Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Lets Play the latest Jagged Alliance 2 1.13

LP it with HAM 5.0 Alpha at the risk of game-crashing bugs?

• Yes, better enemy AI and tougher to-hit chance spread patterns, come on!

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Wait until HAM 5.0 is fully released to start this LP

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • No, I want a finished JA2 LP and I want it now.

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • kingpincomrade

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Is slinky-mode on? Cuz I forgot.

The_scorpion

Liturgist
cool update. As for the "awesome" button, did it help much? For me, whenever i tried to use the tear gas on the Tixa garrison, it was kinda meh. If there's many enemies, usually most of them will long be up on their feet again until we reach them. How long lasts the tear gas, as few turns? So that "genius trap them with their own traps" thing in Tixa, i prefer not to activate the gas at all because that speeds things up.

as for NCTH, i tried that once because i didn't initally spot the new button to switch it off. I had read the design discussions and had anticpated from these discussions that it couldn't possibly work out well out of the box. Some modders are trying to balance it, though, hope they succeed. My own approach was to use OCTH in much mire varied ways than what is the default, and i have to say, there's tons of interesting options under OCTH to reduce the headshot-game issues commonly attributed to OCTH.

I often suspect HAM to be a premier bug-spawning pot, too, and some of the AI fuck-ups are clearly because of HAM, but i think some changes are simply a reaction towards other features in an attempt to balance things out, so shit AI is probably often a feature rather than a bug :/
What i saw way too often recently is the AI completely forfaiting their chance at firing at my mercs. raise their gun... and then do nothing, even if the had all the AP's needed for at least one shot. Sometimes, another enemy would rush at my merc who had been spotted and my merc gets an interrupt, killing both guys, the rusher and the undecided guy. Also, shooting to rarely, looking for cover even in the shortest distance, even with hit with a grenade... i mean yeah, AI, you're really smart to cover behind that impenetrable tree 10 tiles away from my mercs, but guess what, i have grenades and i'll kick you out of that cover. So what does he do in his turn? get back up and, yes, behind the same tree once more. Rinse repeat. Also, last guy crictially wounded and fleeing the battlefield has become annoying lately. Might be realistic, but it's not really offering much gameplaywise.

andrzej

These two are private mod projects for now, though an early version of the "custom source code" based mod was published at some point. If you don't mind playing with a weird russian-badenglish exe, i can give them links :D
it's basicly my old RR mod based on the russian ja2005 mod. I mentioned that mod because the AI is almost the complete opposite of the 1.13 AI, it fires extremely aggressivly, aims its long autofire bursts and only rarely leaves its defensive positions. So it has flaws of its own, especially the massive autofire bursts are a little annoying (it's always the last bullet in a volley that hits, always...) So basicly, i have two "opposing" AI issues, 1.13's sheep-herd-AI versus Ja2005's machinegun-campers. A mixture of the two would be what i'd probably like to see in Ja2 :(

The_scorpion

Liturgist
i just noticed the public version used to be on megaupload :(

so i'll go fetch the links for the private version and send you a PM.

Is there a way to edit a trait in the game (i.e. Hand to Hand) so that it more off more bonuses?

I want to play the game with 1 overpowered character who excels at everything.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Nice :D
Tapeta_ja3d_10.jpg

Cassidy

Arcane
Damn OP is lazier than bethesda developers.

If you want to pay me a regular welfare check so I can dedicate most of my time fully to LPing without worrying myself with RL matters go right ahead. I'll e-mail details. Won't accept less than $ 2,500 per month.

:M

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

Cassidy

Arcane
sup prosper

I'll get this back on track in 2 or 3 weeks

*edit: to mods, leave that prosper post above plz I want my thread bumped

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Your new avatar is kinda unsettling CB. Those eyes seem to be following me from the monitor whenever I move about the room.

Cassidy

Arcane
a_045marines.jpg

Dark Corners of Arulco

Unit 731

5oSPM.jpg

They move slowly and quietly down to the dungeons of Tixa to face whatever foes and horrors await. Cautiously the Kodex Kool Krew take positions in a corner in preparation for fighting the remnants of the Deidranna thugs.

utW7a.jpg

It doesn't take much time for them to show up, probably startled by the noise. Once they came, everybody was ready to take them down swiftly, starting with Black.

nnCiA.jpg

Who continues taking down more of them as they foolishly come out instead of biding their time.

dixIq.jpg

kOceG.jpg

Orgasm on the other hand takes care of that other side.

Eventually, they stop coming, and thus carefully black crawls behind some tables to take a look the the corridor to the west.

7cU3J.jpg

He pulls it off perfectly, and another one goes down.

pfxGw.jpg

The HEZI SM-1 is truly a worthy successor of the M1 Garand. Advancing cautiously and being patient, the Kodex Kool Krew manages to avoid the worst and to neutralize most of the enemy forces in this dungeon, probably a hall of horrors and terrible atrocities still to be seen.

The corridor to the west is way too exposed, and thus they decide to advance through the room to the southeast.

7HIWu.jpg

Upon opening the door a fetid rot fills the air, as they witnesses immediately the marks of the unspeakable atrocities done in this place: two slabs drenched in blood of countless victims. From the amount of blood it can be imagined the kind of crimes against mankind that happened here. Definitively vivisections, mutilations and all kinds of brutality committed without any kind of painkillers given to their victims. If the surface of Tixa already hinted of horror, it was only the tip of the iceberg after all.

Zxa3F.jpg

Further west the nightmare becomes augmented. Shackles have mutilated stumps still hanging to them, everything is painted in blood: the walls, the floor, even the ceiling. Stretchers used for torture are lined up all around and filled with the red liquid. Cries, mutters and moans echo from the cells of the victims of this infernal place.

If the amount of torture devices is a sign of how many lives this horrible place has claimed, the crimes comitted in Arulco are truly enough to make viable comparisons with the holocaust and Nazis.

And on the end of the corridor the most horrid sight: a mutilated corpse of a woman laying naked on a table. Probably raped by some filthy savages under Deirdranna service, and below it a staircase leading down to a place of absolute darkness from where and even greater putrescence exhales. Even EXTREME Nails shivers when looking down, after all he is Claustrophobic, and Ulminati is also frightened, but not enough to refuse checking what lies there, for whatever it is, it must be dealt it for once and all.

But first, it is time to finish slaughtering the torturers. However to get in the room on the west end of the northern corridor, they would expose themselves. As proved by their first attack on Alma, most times the EXTREME SHEPARD method of opening a new door by blowing the shit out of a wall is the best tactic. And thus everybody gets in position as Nails plants a Dynamite next to the wall.

ocxtj.jpg

It didn't open a way through the wall to get on the room to the other side, as obviously the walls here are way too reinforced, but it opened enough of a hole for the head of another redshirt to show up. There must be only a few left by now.

3cRvM.jpg

And thus, having no other alternative, they slowly and cautiously advance to the final room. Unfortunately their caution is insufficient as the last goon surprises them and tosses a stun grenade at the team.

NKAPB.jpg

Fortunately the stun grenade didn't harm Azira, who then finished off this foe.

TwHkf.jpg

And thus, although exhausted, they finally managed to clear this corridor. Part of the team wanted to leave at that and seal that fetid hole going further down, but the minority of claustrophobics didn't make up the mind of the majority, and after Azira patched their minor wounds, they decided to look if the victims of this place had anything useful to say.

Another appropriate song

XxFCF.jpg

First Azira went to a men who was all cuddled in fear and shivering, who barely could talk. Untold terrors left a mark in his mind and he retreated when Azira arrived, oblivious to the fact he was facing his liberator rather than torturer.

k0dwc.jpg

Along his insane rambling and mostly nonsense, he begged to be killed first than to be eaten by "monsters" in this place... and there is only one place where monsters could exist, although hopefully he is just a person turned mad by countless abuses who is having delusions about torturers, who are no different from any monster, in truth.

enpFA.jpg

The other person who stood out along the victims was a boy, he looked out of place in this hellhole, and somehow, regardless of his wealth, he ended in this nightmare anyway.

ZkiCb.jpg

He was clearly glad to have witnessed his salvation, unlike the babbling madman on that other cell.

ZO33O.jpg

Hey Trash! This is not Amsterdam!

JZvBs.jpg

What kind of parents would do such a thing to their own child? Truly Deirdranna holds the worst dregs of humanity to her side. The most cruel and petty indeed.

Furthermore, he agrees to support the effort in exchange for a very cheap pay. Although he is cheap too: actually useless, except he knows someone in Estoni and could set up a deal for selling fuel to the Kodex Kool Krew, which might mean Estoni could become a second helicopter base after Drassen, much closer to the final goal of this conflict.

And thus, after the boy gets some gear from the dead foes and joins Dynamo upstairs, the Kodex Kool Krew takes one last gaze into the abyss before descending there, with their weapons ready for maybe the madman isn't really mad.

6dnnF.jpg

The stench is unbearable, and more worrissome, human bones are scattered in several places in these dark caves. It is obvious there is something wicked here, and although some prefer to think it's just some twisted cannibals, that isn't very likely. Cautiously, they position themselves near a tight passage, and weapons ready they wait, hearing many horrifying noises from the darkness.

0DlXk.jpg

Is this some kind of sick joke?

0bcS8.jpg

Unfortunately not, as Black finds out some horrifying monsters indeed down there, and they managed to take down the first of them, but those horrors are far from over.

AxkAc.jpg

Bee gazed at the horror, and the horror gazed back. But first her sniper was carefully aimed at the thing. A horrific, slimy monstrosity that seemed to have spawned from the deepest pits.

The creatured not even flinched as the sniper rifle shot at it. Venomous blobs of acid were spat by the monsters at the team, and they continued firing.

kdKGt.jpg

It was an experience they wouldn't forget so soon, but now, the entire city of Alma is at risk! More of these horrors lie in the depths of the mine of Alma, and the Kodex Kool Krew is wounded, yet they have no time to rest and recover. They must immediately head for the SAM site right to the North of Tixa, secure it so that Skyrider can arrive, and then bring them to Alma, to face a much greater quantity of these terrors.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom