8LyB.jpg

big-business.jpg

Just because they are rich they don't have the right to oppress the liberties of association of the poor! That has always been the policy of Krakow on such matters, and even in spite of that, a commie rebellion happened recently and was suppressed by lethal force only.

qm3EB.jpg

The Portuguese arrested a Pole inside the state of Congo accusing him of espionage, and thus breaching the sovereignty of Krakow! Of course, this won't be forgotten, because if it was it would open a dangerous precedent! Thus, although this will delay the greater plans of liberation Warsaw, it is time to make good use of this incident to gain a foothold in Asia without being scorned by the rest of the world.

VJeI1.jpg

Socialism grows more and more popular among the poor people, but because people vote based on issues rather than ideology, and that most want a government that will ensue the liberation of Poland, and therefore, a Jingoistic government, the conservative parties still are winning elections under their promise of freeing all Poles from their foreign oppressors.

LPG43.jpg

Macao will be the objective of this war. Although Portugal is a relatively weak state, and a more ambitious goal could be viable, this war is not really the focus of Krakow, if it lasts too much Austria may end trying something in a few years, and on top of that, Macao is an industrialized state surrounded by a country plagued by unemployment as its population far outnumbers the capacity of its RGOs and may thus trigger immigrants to work in the factories and turn it into a powerhouse, which means it will be a much better acquisition even if technically its warscore requirement is smaller. Before this however, there is already a Krakowian fleet right next to Lisbon, filled with soldiers.

lBo0h.jpg

A rapid takeover of their capital will easily convince them of handing over Macao, while the transport fleet is to retreat as quickly as possible. However, the Portuguese force defending Lisbon outnumber the attackers. This becomes a quite tough battle, but it may very well be the deciding battle in this entire war.

dkLlr.jpg

Even against numerically superior defenders, the mighty Krakowian Army prevails!

Thus they begin to pursue the retreating Portuguese troops.

mPL8R.jpg

In spite of losing Lisbon, this time everything seems to favor the defenders.

Ok0jd.jpg

But superior elan ensues that even outnumbered, and having to cross a river, the attackers still prevail. At this rate it is only a matter of time for Macao to be taken!

U4m6D.jpg

In fact, Krakow can be considered now the most technologically advanced nation of the world, except for having no naval research, as that wouldn't help with the liberation of Poland in any way.

ARnGt.jpg

350px-The_anarchocapitalism.JPG

Randroids, lolbertarians and mises.org copypasters with much more balls than the 21st century equivalents of those raise in arms with one goal: smash the state and transform Krakow into an anarchist society, or maybe into...

A bourgeois dictatorship of evil megacorporations.

NNS6J.jpg

But lolbertarians won't interfere with this coming victory now!

Tm1kE.jpg

An oil rush begins in Galicia. Many immigrants come because of the opportunity it presents.

OFxgj.jpg

And another attempt of disrupting the front lines by the Portuguese is defeated. It is now only a matter of time before they cede Macao, and then the real deal: the liberation of Warsaw, shall begin!

Fafnir

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Are you using the beta patch for 1.3 or are you one of the lucky ones that don't suffer from the Population decrease?

Also deliver us more : x

Cassidy

Arcane
Fafnir said:
Are you using the beta patch for 1.3 or are you one of the lucky ones that don't suffer from the Population decrease?

I dunno, but population has been increasing on overall. And the excessive immigration chance bonuses to America can be changed with Notepad, but I didn't bother with that. In this update, the real deal will begin: the war with Russia.

==================================

Command_of_Polish_Regiment_during_Polish-Soviet_war_1920.png

The Great Patriotic War begins: Operation Barbarossa with Potato

Song

YcFlZ.jpg

Although many died in this war, victory will be certain now, and slowly every Portuguese land falls.

tgWf3.jpg

With them suffering the greatest casualties.

Also, North Germans feeling oppressed? Revenge is a dish best served cold, bitches! If they dislike it, nobody is stopping them from getting the fuck out of Poland.

lcZVK.jpg

Now Oporto becomes the last stand of the Portuguese Army. A final victory, which makes everything now a matter of how long the occupations will take. This was a great campaign, and soon Macao will belong to Poland!

cFL78.jpg

pyramid_of_capitalist_system.png

Perhaps there is a reason, after all, for the rise of communism. It doesn't matter that people can vote on whoever they want when many live in absolute misery and horrible work conditions, with no right to retirement or healthcare as they can't afford either, but the reactionary upper house of Krakow is totally averted to any kind of social reforms.

And besides, that could have been a hot young girl, what a tragic loss!

:(

Aghfm.jpg

Although defeated, the Portuguese put up quite a fight over Africa.

qINLH.jpg

Kwanzanians may be Kwa', but why lose prestige and waste lives in a war across another continent because of that? Thus, Krakow just give ups arguing with Ambassador kingcomrade in wake of severall Hurr durrs and herp derps.

Qtyu3.jpg

socialism.jpg

But while the struggle continues for glory and freedom, socialism and communism grow increasingly popular across Krakow and its colonies.

FDk6s.jpg

Now it will be possible to concentrate on the war that matters! The liberation of Warsaw!

q1l02.jpg

Simply to prevent remaining independent African countries of being swallowed by other Great Powers, Krakow adds them to their Sphere of Influence, while all troops depart from Portugal and head back to Krakowian territories in the border with Russia.

dgZi0.jpg

Migration and adaptation of people with Polish ancestors to their old culture ensues that Konigsberg is considered a legitimate territory of Krakow. No mistake of leaving a "Polish corridor" will be done now.

lR6DW.jpg

Because it is needed to build the Suez channel, and because steamer transports are much faster, research in naval matters begin, even because there is nothing else, for now, that is worth researching. Also, speaking about matters in Africa and the Middle East...

RRyVV.jpg

Proper_hands.jpg

h0tzH.jpg

Now, everything is ready, as the month of September of 1897 starts, in a somewhat ironic coincidence. Poland will return one way or another.

YRRjR.jpg

The goals is to catch the Russians by surprise in a rapid advance of Krakowian forces, while their mobilized legions are still disorganized, thus begins the first battle of this war, the major Battle of Suwalki, where superiorly trained Krakowian troops will most likely ensue victory.

vTKIn.jpg

In the end, a very favorable casualty ratio, and as always, most of Krakowian forces are sent to attack while only a minority stays to begin the occupation of Suwalki.

Jn1Mr.jpg

sl74p5.jpg

Warsaw is taken! This is a great victory for the future Republic of Poland!

r5JcJ.jpg

This is like that thing... nevermind, it is possibly no big deal.

Cthulhu_and_R%27lyeh.jpg

Unless the Shadow of the Comet may have been stopped somewhere else, preventing untold horrors from awakening on Earth, while on surface people have other things they know about rather than what they don't even know that they don't know to worry about.

And maybe, this comet may be the mark of a new age in History, where many events shall come and change forever the world.

KkBke.jpg

Moves are made to encircle the Russian forces at Radom, which is expected to be the best way of taking advantage of the superior quality and training of Krakowian forces against what probably will be a legion of Russian cannon fodder coming soon.

EnN0O.jpg

The Russian Empire has no balls. The war just started and they are already desperate for peace! They will either give up what they took from Poland or there will be no peace! And depending on how well the war turns out, the liberation of Estonia, White Ruthenia, Ukraine, Latvia and Finland will also be demanded for the creation of a new Commonwealth that will be even greater than the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth!

y0VXc.jpg

Great victories earn much prestige for Krakow, as the Russians cope up with massive casualties and are utterly disorganized at the beginning of the conflict, losing lots of ground and being encircled and pocketed along the way.

Does this look familiar?

Siege of Korosten

QJFdT.jpg

illpgn.jpg

At the marshes of Korosten, a massed but disorganized Russian horde tries to defend it. However, instead of defeating, in spite of being far outnumbered, the brave Poles carry on with the offensive in a careful pace, with heavy artillery support. It slowly turns into a bloody stalemate, while an equal battle is happening down south, but soon reinforcements will come to help them against such legions.

JUHev.jpg

b46950d8-4f71-4e78-9627-fda74887dd76.jpg

Almost half a million of Russian soldiers now are trying to hold Korostein, while the reinforcements came to the attack, it becomes quickly a bloodbath, a hell on Earth, and the greatest battle ever fought over Russia, of all history. This will be, like the Battle of Stalingrad in the future of another timeline, a decisive and extremely bloody battle that may last months, if not years in a Hell of trenches.

f3xde.jpg

Polish_soldiers_in_Vilnius_1920.png

Other two great battles were decided in favor of Krakow, even against numerically superior legions. Of these, none was more legendary than the Battle of Pinsk, where about 36,000 Polish soldiers successfully held a horde 112,575 Russians, and took down 10 Russians for every Pole who gave his life for the freedom of Poland in this battle. This crushing victory however will be superceded should Korosten be a successful battle, no matter how much sacrifice those marshes, that will soon resemble Passchendaele, will require.

OHFXK.jpg

As the harsh Winter reaches Russian, blood spills everywhere, while yet another great victory happens for the Poles. The Russians were caught unprepared, but now, they mass everything in great legions, and although this war has been an astounding success for Krakow so far, with forces that may yet stand at the gates of St. Petersburg and Kiev, will they manage to keep up with the growing Russian masses being thrown at them?

The Great Patriotic War of Polish Independence has begun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom