Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Myth 2: Soulblighter

The Baron

Tuesday September 2, The Keep

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

... I fucking hate this mission. Myth 2 tries to be puzzle game here. Bungie tried to do some new things with Myth and they included this mission in which you have to hunt down Baron before he escapes through secret exit. Soulblighter have 4 missions that are "timed" one way or another. Three of those are great but this one sucks. True story.

4.jpg

For some reason, Ovg is not with us. He is not dead though, he should be back in next mission and if not, we will make him back.

5.jpg

Bowmen Cappen joined us and he already killed two people while he was being instructed by Mrowak. Truly a talented individual.

6.jpg

I decided to split our force in two. First group have two dorfs (Tindrli and Roxorowski) two Bowmen (Sergiu64 and Cappen) and our Codexer warriors (Imperator, Hoodo and Joka). Second one have only one dwarf so I decided to give them more warriors and Mrowak will help them dealing with range units. And they have Ivoldi so they should be fine even if they stumble upon Stygian knights.

7.jpg

Secret exits are somwhere in southern part of the castle, we don't know where exactly yet so we will have to clear southern rooms and take a closer look.

8.jpg

Our second group was getting ready to enter one of the rooms when they stumbled upon enemy patrol. They have Mrowak and Ivoldi so they should be fine.

9.jpg

10.jpg

1.jpg

Now we have to clear this room on the right. Then first army will have to do the same with the room on the left and then we have to proceed north trying to corner baron.

2.jpg

Enemy have bowmen so we have to use our luremaster to get them into a trap.

3.jpg

Hai, we are looking for a Baron, middle aged guy...

4.jpg

Mrowak can't do much here so everything is in hands of Ivoldi.

5.jpg

6.jpg

Now, throw bomb at stygian knights!

7.jpg

That was a fucking lucky throw.

8.jpg

Only one died but other two are almost destroyed so our warriors will be able to deal with them.

9.jpg

Now we have to swarm enemy bowmen and do exactly same thing with first group.

10.jpg

... What the fuck.

11.jpg

That's a fucking baron! GET HIM!

12.jpg

Goddamit, stygian knights killed our pursing warriors and baron managed to get away. Now Ivoldi have to do something about stygian knights before they kill all of us.

13.jpg

Baron is back...

14.jpg

Mrowak, SHOOT HIM!

15.jpg

Arrows are not doing anything against him and more enemies just arrived.

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

Our hero!

19.jpg

... And they didn't kill Ivoldi.

20.jpg

Well, that was fucking random.

i wonder, why i cant kill anything??

You mean in this LP? man, you have 21 kills which makes you third after Ivoldi and Mrowak who killed most shit in this campaign.

i understand but compared to my Bro Dwarf im useless

and im dead....am i dead??

To be honest everybody is useless compared to Ivoldi. He just farmed to much kills during first mission. And no, you are not dead.

When can the Berserkers KILL MAIM BURN!?

Codexian berserkers have short cameo in next update but they will be put to use in update after that.

Gonen's Bridge

Monday September 15, Gonen's Bridge

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

It's Market Garden again but we are ze Germans this time.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Ovg, Hoodoo, Joka, Tindrli and Roxorowski are busy burning the keep. Only Imperator, Sergiu64, Mrowak and Cappen are here to help us destroy the Gonen's Bridge.

4.jpg

We have army od darkness on our tail and we can't move on yet because some damn soulless arrived.

5.jpg

They come from two sides but bowmen in Soublighter are better than Fir'Bolgs in TFL. And our guys have quite a bit of kills on top of that.

6.jpg

Now we can start moving.

7.jpg

Fast.

8.jpg

This river crossing looks like god damn trap to me and I saw quite a few of traps in our TFL days.

9.jpg

Wights!

10.jpg

We don't have time to deal with them right way so we have to rush through and hope that our Bowmen are in good condition today.

11.jpg

Just like during the old days man!

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

The way is mostly clear so we have to keep moving and shoot Wights as we go.

1.jpg

I noticed one Wight too late and it managed to detonate itself closer to us than I would have liked.

2.jpg

But no one died and we can continue our way.

3.jpg

Unfortunately, our way is blocked by Soulless and some Ghols.

4.jpg

And scouts of enemy army managed to catch up with us.

warrior.jpg

Damn it! we are trapped!

archer.jpg

SHOOT THE WIGHT!

5.jpg

archer.jpg

NOT THIS ONE FOR FUCKS SAKE!

6.jpg

7.jpg

Well, Ivoldi survived and explosion of second wight killed two soulless and badly wounded other two.

8.jpg

One warrior will try to lure some thralls away while rest deals with enemy army scouts.

9.jpg

There are wight pieces everywhere so this make dwarf bombs even more deadly.

10.jpg

11.jpg

SPLAT!

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Last thrall is dead and now our master-baiter can return.

1.jpg

But we still have to deal with Ghols se we send another luremaster.

2.jpg

To certain death, but he will be remembered.

3.jpg

Dammit, they have wight pieces.

4.jpg

Which backfired on them. Unfortunately Soulless are covering them so we can't finish them off yet.

5.jpg

We need another luremaster/javelin pillow/An Hero.

6.jpg

7.jpg

SPLAT!

8.jpg

Ghols are dead and we may proceed with killing Soulless.

9.jpg

And we better do it fast because we ain't stopping THAT!

10.jpg

Hector got a little bit carried away and he's pretty much dead.

11.jpg

But such is fate of Legion's An Hero.

1.jpg

Unfortunately we still can't just run because there is shittton of thralls before us.

2.jpg

So we have to start general shooting and shit-chucking.

3.jpg

Ans slashing, slashing is bad but we don't have any other choice.

4.jpg

5.jpg

We are almost done but "almost done" is not good enough.

6.jpg

archer.jpg

SHOOT THE WIGHT!

7.jpg

warrior.jpg

Shoot my ass! JUST RUN!

8.jpg

Archers catched javelin or two but I think we have lost them for now.

9.jpg

River ambush, not very surprising but we kinda don't have a time to deal with such bullshit.

10.jpg

But we don't have a choice.

11.jpg

12.jpg

Imperator is badly wounded and I'm sad to say that's our bowmen's work. But we will tell everyone he was wounded in glorious battle.

13.jpg

We applied Mandrake Root on Imperator and we can continue our great escape.

1.jpg

Dagnabbit.

2.jpg

3.jpg

We reached river crossing and nothing horrible happened when we were going through it. Shocking.

4.jpg

We are almost there, just few more steps...

5.jpg

By the wyrd! It might be too late!

6.jpg

Ok, time to face grim reality. We can't beat those guys. We must make mad dash towards the bridge.

7.jpg

8.jpg

We can outmeneuver Thralls so Soulless are our priority target.

9.jpg

Well, it looks cool but I think we just put our only escape rout on fire.

10.jpg

We need to keep retreating untill fire goes down.

11.jpg

And now it's time for Codexers last charge to buy enough time for Garrick to escape.

12.jpg

We will also try to save as many codexers as we can, but I won't hold my breath.

13.jpg

Ivoldi sacrificed himself to take some heat off Garrick and Codexers.

14.jpg

And he might have just saved Sergiu, Cappen, Imperator and Mrowak.

15.jpg

Nope, it didn't saved Mrowak.

16.jpg

Or Sergiu.

17.jpg

Not even Cappen. Well, fuck.

18.jpg

But Imperator and Garrick survived and Roxorowski and Tindrli are getting ready to blow-up the bridge.

19.jpg

Goddamit, Ivoldi just fucking refuses to die!

20.jpg

But he's on his own now. We have to destroy the bridge.

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

I have no idea happened in the last update :M

Oh, I'm sorry, I kind of a got used to the fact that you guys know more about games I LP than I do so I didn't really explained what happened in The Baron mission. This mission shouldn't look like it looked in my update, Baron should keep avoiding our soldiers after we secured both southern secret exits and he should keep running away (he is faster than any unit that we had there) until we somehow managed to corner him. But he decided to just go straight for one of the exits and it happened to be exit we were just about to secure. So I was shocked we finished this mission in 10 or 15 minutes instead of an hour.

Yeah, we have a stream of rape-tastic missions. I'm getting my ass kicked so I will soon have to start resurrecting you guys...

One thing that made me wait a while with making this LP was a fact that GimithR on Youtube is doing LP of Myth 2. But it turned out he's doing it blind (because some dude paid him to play it :M) and he don't seem to enjoy it much. But people on his channel, even those unfamiliar with the game, are pointing out how "cool" the soundtrack is. And it reminded me of a fucking shock I experienced when I first played Myth 3:

:love:

:popamole:

Well, but I still think that Myth 3 is not THAT bad (And I'm going to make LP to prove it... eventually).

Beyond the Cloudspine

Wednesday September 17, Plain of Scales

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

We destroyed Gonen's Bridge but every city on this side of cloudspine mountains is getting untastefuly raped by the undead. We have to inform KING* Alric about this quickly and fastest way to get to Madrigal is through damaged World Knot. It is Codexers job to reach and repair this knot.

2.jpg

Squad of barbarians: Zbój Łamignat, Night Goat and Fag of Many Stories. Boxer and KickAss have to wait one more mission because I don't want too many codexers at the same time.

3.jpg

Our trusty dorfs: Roxorowski, Tindrli and DraQMini (Soulblighter is not the only being capabale of using necromancy. But we are quite new at this shit and after unfortunate explosion dwarf is only thing we could construct from DraQ remains).

4.jpg

Also, brother of Sergiu64 - Sergiu65 joined us in his quest to avenge his brother (or die horribly... or both. I hope he has large family).

1.jpg

We have many berserkers and men of Gower can smell danger from a mile so we decided to take defensive position near cozy looking river crossing.

2.jpg

Here.

3.jpg

Our berserkers were right, there are enemy patrols here.

4.jpg

We need to send master-baiter to lure some enemies into our trap.

5.jpg

Fag of Many Stories volunteered for the job.

6.jpg

And now he have to dance with the Soulless since most of them made him their target.

7.jpg

I'm still bit rusty so Storyfag got hit more times than I would like. But we have a healer so no biggie...

8.jpg

... What the shit?!

9.jpg

AMBUSH!

10.jpg

We are damn lucky that I decided to keep our berserkers in the back.

11.jpg

Ok, those were just Ghols so we are fine. Now we have to send another master-baiter to lure more enemies here.

1.jpg

And it's going to be Storyfag again.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Ghols are squishy so two dorfs and archers should be enough.

4.jpg

Bastards were carrying wight pieces.

5.jpg

Ok, now dorfs don't throw anything ok? they are too close.

6.jpg

Tindrli disregarded my order but we managed to step back before explosion paralyzed all our archers.

7.jpg

Then Storyfag won a duel with a Ghol and now he is a real man.

1.jpg

This time our luremaster spotted soulless and thralls. He will have to dodge javelins while he tries to lure slow-ass thralls into our trap.

2.jpg

But he's getting better and better at this and he didn't got hit even once.

3.jpg

And now our dorfs may have some fun with thralls.

4.jpg

5.jpg

Now we shall send Storyfag to scout ahead one last time and then we can continue looking for a World Knot.

1.jpg

Way north seems to be clear so we can finally leave our river crossing (because this was slowly turning into my EB Sweboz LP).

2.jpg

We spotted few Ghols. I started to rotate our formation and then clicked on random berserker to get master-baiter - and lo and behold, it was Storyfag.

3.jpg

Ghols catched our bait and we are ready to assplode them to pieces.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

WIGHT PIECE! SCATTER!

4.jpg

Explosion of molotov broken deadly big wight piece into more managable smaller ones...

5.jpg

Roxorowski and Tindrli are paralyzed but alive. Also, DragMini pulled off some ninja shit and somehow avoided being hit by large wight chunk.

6.jpg

We have Soulless coming but Ghols are dead so we should be able to deal with javelin-chuckers easily.

7.jpg

Berserkers are fucking Gaesatae made of pure awesome and reached Soulless before our archers even managed to pull arrow from a quiver.

8.jpg

And slashed them to pieces. We can continue looking for World Knot.

1.jpg

Goddamit.

2.jpg

Ok, we need to give Storyfag a break and send someone else as a javelin-catcher.

3.jpg

Craap.

4.jpg

But we avenged our brave berserker and we can our journey.

1.jpg

We reached suspicious river crossing. I decided to send Night Goat to see what horrible shit awaits us on the other side.

2.jpg

Storm of javelins and shitton of Thralls.

3.jpg

We need lure some to our side.

4.jpg

We can't just charge through the river.

5.jpg

6.jpg

We killed few Thralls but rest of undead retreated. We will have to do this luring thing couple times more so I will report when we are done...

1.jpg

Ok, those bastards don't to want to come to our side anymore and we have to make suicide charge with non-codexian berserkers.

2.jpg

CHAARGE!

3.jpg

Wight started to pop out from the river behind our brave berserkers.

4.jpg

But they reached their target.

5.jpg

They managed to survive this uphll charge, slash one group of Soulless and even took out few Thralls. They seem to be safe here so they may be able to create diversion that let rest of our soldiers to cross the river.

1.jpg

We've sent one berserker to zig-zag his way through thralls and kill soulless because they are main danger here.

2.jpg

Unfortunately he died before he reached javelin-chuckers.

3.jpg

And undead decided to follow our archers that I sent to cover our berserker.

4.jpg

But they quickly started retreating and it gave us enough time to cross the river.

5.jpg

And join-up with uphill charge survivors.

6.jpg

Sergiu's archers are picking off soulless while our dorfs are busy assploding thralls.

7.jpg

Unfortunately, one archers had heart-attack and died. I seriously don't know what happened.

8.jpg

But we dealt with the enemy and World Knot is just a few steps from here.

1.jpg

We will send non-codexian dorfs to repair the knot and rest of us will cover their asses.

2.jpg

Because undead are not happy that we managed to get here.

3.jpg

Another bowman died. Sergiu65 is still alive and kicking though.

4.jpg

We don't have time to shoot soulless so we had to send Zbój Łamignat and few other berserkers to chop them to pieces (zig-zaging their way through thralls).

5.jpg

Codexian dwarfs will take care of thralls.

6.jpg

7.jpg

Sergiu just shot one of our berserkers but shitt happens. CRUELTY OF WAR.

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Not a moment too son because more undead arrived.

11.jpg

Very few losses compared to our last adventure.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Ivar the Boner said:
And he might have just saved Sergiu, Cappen, Imperator and Mrowak.

15.jpg

Nope, it didn't saved Mrowak.

God dammit!

Still, considering that what happened was nothing short of an apocalypse, you are forgiven. :rpgcodex:

Anyways, Mrowak's distant causin, Mrowaksu has valunteered to berzerk teh shiet out of undead arses.

Ovg

Cipher
You promised me death or glory!
I tried playing the Baron mission, and chased him for half the map. Man, Myth 2 is anti-Ovg.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Hell yes! I didn't really do anything except dodge some javelins, but I'm sure I looked like a badass while I did it.

Hell yes! I didn't really do anything except dodge some javelins, but I'm sure I looked like a badass while I did it.

That's actually what berserkers are for in this game. At least according to Myth rule of "if it comes to melee, you did something wrong".

You promised me death or glory!
I tried playing the Baron mission, and chased him for half the map. Man, Myth 2 is anti-Ovg.

Yeah, but goddamn Cruniac knew about your pyromaniac tendencies and decided he needs you to burn the Baron's Keep (you will be back though, eventually).

The Great Library

Tuesday Semptember 23, Madrigal

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Alric is trippin' balls and Myrkridia are just silly superstition. Pay no mind to that bullshit...

4.jpg

Codexers have to guard entrance to the Great Library untill our Journeyman retrives the Codex? THAT'S EASY!

1.jpg

Oh...

2.jpg

Oh...

3.jpg

Do it fast, pretty please.

4.jpg

We will but hurry up.

5.jpg

Boxer finally joined our other three codexian berserkers. We have only two dwarfs in this mission and they are Roxorowski and Tindrli. Also, Mrowaksu just finished his training and joined Sergiu65 as a bowmen (I know, Mrowaksu was supposed to be Berserker but I hope he will be badass archer like his cousin).

1.jpg

We got first fools that tries to take Codex from Codexers.

2.jpg

And they decided to approach us from Codexers side. FOOLS!

3.jpg

4.jpg

Goddamit Roxorowski, that was pathetic (that's my fault, I decided to manually target ground and this bomb didn't killed shit).

5.jpg

No biggie, those are just Ghols.

6.jpg

Shooting competition with Soulless is all fine and well but I decided to just send Angtyr to fuck them up.

7.jpg

Shit, he better hurry up.

8.jpg

9.jpg

Bowmen saved his life by killing Fetch.

myth_fetch_concept_art_by_jago_dakari-d3r0qho.jpg

Fetch are chicks summoned by Balor from other world during the Great War. They shoot lightningbolts and like to wear skins of their fallen enemies. They are stuck in our world since Balor is busy floating around in Great Devoid (well, his head is, what happened with the rest of his body is a mystery).

10.jpg

Awww shieeet.

11.jpg

Fetch lightning bolts are fucking bitch to catch on screenshot (I think I managed to do it only once in my TFL LP) but Angtyr got hit. Berserkers can survive one Fetch hit but it will instantly kill any other unit (and any unit next to that unit since it works like dorfs bombs).

12.jpg

Well, he survived lightning bolt but something else killed him.

13.jpg

Our bowmen killed Fetch and now they have to keep sniping wights.

1.jpg

Sergiu65 got hit by wight piece but he survived and should be fine.

2.jpg

Yup, he's fine. Day like every other in Legion!

3.jpg

Nothing horrible happened for like, 5 seconds and I start getting suspicious. We will send Storyfag to scout ahead.

4.jpg

Bastards tried to sneak up on us!

5.jpg

But thanks to Storyfag's early warning we are ready for them.

6.jpg

7.jpg

The fuck. I think that Roxorowski have a bad day because I was not messing with this throw.

8.jpg

Tindrli is doing fine.

9.jpg

I don't feel like playing with soulless while we are getting attacked by horde of Thralls so we shall try to flank those bastards with our berserkers.

1.jpg

Dammit, they have Ghols. I didn't expect that but it's too late to retreat our berserkers.

2.jpg

Codexerks are charging blindly right into the jaws of darkness (well, most of them, Zbój is guarding our bowmen's flank).

3.jpg

And EXPLOSHUNS begun.

4.jpg

Unfortunately Codexserks have to go through Ghols if they want to reach Soulless (and that's kind of a point of this whole shebang).

5.jpg

Well, it seems that fucking everybody have a bad day today because Codexerks are getting their asses kicked by Ghols.

6.jpg

Meanwhile, Hrungnir is doing some Benny Hill shit on the right...

7.jpg

Night Goat is barely alive so we are getting him out of there. Boxer and Storyfag have to deal with Soulles alone (Zbój is just chilling because nothing happens on our left).

8.jpg

Our archers are mostly fresh recruits so they suck balls. Times of sniper-Mrowak are over. Fortunately our dorfs dealt with Soulless.

9.jpg

Hrugnir got tired of running around and brought us some Ghols. We will have a lot of free shots on them while they chase him so we should be fine here.

10.jpg

Codexerks are almost done with Soulless but Boxer is badly wounded and Storyfag will have to continue on his own.

11.jpg

I think we are going to be fine.

12.jpg

Git some!

13.jpg

Ok, now GTFO.

14.jpg

I don't think I made right decision with this Berserker charge but hey, no one died.

1.jpg

More Ghols is trying to sneak up on us.

2.jpg

And they have wight pieces.

3.jpg

They come from all directions but our berserkers can outrun them so we will try to make them nice target for our bowmen (Ghols, not berserkers).

4.jpg

We lost one archer.

5.jpg

There was lots of them but we managed to stand our ground. Now we will send another scout (Zbój Łamignat this time) to see what is waiting for us next.

1.jpg

Seems like more Ghols.

2.jpg

Oh, and Fetch. That's not good.

3.jpg

Ok Bowmen, don't fuck this up.

4.jpg

Hey, they are getting better!

5.jpg

Now we have to deal with Ghol charge.

6.jpg

Which we failed to do and Tindrli is in deep shit now. Zbój Łamignat is coming to save the day though.

7.jpg

The day would surely be saved but our bowmen just shot Zbój Łamignat.

8.jpg

Zbój sacrifice allowed us to get more berserkers here and save Tindrli.

9.jpg

But then our archers shot and killed Roxorowski. What the fuck guys? (I'm not pointing at anyone... but Sergiu did this).

1.jpg

We still have Tindrli.

2.jpg

And dealing with Wights doesn't require a dorf.

3.jpg

But dealing with Thralls does...

4.jpg

One dwarf may not be able to do this so we have to send master-baiter to lure some Thralls away.

5.jpg

We will send Reifnir Always Wounded because he's not wounded.

6.jpg

Ok, now he is because Mrowaksu just shot him as he was walking by.

7.jpg

And he lured one Thrall... one fucking thrall.

8.jpg

9.jpg

Well, shit.

1.jpg

2.jpg

And some Ghols joined the party.

3.jpg

Shit's not looking good.

4.jpg

Goddamit, Fetch. Fortunately they seem to follow Reifnir.

5.jpg

Tindrli just got chopped to pieces by Thrall.

6.jpg

And one Fetch is NOT following Reifnir.

7.jpg

Hey! I catched lightning bolt on screenshot!

8.jpg

Bummer.

9.jpg

But two survivors of Fetch lightning bolt managed to kill the bitch.

10.jpg

Second one assploded Reifnir but our codexian bowmen are in process if killing it.

11.jpg

There is not many of us left which is recurring theme in this LP.

12.jpg

13.jpg

The fuck took him so long? He was making fucking photo-copy of total codex or what?

14.jpg

He healed our wounded codexers and we may proceed to world knot.

15.jpg

Which is very close but unfortunately it's guarded.

16.jpg

We don't have any dorfs or enough berserkers to deal with this shit so Storyfag have to do some master-baiting.

1.jpg

2.jpg

But he's expert at it. A real wanker.

3.jpg

Even Ghols can't catch him.

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

That looks stupid but its working.

7.jpg

And we've done it without casualties!

8.jpg

FUCKING ARCHERS!

9.jpg

10.jpg

It's all their fault.

Imperator

Scholar
When i going to return the battlefield to fight against the undead or die horribly?

When i going to return the battlefield to fight against the undead or die horribly?

I think we will use warriors again in next mission, which is quite unfortunate for you, Ovg and KickAss because next mission is complete rape from what I remember.

EDIT: And for Hoodoo and Joka because they are also alive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom