Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play System Shock 2 (impossible / video)

potatojohn

Arcane
With ss2tool 5.1

difficulty: impossible

character: marine, +1 energy weapons +1 cybernetic affinity, +2 endurance, +1 maintenance

mods: high-res space skybox

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I don't know where people find the time to watch through 30+ minutes of video of someone else playing a game? I'm impressed, but also inclined to guess that those people don't have children to tend to. ;)

In other words, as interested as I might be, I cannot follow this LP.
Godspeed nonetheless. :salute:

baturinsky

Arcane
Energy build is probably easiest way to play on Insanity. First floor or two are difficult, because your supply of repair tools are very small, but then it's smooth sailing.

BBMorti

Arcane
Out of curiosity, what program do you use to capture and record an old game like this, with? The quality is great.

BBMorti

Arcane
I have always wanted to play on impossible but cyber module costs just plain fucking scare me. :(

Also, potatojohn , you seem to be passing by a lot of stuff and shooting a damn lot in this game, especially for impossible playthrough.
o_O
I thought codex'ers always played games on their highest difficulty, tsk : x

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Nah, he's exploring quite a lot, basically just skipped the tunnel with the security crate he can't open anyway. Might be some kind of weapon down there too, I don't remember too well, but it's nothing critical. Oh, and there's a mighty unpleasant enemy as well, but we will be seeing a lot of those in Hydroponics anyway.

Lindblum

Augur
Wow nice after watching a certain SA LP of this game I now appreciate how much this game is trying to murder you on impossible.

DarthBehemoth

Learned
Having recently bought SS2 on GOG and completed it, it is always nice to see other people taking different approaches to certain situations. :greatjob: A good LP so far, will definitely follow!

DraQ

Arcane
Why are you shooting all the eggs from afar?
They sometimes have useful organs inside and don't pose much risk (poisonous ones can be nasty IF they hit you but the ones with worms aren't the kind of problem wrench can't solve.

Also, are you going to use PSI? Because if not, there is booze.

potatojohn

Arcane
Organs are super rare on impossible. I'm on ops and I've gotten a single hybrid organ, and nothing else, and even that one might have been a scripted drop because it was right at the beginning I think.

I will probably get electron cascade at some point, and maybe photonic redirection toward the end.

DraQ

Arcane
Organs are super rare on impossible. I'm on ops and I've gotten a single hybrid organ, and nothing else, and even that one might have been a scripted drop because it was right at the beginning I think.

I will probably get electron cascade at some point, and maybe photonic redirection toward the end.
Organs are super rare, but I would guess both organs and durability are quite precious on impossible.

You missed at least some nanites and a bit of submerged stuff, FYI.
I think the vent of getting stuck isn't actually bugged, but I don't remember the exact loot.

OTOH I don't think I've ever figured out how to get on pipes, because it was always too dark for me to see the ladder.
:hearnoevil:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom