Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play Zafehouse Diaries!

• Thread starter Multi-headed Cow
  • Start date

Lindblum

Augur
7JRQD.jpg

Explore and scavenge the west building/ shop.

What do those symbols mean?

Anabanana

Augur
I think we should scavenge the police station to the south first. It's slightly closer, but most importantly, we'll probably get more guns and weapons, which will make scavenging other locations easier and safer.

Those symbols represent what kind of building it is. Read the first post or the game manual for details.

Ashery

Prophet
We finished searching; That's an old picture.

After playing the demo yesterday, you really need to be a bit mobile in this game.

Current thoughts:

Send two (Alicia + Laclo) to the school with the stereo and leave it there for quick distractions. Give'em the gun as well, but we're a bit short on equipment to give'em much more than that. Once they're done there, they should head out and rendezvous with the rest of the group at the police station.
The others should head to the police station to search it.

Oh, and be sure to search the school for an hour or so in case there's a rescue clue.

tindrli

Arcane
Bros , i dnot know if police station is the right choice..in my game 4 of us are in the middle of breaching the god damn station and result for a fir couple of hours
98F5Q.jpg

and i cant do anything exept hit the clock again..think again... maybe scavenge a little bit more .. find some good weapons and then hit the station.

as i suspected.. two bros down..

Anabanana

Augur
Since all these places are close to our safehouse, why not send people to investigate all three and have them report back before deciding on a strategy? Also, we should have Banana or Ashery use the binoculars to scout out these locations before heading out.

I like the distraction idea, but I'm not sure the school is the best place to do it... Or rather, I do think it's a good place, but the manual leads me to believe that there will be waves and waves of carnivorous schoolchildren running about the place. If we can leave the stereo outside the school without going inside, I'm all for it.

In any case, having groups investigate the shop, police station, and school to report back on zombie numbers should be the first priority in the morning.

Ashery

Prophet
I like the distraction idea, but I'm not sure the school is the best place to do it... Or rather, I do think it's a good place, but the manual leads me to believe that there will be waves and waves of carnivorous schoolchildren running about the place. If we can leave the stereo outside the school without going inside, I'm all for it.

Ah, I was not aware of the fact that schools had a higher concentration than the "baseline."

I may have played the demo, but it's short (48 hours), you lack a bunch of options, and you're restricted to three people, so you don't really get to see much.

Multi-headed Cow

Time for zambie!
Not sure if disposing of corpses involves leaving the house. I kiiinda think not, but since we've only got 1 corpse inside I wouldn't wanna risk it for that. And as requested, here's the current relationship list:

c8hpt.jpg

Grampybone is mostly getting along with everyone, and Alicia HATES THE WORLD.
Going to start a rumor now since it isn't the next day yet. I would do one to try to bring up Alicia's reputation since she's the worst off at the moment, but the rumors only work on specific groups or a specific person.
Since the negativity on Alicia is coming from Lightbane, Ashery, and Laclo, and Alicia is negative toward Banana, the most efficient rumor would raise reputation with the three men. Problem being they're varied ages and backgrounds. For example, Lightbane and Laclo might qualify for young, but have different backgrounds. Ashery and Laclo have the same wealthy background but differing ages.
After staring at the rumor system a while I can't come up with any rumors that would impact more than a single survivor, and might have a chance of pissing off someone else. Except... Except an activism rumor.
ALICIA WASHINGTON WAS THE LEADER OF THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR CONCERNED ATHELETES, SURGEONS, AND CARPENTERS. What, you haven't heard of the NACASC? Well it was a thing.

Nufwf.jpg

With the rumor set, time for orders. Looking over the posts it sounds like bunkering down for the night is still the overall favorite, so here we go. And on a somewhat related note, neat. Banana was sleeping when I saved the game last night, but reloading wipes all previous orders given and Banana's awake now. Cheap no-sleep bug I guess?
Laclo is idle at the moment, not sure if Banana will suddenly switch to rest after the first turn or not so I'm keeping him ready to jump to guard duty (Banana's better at it anyway, 5 stars VS Laclo's 2). Lightbane is modifying an item focusing on any capability, and Ashery and Alicia are barricading slowly and quietly.

iiwJD.jpg

Laclo and Banana are both sleeping. I pull Lightbane off of upgrading spoons (!?) and put him on guard duty.

tw77q.jpg

ho58G.jpg

Bruised banana! BRUISED BANANA! Also, it's daytime! What's the plan now Codex? Same thing you already discussed or change of plans due to the night's events?

The house's security rating is now 8 unsecured, 1 secured, 0 fortified, and 7/10 traps (Apparently they don't always break after use) and 5 furniture units left. The house is looking a bit spent.
If I could offer a suggestion, I'm fairly certain we couldn't take ALL our crap with us if we move, but it might not be a bad idea to try starting a bonfire at this house and making a run for a new building and start fortifying quietly to try to secure it without attracting zombies. Good idea? I have no idea, but the starting house is looking less viable.

Final heads up, the damn game crashed while saving again. I feel a corrupt save closing in on us, ITZ COMING.
Not this time though. I checked and it looks like it's still alive.

abfkA.jpg

abfkA.jpg

abfkA.jpg

abfkA.jpg

abfkA.jpg

Morkar Left

Damn. Definitely not save anymore. 2 people left spotting zombies, rest scouting out the police station. If the police station looks manageable get into it. Otherwise to the store on the left, than the factory to the large house. Depending how many zombies are at the hospital we could try our luck there. Otherwise to the bank which should be the safest building.

Can you give us an overview where the visible zombies are at the moment Multi-headed Cow?

Multi-headed Cow

Can you give us an overview where the visible zombies are at the moment Multi-headed Cow?
Yup.

VyEt7.jpg

Moved all the survivor tokens away from the building so we could see it easier. I have no idea if the direction the zombies are on the map has any impact on where we should head or not, but the police station probably WOULD be relatively ok with only two zombies on that corner.

Multi-headed Cow

whats your version of the game mr. multi??
1.1.3 or whatever the latest is. Supposedly that was a stability patch but the game doesn't seem to like my computermachine much anyway.

Anabanana

Augur

I'm so glad I chose that username. ;)

If I could offer a suggestion, I'm fairly certain we couldn't take ALL our crap with us if we move, but it might not be a bad idea to try starting a bonfire at this house and making a run for a new building and start fortifying quietly to try to secure it without attracting zombies.

Good idea. Whatever we do, we should make sure to take SUPER!spoon with us; Lightbane spent so much effort in upgrading it after all :troll:

(No seriously, we'll need it to make a Feast, which we should probably do sometime soon because of all the infighting.)

Damn. Definitely not save anymore. 2 people left spotting zombies, rest scouting out the police station. If the police station looks manageable get into it. Otherwise to the store on the left, than the factory to the large house. Depending how many zombies are at the hospital we could try our luck there. Otherwise to the bank which should be the safest building.

Makes sense.

If Banana can treat her own wounds, leave her there at the house to do so. Leave Lac there with her to spot zombies. Give him the binoculars to help him do his job. If Banana finishes treating her wounds before the others get back, have her start on modifying items, hopefully NOT a spoon this time. There are still 7 traps left; they should be fine for a while.

Ashery, Alicia, and Lightbane, with their newly-improved relations, should go investigate the police place and report back. If it's manageable, have the same group breach the place. If it's absolutely teeming with zombies, go check out the shop. Breach that if it's manageable.

Whichever house we breach in the end, put Ashery on watch while Lightbane searches the place. Alicia should make her way back to the origin and start a bonfire with Lac helping while Banana watches for zombies. After that, they should all make a run for the new place.

We can worry about the factory and the house next to it after we reach the shop. I actually think we should let the survivors rest for a while after the move - the only person who got any sleep yesterday was Banana. Don't want people to start passing out in the middle of a raid.

Here are my equipment suggestions:
Give Alicia the handgun and the frying pan as a backup melee weapon. Ashery, being the carpenter, should wield a hammer, with a crowbar as backup. Lightbane should have the baseball bat, and let's give him his magical wooden spoon as a backup weapon.

tindrli

Arcane
yep.. thats the last one.. im playing the same one for more than a day and i didnt have any crashes ..

Multi-headed Cow

(Probably) final update for the evening coming. Will we survive?
Going with Anabanana's plan here. Everything will work out! Banana's treating herself, Laclo's on zombiewatch, and Ashery, Lightbane, and Alicia are investigating the police station with assorted weaponry.

BCmhc.jpg

Well that was an eventful hour. Also, 14 zombies inside? Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and say the police station is unsuitable for a new base. Time to check the shop, same loadout as the previous hour, different destination.

8jvQR.jpg

RIP Banana. That was alarmingly sudden. One zombie outside and one inside though? I think it's time to pack up and move. Unfortunately at the time the game gives me control again (8AM) the search team hasn't returned. Laclo will have to survive until everyone gets back. Since I'm going to try hauling all of us to the store now I'll have Laclo get to work on starting a bonfire at the house. Hopefully starting it now won't start actually pulling zombies towards the house until next turn, when we (Hopefully) should be leaving.
Well, that was the plan. Once I started to give him the order I saw bonfire was off the list. We used up too much furniture for it apparently. Stereo then!

onzb6.jpg

ZA18H.jpg

Laclo is having brain problems and can't get a stereo to play for a few hours. To top it off, Lightbane decides it's time for a nap. This isn't the quick retreat from the house I envisioned!
I put Ashery on watch. Hopefully Lightbane will wake up so we can get the hell out of here soon.

22qwL.jpg

Lightbane's finally up! Let's get the hell out of here now!
Here's the breach order and what I'm taking with us, and here are the results!

YDRqG.jpg

LFUA7.jpg

gXEoC.jpg

Half a dozen!? Large mob!? RECON TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAM!

Things are getting tense, Codex. The death of Banana was bad enough, but now the rest of our team seem to be in a bit of a pickle here. We could try searching/clearing the rest of the store, or make a blind run to a new building and hope for the best, or whatever else you bros want to suggest.

Anabanana

Augur
WHY IS IT THAT THE GAY ONES ALWAYS DIE FIRST?!

Ah well. Banana was bruised anyway.

I think that once you start breaching a location, you can't stop until you've cleared the whole place out. Judging from the demo, at least. And anyway, this place just has 6 entrances to guard AND a cache of weapons! It'll be awesome. Since there's a huge mob gathering outside already, let's just go in with all guns firing. Clear out the zombies and get Alicia and Ashery barricading quickly and loudly until the place is secured, Lightbane making traps, and Lac on watch. Once the barricades are done, switch Ashery over to zombie watch, have Alicia start cleaning up corpses, while Lac and Lightbane can start searching the place. Once we get enough food ingredients, Lac should start cooking while Lightbane continues to search. If anybody gets injured, pull Lightbane off whatever he's doing to treat them.

Morkar Left

Bananas down. It's getting worse...

I have a feeling we won't get a rest there either. Storm the place, take what we can get and move on to the factory on the left approaching the bank. We need a safe spot as fast as possible to get some rest and time to gather clues...

A Jagged Alliance team would own this place.

Anabanana

Augur
Hmm, yes. That might be smarter. Clean up the place. Have everybody search while Ashery watches. Then, as soon as the first hour is up, breach the factory.

I'm just worried that moving won't even be possible with the large mob of zombies surrounding the place.

Morkar Left

Let's hope the ghettoblaster brings some distraction.

tindrli

Arcane
Tidrli reporting for duty

Male
Poor
High school
Straight
Mechanic
Resilient
age 35

Does anyone of you bros knows is it possible to play this on windowed mode?

lightbane

Arcane
Give Alicia the handgun and the frying pan as a backup melee weapon. Ashery, being the carpenter, should wield a hammer, with a crowbar as backup. Lightbane should have the baseball bat, and let's give him his magical wooden spoon as a backup weapon.

Hey, don't diss the Improved Spoon of Eating +1. Considering I'm able to kill several zombies with a kettle, you don't want to know what I can do with a spoon :M

Lindblum

Augur
It kind of makes sense to have lots of zombies around I mean come on you're next door to your previous house.

Scout the building with the gears, and scavenge the store.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You could just have made much less of a ruckus and had fewer zambies. :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom